DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Probably because they realize that they were but are too stubborn to change.

I mean if history ever taught me anything it was that Brits in general were quite fast with causing MASSIVE fuss over something every time they felt they had been done wrong regardless of what it was.

But not really this time. It was as you said, mostly grumbles in private... UKIP growing as fast as they did were basically the only thing that raised any eyebrows before the results of the vote was presented (ignoring the "lol what the actual fuck" of Cameron's decision of going through with the vote in the first place)..

More and more old people (not just Brits) seems to get really fucking tired of making what they feel is personal sacrifices over compromises that does not directly affect them and have started acting like entitled 5 year olds..

That gave me an idea, revoke voting rights for everyone over 40 or 50. That way we leave the future of the planet to the people that actually have to take responsibility for what the older generations leave them. I mean why let 60 - 90 year olds have deciding votes over something that realistically only will affect the young?

How democratic is it really to let our kids have to clean up after our fuckups?

That might actually be the way to go. Let our kids decide the future instead of us that'll be dead soon any way..

I actually like this idea... A lot.

40 or 50? Lol.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I get where you're coming from, but why waste money on pensions, and social /medical care for the elderly? In fact why not just off the fucking lot, bloody scroungers, they contribute fuck all now anyway.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Could always turn them into food. Just don't tell anyone.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I get where you're coming from, but why waste money on pensions, and social /medical care for the elderly? In fact why not just off the fucking lot, bloody scroungers, they contribute fuck all now anyway.
Soilent green?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Probably because they realize that they were but are too stubborn to change.

I mean if history ever taught me anything it was that Brits in general were quite fast with causing MASSIVE fuss over something every time they felt they had been done wrong regardless of what it was.

But not really this time. It was as you said, mostly grumbles in private... UKIP growing as fast as they did were basically the only thing that raised any eyebrows before the results of the vote was presented (ignoring the "lol what the actual fuck" of Cameron's decision of going through with the vote in the first place)..

More and more old people (not just Brits) seems to get really fucking tired of making what they feel is personal sacrifices over compromises that does not directly affect them and have started acting like entitled 5 year olds..

That gave me an idea, revoke voting rights for everyone over 40 or 50. That way we leave the future of the planet to the people that actually have to take responsibility for what the older generations leave them. I mean why let 60 - 90 year olds have deciding votes over something that realistically only will affect the young?

How democratic is it really to let our kids have to clean up after our fuckups?

That might actually be the way to go. Let our kids decide the future instead of us that'll be dead soon any way..

I actually like this idea... A lot.

Fuck me. I don't even know where to start with this - you want to remove the vote from a section of population because they vote the wrong way?

Are you actually for real?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not the first time its been suggested in this thread, quite disturbing.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The energy would be better spent getting young people to actually bother voting, if turnout had been higher in US or brexit it may have been avoided

I like belgiums approach, its illegal not to turn up to vote

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The youth are idealists, the old have seen all the bullshit over and over again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The energy would be better spent getting young people to actually bother voting, if turnout had been higher in US or brexit it may have been avoided

I disagree, however, it should be illegal to bitch and moan about it if you can't be arsed to get out of bed to vote.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
Hahaha I know this is satire but there really should be a limit.... why spend thousands keeping people alive that have zero quality of life and if they could chose to, would die..... not just spend the money keeping them alive, let's make any decision to end their life with dignity illegal too......

Different argument for a different thread tho ;)

gohan

I am a FH squatter
The youth are idealists, the old have seen all the bullshit over and over again.
The old are just bitter cos they're about to die. It's the political equivalent of taking a shit in your bosses draw before you quit.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I disagree, however, it should be illegal to bitch and moan about it if you can't be arsed to get out of bed to vote.

Freedom of speech would suggest that they have every right to bitch and moan as much as they please, they have no right to be listened to or taken seriously however

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

But didn't UK brexit vote have the highest amount of youth voters in like, ever? Does anyone have any statistics there?

But even if every single youth with a right to vote went out and did that it probably still wouldn't matter because there's more old folks then youngsters. And if those two groups want different things the youths will lose, probably all the time.

And is it then so surprising that so many youths can't be arsed to vote?

Yes they are young and idealistic, but they are also far from as stupid as we think they are. And is that so bad really? Maybe what this world needs are more idealists calling the shots instead? If anything i'm sure they won't do a worse job then what's being done now.

Fuck me. I don't even know where to start with this - you want to remove the vote from a section of population because they vote the wrong way?

Are you actually for real?

I never said they voted wrong. I said OLD and pulled a random age out of my arse as an example..

That said i did get the idea after thinking about the age difference in the different voting sides. That's what gave me the idea, the result itself had nothing to do with it.

But my legs are getting tired from trudging all this water so i'm gonna swim back to solid ground now..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Brexit to meanbiggest squeeze on pay for maybe 100 years.

Loving the triple-shit-wham-witch. Pound worth fuckloads less, inflation set to rise and wage growth to dive.

Anyway, in actual real and happening news - a friend's company, an archaeological surveying company of very good repute and 50 years standing, will most likely be dead by April as all the work has dried up because companies aren't investing due to uncertainty. The "cliff" they fell off, according to his figures, was the very day after the brexit vote.

But that's nowt to do with brexit. Of course. Which will comfort his staff.

Job

These things happened all the time anyway, just like climate change, every blip is blamed on brexit.
Politicians, media and remoaners are desperate to name the scapegoat, there is plenty of goodnews..as usual..brexit or not.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Turns out a Tory MP of no particular standing accepts my point about the tyranny of the majority.

I hear the argument that the 48% of people who voted to stay should have no say in what happens.

I find that very difficult to accept. The tyranny of the majority has never applied in a democracy and it should not apply in this particular democracy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
But, one would imagine, would be perfectly satisfied if it had been 52/48 the other way.

"Waaaaaa democracy waaaaaa"

Ormorof

FH is my second home
not really, a vote that close in the other way would still mean UK would need to identify what it actually wants from the EU, now instead of being in a relatively strong negotiating position the UK government is in a poor one

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with the answer to a yes/no vote...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with the answer to a yes/no vote...
Yes/No question with an almost exactly split answer.

In any business you would never risk change on something so marginal. Only when it's clear and obvious would you give a green light.

People who say a 52/48 split is a 'clear answer' are lying to themselves. This is exactly why the term tyranny of the majority was coined in the first place.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nope, it isn't a clear answer.

Welcome to democracy, which is all we have.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Raven - you yourself have repeatedly said that governments ignoring the voices and wishes of a minority have lead directly to this brexit situation. Now you're suggesting that the wishes of 48% of the population should be flat-out ignored and they should stop being remoaners.

Hypocrite much?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Er, what? Stating a fact is not the same as stating an opinion...

I really need you show where I said 48% should be ignored, just to save yourself from an embarrassing situation of you rambling on for page after page without actually having anything to say.

I think you will find, I actually said that in a yes/no question, in a democracy the winner is the one with the most votes.

I will add to that, it is up to government to come up with the conditions of our exit through representation of their constituents.

Edit. I have also said, over and over, that whinging and whining about the result is absolutely pointless, it has already happened. We all should be making the most of what we have and trying to make the best of it.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is also worth pointing out that I have never said that governments have been ignoring the minority. I have clearly stated that it is the sneering lefty self proclaimed elite that have been shutting down discussion, which has meant that people are just not interested in what they have to say.

Which is exactly what has happened with Brexit and the US elections and will happen again in France and Germany when the far right gain even more ground at the coming elections. It has absolutely nothing to do with what is right and wrong and everything to do with driving discussion underground and into the fringes.

Job

Went to the turning on of the christmas lights in a cute little village called Crosten near us, mulled wine..brass band etc.
I looked around..it's a bit middle class...there wasn't a single non white person in a 700 plus crowd.
Well until the owner of the Italian pizzeria came out..he was kinda tanned.
I guess I live in an enclave..probably why seeing more than five muslims together, makes me think it's an invasion.

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
perhaps you could reflect on that realisation. while doing that, factor in that you mentally link a follower of Islam to having visible traits, like skin tone, and do some more reflecting. there's hope for you yet :)

Job

Bit like lesbians really..you can pretty well tell most of the time.

Job

I don't quite understand your response...as in not at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He means whenever he has tried to chat up a bird they have told him they are gay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom