The solo Scene

Septina

Part of the furniture
Been running with Taglims group for the last 3 or 4 days, the only action we've ever come across has been at keeps or towers. As you say, might be fun for some people but it's deffo not my cup of tea. :p
And yea, from what i've heard Limors has turned in to one big mindless zergfest, havent played there for close to a year now but atleast Temair still is very nice. :p
Was very fun to play the old bard and sb again on Dyvet but in the long run it gets very tedious with the action the server has to offer. :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
They okay once in a while, but mostly I can't stand sieges and standsoffs either. But can normally avoid em, or at least get them out the way quick to make some inc and other action.

It's not perfect on dyvet and population won't have to drop much b4 it goes totally down the pan again, like it did end of last yr. But I guess peeps have different preference on lvls of action. Even back in OF when all servers had health pops and emain was always 100% active with zergs and fgs etc., even with a easy and free choice some of us freaks would go HW and odins instead. :(

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Aye what mael says.

If you running full groups all the albsies go to ground for the evening and you kill the action. Also if CM not running it can be pretty quite - its like unless the albsies have them to hide behind they cant be bothered doing anything.

Tubbs said:
Custodia Malacitana = Heroes of Albion

:worthy:

Septina

Part of the furniture
L2spot sarcasm. :( Must be a nice feeling tho knowing you're the best fg on a server...... after every other fg has left it. xD

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Your right though sept - there is no 8v8 scene at all and an organised fg just hasnt got enough enemies to feed it almost all nights.

Even when there is irvr there is very little roaming by anyone excep the hib pugs. With the population so low flaming stuff is required to shout this is where we are - come get us - and also to get the albs off their arses.

Agree it can get tedious and it aint gonna sustain you 7 nights a week, but to dip into with a group of friends, or have a go solo it still can be fun - but it does require a radical readjustment of expectations from the days when you/we wanted 8v8 action and everything else wasnt worth logging on for.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Oh Manisch you make me cry purple piss m8,it nice to have you back on FH and Dyvet makes people who play Dyvet so satisfied that they can piss you off so much.

Well Manisch it better to be pissed off than to be pissed on m8 :D

Soulja

if u cry purple piss i would consider seeing a doctor about ur eyes ;)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

People moan about CM and albs have them to thank partially for being bottom of the popularity pile and arguably for the accelerated decline of the server as a whole, but thank god they are still around because they do contribute to the action on the server.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
And yea, from what i've heard Limors has turned in to one big mindless zergfest, havent played there for close to a year now but atleast Temair still is very nice. :p :(

septina m8, i thought u were a bit more down to earth and had a more objective perspective.
actually the name manisch depresive fits u much more than any other in the forum
u whined about dyvet being shit, u fled to us
then u were sayin how super us server were, next thing u were on yer bm on avalon for a few days
finaly u get a grp on temair and bust everybody @@ about how shit dyvet is, yet u come bak to play dyvet
now u say u havent played avalon for a year , but you know it is a big zerg fest

I have been told and have expirienced that temair is same shit, different server
Maybe there is a fg scene there, which it is most of the times remote away from the zerg
I think u can ran fg zone on any server, but atm temair cluster can offer more fg for fg zone
as for action on avalon, i can find grp for any of my 10 chars, doing 100k in 2,5h on my fotm ani farmin the rr11 firewizzy zerg
:drink:

Everz

FH is my second home
They okay once in a while, but mostly I can't stand sieges and standsoffs either. But can normally avoid em, or at least get them out the way quick to make some inc and other action.

It's not perfect on dyvet and population won't have to drop much b4 it goes totally down the pan again, like it did end of last yr. But I guess peeps have different preference on lvls of action. Even back in OF when all servers had health pops and emain was always 100% active with zergs and fgs etc., even with a easy and free choice some of us freaks would go HW and odins instead. :(

Dodens + HoC was the way for primetime to miss the zergs... was a bg hero and chanter combo.... damn i miss them dungeons :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Finally someone revealed it: Manisch = Septina. Not only suffering from bipolar disorder but also from multiple schizophrenia.

Scnr...

Septina

Part of the furniture
septina m8, i thought u were a bit more down to earth and had a more objective perspective.
actually the name manisch depresive fits u much more than any other in the forum
u whined about dyvet being shit, u fled to us
then u were sayin how super us server were, next thing u were on yer bm on avalon for a few days
finaly u get a grp on temair and bust everybody @@ about how shit dyvet is, yet u come bak to play dyvet
now u say u havent played avalon for a year , but you know it is a big zerg fest

I have been told and have expirienced that temair is same shit, different server
Maybe there is a fg scene there, which it is most of the times remote away from the zerg
I think u can ran fg zone on any server, but atm temair cluster can offer more fg for fg zone
as for action on avalon, i can find grp for any of my 10 chars, doing 100k in 2,5h on my fotm ani farmin the rr11 firewizzy zerg
:drink:

I played some Dyvet yes, after everyone basically saying 'its still fun omg omg, rocks rvr etc' i decided to give it a try when Taglim asked me to bard some for them only to be royally dissapointed and true, i havent played avalon for over a year but word goes around and i still talk to people i've played with in the past (shock horror).
US servers was nice when we lvld up and the reason that went bonkers was because some people quit and we were left with only a few people for the group we had planned. :p
From my perspective, yes, Dyvet is complete shit, it has nothing to offer for the playstyle i play for, i wanted to give it a shot after all the praise certain people have given it on these boards but meh, no thanks. :(
How much rps you make in an evening says nothing about the quality of rvr a server has to offer, hell, i even made 60k in an hour on Dyvet doing nothing but sieging a tower/keep camped by albs. :x

Bottom line, i was hoping that i maybe had been a tad too harsh when it comes to shitslining towards Dyvet, but from the last couple of days it definetly has nothing to offer me and it's a real shame GoA let this happen to the server.
Alltho, for people like CM and others that like to play the old 'bash the door down and kill the lord' game this is the ideal server for that.

Edit: About the whole Temair issue, ofcourse theres zergs going there but for the mostparts they stay the hell out of agramon and all the fg people go there. You see the ocassional zerg moving through agramon but that's mostly to get to an enemy frontier and siege some stuffs there. From what i've heard from the UK fg players that played on Limors recently there isnt even an fg scene left there, everyone just zergs, adds and shit whereas on Temair there actually is a large fg scene still alive and kicking = it's the ideal server for any fg player. :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I played some Dyvet yes, after everyone basically saying 'its still fun omg omg, rocks rvr etc' i decided to give it a try when Taglim asked me to bard some for them only to be royally dissapointed and true, i havent played avalon for over a year but word goes around and i still talk to people i've played with in the past (shock horror).
US servers was nice when we lvld up and the reason that went bonkers was because some people quit and we were left with only a few people for the group we had planned. :p
From my perspective, yes, Dyvet is complete shit, it has nothing to offer for the playstyle i play for, i wanted to give it a shot after all the praise certain people have given it on these boards but meh, no thanks. :(
How much rps you make in an evening says nothing about the quality of rvr a server has to offer, hell, i even made 60k in an hour on Dyvet doing nothing but sieging a tower/keep camped by albs. :x

Bottom line, i was hoping that i maybe had been a tad too harsh when it comes to shitslining towards Dyvet, but from the last couple of days it definetly has nothing to offer me and it's a real shame GoA let this happen to the server.
Alltho, for people like CM and others that like to play the old 'bash the door down and kill the lord' game this is the ideal server for that.

Edit: About the whole Temair issue, ofcourse theres zergs going there but for the mostparts they stay the hell out of agramon and all the fg people go there. You see the ocassional zerg moving through agramon but that's mostly to get to an enemy frontier and siege some stuffs there. From what i've heard from the UK fg players that played on Limors recently there isnt even an fg scene left there, everyone just zergs, adds and shit whereas on Temair there actually is a large fg scene still alive and kicking = it's the ideal server for any fg player. :)

Erm. well at least you tried - dont think anyone claimed it was daoc nirvana once more - what did you expect really - i'm genuinely interested in what you want out of the game at this stage?

But like i said if you want hardcore fg action ofcourse youre not gonna get it - you need to be prepared to log at 10:30 or earlier on quite nights and find something else to do - but so what - thats no bad thing in itself either.

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH

Ja, so more people roll Alb/Temair and gimme a group ffs!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Erm. well at least you tried - dont think anyone claimed it was daoc nirvana once more - what did you expect really - i'm genuinely interested in what you want out of the game at this stage?

But like i said if you want hardcore fg action ofcourse youre not gonna get it - you need to be prepared to log at 10:30 or earlier on quite nights and find something else to do - but so what - thats no bad thing in itself either.

I expected a tad more than this to be quite honest. :p Solo wise it's totally deserted, the few people i attacked when playing my sb just instantly legged it and the rest wouldnt leave xx keep before they had atleast 5 m8s with them. :p
Groupwise was pretty much the same, no action whatsoever unless at any given keep/tower. :x

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Come US classic, Raven!

I may even PL you a little if you start on hib. :p There are often duels at the lake on Agramon, without any guard spawn. Not always a lot of people there, but sometimes.
Soloing isn't too bad either. I play a gimpy BM and still do ok. ;)

Thanks for the offer mate but got an email today for the conan Beta :) so not bothering now, not from reading what people have said in this thread makes it particularly intersting anyway :p

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
Ja, so more people roll Alb/Temair and gimme a group ffs!

:fluffle: my cleric template is finished, and in 3 days or so our grp will run out of the :m00: pve so will tell u if we got any spot free.
Where is feydigi? any idea? i miss him!

kivik

Part of the furniture
Zoia said:
Come US classic, Raven!

I may even PL you a little if you start on hib. There are often duels at the lake on Agramon, without any guard spawn. Not always a lot of people there, but sometimes.
Soloing isn't too bad either. I play a gimpy BM and still do ok.

What's the name on BM? Look out for my fresh limpy SB Kiwz! :)

gravi-

Fledgling Freddie
come beno bridge mate quite a few stealthers here and a few visual hibs, but having to wait for mevoq eul or galakiller to attack me isnt fun :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
What's the name on BM? Look out for my fresh limpy SB Kiwz! :)
Aashi \o/

I usually port from Laby to Decayed Lands, have a quick look at the lake, then run over to either Odin's or Hadrian's. I often run into soloers between the bridges to Agramon, so that's a good place to look for me. ;)

kivik

Part of the furniture
Aashi \o/

I usually port from Laby to Decayed Lands, have a quick look at the lake, then run over to either Odin's or Hadrian's. I often run into soloers between the bridges to Agramon, so that's a good place to look for me. ;)

Aye, been killed by VWs on bridge to labyrinth entrance loads of times. But I guess I will start out killing people on way to PoC or people in keeps until I get some RAs :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I expected a tad more than this to be quite honest. :p Solo wise it's totally deserted, the few people i attacked when playing my sb just instantly legged it and the rest wouldnt leave xx keep before they had atleast 5 m8s with them. :p
Groupwise was pretty much the same, no action whatsoever unless at any given keep/tower. :x

Mmm, there are good nights and bad nights. You right though that things are most times reliant on setting fires - but that doesnt mean you have to play like CM then camp what you flame.

I much prefer it to the mindless lump of zerging rubbish that was limors. Hell I prefer crafting on dyvet to running there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom