So when NF and keep take zergs come

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
Wot will the RVR guilds do and other players too who aint enthusiastic about keep takes since there wont be any running around on planes anymore. Is prydwen gona die ? or ppl gona keep doing only keep takes ?

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
They will be running gank groups around comonly used areas, and taking advantage of others in their realms that do take keeps that block keep port lines :)

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:
They will be running gank groups around comonly used areas, and taking advantage of others in their realms that do take keeps that block keep port lines :)

What he said.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:

Doubt it. Most will stay for a month or so, then realise its terrible for them and reroll on Camlann or just quit. And I'm happy to, cause I will be rolling Camlann and it will be great there with good guild groups from all servers running around, it's very dificult to have zergs there, and theres so many area's to 8v8 in.

Also I'm feeling a tad happy and spiteful for those who allways hated the 8v8 guilds, when they are gone you will miss them, despite what people believed, gankgroup guilds helped the realms alot! Especially on relic/keep raids where they fended off attackers porting into the zone or running to the relic keep.

For me, NF is the best thing that has happened to the Gankgroup guilds, as now they should have no reason not to really give Camlann a try, and if they do, I guarantee they will love it.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
will try it out. if it´s like 90% keep RvR I will take my leave.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
Most will stay for a month or so, then realise its terrible for them and reroll on Camlann or just quit.
I truely doubt many will do that..

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I truely doubt many will do that..

Well from my perspective it will be like this.

I played an Aug Healer for the most part of my time in this game, too alot of people this is a boring class, just healing most of the time with a celerity/stun/mezz/asd(xD back in the day) here and there. But to me it was alot of fun, maybe other classes would have been more fun, but I never played one. Anyway, I used to go on keep takes whenever asked, why? Because I wanted to help keep our relics, or help to stop our frontier being over run.

Sometimes I went with pbae gank groups to Keep takes and that was real fun, charging into the tower and taking out huge ammounts of enemies real fast.

However, then there were times when I was defeding/attacking a keep with a random group, or else a tank gank group. And you know what? It was boring as hell. Those absoloute idiots you sometimes get who go to the balc and jump to cast one shitty spell and end up getting everyone mezzed and nuked into the ground, the fact that you were constantly oop healing all sorts of enemy AoE spam. Ok so PowFont helps this but it was still terribly boring, and I only did it because others wanted me too, and the fact that it would usualy be a once off as there was far more other things to do, like start roaming once we had defended/taken the keep.

Now with pbaoe gone, insta porting to fights, and invunarable overpowered adds, its not gonna be fun ever. Trying to take on the zerg pre-NF was fun at times, sometimes just suicidal. But now its gonna be idiotic, cant pbae through the walls so your gonna have to go out and fight, with hundreds of power/heal fonts helping the zerg, and power drains sapping your power, and FZ'ing adding archers (who are gonna be everywhere) will mean healers will have to stay inside a keep.

The fun in playing a healer didnt come from pressing the spread-heal button, it came from the risk of being attacked and on that occasion having to get away and still keep healing. Standing inside a keep and merely looking at a mini-group window bores me to tears.

The whole roaming thing wont exist, as atm there are far too few other groups to contest against as a mid on pryd. The zerg will just insta-port to the flames.

Seriously, can anyone tell me what an aug healer has to look forward to in NF?

And no, healing your stupid ass that keeps getting doted by standing on the walls aint fun while I hide in the tower.

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Doubt it. Most will stay for a month or so, then realise its terrible for them and reroll on Camlann or just quit. And I'm happy to, cause I will be rolling Camlann and it will be great there with good guild groups from all servers running around, it's very dificult to have zergs there, and theres so many area's to 8v8 in.

Also I'm feeling a tad happy and spiteful for those who allways hated the 8v8 guilds, when they are gone you will miss them, despite what people believed, gankgroup guilds helped the realms alot! Especially on relic/keep raids where they fended off attackers porting into the zone or running to the relic keep.

For me, NF is the best thing that has happened to the Gankgroup guilds, as now they should have no reason not to really give Camlann a try, and if they do, I guarantee they will love it.

cant be more clueless really

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
personally NF should open up rvr a bit more although it will see my beloved animist pummled into the ground i will still enjoy it more than it is now where its very much pre opted specifically twinked alts.

I enjoy large combat and i enjoy keep takes and i think frontiers will make it so at least i can get some rps :)

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
In NF *everyone* will instantly be interested in keep warfare, no matter if they were that before or not, just look at how enthusiastic everyone already are about keeps, all 3 frontiers are practically crawling with people fighting over those glorious outposts.

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
In NF *everyone* will instantly be interested in keep warfare, no matter if they were that before or not, just look at how enthusiastic everyone already are about keeps, all 3 frontiers are practically crawling with people fighting over those glorious outposts.

your only interest will be popcorn:<

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Reroll on camlann? lol I tried that once, made a BD to check it out and I had 50lvl gits hunting me down and slaughtering me, with /stick if I still had the immunity timer :p

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
as far as i understand NF will be... Albs albs albs albs and more albs.. zerging the place to bits(some albs have shaped up now tho).. no skill no fun .. just being constantly outnumbered by lvl 40+ albions... seems like fun ? nope... Camlann here i come. :(

/Minau

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Top notch stuff there Pbuck, whats your opinion on things?

My opinion is you should consider a career as fortune teller

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Pbuck said:
My opinion is you should consider a career as fortune teller

I edited my signature just for you m8, since it might not show up ill just paste it in here.

"The above post is merely my opinion on things, and therefore is not fact, and I am open to being proved wrong."

Thanks for your pedanticical nature.

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
I edited my signature just for you m8, since it might not show up ill just paste it in here.

"The above post is merely my opinion on things, and therefore is not fact, and I am open to being proved wrong."

Thanks for your pedanticical nature.

The only fact is in that in usa servers there are still gang groups around especially after the latest fixes and although we cannot know if nf will affect europian servers in the same way until it actually arrives here ,it is too early to make predictions(backed up with 0 evidence too)like yours or should i say fortune-tells?:<
PS My english is not as good as yours to decipher the meaning of pedanticical but it does sound queer.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Pbuck said:
The only fact is in that in usa servers there are still gang groups around especially after the latest fixes and although we cannot know if nf will affect europian servers in the same way until it actually arrives here ,it is too early to make predictions(backed up with 0 evidence too)like yours or should i say fortune-tells?:<
PS My english is not as good as yours to decipher the meaning of pedanticical but it does sound queer.

You are right to a degree, that it is impossible for me to say what NF will be like here in Europe since its not here yet. But guess what, this thread is about when NF arrives here so in order to take part in the discussion I ASSUMED what it would be like in NF. There is no other way for me to offer my opinion on what EU servers will be like when NF arrives because I cant see into the future so I have to make up what I think it will be like.

I notice you havent decided to pick on anyone else who has an opinion of what NF is like, which makes think that you simply dont agree with what I said and took the route of trying to nit pick at irrelevant crap (like the basis of my opinion) instead of posting your opinion, why? because then you would be doing the same thing as me.

And Pedantic means (in my dictionary anyway) "Unnecserally concerned with irrelevant detail".

which kinda means "your care too much about the crap that doesnt matter"

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
*gets flashback from pre-TOA whine* OOH it buuuurns!

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
And I'm happy to, cause I will be rolling Camlann and it will be great there with good guild groups from all servers running around, it's very dificult to have zergs there, and theres so many area's to 8v8 in.
This bit made me laugh, Realm of Midgard /who Emain 50, /who Briefin 16, /ho odins 3, /who Wall 0.

Yeah always did have problems finding zones to run 8v8 away from the Zerg or CFH range :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
time will tell how it will work out on Prydwen, I think hibs will struggle alot but we'll see. If its all keepcentric, then its bye bye for me at least. If roaming RVR still will exist and be alil more fun than it currently is, i'll be around.

Big mistake from GOA to take us to 1,70 and not 1,71 though, 1.70 will most likely be PvEPatch thanks to all the bugs (hmm, kinda done with PVE though) but 1.71 looks pretty good imo, helps alot if one want to move server etc which is exactly what I wanted.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
NF will rock. Those that are willing to adjust their playstyle to suit the new arena for RvR will have a hoot. Those that just complain the 'good old days' are gone will have a bad time. If you're only idea of RvR is the Emain racetrack or MGs then... hmm, don't think I've got any good news for you.

RvR guilds will do well, just not as easy to prey on random enemies. Leatherclad freaks that zerg MGs will have a bad time as they'll finally have to work somewhat for their RP.

It won't be until 1.71 that you can really judge NF, but still, roll it on, lets go out and fight and have some fun with and against each other.

For me personally, I see lots of things which can be used to confound and confuse the enemy rather than simply running around hoping your side is the first to get mez off. Raar :D

Looking forward to seeing you all out there :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
time will tell how it will work out on Prydwen, I think hibs will struggle alot but we'll see. If its all keepcentric, then its bye bye for me at least. If roaming RVR still will exist and be alil more fun than it currently is, i'll be around.

Big mistake from GOA to take us to 1,70 and not 1,71 though, 1.70 will most likely be PvEPatch thanks to all the bugs (hmm, kinda done with PVE though) but 1.71 looks pretty good imo, helps alot if one want to move server etc which is exactly what I wanted.

agree, mainly i am looking relic changes, why we need 1st get familiar whit 1 system when in end there is changes incoming in few month?
this makes me wonder, hmm + fast come in mind reaver bomb

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:

Also I'm feeling a tad happy and spiteful for those who allways hated the 8v8 guilds, when they are gone you will miss them, despite what <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people</a> believed, gankgroup guilds helped the realms alot! Especially on relic/keep raids where they fended off attackers porting into the zone or running to the relic keep.

For me, NF is the best thing that has happened to the Gankgroup guilds, as now they should have no reason not to really give Camlann a try, and if they do, I guarantee they will <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=55">love</a> it.

camlann is something between a kindergarden for the very special and a zoo
90% rezz-killing morons there
very very few good players there and greifing everywhere
lots of 5 year old BD kiddies which brag around how uber they are
cant move 5 steps in TOA solo without getting chained
wiff guild group it might be fun for 1-2 months but then i would prefer any normal server over camlann

camlann might be ok when mythic learned a bit of big brother Osi and introduce a law system

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Personally looking forward to NF.

Hard to tell what effect it will have on the server but new areas to rvr in, keeps that are actually worth taking and albion with a defendable power relic keep sounds good :)

Changes keep the game fresh and interesting imo, ive kinda found it dull since Toa so the new things will certainly keep me interested a bit longer.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
Looking forward to Nf totally.

camalan is crap hated every min of it expecially when peeps are saying here peeps are rps crazy well there made a char got ganked 4 times on trot had no money con went could not make it to a xp place with out getting pooned even got killed while speccing.

No thanks to camalann would rather quit the game than lvl yet another char to 50 make enough money for best suits /scrolls /toa crap /ml's

Good luck to all peeps who do go /wave

Ormorof

FH is my second home
personally, i cant wait for NF, RvR in its current state is (for me at least :p ) incredibly dull, you either

a) Die instantly due to them having better ML's/artis/setup etc etc
b) Steamroll the enemy due to them having worse ML's/artis/setup etc etc

fights last about 4 seconds, its no fun, gifv 5fgvs5fg fights and some nice keep takes :)

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
personally, i cant wait for NF, RvR in its current state is (for me at least :p ) incredibly dull, you either

a) Die instantly due to them having better ML's/artis/setup etc etc
b) Steamroll the enemy due to them having worse ML's/artis/setup etc etc

fights last about 4 seconds, its no fun, gifv 5fgvs5fg fights and some nice keep takes :)

Last time I was in a 5fg v 5fg was propably about 1 1/2 years ago. A true 5fg v 5fg Fight.

Best fight ever ive had was when it was about 4fg's from each realm hit each other randomlly in Jamtland, huge 10-15minute fight started with rez'ing moving around each other. Not just storming at each other smashing each other to pieces, to see who has the highest RR/ML/Artis for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom