$60 for instant level 90

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
NoCare

It's one of those things people like to whinge about, don't like it, don't use it. Don't you get a free level 90 with the next expansion anyway? One would assume all those moaning about it will not be using their free level 90 character?

Lots of people moaning about the shop button too, don't fucking click it if you don't want to use it, you utter utter retards.

Personally I couldn't even give a shit if they started selling gold too, would enable me to make even more money on the AH.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's good. It gives more money to blizzard, which i'm fine with as long as; it doesn't affect me. I like leveling and with my 25+ looms it takes less then a quarter of that price to get to 90 :p

Could go even higher on the price, but i think 60 is that sweet spot. It's for people with less time and 24/7 wow players anyway.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
7,000,000+ subscribers

If even half of that bought this they'd make

$210,000,000+ instantly, massive money spinner for sure.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That figure of 7mil gets more unlikely by the month, most servers are on their arse for population these days. There must be a lot of Chinese playing on Asian servers.

Himse

FH is my second home
Unfortunately levelling isn't the best part of WoW, the end game is much better plus people have done it far too many times, so why not.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Seems like a smart thing to do for me. It doesn't hinder the experience for people who enjoy levelling, while breaking the back of the most excruciating part of the game for people who don't like it. TBH, I would have given WoW a shot to try out arena on a serious level if this option was available some years ago and I'm sure there are many others who feel the same.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That figure of 7mil gets more unlikely by the month, most servers are on their arse for population these days. There must be a lot of Chinese playing on Asian servers.

The population has gone up by 200,000 actually.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Don't you think it'll have an effect on people trying to level properly still? If the populations are as low on some servers as you're all saying, this is just going to make finding players for quests etc even harder now. See getting from level 1-20 in Camelot when the /level command was in effect and before they made levelling easier etc.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Don't you think it'll have an effect on people trying to level properly still? If the populations are as low on some servers as you're all saying, this is just going to make finding players for quests etc even harder now. See getting from level 1-20 in Camelot when the /level command was in effect and before they made levelling easier etc.

It will totally fuck lower level dungeon finders. It did in Everquest 2 as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But who uses them anyway? Grouping is extremely rare while exping, it is simply faster to do it alone and you don't have to interact with WoW's awful community. Group quests are usually easy to solo and there are hardly any group quests left anyway. Exping even without heirlooms is so stupidly fast now that there is just no point breaking a sweat to get low level gear because it will be replaced an hour or so later.

I am leveling a shadow priest at the moment, I only have 1 cloth heirloom. Got to 60 in a few days. I was level 64 by the time I left the first level 60-70 zone then only needed to do 2 more zones out of 6 or7? zones and I was 70. I did 3 zones between 70-80 too...not even half way through the 2nd zone at 80+ and only about 500k exp to go before I hit Pandaland - I heard they have made that stupidly quick now too.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
But who uses them anyway? Grouping is extremely rare while exping, it is simply faster to do it alone and you don't have to interact with WoW's awful community. Group quests are usually easy to solo and there are hardly any group quests left anyway. Exping even without heirlooms is so stupidly fast now that there is just no point breaking a sweat to get low level gear because it will be replaced an hour or so later.

I am leveling a shadow priest at the moment, I only have 1 cloth heirloom. Got to 60 in a few days. I was level 64 by the time I left the first level 60-70 zone then only needed to do 2 more zones out of 6 or7? zones and I was 70. I did 3 zones between 70-80 too...not even half way through the 2nd zone at 80+ and only about 500k exp to go before I hit Pandaland - I heard they have made that stupidly quick now too.

I always used dungeon finders when leveling, the xp is insane with heirlooms on in dungeons.

Everz

FH is my second home
Game isn't the same as it once was, could always rely on WoW to fall back on, but it's becoming wholly unappealing.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, the long wait until (I'd guess) a november/december release should really hurt numbers.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I agree with pretty much all of that. I too am on a totally dead server (Bloodhoof EU). The guild I am in is the only 25 man raiding guild on the server and one of only a hand full of raiding guilds left. We really struggle to get 25 players together sometimes and often raids are cancelled, recruitment has been really hard but thankfully we have some really dedicated guild leaders who have managed to keep things rolling. I joined shortly after TBC was released and it has never been as bad as this though.

If they aren't releasing the next expansion until the end of the year I am done, I don't see the point in subbing just to kill stuff I have already killed, over and over for the next (up to) 9 months! From discussions within the guild I think a lot of people feel the same and there is a fair amount of anger that Blizzard are "doing it again" and seemingly putting the players last. It's not like we need the game to keep in touch any more which was often the case in the past, people keeping a sub going to keep in touch.

I am going to leave it a couple of weeks and see what happens/is announced but if I don't here something positive its cancel subs time, mine renews at the end of the month anyway.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I just don't see a reason to give Blizzard even more money any more, but as I said come the expansion I may well sign up again but least the inflated amount of money for the new expansion will come from what I saved from not paying to log in and do nothing much.

Everz

FH is my second home
I agree with pretty much all of that. I too am on a totally dead server (Bloodhoof EU). The guild I am in is the only 25 man raiding guild on the server and one of only a hand full of raiding guilds left. We really struggle to get 25 players together sometimes and often raids are cancelled, recruitment has been really hard but thankfully we have some really dedicated guild leaders who have managed to keep things rolling. I joined shortly after TBC was released and it has never been as bad as this though.

If they aren't releasing the next expansion until the end of the year I am done, I don't see the point in subbing just to kill stuff I have already killed, over and over for the next (up to) 9 months! From discussions within the guild I think a lot of people feel the same and there is a fair amount of anger that Blizzard are "doing it again" and seemingly putting the players last. It's not like we need the game to keep in touch any more which was often the case in the past, people keeping a sub going to keep in touch.

I am going to leave it a couple of weeks and see what happens/is announced but if I don't here something positive its cancel subs time, mine renews at the end of the month anyway.

It's catering to the casual easy come-easy go market. Shame, WoW was nice to fall back to at times, but it's looking like the time is up on the old girl.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's catering to the casual easy come-easy go market. Shame, WoW was nice to fall back to at times, but it's looking like the time is up on the old girl.

They'll always go where the money is, its the casual market that makes them the big money, not the hardcore dedicated community that makes up probably less than 3% of the entire subscriber base. Can't really blame them for wanting to turn a profit :p

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
IMO, If they make the game *too* casual though, peoeple will complete it faster, get bored faster, and leave faster. Speaking from my own experiences, once I finished Siege of Orgrimmar in LFR I had no motivation to do it again on higher difficulty, and I just left.

Sure it's nice to be able to see all the content, but I'm feeling LFR has hurt WoW's numbers due to the above. There is such a thing as too accessible IMO.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
For me WoW is just a solid MMO. That's all. Something like DC universe might be better at things, Elder Scrolls might be more immersive and have better pvp, but wow is that solid toast like thing you can eat every morning to get your daily MMO fibre.

No idea when Wildstar comes out, because i like sci-fi over fantasy and it seems wildstar took a lot of things i like about wow into it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I cancelled my sub, fuck'um. I am not paying them £10 a month for 9 months if they aren't going to give me anything to do. Its not like WoW has any end game outside of raiding.

£90 in subs
£50 for the expansion.

Off you fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom