skill, tactics and co-ordination :-(

O

old.Wildfire

xan... you have much to learn...

1) Alb groups are pretty-much resigned to the inevitability that if anyone is mezzed, it's going to be us. The only thing you can do is to go for the most vulnerable and/or cruicial member of the opposing group that you can lay your cursor on in the first half-second of the fight

2) If the other group is mezzed why should it matter how you're standing ???

3) All this /assist bollocks is very nice but have you ever tried using it in combat? Have you ever even once used it in group combat yourself? £50 says you havent. Be honest.

4) Anyone who plays more than 5 minutes a week will tell you that mezzes last long enough for you to attack one or two people before they wear off. You get one chance to pick a target, so you go for it straight away. Fuck mezz, in ANY fight you have to go straight in and give 100% as soon as the fight starts - co-ordinating casters that kill each other in 2-3 hits is not only a waste of effort, but inefficient as well.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
mixed FC/HB group roaming breifine today as usual...

Encountered Vengeance 1fg leaving crim. All rooted, then mezzed, then group purge and isnta AE mezz, FC/HB group dies.

Encountered Llaw Arian 1fg+ (counted 10-12ish) leaving crim. All mezzed, then group purge and insta AE mezz, FC/HB group dies.

:clap: well done.

tip - don't mezz till they purge the root :) (they'll mezz you - but you've all got purge yeah?)

They'll not expect you to have a mezzer anyway ;)

Then again group purge the root, individual purge the mezz... bah :p

F

Flimgoblin

3) All this /assist bollocks is very nice but have you ever tried using it in combat? Have you ever even once used it in group combat yourself? £50 says you havent. Be honest.

It works to a lesser or greater extent - it doesn't tell you who you're attacking but if all your casters assist one caster... all hit 'assist macro' then 'face' then 'nuke'...

that's gotta hurt.

It works in PvE.. not tried it in RvR :)

O

old.Wildfire

So tyka o lord high councellor of all that is rvr and keeper of endless rvr knowledge and wisdom...

You say "who would attack a mezzed bard" (or words to the same effect). Well lets put our singular brain cell into action here and think for a minute. Which RAs do bards have? Purge. What will happen if a bard purges? Instamezz. Therefore is a bard that's mezzed any less of a threat than one that isnt? No.

You sir, have no idea.

edit: also you forget that I know exactly how hard it is to get a bard on excal/hib and I tell you now it is nothing like as hard as it is to get a cleric.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Duryn
end of the day both midgard and hibernia get ranged insta CC and we don't.
Thats what it boils down to.
Cut the crap we were owning Albs left right and center way before insta mez.

E

Eleasias

LOL

You're just adding fuel to the fire, proving (as if there was any doubt) that hibernia is stupidly overpowered compared to Albion. What you're saying is that ifwe can mezz you, as soon as we attack you, you mezz us back and we've lost because we have no GP. Thanks tyka, saved me the trouble of pointing that one out.

Umm say goes the other way around? Wannabechanter2k nukes sorc, and sorc qc mezzes back? Why didnt any of your tanks or the cleric stun? Oh wait that would need "tactics" ^^

E

Eleasias

2) If the other group is mezzed why should it matter how you're standing ???

4) ... co-ordinating casters that kill each other in 2-3 hits is not only a waste of effort, but inefficient as well.
2) Because you KNOW you can still be mezzed?

3) You dont actually have to use the /assist macro, any idiot knows that you wait until the "main" person (in our group its most of the time Wuren) picks a target and jumps the same one.. obviously Albs dont have the skill & tactics for it ^^

4) Umm you're saying that 3 nukers nuking the same person is inefficient? lmao

O

old.Wildfire

why kill 1 caster in 3 seconds when you can kill 3 casters in 6...

T

Tyka

Of course, this is as easy as the /stick command, when you done it 100 times its easy, not for you though.

F

Fame

i dont see your point with having GP, yes its very nice etc, but everyone should have their own purge anyway and maybe even use it once in a while. the only difference is the timer then.

A

Aussie-

Tyka so you log out when 1 of those 3 logs?
and your RvR depends on those 3 guys?

tbh that's quite sad ^^
you must be bored as hell waiting for them to log in

O

old.Elfslayer

Originally posted by Eleasias

obviously Albs dont have the skill & tactics for it ^^
--------------------

Stupid statements like this just make me laugh. The genralisation is great, even Wuren has stated on these boards of the short fallings of the Alb classes and we are not talking about "skill & tactics" as for the vn boards go read them again then maybe you will also see that the people complaining are not just the Albs because what fun is it to fight someone you know that you will, almost definately come out on top of? or maybe you like easy targets ?

O

old.BJ|Bored

lol @ this thread

:clap: ppl who think realms are balanced, takes serious drug abuse to be that far gone.

O

old.Nol

/macro INC incoming%t!

1. Put that in your QB, it announces your target.

O

old.Outlaw

^^^^ BOLLOX

Firstly I'd like to thank LA, Vengeance and to a degree Black Dragons for making emain soooo much fun :clap:

FG Albs can beat FG hibs easy!

To Wuren : Ve have some str/con debuff charges for j00.
To Eleasias: Come back to Excal ve miss j00.
To the Albs that usually group with meh: Please all get Purge, we do have GP , it just costs 80 RA points :rolleyes:
To ElfSlayer: Don't retire, J00 ROX!
To WildFire: I know that shit has happenns to us and I hate it, but heck u can't win em all :m00:
To Tyka : lol @ invaders
To all Scouts: get some tips from Auss0r
To all minstrels: use that AE-mezz then hang back de-mezzing and stunnign tanks on casters, likewise to Theurgists with PBT.
To Wizards: stop pfaffing about with your stupid "situation" specs and just go Fire ffs!
To Armsmen: Ask Gunner how to properly charge and take out casters
To Paladins: ask Gregorian/Farek/Lukas/Regtur how to protect a caster!

btw all Alb races are not nerfed, ffs, my Ice Pets rox (ask Fame), my AE root range is gr8, I have 10 ae mezz aswell rofl, 10 sec PBT-w0w, semi-decent DD, I even have speed :DD, oh how could I forget insta-friction, trust me I am not Nerfed :cool:

The only difference b/w Alb and hibs is that Hibs can take their time with their ae-mezzes in coordinating and picking off chosen targets, ALbs have to de-mobalise then take out all bards/elves/luri's in 10 second flat to win! hence my group uses Roger Wilco now to talk instead of that tupid typing :clap:

E

Ensceptifica

why kill 1 caster in 3 seconds when you can kill 3 casters in 6...
Well you made it obvious you couldn't kill 3 in 6 seconds, so maybe it's worth a try ( ;

O

old.Nol

I hope the bollox thing was not aimed at my macro.

F

fenikske

Originally posted by Eleasias
Umm say goes the other way around? Wannabechanter2k nukes sorc, and sorc qc mezzes back? Why didnt any of your tanks or the cleric stun? Oh wait that would need "tactics" ^^
hmmz cleric stunn : ) we had a mincer and 2 sorcs and i should have to stun when iam the only cleric around? makes me laugh doh :)
and our stun itself hmmz :
standard single stun :at level 46 its 9 secs that is when other party has no resists
ae mezz shout :hmmz we should go for 44 smite to have 30 secs ae mezz shout for an area range 200. scince they screwed up the smite spec of our class we have to waste 44 levels in smite just to have a "decent" shout and some shitty attack smites. Capping the points we can spend in rejuf or buffs to 31 what let us suck even more .... nice idea doh why not just erase the cleric class in total lots easier. So make a level 50 cleric yourself mate and try it out for yourself before you put out that sort of b*llsh*t :p

I present was in both battles and as wild says the thing that gave you the advantages were your inst mezz / stun / whatevers ........ didn't make my blood boil like the rest doh .. (for loosing them) :)

A

Archeon

"1. Who sees who first - if you get the jump on sombody unless their really, really good you'l usually win"

Now I know vengeance and llaw are both good RvR guilds, FC have had some great scraps with both before now. However, you're claiming the use of group purge and insta mezz makes them "really, really good"? We saw them first. We got the jump on them. We got mezzed and died. Go figure.

That was a broad genralisation, not a set in stone fact. i wasn't taking skills like Group purge into account.

But on that, yeah i agree the group purge is a HUGLY powerful spell, thank god only bards (i think) can use it and only every 30mins. Btw - i think mythic should reflect the fact that its a group purge and thus superiour to self purge by either

Making it more expensive (am i wrong in assuming it currently costs 10/14 points?) which wouldn't really do much to change anything besides piss bards off.

Increase the timer, nah i don't think thats a good idea either. half an hour should be the absolute max waiting time for an insta

Decrease the self purge timer to 15mins (the same timer as insta heals) this would balence things a little, but i can't help wonder it will make pure tanks a little too strong.

Hmm.... anyhow, it seems you took my comment as a kind of thing against your... urmm... well post-thingie

<Crys go up at the avoidence of the word whine>

Trust me, i didn't intend it to come out that way. if anything it was supposed to put things in perpsective for you, you got beat amazingly enough it happens to everyone.

M

Molten Lava

Hahahahaah

Its so cool that in 99% of the cases Hibs/Mids use one of the following arguements:

1. All (or most) players in alb are losers/bad players. Hib/Mid has significantly better or more skilled players

2. All (or most) players in alb are bad tactical players or attack the wrong target during a fight etc

3. All (or most) albs pick the wrong stats, class to play and choose the wrong spec (solo specced not group RvR)

4. Albs are more RP hungry than mids/hibs

I can only laugh at these arguments...if it would have been true can anyone please explain to me then why this strange slip of nature (putting all the stupid, lvl 12 y/o idiots in Albion) exists?

Please start to admit that there might be some small problems with the classes (or the combination of classes available) in Albion atm.....and stop the insane arguements that you are just more skilled players....

B

bracken_woodman

Re: Hahahahaah

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Its so cool that in 99% of the cases Hibs/Mids use one of the following arguements:

1. All (or most) players in alb are losers/bad players. Hib/Mid has significantly better or more skilled players

2. All (or most) players in alb are bad tactical players or attack the wrong target during a fight etc

3. All (or most) albs pick the wrong stats, class to play and choose the wrong spec (solo specced not group RvR)

4. Albs are more RP hungry than mids/hibs

I can only laugh at these arguments...if it would have been true can anyone please explain to me then why this strange slip of nature (putting all the stupid, lvl 12 y/o idiots in Albion) exists?

Please start to admit that there might be some small problems with the classes (or the combination of classes available) in Albion atm.....and stop the insane arguements that you are just more skilled players....

No wait, really, it is because we all suck and hibs are the bestest players around. Tyka said.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Archeon

But on that, yeah i agree the group purge is a HUGLY powerful spell, thank god only bards (i think) can use it and only every 30mins.

Only druids. And I also think that the other realms should have an equivalent. I don't know if Mythic did give them something in the same line that's just turned out to be crap or that they didn't give the other realm anything at all.

From what I've seen though, what usually happens -the few times I actually grouped a druid with group purge- is that all tanks use self purge at the same time as the druid uses group purge.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Archeon
Decrease the self purge timer to 15mins (the same timer as insta heals) this would balence things a little, but i can't help wonder it will make pure tanks a little too strong.
Why do people think that purge is such a powerful ability for pure tanks (Mercs / Arms)?

Purge is HIGHLY over-rated for what it does, and purging in combat usually leads to you either being re-CC'd with a different CC type or singled out as the first target to get nuked to death.

At it's current cost of 10 RA spec points, I wouldn't even consider getting it. The reduced cost of 4 points makes it something I might get just for the odd occasion it might come in handy (ie to purge slam stuns).

There are so many RA's a tank should have before even considering purge, that no tank should be seriously considering it before RR5 at the very earliest. If I do ever get it, it certainly won't be before I'm RR7!

No tank should have purge if they haven't got Determination 3. Determination is infinitely more useful than purge, as it's a passive skill and works on all forms of castable CC and isn't affected by any timer. With determination 3 and capped item resists (not including buffs), the dreaded Hib 9 second stun is reduced to less than 4 seconds (about 3.6 in fact). That means that a PBAE caster can get ONE cast off before you break from his stun and beat the snot out of him. Add buffs and you barely even notice that you've been stunned at all.

It should go without saying that a pure tank needs to get IP before getting Purge.

One thing that I do feel strongly about is the tendency for people to save all their early RA spec points for expensive Active Instas as their first RA's. This is because it is percieved that having such abilities instantly makes you 'uber'. It doesn't. It's all the little passive abilities that improve your abilities in general that improve your character, not some once per half-hour 'Insta-win' button.

Useful RA's for lower RR's are things like Mastery of Pain, Mastery of Blocking (for shield users) and Mastery of Parry. You'll gain far more benefit from having these through your early RvR experiences than by having purge (or even to some degree IP).

Currently, My RA's are all planned out up to RR7 and do not include purge. That means the earliest I could possibly get purge (once the cost of it is reduced) is R7 L4. So what? By RR7 I'll have Avoidance of Magic 2 and Determination 4 - reducing the terrible Hib stun to an almost laughable 2.45 seconds. With resist buffs an enemy caster will be hard pressed to even get a single spell off before I'm hacking chunks out of him with my Jambiyas!

Purge is, in my opinion, primarily a caster RA. For a tank, purging in combat is, in my experience, often a one way ticket to the bindstone. A tank who purges has to run to get into combat and will be spotted and targetted as soon as he moves. A caster purging will usually be able to start casting on the spot, and has a far better chance of not being spotted until he's got at least one spell off. If that spell is a mezz, then the tables have turned!
Minstrels should also have purge so that they can demezz the rest of their group!

N

Novamir

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
^^^^ BOLLOX

Firstly I'd like to thank LA, Vengeance and to a degree Black Dragons for making emain soooo much fun :clap:

FG Albs can beat FG hibs easy!

To Wuren : Ve have some str/con debuff charges for j00.
To Eleasias: Come back to Excal ve miss j00.
To the Albs that usually group with meh: Please all get Purge, we do have GP , it just costs 80 RA points :rolleyes:
To ElfSlayer: Don't retire, J00 ROX!
To WildFire: I know that shit has happenns to us and I hate it, but heck u can't win em all :m00:
To Tyka : lol @ invaders
To all Scouts: get some tips from Auss0r
To all minstrels: use that AE-mezz then hang back de-mezzing and stunnign tanks on casters, likewise to Theurgists with PBT.
To Wizards: stop pfaffing about with your stupid "situation" specs and just go Fire ffs!
To Armsmen: Ask Gunner how to properly charge and take out casters
To Paladins: ask Gregorian/Farek/Lukas/Regtur how to protect a caster!

btw all Alb races are not nerfed, ffs, my Ice Pets rox (ask Fame), my AE root range is gr8, I have 10 ae mezz aswell rofl, 10 sec PBT-w0w, semi-decent DD, I even have speed :DD, oh how could I forget insta-friction, trust me I am not Nerfed :cool:

The only difference b/w Alb and hibs is that Hibs can take their time with their ae-mezzes in coordinating and picking off chosen targets, ALbs have to de-mobalise then take out all bards/elves/luri's in 10 second flat to win! hence my group uses Roger Wilco now to talk instead of that tupid typing :clap:

hooray for outlaw :D some hope that not all albs whine whine whine

N

Novamir

btw

- its not our fault you don't get purge
- it's not our fault you choose to rvr without essentials (speed 5, PBT, spec buffer, mezzer)
- it's not our fault your theurgists won't spec earth
- it's not our fault you have less people who want to play support classes
- it's not our fault you can't co-ordinate stuns to break mez

please stop crying nerf and take a look instead at the way you RvR.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by alithiel50

Purge is, in my opinion, primarily a caster RA.

Not necessarily. If I'm on bodyguard duty (which I usually am) I'll use my purge for defensive purposes. As I'm stuck to the caster (usually our guild sorc) that Im looking after, I'll save the purge and use it when a) the sorc purges and moves and / or b) an enemy moves in to attack her. But I agree, the next patch will give it a much more realistic cost for tanks of 4.

O

old.Xanthian

Wiffle:

I do use /assist, especially when there is a Void Eld or Mana Chanter in my group, *cough* Heat/Energy Debuff = Capped DMG ?

I may not have as many RP as you and may not be as experience player, but thats not the case, the point is, use some common sense and its easy.

Even you said in your post "if" you had bolted him rather than DD he would of been dead.. well isnt that a mistake on your behalf rather than Hibs been over-powered ?

Users who are viewing this thread