Some N00b Questions

T

Turamber

Can someone wearing the improved armour (forget its name) drive a vehicle (sunderer in my case)?

As you achieve higher battle ranks does new equipment become available to you?

... Damn this game is fun, why didn't anyone tell me before!! :eek:

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Turamber
Can someone wearing the improved armour (forget its name) drive a vehicle (sunderer in my case)?

As you achieve higher battle ranks does new equipment become available to you?

... Damn this game is fun, why didn't anyone tell me before!! :eek:

If you mean Re-inforced armour, no. You can't drive anything other than Harrasser, your Empire's Heavy Buggy, Wraith or Basilisk while wearing it.

Higher battle ranks give you more cert points which means you can take more skills on the 1 character. :D

S

shilak

And the Skyguard when it comes in next patch :)

Basically, you can only drive open topped vehicles whilst wearing reinforced armour. For closed top vehicles you need to be in agile or lighter armours.

T

Turamber

Okay guys, thanks for the advice :)

It makes sense to me that higher levels, and combinations of training certs, would give access to better equipment or skills -- maybe that is something for the future of Planetside.

So ... I have 3 cert points burning a hole in my trouserpocket, what do I spend them on?!! Is Engineering handy?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Higher battle ranks also give you access to implants, like surge, darklight and audio amp. You get a new implant slot every 6 levels.

Also, high battle rank gives uniform changes (colours) at levels 7 and 14. On NC you uniform goes from predominantly blue at low levels to predominantly yellow at 14+.

Command rank also infers benefits, from being able to set waypoints for your squad to being able to summon orbital strikes. Command ranks also give uniform changes - you get shin-guards, then wrist guards then a back-pack as you get higher in CR. Apparently your head-gear chages slightly too.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*polishes his sniper rifle and waits for ugleeh Vanu Turamber to rear his head*

:D

B

bone_idle

Really if you drive a vehicle you should have the engineering cert. If your vehicle gets broken in someway or another. Just get out and repair it.

Gets on my nerves a bit when you see loads of people in their vehicles spamming " we need repairs ". I help all i can but i can only do one thing at once :)

T

Turamber

Thats a good point. I'm still playing around trying to find a balance of skills that works well, suits my playstyle and is fun. At a lowly BR8 (hey, give me a chance! only been playing since Sunday!!) I don't have many cert points to play with.

Tried speccing combat engineering tonight and that really is cool -- not sure if I should spec that and a vehicle, or that with an anti-vehicle weapon. Choices, choices... Give BR11!

Users who are viewing this thread