Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Or ignoring the content because its uncomfortable.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What club
I see no club.
Just a pretty little flag

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LOL, check out the names;

'The prime minister held talks with Jersey's Chief Minister John Le Fondré and Minister of External Affairs Ian Gorst.'

Proper british blokes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wrong paperwork, off you fuck.

Fairly simple, isn't it?

It's not like we are deploying destroyers in the channel, it's fishing boats with sirens.

We are deploying a couple of tiny ships, France is threatening to cut the power to Jersey, fuck'um. Do the paper work or jog on, we all agreed on this tiny (apparently) issue.

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Playing right into BoJos hands by being outraged the frenchies. @Raven i dont think its as simple as "they have wrong paperwork", it sounds like Jersey are imposing stricter requirements than what was agreed in deal that took effect last week. If they have im a little astonished the deal doesn't include some sort of way to solve this

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not outraged at the French tho...

They signed the agreement. Anyone who has worked with EU countries will know that they are useless at following their own procedures and standards, it's not our problem. Having a good old-fashioned protest about it won't help, following agreed procedure will.

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I'm not outraged at the French tho...

They signed the agreement. Anyone who has worked with EU countries will know that they are useless at following their own procedures and standards, it's not our problem.

I meant the french are outraged, as you say its amusing as they rarely follow the procedures themselves. The threats are what play into BoJos hands, some sensationalist mayor in Normandy threatens blockades and he gets to do some dick swinging in return just when he needs a good story to hide all the sleazy shit

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh, I agree, Bojo is completely mismanaging it, standard Tory.

Gwadien

My point was being that we were promised that there would be no decline in relationship with other Europeans, but it appears that is not really true.

And pinning it on the French for behaving like the French is a cop out.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My point was being that we were promised that there would be no decline in relationship with other Europeans, but it appears that is not really true.

And pinning it on the French for behaving like the French is a cop out.

Sorry but there are rules and requirements in place that need to be met. The same with anything else between the UK and the EU. If the French aren't doing that then it's their problem.

I can't just ship a load of trailers into the UK without the correct paperwork, the French can't fish without the correct paperwork. It's that simple.

Edit, as for decline in relationship, again, not our problem, what would you have us do? Just allow anyone in and throw the agreement out the window?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I haven't looked into it that deeply but it seems that the argument is that Jersey have taken an EU-UK agreed-upon set of requirements and lobbed a couple of extra ones in to suit themselves. If that's the case then the indignation is justified, if it isn't then fair enough.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's also worth noting that plenty of French vessels (BBC are reporting 41) have been granted licences because they met the requirements of the agreement.

Gwadien

Sorry but there are rules and requirements in place that need to be met. The same with anything else between the UK and the EU. If the French aren't doing that then it's their problem.

I can't just ship a load of trailers into the UK without the correct paperwork, the French can't fish without the correct paperwork. It's that simple.

Edit, as for decline in relationship, again, not our problem, what would you have us do? Just allow anyone in and throw the agreement out the window?

Again, one of the many promises was that the European relationship wouldn't be damaged, which it is.

Lots of broken promises.

It's pretty obvious that fishing was going to be an area of dispute, so either the Government lied to us and didn't really care about their relationship with European countries or they are so incompetent that they had no idea that it would cause some bad air.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Again, one of the many promises was that the European relationship wouldn't be damaged, which it is.

Lots of broken promises.

It's pretty obvious that fishing was going to be an area of dispute, so either the Government lied to us and didn't really care about their relationship with European countries or they are so incompetent that they had no idea that it would cause some bad air.
You do realise that the UK Government has no say over how Jersey polices its own fishing waters?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I haven't looked into it that deeply but it seems that the argument is that Jersey have taken an EU-UK agreed-upon set of requirements and lobbed a couple of extra ones in to suit themselves. If that's the case then the indignation is justified, if it isn't then fair enough.

My understanding from what I read the other day is the extra limitations were for boats that needed to provide extra information to meet the requirements.

Gwadien

You do realise that the UK Government has no say over how Jersey polices its own fishing waters?

Directly, sure, but I'm fairly sure we should have large amounts of political influence over a small rock.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Gwadien - if the conditions are in the withdrawal agreement the French can fuck off.

If they're not - we're cunts. It's as simple as that.

Any idiot knows that when things change people kick off. If the French want to kick off over the agreement the EU signed up to then they need to go to the EU and have them renegotiate. Not let their fishermen act like the french so admirably do.

However, I find this convenient. It's almost like BoJo has asked them to stir up some shit to help tory election chances on the back of sleaze. Now he looks like a military winner and there's pictures of gun boats all over the press, not pictures of john lewis sofas and stories about backhanders.

Personally - I'd halt *all* fishing in British waters for the next decade, and see if we could understand what it would take for fish stocks / ocean ecosystems to recover to 1850's levels. We used to have killer whales running into Cornish Harbours chasing pilchard because they were so plentiful.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The French tend to protest rather a lot from fishermen, lorry drivers, farmers, etc. I mean how many times has Calais and ultimately the UK suffered a blockade over the decades.

I really wish people would stop thinking that the agreement covered absolutely everything and that it isn't open to interpretation, we have lawyers and courts simply because nothing is set in stone.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My silly suggestion would be that we all (most of the world) need to lay off fish completely for a good 5 years to allow "stocks" to recover. And that we should stop using the word "stocks" to describe wildlife we eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom