Skyrim : TES V

taB

Part of the furniture
I just received my Amazon confirmation that a swanky map is being included with my pre-order and I noticed with shock that there's no thread here for the game yet.

Morrowind was a standout gaming experience for me. It was an impulse buy from HMV when I was bored one day and I spent in excess of 300 hours playing with the first and only (main) character I created.

Oblivion was fun (I didn't mod it) but had the silly scaling thing and I never played the expansion which I understand to be very good.

I hope that Skyrim is rich in lore and has a story that will once again suck me into the realms of the Elder Scrolls. I may be 32 with an expanding waist-line but I want to face down a dragon (or 16).

I never bothered modding the previous games so the fact that I'm going to be xboxing it (sold my computer to one of Jup's spawn) shouldn't make too much of a difference. Also I was told last week that I have to take 3 days holiday before the end of November; I'm gutted that my lady friend is unable to take the same days off ;) .

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I can't wait. Getting it on steam naturally. Early birthday present :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Got that same email this morning. Can't wait, but I am moving house at the moment, so getting time to play it will be a challenge. Buying it on the PC for the first time since Daggerfall as I have a powerful PC now and want to take advantage of the mods.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yeah preordered it, amazon have it for under £25 aswell

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got the week off after this comes out so gonna batter this game.

Nate

FH is my second home
Got my copy today! yay.

Can't install it until release day! boo.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
excited , mine is posted yesterday hope its back tomorrow

taB

Part of the furniture
Still not shipped at Amazon for me. Annoying.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
its officially out in australia now, some review scores are in already for it:

Gamespot 9.0
IGN 9.5
Giantbomb 5/5
1up A-
Joystiq 5/5
Edge 9/10
Eurogamer 10/10
Gameblog 5/5
Rockpapershotgun: "New Best Elder Scrolls Ever."
GameTrailers 9.3 Careful of possible spoilers.
Jeusvideo 18/20
Anaitgames 10/10
pcgamers 94
Destructoid 10/10 (From Jim Sterling too?! Whoa)
Everyeye 9/10
Vandal 9.8
Wired 10/10
Computerandvideogames 9.5
G4 5/5
Thesixthaxis 9/10
Atomicgamer 10/10
Gamereactor 10/10
Oxm 10/10
Gameinformer 9.50
Rpgamer 4.5/5
Metro 9/10
Videogameszone - 90 out of 100
Gamer 9.5
Strategyinformer 9.5

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Amazon just sent that magical email letting me know its dispatched.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Made the mistake of telling the wife to get it for my birthday. Now the sow wont let me have it until the 20th.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Signed on the dotted line for a job today, start next friday... i think i know what im doing until then.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got my copy today from shopto, deserves every great review it gets, its stunning just stunning. One bit that did make me go wow was after exiting my first dungeon I came out to the mother of all blizzards running through it a Snow Fox plodded by me probably as cold as I was it looked at me as we both passed each other, pretty small but special moment.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah, well I've had a really cool time on the 5 hours or so I've played as soon as I could I went off exploring for a while, now im doing side quests.
The world is awesome though just things like watching the mist flow down the mountains, animals going about their own lives.
Gonna be a cool weekend.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i guess thats console cause it has to be activated on steam on pc .. the console textures supposed to be pants compared to the pc :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It will be. I wouldn't touch anything on a console theses days. same game with low grade graphics is madness.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well I don't wana spend money on a graphics card to play possibly only 1 decent game on the PC that comes out each year it just isn't worth it anymore.

Graphics look great on a 6 year old console which is at its limits now.

Oh and you chumps have to wait to activate it on steam? Fuck that shit.

Now that's over with can we all just get along or is this going to be a topic about the guys that wanna spend £300 a year on a new graphics card vs the guys that just wanna kick back on their couch and enjoy a game?

Also isn't the pc version just a port? If so the graphical difference will not be major, personally they should have called up Carmack and asked for his iD tech 5 stuff.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Going to wait a year or so for this, let the modders get their hands on it and ofcourse, possible GOTY version.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
She gave in and let me have it! Bought last night, downloaded over night.

She has an assignment to finish this weekend so wants some peace and quiet! Happy to oblige :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom