So is it today ?

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
and for the 400th time theyre not going to ywain yet :) theyre just mirroring the servers at first while they work on the transfer issues.

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Chipper - my understanding of the faq is atm, all the euro servers are going to be duplicated and remain as they are for the time being till everything is setup then the english servers are allowed to transfer to ywain at this time i would imagine the new german french servers will appear on the US client.

Spot on chipper. That's what I have been told.

Metalwolf

One of Freddy's beloved
what about camlann chars? nobody talk about it? where do they go? Camlan its a PvP UK server

Metalwolf

One of Freddy's beloved
i didnt read that camlann will cluster with modred, so i dont think so

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
daoc havnt changed much over the years, we still wait when stuff getting done

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
why cant they just say smth. I mean, if they dont know how long it will take or whatever, just say it. This waiting without having a clue is god damn annoying.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
why cant they just say smth. I mean, if they dont know how long it will take or whatever, just say it. This waiting without having a clue is god damn annoying.

Yeah if i knew it wont be up this night, i will go sleep now and get up early, but if its up the night i will play ofcourse:twak:

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
I had several toons on the Classic server which was English at the time "Glastonbury", therefore I hope I can take them to ywain. however ive not seen any details on this, anyone know?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
it will be done when its done, sitting at the herald page f5ing wont make it go any faster.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

so you rather they spam the herald with useless updates then getting it sorted?

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
it will be done when its done, sitting at the herald page f5ing wont make it go any faster.

if u were an alcoholic and were out of booze, would you not be standing at the liquor store hammering the doors until they open? Would it open any faster? No. Would you still do it? Yes.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
so you rather they spam the herald with useless updates then getting it sorted?

Yes cuz typing "We dont have a clue how long this will take, servers will probably not be up until tomorrow or possible even later. New update will come in a couple of hours." would take so much time now wouldnt it.

Becareful

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there,

I use to play aages ago on Excal and later Dyvet cluster...on my infiltrator Becareful, and only stopped due to lack of action.

Since quitting, i have got a new laptop, and so i have nothing on it in regards to the DAOC client etc.

I still have all my old login information and passwords though, so was wondering exactly how I could get DAOC back on my laptop, reactive my account, and then if i could transfer to the US servers where all the action apparently is?

Basically, I know nothing about anything, and was kinda needing a bit of help with it all, so i can get daoc on my laptop, get Becareful where the action is, and kill some mids/hibs like the good old days ;)

Thanks in advance for any help..

(I've started downloading this: http://darkageofcamelot.com/internat...c-patch-eu.zip perhaps?: which Fenderon posted earlier, but not sure if this is a waste of time?)

Becareful

Fledgling Freddie
I'm already on 21% with that patch though!
Should i cancel it, download the US client, then re-do the patch http://darkageofcamelot.com/internat...c-patch-eu.zip...?

I want to reactivate my EU account eventually, and then do i just transfer chars onto the US servers, or how does it work?

Do i want the US client by the way, and not the EU one, seeing as i want to reactive my EU account??
and do i patch only after US client is downloaded?

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
taht patcher will download the client, all you will need to do is update the file for the correct patcher ( if it is not the same ) after, when we are told what it is that is.

Becareful

Fledgling Freddie
taht patcher will download the client, all you will need to do is update the file for the correct patcher ( if it is not the same ) after

What file are u referring to, and how do i update it for the correct patcher?
And are you saying that i should keep going on with that patch: http://darkageofcamelot.com/internat...c-patch-eu.zip...and not bother downloading the US client?

Sorrry if i'm being a n00b, no idea what to do with this new laptop, and i misss daoc like it's a drug!!

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
taht patcher will download the client, all you will need to do is update the file for the correct patcher ( if it is not the same ) after, when we are told what it is that is.

ah didnt know it downloaded the whole client. Then no, you should not cancel it :)

Becareful

Fledgling Freddie
So once this patch is done, what's my next move?
Do i re-subscribe or something using my old passwords?
I have no idea what to do!
Do i just reactivate my account? How/Where exactly? Then how do i transfer?

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
All the GOA stuff has closed down - subscription pages etc. You need to go to the new site listed on the FAQ ..

•Will there be a new account center?
◦Indeed, you will have a new Account Center, which will be a mirror of the NA Account Center. The URL for your initial Account Center is https://eu-accounts.eamythic.com (site will go live on February 17th, 2010). As we move into merging accounts and characters into the NA system fully, you will then be using the NA Account Center. The URL is http://accounts.eamythic.com/.

FAQ here:-
http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/international/goa/

The English eu servers are being transferred to a standalone server. Once stable there will be a transfer option to move your accounts to the existing US Server called Ywain.
For now, you log in with your old eu name and password. This will have to be changed if/when you move to the Ywain server and there is another with the same login name.
Your chars can be transferred and will need a new name allocated if there is someone with a toon ofthe same name already there.

German and French Servers will remain separate

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
So once this patch is done, what's my next move?
Do i re-subscribe or something using my old passwords?
I have no idea what to do!
Do i just reactivate my account? How/Where exactly? Then how do i transfer?

you wont be able to resub yet. Itll take a few days before that is possible. Transfer wont be in yet, theyre just mirroring the servers at first.

A Message from Mythic

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Yes - like Alme said. You can't resub yet. I guess it will be after they have everything sorted and stable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom