Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I can't I didn't vote because him, Gove or Farage was fronting the Leave campaign. Quite how Farage is still considered a politician after admitting the 350million lie was a mistake is beyond me. Until people like him are held accountable for the shit they spout to the masses, nothing will ever change.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That's fine but equally you have dragged half the population into something they do not want.
I'd be happy to sign up to something that equates to being within the EU which I hope is what happens.

I really can't see the UK making massive deviations away from the EU status quo anyway.
If we do any kind of business with the EU we will have to follow their rules.
They are our biggest customer but we are a long way away from being a major supplier.

So this whole Brexit shite has been a complete waste of time and money.

If I didn't have a family and responsibilities I would move to Ireland in a heartbeat.

We should have stayed in Europe and if it "got out of hand" then leave.

Leaving now was the worst decision this country has made and was driven by UKIP and the like.

If I knew the UK would leave the EU before I moved here I would have gone to Ireland.
:(

Still not sure where Ireland will end up at the end of this shitshow.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Still not sure where Ireland will end up at the end of this shitshow.

No that's true! But it at least i speak the same language!
I might be able to get by in Holland, language wise!

But then that's a bit close to @TdC grubby hands!

Last edited:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I can't I didn't vote because him, Gove or Farage was fronting the Leave campaign. Quite how Farage is still considered a politician after admitting the 350million lie was a mistake is beyond me. Until people like him are held accountable for the shit they spout to the masses, nothing will ever change.
He didn't say it in the first place ffs

Lethul

FH is my second home
Do brexiters really think you will get a Norway deal? Norway has open borders and pay lots to the EU, isnt that the two things brexiters want to get rid off?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That was the official campaign with boris. Nothing to do with farage

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
At the end of the da you can debate it all you like, we are the first domino. RIP EU.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
At the end of the da you can debate it all you like, we are the first domino. RIP EU.

Aye, it'll be France next, I guarantee it. Le Pen will use the British referendum as an excuse to get into power.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think the dutch are looking at us more than the french tbh

The Dutch have already put the idea forward, the PM rejected it flat out. Le Pen however will likely get elected because of it because quite a lot of french people were already demanding a referendum, it'll be either France or Italy that will go next.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't think any of them will go, Brexit was only because Cameron was trying put the Eurosceptic Tories in line.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
As I work in a shop and deal with hundreds of people every day, I've asked well over 200 of those who voted out, the reason why. There were some personal reasons and some genuine Eurosceptics but the vast majority of them gave one of two reasons.

1: Europe forcing us to take hundreds of thousands of immigrants. (One particularly brainless gobshite even suggested millions!)

2: Taking back control of our laws from Brussels. With several suggesting that most of our laws come from there.

Now granted the number of people I've asked is a truly tiny portion of the number of leave voters. However since they were an ecclectic mix of ages, backgrounds and clear education levels, I think I can safely use it a baseline.

I am ashamed of my country. Not because we voted out (It is what it is and whether or not it'll turn out for good or ill is something we will have to find out) but because of the reasons why. Bigotry and xenophobia have been given free reign in one of the most critical decisions of the last 20 years. Most of them wouldn't listen to the facts I produced to counter their arguments. As a matter of fact, prior to calling my dad an idiotic lemming and hanging up, we had a rather heated discussion because he wouldn't listen to the facts.

As for Scotland having another referendum, it might happen or it might not. If it does and they do vote to leave they're fucked. There's no way Westminster is going to allow them to continue using the Pound as their currency so they'll have to start from scratch.

At the end of the day it's all been a massive shit show and we won't know anything for at least the next two years.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The problem is, if us (the UK) want the same sort of trade deal as Norway, we're going to be asked to accept Freedom of movement laws, just like Norway has... voting out is going to make virtually no difference to immigration, the only difference is going to make is we have better control over it (we can get rid of cunts that commit crimes, they can't hide behind EU laws anymore when they rape or murder people for example) other than that, very little will change immigration wise.

My main concern is the NHS and other organizations the public rely heavily upon, it's alright for wealthy people, they can fall back on private healthcare no problem, if the NHS was sold off to private companies (US based companies for example) it would absolutely fuck the poor.

Now all that aside, it's going to take a long time for the UK to get into a position where they're stronger (has to start somewhere right?), I hated that we voted out, I still think it was a terrible decision, but as @Deebs said, what's done is done. It's about adapting to it now. I'll be sad to see Scotland and Ireland go (that's inevitable), to be honest I'd rather see the sheep shagging Welsh go than Scotland or Ireland (can't we just paint a giant sheep over France and watch the Welsh mass emigrate?)

We'll see over the next 2 years just how it all unfolds though, I'm really not holding my breath though.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
As for Scotland having another referendum, it might happen or it might not. If it does and they do vote to leave they're fucked. There's no way Westminster is going to allow them to continue using the Pound as their currency so they'll have to start from scratch.

You sound like someone from Brussels. No-one can stop Scotland using the pound.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They could, but we wouldn't back it up and it would be banana money on the grounds Scotland couldn't do it alone.

Anyway, the anger levels are high, on the wifes facebok, three people posted well done messages, the replies were just disgusting, long term friends hurling personal insults...one was even a death threat!..just amazing, a really divided country I think.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Some real nutters around at the moment, including someone under the BBC news stand on TV.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Jaysus, that meaningless petition has gained 80k signatures in the last hour. Up to 850k now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I haven't and I don't plan to. If there's another referendum then fair enough (there won't be) but the UK has now made its (stupid, stupid) bed and needs to hurry up and lay in it. Decision made, off you trot.

Lethul

FH is my second home
At least liverpool will dominate PL since we have an English spine ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
not sure how i feel about any of it anymore the entire thing has been overshadowed by just how much division there is in the country the referendum has done more harm than good regardless of the outcome. im really worried for what is coming for the UK as a whole. there is the whole issue of managing the exit an enormous undertaking but there are deeper issues in the country its self that will need to be dealt with. and tbh i dont think we have any politcians up to that task.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The price has been paid for continuing to ignore the less affluent areas by the so called elites and more affluent areas, which will often be in the remain camp and thus it allowed the Nigel Farage's of this world to make a case on something that isn't strictly true when it comes to migrants and migration and if nothing is done it'll allow others to continue to exploit these areas for political purposes.

As for the figures regarding age groups and the leave/remain split what seems to be basically implied is somehow older people shouldn't have a vote which isn't very democratic, but I wonder what the tax receipts are from these age groups and in essence who actually pays for the EU which again means like everything it all comes down to self interest.

Will it result in the end of the EU, well this is probably every bit as tough to predict as the UK referendum and ironically will really depend if those in the corridors of power in the EU really take on board what happened in the UK although early signs look like some divisions are appearing over closer integration or slowing it down but I'm not convinced the EU completely fracturing really benefits the UK.

It really isn't the end of the world although I've no doubt we would have some leavers going nutty if the result had gone the other way, also if people what to leave and move to another country that is their choice as it was done before the EU, it was done during the EU and it'll be done after the UK leaves the EU.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's fine but equally you have dragged half the population into something they do not want.

And if the remain won the same would have applied. Unfortunately you have just witnessed true democracy and you didn't like it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
And if the remain won the same would have applied. Unfortunately you have just witnessed true democracy and you didn't like it.

so lies were told by politicians on all sides, some people made informed decisions either way and a whole bunch of people voted out of vague fears?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
so lies were told by politicians on all sides, some people made informed decisions either way and a whole bunch of people voted out of vague fears?
Sure both side lied. A whole bunch of people made use of their democratic right to vote how they *wanted*

dysfunction

FH is my second home

It's not democracy that I don't like.

It the price we are going to have to pay leaving the EU that I don't like and believe it's not worth paying.

And judging by Boris sombre mood I don't think he really wanted out either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom