Skyrim : TES V

Himse

FH is my second home
After hearing all the awesome reviews i'll definitely be getting this game along with a new PC!

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I've been playing it on a laptop so it will certainly work on an older PC :) As it happens it looks fab on my new spangly desktop as well.

Himse

FH is my second home
I've been playing it on a laptop so it will certainly work on an older PC :) As it happens it looks fab on my new spangly desktop as well.

Heh i'm well overdue a new pc though, mine is 6-7 years old still running xp 64bit! :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Heh i'm well overdue a new pc though, mine is 6-7 years old still running xp 64bit! :)
Wow. XP 64bit was a nightmare to find drivers for. Impressed.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
this game is great :)

anyone else been to king olafs tomb yet? great little dungeon run

im taking all locks as a personal challenge as well, 6 lockpicks lost on a master is my worst so far, and no reloads :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
To be fair, im not sure about the game at the moment. Just can not get into it.
Tried a bit with a bow, but mainly as caster using fire. Level 6 so far and duel cast fire plus got revive dead spell thing.

Just dont know why i cant get into it, just been messing around all over the place and ran through some dungeon place full of bandits. but im just odd

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
To be fair, im not sure about the game at the moment. Just can not get into it.
Tried a bit with a bow, but mainly as caster using fire. Level 6 so far and duel cast fire plus got revive dead spell thing.

Just dont know why i cant get into it, just been messing around all over the place and ran through some dungeon place full of bandits. but im just odd
Same feel I had with Oblivion at first. Put it away for a loooooong time, but when I picked it up again I had an awesome gaming experience

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Whole point of the game is exploring

Just checking out the various dungeons or outdoors areas shows some funny surprises and treasure

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
All won't get into it immersivelly, same is with a bud o mine. Just doesn't feel involved and that's to be expected, it takes a certain mindset to get immersed in being a viking norsey dragondude.

And that lack of immersion comes from a Finn none the less :p

It's not supposed to cater to all either.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
personally, i will follow the main story arc, loosely, so i know where the main towns are, who the major players are, what the politics is, etc
then on 2nd playthrough will just wander around doing stuff :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well been playing alot and got to the dibella missions, to find the new prophet, sends me off to a small hamlet and i get there, and 2 blood dragons and an elder dragon has wiped the village. So what to do...... :/

rynnor

Rockhound
Can you still resurrect them using the console commands - if you just use it for this purpose it wont ruin your game.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well been playing alot and got to the dibella missions, to find the new prophet, sends me off to a small hamlet and i get there, and 2 blood dragons and an elder dragon has wiped the village. So what to do...... :/
Is it the main story that has become broken?
Otherwise, just move on, its part of the game

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It will be a sub-main story arc. Like the thief arc. Though I thought key quest specific NPCs couldn't be killed? Check the houses, the NPC you need might be there.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
It will be a sub-main story arc. Like the thief arc. Though I thought key quest specific NPCs couldn't be killed? Check the houses, the NPC you need might be there.
Been checking all buildings and both mines, nothing. found on http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim how to complete it. Took a few days after when i noticed the "girl" fjorta had arrived alone to the temple in Markarth.

leggy

Probably Scottish
It shocks me to say this but I'm with Aada. I left PC gaming a while back when I realised I liked having money to spend on other shit and would much rather be sat on a comfy sofa with a beer.

On topic though - I'm gutted I can't play this yet as the missus has ordered me not to buy it. Apparently Christmas is coming up??? I'm 33... Christmas is for socks now ffs.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on this touching 70 hours and only gone as far as to see the grey beards on the main quest.

Value for money game? You bet your arse.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, not even visited them yet. touching 50 hours myself. What sort of levels are people at? Only level 40 myself but a bit worried I will hit a level cap before I get all the perks I want.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
wonder if the dl content will be any good when it comes out, wasnt too keen ont he oblivion expansions they were abit naff in terms of length.

taB

Part of the furniture
Level 22. Have just visited the Greybeards and done the following quest which was a bootiful looking cave system. It's handy to have done as it really helps the shouts.

Minor:
First waterfall I've been able to go through too! I do tend to try every one I find.

I think this game is fab. It's properly engrossing. I care about my character. Some people I meet I want to help, others I don't. I don't need to complete every quest because I only get the xp on completion. My first companion was Faendal who tagged along with me for a while. We put up with each other for convenience but he wasn't cut out for a life of adventure it seems. RIP. My second and still occasional aide was some chick I roughed up with my fists. I have to keep my eye on her though as I'm sure she wants a rematch but she's a feisty one in a fight. Thankfully the current help isn't fussy about fashion as I've decked her in full Dwarven armour. Poor girl, I wonder if she's growing a beard in there.

Tonight's objectives: Find dragons - kill dragons. Only 3 downed so far (2 normal, one Blood) and I want to slot some more.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am finding getting dragons to land and fight me can be a bit of a pain, being a sneaky type they often don't spot me...they just circle about for a bit and fly off.

Poag

m00?
Raven said:
I am finding getting dragons to land and fight me can be a bit of a pain, being a sneaky type they often don't spot me...they just circle about for a bit and fly off.

If you fire an arrow in their general direction this gets a response most of the time. But you lose the sneak attack bonus :-(

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Game of the year definatly, I hated oblivion and this is perfect.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Level 30. Haven't started on the greybeards step. Finished dark brotherhood. Not even halfways in thieves guild quests. Haven't touched mage or fighters guild yet.

In addition comes the other scripted quests and the procedurally created ones...
Not to mention other types of build / fighting styles...
And then come the modifications...

This game keeps fresh for a long long time

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

As someone said just fire an arrow in their general direction.

or you could just play the main story, you get a shout later on that literally stops dragons from flying period

Aada

Part of the furniture
Finished Thieves quest today was pretty cool actually and the armour set is so sweet looking.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Finished Thieves quest today was pretty cool actually and the armour set is so sweet looking.

It looks much better than the Darkbrotherhood set thats for sure, the DBH set looks fucking awful imo, way too bright for assassins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom