So is it today ?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
48 hours from when the database got handed over, or 48 hours from shutting down the GOA servers? :eek7:

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
48 hours from when the database got handed over, or 48 hours from shutting down the GOA servers? :eek7:

exactly

edit: the latter being within 46hrs from now, and the former being uh, now?

Septina

Part of the furniture
I just posted an update on the Herald: Mythic Entertainment | Camelot Herald - Community News for Dark Age of Camelot!

Basically it sez - We're working on getting the new Mythic Hosted EU servers online now, but transitions is hard man. ;).

Seriously though, we're on track to be up well before the 48 hour window is up, and will keep you updated.

Nice. :)
Think alot of people are a tad impatient (myself included :D) mainly because they wanna play their old toons again. ^^
Rather have it done properly and working than putting it up too soon and having to take it down again cause something wasn't properly done. ;)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
more or less funny sidenote: GOA fails again.

Didn't they say they'd keep their servers running if the transition is delayed?
Not like it matters. ;)

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
glad i renewed 2 days before all this happened. Dumb luck tho as i wanted to check prices on certain things :p.

Anyway hope it goes really well. /wave Andy

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
We english players dont need a new server tho :(
Take dyvet down and let us transfer dammit :worthy::worthy:

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
need to patch eu client afaik. And no u cant play eu toons on ywain yet, transfers are not in yet. Theyre just mirroring eu servers.

edit: and you cant download eu client cuz goa shut camelot-europe down and mythic aint got it anywhere to download afaik

Fleury

Fledgling Freddie
hmm okey, are u sure that the patch u download with eu client aint making the eu cleint to an us client? :S

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
hmm okey, are u sure that the patch u download with eu client aint making the eu cleint to an us client? :S

yea cuz i cant log into my us accs from eu client, different login server

Fleury

Fledgling Freddie
bah! what do i do then... :( maybe works to install just normal daoc from my very old cds? no si toa or something just regular daoc?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
We're working to get the EU destination servers online as we speak. Please be sure to check the Camelot Herald for updates as to when the EU servers are brought online.

oh you have NO idea what you have given yourself in to... i suggest you start running REALLY fast :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
german patcher? Oh well, I take whatever I can get my hands on!

Nate

FH is my second home
Received an e-mail from mythic yesterday and today that my rent is due on my prydwen house lot since the account is closed ;o

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
it's definitly patching, but where on the Page did you find the link? Looked through the English and German FAQ, but I guess I'm just tired and blind :p

Rytz

Loyal Freddie
That link is for the Mythic EU DAoC Test Client that was available a few days ago

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
wonder if you get banned using HKN for spamming the herald :sex:

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
might aswell go make a "OMG THE END OF DAOC IS HERE CUZ I CANT MACRO" thread on vn right away really

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Patcher has patched :)

My euro patcher decided to patch to Mythic and not GOA just before 7pm GMT. There are no servers availabel for login at the moment however.

I thought the 48 hour downtime was from 15th to 17th but it seems that it started when the patcher patched. Might not be as much as 48 hours but I'm not holding my breath.

Someone asked about login details - I believe that if you decide to transfer to Ywain when it becomes available you will have to change your details if the name already exists - obvious really I guess, as you can't have two login names the same on the same server.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
will we use the US client to log in to eu game then? cos i want to know whether i should update my eu client or just use the US one

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
cheers alme i take it tho one we eventually get transfers to ywain we can just use the US client?

Nibble

Part of the furniture
this might be a stupid question but when there actually up can we jsut log in through the US client? as my dyvet chars are going on ywian? or not? patching eu anyway jsut wondering if to uninstall Eu...

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
If you have a char on EU and US called the same thing, how does that affect your EU toons, you have to rename?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
my understanding of the faq is atm, all the euro servers are going to be duplicated and remain as they are for the time being till everything is setup then the english servers are allowed to transfer to ywain at this time i would imagine the new german french servers will appear on the US client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom