skill, tactics and co-ordination :-(

A

Archeon

Originally posted by alithiel50

Why do people think that purge is such a powerful ability for pure tanks (Mercs / Arms)?

There are only two tanks in all the game i recogise as 'pure'

Armsmen and Warriors.

and how can you not call an ability that can remove any and all negative staus effects on you, i've found it an incredibly powerful tool in both RvR and PvE.

Maybe for tanks it is less powerful due to their limited role in the game (tanks, tank they can't do anything besides that) and i've never had a fondness of hand to hand combat that allows me to lvl a tank to get purge and see whats its like, but i'd imagine not having to rely on a healer to remove your mez. or against an inf/NS all those bitchy posions/snares they have which do a fair ammount of their post-crit strike combo.

Still i'm not a tank, i'l probably never have a pure tank. so i'l assume you know what your talking about, say purge sucks for tanks and go about my merry way :)

And though i agree Group purge is power i'd rather it wasn't nerffed off the hibs, i mean they have it anyway and when i've been in fights with them its still been 50-50 win-loss roughly, then again i have the luxury of having two types of AE spell that makes your class useless for a time (atleast when rooted you can whack anyone near you, Pfft who needs AE root ;)) so i can let off an AE stun 1st, then an AE mez when they group purge.

But then AE stun is one of the middys 'overpowered' little spells that unbalence the game (apparently) :p

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Elfslayer
And my lil cabi is in semi retirement till I find it more enjoyable playing him again.

nooo! let elfslayer come out and play :(

D

dakeyras

Albion is gonna have to bite the bullet for some time to come, but it will get better.

These things are cyclical in the never-ending search for realm balance. At first Midgard had the power, then Alb and at the moment on the Euro servers it is Hibernia's time in the sun.

That time is coming to an end soon though as the balance tips towards Midgard again in 1.54...and I have no doubt that Albions turn will follow several patches later.

Whilst it is painful to be the realm that is suffering, and Albion are, it is also pathetic to be in the realm that has received the latest toys and put new found success down to superior intelligence and skill.

When Alb gets it's loving I wonder how these Hippies will react when told that it is simply down to Albs being better, more skillful players?

O

old.Elfslayer

Some thing I found on the vn boards that surely must point out something is slightly amiss..............

------------------------

This was posted to a Dev board thread after I asked for it several times. Just figured some of you might not get that deep into one of those threads, but would still find the numbers interesting.

So much for the population advantage.

"50's with more than 5000 rps last week:
Realm\Number\RPS\Deaths
Albion 6115 124,368,503 160,651
Hibernia 6160 140,795,161 133,581
Midgard 6541 158,096,542 155,900

39 with more than 1 rp last week:
Realm\Number\RPS\Deaths
Albion 15088 139,020,551 211136
Hibernia 12606 151,896,442 164095
Midgard 13543 169,843,558 187793<<< "

----------------------

This is across all servers. Make of it what you will, but to me it looks like alb have a population advantage and die a shed loads more whilst gaining less rp. Must be alb tactics are crap hey
;)

S

sigh

Just a thought, why dont we giv the relics back to there respective owners, this might not make a difference to CC or RA's but it would be more of a level playing feild to start this disscussion, who is king of the hill.< it would be nice to see why the game mechanics, made the decisions they did, what situations they where testings, and how they apply to a realm with no advantage, strenghs/weakness's would become more apparant, including the RA's>

As far as a BF group is concerned, we rarely have any casters, some times a caba or a sorc, but v rarely< normally get ganked on sight, if we get mezzed>, but normally a few ubah clerics including the ubah Kate and couple of ubah mincers, and tanks in the forms of arms/pala/scouts/infi's with 15 mins timers on BoF and SoS, its quite funny to watch the poor ickle hibbies kill you.<mezz doesnt come into it, i have purge, but dont use it unless to protect some one, or if i see a casters look at me funny>The greater combined hp of the group is better for unpredictable situations. i think.

But for gods sake if this game if it was easy i would have stoped playing it ages ago, its about the battles you can find, its where the fun lies imho< testing the char you have spent fooking ages making!>,

I recon Giv all the relics back to there respective ownzers!!
Whats the harm? Maybe it mutes a fair bit of the games mechanics, but tbh the game doesnt finish when you have all the relics in one realm, there is no winner, You can be a leet player but i dont think there is no such thing as a leet realm. <sticking up for mid here :)>

Cba'd with any more waffle as some one will come up with counter points instantly<think it costs 10 spec points and you get it from Tedtehdog only available to hib/mids>.<If there a point to this post :p>

my 2.3 euros

Edit : Gah just reread this-<prolly would see more mids if they had there relics back, and after all they are a realm with more chars than just SB's<and prolly less of them when they introduce the ip nerf, well tanks will prolly see them less :)>

Sighfi -BF-

A

Archeon

Yeah, redistibute the relics (this has nothing at all to do with the fact that we can't seem to take them back, honest :D)

S

sigh

sorry arch yopur prolly reading this as i constantly re edit it:p

L

lofff

i cant b arsed to read the whole thread but:

a) almost everyhib has self-purge, and MANY many times when u complain bout GP it has been just sum purges poping or purge+curemezz

b) only break mezz with stun. unless u like getting pwned by a qcmezz/instamezz or some thing

albs just suck 70% times i get mezzed its an alb who breaks it with AE or just a tank attacking me (not with slam ofc) other 30% = selfpurge/curemezz and v.rarely: GP

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Ensceptifica

And lurikeens can't play wardens btw, but I guess you're referring to the luri menta's casting dots. Albs have killer dot too, this is nothing to do with the CC discussion.

no i meant the Warden RA, it does damage over time aswell as it roots, wich Totally cripples casters, and it makes the hibb pbaoers job easier when the alb tanks cant move as fast.

O

old.Elfslayer

Originally posted by Novamir

correct. in general, albs suck!

--------------------

I do hope that was an ironic remark. The figures I quoted are world wide not just this server, so in other words you are saying everyone (generaly) who plays alb across the world sucks?

E

Ensceptifica

everyone (generaly) who plays alb across the world sucks?

YES ! You have to suck to want to wear those silly skirts and tin cans.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
why kill 1 caster in 3 seconds when you can kill 3 casters in 6...
Obviously you couldnt and got yourself killed, you played crap and then blame others ^^

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by old.Nol
I hope the bollox thing was not aimed at my macro.

Problem is that those macros only start working in patch 1.54 i think :q

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Archeon

There are only two tanks in all the game i recogise as 'pure'

mythics definition of 'pure' tank is anyone with no mana :)

F

Flimgoblin

This is across all servers. Make of it what you will, but to me it looks like alb have a population advantage and die a shed loads more whilst gaining less rp. Must be alb tactics are crap hey
;)

More targets for hibs/mids to kill split between less people = more RP per hib/mid.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by dakeyras
Albion is gonna have to bite the bullet for some time to come, but it will get better.

These things are cyclical in the never-ending search for realm balance. At first Midgard had the power, then Alb and at the moment on the Euro servers it is Hibernia's time in the sun.

That time is coming to an end soon though as the balance tips towards Midgard again in 1.54...and I have no doubt that Albions turn will follow several patches later.

Whilst it is painful to be the realm that is suffering, and Albion are, it is also pathetic to be in the realm that has received the latest toys and put new found success down to superior intelligence and skill.

When Alb gets it's loving I wonder how these Hippies will react when told that it is simply down to Albs being better, more skillful players?

Sensible post :)

Gah, what am I doing agreeing with a skald :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Sensible post :)

Gah, what am I doing agreeing with a skald :p
Hehe, Bracken, if you look at Cadwallon's signature, you will see he plays Albion on Excalibur. Good man, that. :)

Regarding the class discussion, I will only pitch in and say that it is a pity that there are so few level 50 Cabalists about (although, judging from /who cabalist, this is changing) given the enormous usefulness of nearsight in RvR. Our guild group ran into a FG of Hibs, including a lot of Thunderers, the other day and we thought the game was up (it was a surprise attack coming from behind). However, a few nearsights later, the Hibs were going down, and it was a joy to see the Hib bard inching closer and closer to me in order to be able to land the mezz (he never got it off, double DoT and pet took care of him).

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Fingoniel

mythics definition of 'pure' tank is anyone with no mana :)

LoL

Feel da uber infil/scout "pure tank" :p

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Belomar
Hehe, Bracken, if you look at Cadwallon's signature, you will see he plays Albion on Excalibur. Good man, that. :)

Regarding the class discussion, I will only pitch in and say that it is a pity that there are so few level 50 Cabalists about (although, judging from /who cabalist, this is changing) given the enormous usefulness of nearsight in RvR. Our guild group ran into a FG of Hibs, including a lot of Thunderers, the other day and we thought the game was up (it was a surprise attack coming from behind). However, a few nearsights later, the Hibs were going down, and it was a joy to see the Hib bard inching closer and closer to me in order to be able to land the mezz (he never got it off, double DoT and pet took care of him).

Bah STOP fighting hibs n write ur chronicles u lazy mincer :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
Bah STOP fighting hibs n write ur chronicles u lazy mincer :p
Hehe, I will do my darnedest, it's on my pile of "todo"-stuff. If nothing else, once I get home over the Christmas break, I will not have access to the game and thus plenty of time to kill writing Chronicles. :D

O

old.Nol

if I am not mistaken, nearsight is a negative effect and can therefore be purged, it would be a good way to force people to waste their purge, land a nearsight :D

90% of hibs in RvR by solo purge as soon as they can, it is extremely useful in turning the tide of battles. People that complain about being mezzed, but don't have purge, should spend every mezzed second kicking themselves.

R

rugged

Albs encountered in Pennine

I think you were referring to our guildgroup Archeon... And i think i was the armsman sticking and pounding your ass 2 seconds after we engaged ;) Still took a long time to get you down though (i think you used 2 instas on yourself), but you went down 1 second before i went down, having 2 tanks bashing my back and a hunter using me for targetpractise ;) Our friar (Reverent i think it was) did some great healing on us before getting into melee himself, as we had no cleric at that time... Glad we came out of the battle victorious, but especially glad the healer went down before me (finally put IP to good use, have the tendency to do that once a day). All in all a chaotic but nice fight :)

B

Brennik

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
why kill 1 caster in 3 seconds when you can kill 3 casters in 6...

I sure hope you're not really meaning that and that this ain't the general attitude among Albs either...

"Why kill a caster in 3 seconds when you can break 3 different mezzes meanwhile?"

F

Flimgoblin

Re: ...

Originally posted by old.Nol
if I am not mistaken, nearsight is a negative effect and can therefore be purged, it would be a good way to force people to waste their purge, land a nearsight :D

90% of hibs in RvR by solo purge as soon as they can, it is extremely useful in turning the tide of battles. People that complain about being mezzed, but don't have purge, should spend every mezzed second kicking themselves.

nearsight
purge
nearsight
group purge
nearsight

hmmm...

that'd be something to do with nearsight not being on a timer (which makes it really quite nasty)

good way to make people waste the purge :)

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by Fingoniel

nearsight
purge
nearsight
group purge
nearsight

hmmm...

that'd be something to do with nearsight not being on a timer (which makes it really quite nasty)

good way to make people waste the purge :)

replace the final nearsight with a mezz :D recipe for success, although I think purge gives you an immunity timer against that effect for a minute, so you would have to go...

nearsight
root
mezz

We could check it...

O

old.Charonel

purge doesnt currently give an immunity timer, nor group purge, i've been in several hib groups where we group purged an aoe mezz only to get it landed straight back onto us the second we purged it.

however, this is gonna get fixed, since it's actually a bug in this patch, the immunity timer is to ALL negative duration effects as far as i know, now this is where it get's iffy, since you can purge dots as a "duration based attack" does it give immunity to dots? in which case dot casters are gonna be PISSED OFF since it's their only real offence in most cases.

think the immunity timer is 30seconds, more than enough really.

note, dont quote me on the 30seconds thing, i'm not certain of the duration, could be 1 minuit.

Users who are viewing this thread