Solo Zone Update Friday 14th

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok after a couple of hours of me roaming I wasn't really looking for fights I was more concerned about how people would do inside the solo zone.

I noticed a couple of things which we can improve on and the only way to improve this is the people who actually go to this raid/event/whatever.

1. Roaming would help alot more as most tend to just meet in the middle of agramon (not good as this could get very boring). So I would suggest alot of roaming instead.

Now roaming would obviously stop the silly dueling which will happen if everyone just meets in the middle. To stop this we all need to work together and get the most fun out of this as possible (dueling in centre gets extremely boring and very repetitive.

2. Each realm create a /cg for those that join in the solo zone so if someone dies for example. People can ask where etc...

3. Rules - Most seem to get confused by these rules.

I'm trying to make hardly any rules to have it as close to normal rvr as possible.

Rule 1.

The area will be from AMG / HMG / MMG - Inside the mile gates only.

Rule 2.

Killing enemy with less than 100% hp is allowed so please dont be scared. Reason for this is that if you face a warrior for example and letting him reach 100% hp again, the warrior will win majority of the fights (just using warrior as an example so you get the idea).

Rule 3.

If you see enemy fighting and he just finishes and he runs off to rest somewhere, you have the right to go attack him/her. So if the enemy just finished the fight and doesn't bother walking away and just sits where he just finished his fight, its his own fault for sitting. I just want people to be aware and be careful and use thier brain and go hide somewhere hoping a stealther, caster or whatever isn't lurking nearby.

Rule 4.

Add if you want to its optional as most enemy can take out multiple targets (optional) or if you see a fight and you dont want to add just run off somewhere else if you want to. If you stand and watch this will just encourage more people to come and watch and then it will turn into Dueling circle which is really zzzzzzzz.

Rule 5.

If the Duel circle begins I will ask a GM to whipe you all. So hopefully this will encourage more people to roam.

I think those should be the rules.

So if we use the above to help each other to have the most fun as possible then it will work.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The GMs joined the Illuminati Order which is supposed to help with the "cluster", some day.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Solo zone = add if you want to = normal zone = whats the point of the solo zone again please ?

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
gl finding a gm to wipe them.. they dont care about the server anymore :p

lol!

Well
About the roaming..

Might be just me. but i like watching fights.. not just @ agramon. everywhere in the frontiers
Maybe i even learn something from it.
(tho.. yes i agree it'll get boring that way, but i love watching good fights)

Anddd. about the "killing resting/healing" ppl.. i dont mind if others do it tho.
I will only do that when they did it to me :p

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
tbh tell the valk (healover) and warrior (frusvall) to stop group for hot and don't fecking buff shear you prick else im just going rr5 you all the time, and add on you when i see you, other then that it was alright to many hibs tho

Ucallme

Banned
Solo zone = add if you want to = normal zone = whats the point of the solo zone again please ?

Because this way you know where all the soloers are. Normal RvR you can go for like 2 hours without finding anything. Atleast agramon you know where all the soloers are and its not as huge as main map...

Pretty obvious tbh.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Dard

Part of the furniture
Because this way you know where all the soloers are. Normal RvR you can go for like 2 hours without finding anything. Atleast agramon you know where all the soloers are and its not as huge as main map...

Pretty obvious tbh.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Yet most people who solo do so for the fun of fair (as fair as fights in daoc can be) fights, its about the honour, its about getting lone enforcer isnt it ?

I thought the point of your idea was to get good clean fights, i see now i was mistaken, i think its a stupid idea to encourage solo-ers to go to a zone for other people to add on them.

BUT !

I still wish all of you good fun adding & zerging down peeps on agramon.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Yup, your 2-4 'rules' are just bollocks.

We need roaming and we need varying zones. It was decent today, but it really got tedious after just a few runs.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I personally wont attack people that are low on health after a fight and i think most people wont, but like in normal RvR, expect it to happen.
If people roam more there wont be as much chance to get killed after a fight either when noone else is watching. When 6-8 people stand around in the middle of agramon and watch eachothers fight and sit down there to rest, it's boring. It becomes a duel circle where you pick your fights and only accept and /bow when you have DT up or moose, IP, warguard, etc.
If you run around and can get jumped by someone any time, you tend to save your abilities as well instead of dumping it all at once.

When i see the circle i'm not sure what to do. Do i run in there and just attack someone(which i should). Do i /beckon one of them and see if he accepts? Will the other duellers attack me if i just jump one of them?

Today there were plenty of people there. Even if we spread out more it shouldn't be hard to find someone.

Ucallme

Banned
Yet most people who solo do so for the fun of fair (as fair as fights in daoc can be) fights, its about the honour, its about getting lone enforcer isnt it ?

I thought the point of your idea was to get good clean fights, i see now i was mistaken, i think its a stupid idea to encourage solo-ers to go to a zone for other people to add on them.

BUT !

I still wish all of you good fun adding & zerging down peeps on agramon.

Well the adding thing I dont like personally but its hard to explain... as I said on my other rules adding to try make things more even... like a R11 warrior fighting a R4 warden for example.

I'm only trying to make it fair for everyone. I for one wont add on fights.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Ucallme

Banned
Yup, your 2-4 'rules' are just bollocks.

We need roaming and we need varying zones. It was decent today, but it really got tedious after just a few runs.

Its not just my rules. If we all work together we can put it right. So the rules I make please let us know we can all work it and put it right.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Dard

Part of the furniture
Well the adding thing I dont like personally but its hard to explain... as I said on my other rules adding to try make things more even... like a R11 warrior fighting a R4 warden for example.

I'm only trying to make it fair for everyone. I for one wont add on fights.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Is cool m8, i applaud the idea i just disagree with the "rules".

If its a solo zone you shouldnt add on 1v1s (imo) thats surely the point of the excercise, to get clean 1v1 fights, BUT!! thats it - no more rules, if you want to kill someone who has just had a fight thats cool with me, just have the decency to give them a moment or two should they wish to emote (good or bad ones ;p) to the guy they just fought.

Just try to use a bit of common sense, if your a reasonable realm rank by all means kick the crap out of the lower realm rank guys there, just dont chain them (thats more a personal plea, i got killed 3 or 4 times by an inf, they werent really fights they where just embaressing from my pov, couldnt hit the guy) its no fun to get chain killed.

Agree with the try & roam a bit more, its what i tried to do & doesnt take to long to whip round all the MG's.

The only other thing i'd say is by all means stop & watch others fighting (i too enjoy watching a good tear up) just be prepared to get jumped while you are wathcing though.

Anyways, not trying to tell you what to do, just sharing my opinion, hope you continue the idea & i hope it works, nice to see something positive on here for a change. :drink:

Ucallme

Banned
Is cool m8, i applaud the idea i just disagree with the "rules".

If its a solo zone you shouldnt add on 1v1s (imo) thats surely the point of the excercise, to get clean 1v1 fights, BUT!! thats it - no more rules, if you want to kill someone who has just had a fight thats cool with me, just have the decency to give them a moment or two should they wish to emote (good or bad ones ;p) to the guy they just fought.

Just try to use a bit of common sense, if your a reasonable realm rank by all means kick the crap out of the lower realm rank guys there, just dont chain them (thats more a personal plea, i got killed 3 or 4 times by an inf, they werent really fights they where just embaressing from my pov, couldnt hit the guy) its no fun to get chain killed.

Agree with the try & roam a bit more, its what i tried to do & doesnt take to long to whip round all the MG's.

The only other thing i'd say is by all means stop & watch others fighting (i too enjoy watching a good tear up) just be prepared to get jumped while you are wathcing though.

Anyways, not trying to tell you what to do, just sharing my opinion, hope you continue the idea & i hope it works, nice to see something positive on here for a change. :drink:

Yes this way if we all work together we can merge all the rules together and get it right so it suits everyone. If we get the rules right then solo zone should be good if the people that go there work on these rules we all supplied.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It does the morale good to have these events occasionally but you'll quickly find it's the same people over and over again that will turn up, which makes the fights boring after awhile once you've figured each others templates out.

It does pretty much sound like just any other location though if people are still adding and duoing :eek7:

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah..no need with many rules...

Solo vs solo is ok ... and just maybe try to make peeps think before they act (add). That should be enough for intelligent creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom