Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Fine line, let's see how Turkey plays, join the EU?
Bordering on civil war?
No problem.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
lmfao.

Bordering on Civil War? Join the EU? - I just think in the next election, he won't be voted, and they'll join the EU with a less nut-case of a president.

You're more or less implying that Americans support the work of the NSA.

Job

Half of Turkey wants to join the western world and half wants to return to conservative Islam...and with perfect timing a bomb goes off near his palace.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
lmfao.

Bordering on Civil War? Join the EU? - I just think in the next election, he won't be voted, and they'll join the EU with a less nut-case of a president.

You're more or less implying that Americans support the work of the NSA.

They do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Let's get 'em all in the EU, Gwadian will be so pleased :)
They wouldn't be able to do that in the EU.

So yep, let em in and protect the turks from their government - you know, the thing the EU is mainly about...

throdgrain

FH is my second home

So yep, let em in and protect the turks from their government - you know, the thing the EU is mainly about...

The thing the EU is mostly about ... Europe ...

You have a self destructive gene possibly?

Job

98% of Turks are Muslim..your religion is embedded in your I'd chip, Christians widely report discrimination, making life almost unbearable, but I'm sure it will all fix itself on the day.

DaGaffer

You know I'm as pro-EU as they come, but I genuinely don't know why the EU is even thinking about Turkey. Ironically if we were just the free trade area most Britons want, I'd be fine with it; but politically Turkey is a shitshow that's completely inimical to western liberal values. And what concerns me most is that the EU are even allowing it be on the agenda right now when it would almost guarantee a UK Brexit; it doesn't speak well for either their interest in the UK or their common sense. I also think if it was put the EU populace at large it would be a resounding "fuck off".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I doubt most of the electorate could even point at Turkey on a map...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It doesn't matter whether they can or not. No-one would want a country like that in the EU. It's the whole problem with the EU, ignoring facts in favour of high moral bullshit.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It already has some countries that have flawed democracies in it with future enlargement probably planning to add more....that is even before you get to Turkey.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
98% of Turks are Muslim..your religion is embedded in your I'd chip, Christians widely report discrimination, making life almost unbearable, but I'm sure it will all fix itself on the day.

They are, but not the extreme type of Islam down in the arab countries.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I'm still intrigued how the best solution to protect people from their government is more government.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm still intrigued how the best solution to protect people from their government is more government.
It's the job of the ECHR to protect Turks from their own government. That isn't a government.

Neither is it working.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Party lines, 2 years old, excludes those who replied don't know, etc.

I tend to think Americans are often caught between a rock and a hard place, distrusting their government on the one hard but often running to it in times of disaster thus they flip easily and tend to be prone to contradictions.

As stated before, America isn't the example for the EU to use to convince people about the benefits of a union.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As stated before, America isn't the example for the EU to use to convince people about the benefits of a union.
Disagree.

They freely travel all over, identify with each other, friendly banter between states, zero war over a continent bigger than the area we're dealing with, they have different laws and taxes in different states, *real* freedom of speech and, at least in california, a metric fuckton of hotties.

Bring on a United States of Europe and put to the sword the retarded, small-minded, nationalistic Bullshit that little englanders (and their indentically minded continental breathren) profess in the name of countries that don't really give a shit about them.

:)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
You know I'm as pro-EU as they come, but I genuinely don't know why the EU is even thinking about Turkey.

Business - a very well educated workforce with high unemployment. France and Germany don't want them in. Germany due to 3 million Turks in Germany suddenly getting access to benefits they cannot currently claim. French because the Merk says so.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Party lines, 2 years old, excludes those who replied don't know, etc.

I tend to think Americans are often caught between a rock and a hard place, distrusting their government on the one hard but often running to it in times of disaster thus they flip easily and tend to be prone to contradictions.

Government in the America's is a massive fraud. You elect people who will serve you the most pork. The districts have been gerrymandered to such an extent that there is little danger of losing your political position to another party. The danger comes from your own party's extremists, which forces more and more extreme political views in order to be heard. It's a vicious cycle, and the republicans are reaping the harvest of in the presidential primaries.

DaGaffer

Business - a very well educated workforce with high unemployment. France and Germany don't want them in. Germany due to 3 million Turks in Germany suddenly getting access to benefits they cannot currently claim. French because the Merk says so.

Business can push so far, French, German and UK politicians all know it would be political suicide to endorse Turkish accession. I really don't get it. At least not right now.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So sorry to hear about Brussels this morning but it has brought out the politicians to add more fuel to the UK leaving Europe. It does make me wonder if today's attack will have a swing on those who were in two minds about voting to leave.

This world is so fucked up.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I fail to see how being outside the EU would help
It is irrelevant to me as I knew what I was voting for before this attack but read some of the stuff the "Vote to leave campaigners" are writing. Surely polls will suggest more support for them in the coming days/weeks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Being in or out of Europe would make no difference whatsoever to whether nutcases attack.

DaGaffer

So sorry to hear about Brussels this morning but it has brought out the politicians to add more fuel to the UK leaving Europe. It does make me wonder if today's attack will have a swing on those who were in two minds about voting to leave.

This world is so fucked up.

The men who did this are almost certainly local. Just like 7/7. And the next attack on British soil will probably be locals as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The men who did this are almost certainly local. Just like 7/7. And the next attack on British soil will probably be locals as well.
My point is that it seems that people will be swayed by this, heck, I am reading that Trump's odds on becoming President just went from 5/1 to 4/1 due to his comments made today. Regardless of where the terrorists were born, lived or worked, public opinion will change.

Job

This is so playing into Trumps hands, straight away he comes out with shutting borders to muslims, monitoring them within the US and bringing back..or rather admitting to torture, he knows his supporters are behind him and that list grows with every bomb.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And that is exactly what the loons want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom