skill, tactics and co-ordination :-(

O

old.Wildfire

mixed FC/HB group roaming breifine today as usual...

Encountered Vengeance 1fg leaving crim. All rooted, then mezzed, then group purge and isnta AE mezz, FC/HB group dies.

Encountered Llaw Arian 1fg+ (counted 10-12ish) leaving crim. All mezzed, then group purge and insta AE mezz, FC/HB group dies.

:clap: well done.

N

Noche

WF got owned :p

Sorry couldn´t resist :)

Just in case /kiss Wildfire :>

O

old.Wildfire

If I'd been owned by people that had out-played me, I wouldn't be bothered. It is however one of those frustrating occasions where I have been severely owned by abilities that in all honesty require no skill, tactics or co-ordination whatsoever. The other day 1fg of FC got ganked by 1fg of Skiltvaktens with a trigger-happy AE insta healer........that was fun too.

A

Archeon

You ever get the feeling that this is why Albions are rarely seen outside of a zerg? ;)

Nah, fair do's i was in Pennis (i think) a few nights ago and we got 'owned' by 7 Albis (we were 6. 2 healers, 1 shammy, one skald, 1 SM/RM, and a warrior)

Hats off to the armsman (i don't bother looking for names, its not really worth it) who targetted me right from the start. As great as epic armour is i hate the way it screams

"I'M A HEALER, ATTACK ME SO I CAN'T CAST AE MEZ OR DIE!!"

i had a nice little run arround your friar trying to shake you, just a damn shame sombody broke my insta mez trying to save me or i could have gotten away :)

Oh well, in future go for the guy with the drum before you try to mez/root/stun

<laughter>

What? i just said stun

<More laughter>

never mind that ;)

O

old.Xanthian

Albs dont have any skillz outside a zerg thats why they lose ;)

T

Tyka

Originally posted by old.Wildfire

Encountered Vengeance 1fg leaving crim. All rooted, then mezzed, then group purge and isnta AE mezz, FC/HB group dies.

Hate to burst your bubble WF, here is what really happened:

1. Someone in group yells "briton S",
2. we start running (yawn), after a while we are just behind you, 1 of ur minstrels break apart from group.
3. Minstrel howls in victory (wtf lol).
4. _I_ qc aoe mez, _YOU_ purged or whatever.
5. me and memeerf stand inbetween 4 of your mages, pbaoe, 2 drop, dd 1 to death, last one start nuking memeerf, i 2 shot him.
6. you got 3 tanks left, good night.

Here is a tip for you in the future, use camera view angle.

T

Tyka

remember my mez is 31 sec, so really with high resists and all that crap YOU CAN GET IF YOU GET A BALANCED GROUP, it would last about 10 secs max.

C

censi

If I'd been owned by people that had out-played me, I wouldn't be bothered. It is however one of those frustrating occasions where I have been severely owned by abilities that in all honesty require no skill, tactics or co-ordination whatsoever. The other day 1fg of FC got ganked by 1fg of Skiltvaktens with a trigger-happy AE insta healer........that was fun too.

Same happens when we mezz a grp of albs and a mincer SoS's....

End of the day, just cuz a hib grp uses grp purge, doesnt mean you will loose....

The whole point to these RA's was to loose the "thee who mezzes first wins" situation....

I think at the end of the day though, its now a fact that albion grps are weak... the realm does have the ability to make grps that are just as powerful as hibernia and midguard... however u have a lack of the real correctly specced CC classes... Especially sorcs....

The debait will always go on and on.. but the end of the day the tools are there for you to be used... your just not using them right...

PS how many HP did u have left the other day when I shot you??? was so so close, and I was just about to shoot but I got interupted by the mini zerg.

D

Duryn

end of the day both midgard and hibernia get ranged insta CC and we don't.
Thats what it boils down to.

O

old.Xanthian

Bard Insta mezz is gash...
like Tyka said, with resists and determination the actual mezz time will be about 10 seconds.

L

lac_desariel

10 sec's is enough to sway the favor tho?, and i belive albions do have the skills outside the zerg, just niether side like to say when they were beaten fair in a fight be it Alb's mids or hib's, I for one will say now i won and lost 1fg vs 1fg against hib and mid, and i bet most others have so plz drop the crap about ablions cant do this and hibbys cant do that and middy cant do it either, all realms if played right work very well, and if bad dont end of story. but like WF says instant purge can be a game set and match winner

S

sorusi

let some chanters loose in 10sec and you got 1 - 3fgs dead :p

K

katt!

Originally posted by censi
End of the day, just cuz a hib grp uses grp purge, doesnt mean you will loose....

The whole point to these RA's was to loose the "thee who mezzes first wins" situation....

rofl.

S

sorusi

The who that mezzes first SHOULD win, they were smarter than the others- they predicted their nmy.. no no mythic had to give hibb grp purge to fuck everything up, and give albion SoS wich is nice, but not as usefull since if there is a long battle the albs will be mezzed eventually.. dont really know what midd got for spell.. then we got Warden RA, Thornfield or whatever its called.. snare and aoe dots all in the area (sort of CC)... impossible to fight this w/o aoe stun to send those lurikeens back to ardee :p

Cant you hibbs just admit that you got the uber realm with your uber RAs and uber Chars, sure you might be skilled, but an unskilled person with those RAs can beat a skilled person wich is totally blah :(

Oh stfu @ sorc mezzing ability vs bard/healer.. play all three and you might notice the differance (bards arent uber, but they habe druids and wardens to help them out with CC), albion got SoS - wow, Healers are simply uber... But the thing is albion got 0, NADA insta mezz..... cripples the realm ALOT since noone wants to play a class were you havent got the odds against you.. increase sorc mezz range to 1700 or something.. or give sorcs insta mezz aswell... or take away all insta CC (would be the best - along with purge)

PS: after playing healer now on pvp id take my healer over my sorc anyday - even if i got 0 damage output, these uber insta spells are just insane..

:clap: WF and his army should have won those times he got a jump on the hibbs (but uber RAs saved their arse, as they allways do)

Now bring the flames! :flame: tell me how hibernia is totally un-overpowered (heck even your dragon is overpowered)

W

Wuren

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Encountered Llaw Arian 1fg+ (counted 10-12ish) leaving crim. All mezzed, then group purge and insta AE mezz, FC/HB group dies.

:clap: well done.

we are 6 active atm due to exams/camlann :puke:

buT $00n w3 w1LL b€ b4kk t0 k1LL outlawe and roystar

A

Archeon

Re: Re: skill, tactics and co-ordination :-(

Looking back i can't see what the fuss is about

"Ohh, we were killed. Boo Hoo"

The loss of midgards relics has seriously limited my abilitys to rape and pillage how do you think i feel?

<sob> we viking type gezzers don't ask for much, i don't ever have a cool ship with a dragon head because the repo man came and took it back because i couldn't afford the monthly rental charges.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RAPE A PILLAGE WITH NO DRAGON SHIP!!?!

Oh and i think albions have fine CC, correct me if i'm wrong but i'd swear atleast one minstrel CC spell has to be insta (that or i'm being royally screwed by a bard with stealth)

we could sit here all night bitching about things certain realms have that others don't. at the end of the day its about a number of things

1. Who sees who first - if you get the jump on sombody unless their really, really good you'l usually win
2. individual skill - i've been in raids where people have had to direct tanks because they have no idea who to maul first
3. The classes involved - if you've got a group of 7 armsmen and a minny then your gonna get screwed over by a good group time and time again

as well as some other factions i'm sure you can think of but i can't be assed to put down.

Lets just agree on this, certain realms and classes have distinct advantages in certain areas and situations. for example, no class can match a healer for his CC abilitys and i dare you to contest that fact :)

However, no realm has an advantage in all situations.

N

Negura`

Originally posted by Archeon

Nah, fair do's i was in Penis a few nights ago and we got 'owned' by 7 Albis
never mind that ;)

I hope you mean pennines and not penis. Else i wud be worried.

Q

Qte Eth

overall idea of thread- nerf tyka qc mes

heck even your dragon is overpowered
LOL:D

ps: and ae mes from stealthed mincer from ur back is very close to insta it lands in 90% of situations and has no timer
5 sec -yes but it anyway lands
not to say albs got ranged mes that can be cast while running that lasts around 1 min compared to 30~sec instas mids&hibs possess
and hibs dont have insta cc on 30 sec timer as mids and albs do..
flame on^^

T

Tranquil-

About this FG vs FG imbalance/noskill you are talknig about. This has been discussed before and it ended up in a comparison of what classes Albs would need to have all the abilities you say we should 'learn' to use. The comparison ended up in an Alb FG that would consist of 10-12 players. That's just to get the abilities we need, which you can squeeze into 1 FG.

A

Aussie-

Ask some r00t lessons at Outlaw =)
i think we won 95% of our 1gv1g fights tonight

O

old.Wildfire

Actually tyka that was a completely different incident. On that occasion we were between bolg and crim, and you got us from behind - took us down fair and square. The encounter I'm talking about took place north of crim, just up on the plateau from the road, about half an hour later. My statement stands.

edit: Qte how do you propose to get a stealthed minstrel behind and out of FOV of another fg at the start of a fight before our group is mezzed itself?

FYI our group had 2 wizards, 2 sorcs (as vengeance may remember from the time they ganked us), a minstrel, a cleric, a theurgist and I think an armsman.

"1. Who sees who first - if you get the jump on sombody unless their really, really good you'l usually win"

Now I know vengeance and llaw are both good RvR guilds, FC have had some great scraps with both before now. However, you're claiming the use of group purge and insta mezz makes them "really, really good"? We saw them first. We got the jump on them. We got mezzed and died. Go figure.

O

old.Elfslayer

It always makes me laugh when I see one of these posts, not because of the poster, but because of the people replying saying how everything is all equal and balanced. Perhaps none of you ever read the vn boards and actualy realise that ALL Albions, accross the world, fair much worse than their hib/mid counterparts. Now no one would surely be as arrogant as to suggest that this is due to better players playing hib/mid. I could almost see that argument working on one server but guys you have to wake up and smell the coffee. Something isnt right here at all. If your interested check just one of the thousands of threads here

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=41362698&replies=22

These thoughts are not just my own as you can see but hey. I do agree however that there are some very good players on all the realms and that can make a world of difference, but still doesnt help the majority of people if the fight isnt on a leval playing field to start with. (no emain pun please). And my lil cabi is in semi retirement till I find it more enjoyable playing him again.

T

Tyka

Ahh wildfire sorry now i remember the second time we met, you must mean at crim torcans just below the hill, yes you got mez in on us but we did not have GP ready by that time.

You mezzed us and i was just ready to release when i see one of you guys starting to nuke me? You dont start to nuking a class with CC unless you are sure to kill him before he casts a spell, wich i did, wich was qc aoe mez :) no group purge, no instas, you just played wrong.

O

old.Wildfire

LOL

So we have a choice here... we can either nuke...

a) the bard with AE instamezz
b) one of three elves, any one of which may have QC AE mezz
c) the firbolg/celt of your choice which may well end up taking 6 or 7 nukes to kill by which time the mezz will have worn off

You're just adding fuel to the fire, proving (as if there was any doubt) that hibernia is stupidly overpowered compared to Albion. What you're saying is that ifwe can mezz you, as soon as we attack you, you mezz us back and we've lost because we have no GP. Thanks tyka, saved me the trouble of pointing that one out.

Hmm you say we played badly by attacking a caster? fuck. off. That's the stupidest claim I've heard all week. Plus I had you down to about 10% health before your mezz landed. If I'd used a bolt to start with (was expecting the group purge so went for speed over power) you would have been dead. Plus an entire group of firbies celts and elves running around with ZZzz's streaming from their heads definitely indicates that you used group purge.

O

old.Xanthian

Wildfire..

/assist or tell your grp members who your gonna attack, doesnt make sense if theres 4 casters in your group and you each attack a seperate player.
4 casters nuking simultaniously on 1 player will kill him easily without any threat of retaliation.

Also.. if you mezzed a group wtf was you all doing standing in a tight packed group to get mezzed yourself ? Surely if you engage your going to spread out ?

Just common sense surely.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by sorusi
then we got Warden RA, Thornfield or whatever its called.. snare and aoe dots all in the area (sort of CC)... impossible to fight this w/o aoe stun to send those lurikeens back to ardee :p

Warden TWF works more AGAINST bard CC than with it. You see it is only a 35% snare, with very low damage, and it breaks any mez that the invaders are suffering from. I mainly use it to disturb casters when our bard is down and I'm sure we have no other means of mezzing/stunning the enemy. It's a last resort. And quite a weak one at that. Most wardens have dropped TWF to free points for IP / purge (I didn't btw).

And lurikeens can't play wardens btw, but I guess you're referring to the luri menta's casting dots. Albs have killer dot too, this is nothing to do with the CC discussion.

I think Hibs have the slight advantage thanks to the druid group purge and bard insta mez, but so far the groups I've been in beat Albs just as easily without these 2 factors. Simply because most Albs I've seen are specced as solo players, and play like solo players.

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Wildfire..

/assist or tell your grp members who your gonna attack, doesnt make sense if theres 4 casters in your group and you each attack a seperate player.

albs dont have the convenience of target mezzed player,stun,nuke.

oh

i forgot

its skill & tactics.

soz.

T

Tyka

LOL wildfire, seriously i'll make a last reply and it will be the last, you will go on with this albion is nerfed til you die anyways.

First of all, if you are going to attack someone that can change the battle, you better make sure to stun him first, if you cant do it yourself just ask a tank to slam, if you dont have a tank that can slam, then u deserve to die.

Second, you had all of us mezzed, i mean seriously what is so hard to fail after that? but of course you guys can do it (fail that is). You start nuking me with your lousy nukes (you tell me u would 1 hit me with 1 of your bolts, why didnt u bolt me then), you break my mez, i qc aoe mez and like i said before, with good friar buffs that mez would last 10 secs.

Third, i dont agree on you that all hib classes got AOE mez, if you played this game enough, knew tactics and all that kind of stuff you say, you would know who to attack first, and ill tell it again, that is NOT a class with aoe mez and quickcast, sure u managed to take me to 10% health. But /qc /mez /FA and im back on track again.

Dont tell me you did all you could in that battle, you mezzed us, then 1 of you fcked up, i mean seriously if u see all are mezzed who would attack the bard first? albs of course.

Now forget that situation, ill try to explain to you how things are in hib, at least for me, qte + most ppl with rvr experience.

We dont go rvr if we have no bard,
we dont go rvr if we have no warden,
we dont go rvr if we have no druid.

And when i say druid, bard, warden i dont mean Warden Joe with 50 rps / week, i mean ppl that i know, that knows me, that i been grouping with since ages, that know what i do when we got zerg on us, no mistakes. Sure most ppl say its a fcked up way of playing the game, but its my way.

Most of the time i see you guys running around in groups, you most often have not enough support classes, dont tell me u have so few of this compared to what we have in hib, because finding a good bard is a HELL in hib, believe me, its a HELL.

I remember when i first started my eldritch and had to try all these new nifty RAs and stuff, back when i played my hero nothing of these existed, then it was truely who mez first, wins battle. Anyways we usually ran into full group of FC, back then was sorusi, veeshan etc, bellum i think. Anyways, even tho we got the first mez in, we sometimes did loose, 1fg hibs/1 fg albs, why? because u were all 4-5 rrs higher than most of my guild, that matters too.

If you want to become a good player in rvr you must be good in pve as well, that means getting the items you need for high resists etc, wich seriously i never see you guys have. Next time you leave ATK, think of what i said, dont leave it without someone with pbt, dont leave with 1 sorc or two, dont leave without a good cleric that knows what he is doing, then you can come to me and whine, dont expect to be able to win against hib groups unless you got the same kind of balanced group, because when we spend more times getting groups together than rvring, at least me.

As for wich class is better mezzer or whatever, say what you want i know how it really is.

Btw i think air theurgs got same aoe mez that light elds do, they can confirm how long a mez usually lasts on someoen buffed with resists.

So tell me WF, how many times have you been in a balanced group with rr6+ and got beaten by hibs that are savants (rr1-rr3) ?

Users who are viewing this thread