So much for MASSIVE :)

Ziva

Fluffy
We tried a raid on an Horde city as a "final" beta event today and i believe we had about 4 full raid groups.

Can i just say... laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag??

Gah... it was such a mess, i'm beginning to believe the game is not built for events that involve more then 1 raid group or that they need to do some upgrading to some servers for retail.

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
Heh went to xroads yesterday with 1 raid group and took about 30 seconds before i even saw my spell casting... so even 1 raid group messes stuff up...

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Yep it gets pretty laggy with more than about 25 or so people on the screen

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ziva said:
We tried a raid on an Horde city as a "final" beta event today and i believe we had about 4 full raid groups.

Gah... it was such a mess, i'm beginning to believe the game is not built for events that involve more then 1 raid group or that they need to do some upgrading to some servers for retail.

oh no its like so DAOC anyway.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
It ain't called "Beta Server" for nothing...

But I do agree that zergs in this game do have impact on beta server. At some point you either get kicked or the total server hangs.

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
Apart from the lag, the raid was great fun. A little chaotic...but it has me wanting for more!
:cheers:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ziva said:
You just did?

160 people + defenders and NPC's, what on earth did you expect?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I must say, of all the minor issues during the beta I think the game is pretty bug free, but I also have some concerns as to performance during heavily contested PvP encounters and hope that it does improve with the production servers. That is pretty much my only concern.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
I went on a raid with around 40 people. Sure it was laggy; then I turned down the graphics (normally play on full) and whilst not being smooth, it was easily playable. (p4 3.2, 6800nu, 2x512)

mank!

Part of the furniture
I found it pretty much perfectly playable, I hung around with the raid for a bit then went off and did some questing. The only noticable difference was that my abilities didn't cast as soon as I pressed them to, which isn't much of a problem.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I've found the "viewing distance" has the biggest impact on performance. Hardly notice any change with the other settings.

50% viewing distance is all that's needed really. Anything higher just shows silhouettes in the background, which eats alot of fps(though 100% view distance from thunderbluff does show you the surrounding cliffs and the road down in the valley).

Turn on the FPS counter(ctrl+R) and see what works for you. Ideally you should have 60fps+ during normal playing.
(TFT users will want to turn on V-sync to avoid tearing. I hardly get any tearing in daoc even at 100fps+ but it's noticeable in wow at anything above 60fps :| )

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
It was really laggy this afternoon when the Alliance came for some fun at Crossroads, so much so I couldn't really play. One thing that really didn't help the lag were the silly skeletons that littered most of the exits to Crossroads. Why Blizzard leave these in I don't know, they're just fluff. Would also like to see some way to turn off or turn down spell effects like in DAoC, spell effects self/group/off etc..

I really do hope the lag will be better on retail servers, but I am sceptical. Seems to me that they wouldn't beta test on different servers that those they will be launching with, but hey, let's hope I am wrong.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Chesnox said:
It was really laggy this afternoon when the Alliance came for some fun at Crossroads, so much so I couldn't really play. One thing that really didn't help the lag were the silly skeletons that littered most of the exits to Crossroads. Why Blizzard leave these in I don't know, they're just fluff. Would also like to see some way to turn off or turn down spell effects like in DAoC, spell effects self/group/off etc..

I really do hope the lag will be better on retail servers, but I am sceptical. Seems to me that they wouldn't beta test on different servers that those they will be launching with, but hey, let's hope I am wrong.

I was there and for sure the LAG was alot less then on US server last day at X-road only had 3-5 sec delay but with all on max, could have swaped settings but wasnt fun anways ( btw gimp pc with 512 rams atm)

But yes give effects self or group only !

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
The big zerglag comes from the server choking up.. not your comp :|

bult

Loyal Freddie
The lag in WoW is alot different to the lag im used too from daoc. In DAoC you had alot of computer lag, bad FPS and such when there was alot going on but NEVER had any problems with serverlag just because there was alot of players near me. In WoW i have almost no FPS drop when its zergy but there is some wierd serverlag that makes it impossible to do anything except chatting in /1. The ping dont go up but still something is wierd. Cant loot/talk to npcs and often you cant even logout/quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom