FH is my second home
Just what it sayes on the bookcover.

Comparing ok(played EVE, DAoC and SW:G)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
+ Level of realism in gameworld
+ Way in which balance seems to be applied unlike other mmorpgs
+ Instance dungeons
+ Some of the things that other mmorpgs suggested and never implemented, like auto roll and world wide grp invites and the flexability given by the xml templates

- Queues
- Childish behaviour of some individuals
- Sometimes some quests are very repetitive

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
+
Some nice storyline quests
The competition for minning(really fun when 4 ppl die because of a stupid iron mine)
The jumping
The emotes
Smooth grafics
I get to kill orcs
-
The posibility of running away from my rogue in pvp
Still no pvp bonus for killing
Lots of other minor stuff that need tweaking :D

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Queues can be avoided by not playing on a high pop server. ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
+The beutifully handcrafted world (much love has gone into it) with themed areas that breathe of life.
+The emotes
+Questexping (lovely with small goals all over a level) that makes you feel your part of a greater story right from the start.
+The lovely and fitting music
+Balance, both intrafaction (all classes good etc) and in pvp (any class can beat any other under the right conditions)
+Crafting is not a grind
+Uberequipment not making *that* much of a difference.
+PvE geared towards mostly smaller groups, and solo very viable. Almost never need more than a fullgroup, which is only 5 people so its easy to get one going.
+Instances
+Auctionhouse
+Reputation
+Mounts
+Mobtaging prevents killstealing and encourages helping out in a tight spot
+Almost no downtime thanks to food and drinks

-Questexping will not be as fun when youve done all quests a couple times.
-Lots of youngsters and mmorpg newbies, /leave 1 does wonders though
-A little too solo friendly maybe, and hard to group spontaneosly if you arent working on the same quests (can share quests but still have to meet the prerequisites to get them)
-PvP still in its infancy (classes well balanced but rules and rewards lacking)

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
- gimme focken speed for all running for quests !!11!!!!
- see above
- see above

+ autoroll
+ crafting system does not make you puke from just thinking of it.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Re: PvP rewards - right now I like the fact that there no PvP rewards beyond the reputation increases you get. If this game goes down the DAoC route of rewarding those who do a lot of PvP (invariably those who have been in the game longest) then it creates a rift between new players and old that eventually become's insurmountable. Eventually the game ceases to be accessible to new players, as they simply can't compete on the battlefield.

I would like to see rewards for PvP, but not any kind of public points system or anything that granted you additional abilities against enemies. Perhaps some sort of recognition within your faction for the number of enemies killed. I dunno, its a toughy.

Re: Idiots In Game - Until an MMORPG maker requests players to take an "idiot detection" questionnaire prior to granting them an account, this will alwaus be a problem.

Pluses

+ Solo friendly content. WHile you'll not lvl as fast a group does, the game caters to those amongst us who like a bit of peace & quiet, but still want to feel like we're progressing.
+ Transport systems in game are typically well organised and travel between zones is usually a visual feast
+ Crafting is excellent and its relatively easy to keep your crafting up to such a level that you can still provide good gear for yourself and friends.
+Mailing system is such a work of genius that every time I use it I am filled with joy.

Minuses

- Some of the running around between quests does my nut sometimes and I play a class with speed enhancement abilities.
- Game stability is still not very.
- More variety in character appearence would be welcome

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
+ Auctionhouse
+ "Tagging" mobs, so other can't steal them
+ Instances
+ Huge world
+ Solo friendly (see the negative part)
+ Chat system - it's one general chat/zone. And the trading channel in cities is nice to announce what you have for sale etc with a few mouseclicks.
+ Quests, you can level by doing quests mostly, no need to "grind".
+ Mailsystem, brilliant!
+ Addons, you can customize the UI etc.
+ The crafting system
+ Mounts
+ Classes, all classes I tried (warrior, druid, priest, rogue) has been fun and unique(sp?)
+ Talent tree

- Serverlag/Raidlag
- Queues on some PvP servers.
- Blizzards EU forum :p
- It's too solo friendly, only reason to group is actually for Instances and for fun.
- Some addons and macros takes away the fun, for example making a macro that decides which spell you cast. If it's a Rogue cast spell A if it's a warrior cast spell B etc.
- No PvP system yet.
- All the kids that writes in CAPS and are using 10 !!!! and ?????
- It feels like a young community (see above)

I'm sure it's alot more :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
gah, I had something to say a min ago, but cant remember it now :(

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
+ the graphic engine
+ the sound. ambience and EAX goes hand in hand in a most impressive way :p
+ easy leveling the first levels :D

- boredom when not getting questgroups :mad: which makes one roll a new char and go back to my third + ;)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
+all but this:

-cant find a fooking way 2 become an expert cook!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
+it's a good game
+teh mountz !1, got mine yesterday
+there are a few good people playing on Burning Legion.. hmm, me, gunz, two or three other people who I can't remember the names of and.. yeah that's about it from who I've spoken to.

-everyone else is either A. retarded, or B. not retarded but likes to act retarded
-no reward for PvP
-Alliance seem to dominate on BL server, they even use our instances ffs.
-I'm a warrior (teehee, apparently they rock if you learn the stances.. I'm not convinced)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
+ Brilliantly created and textured world (Typical for Blizzard)
+ Great crafting system
+ Decent Storyline
+ Taurens :)
+ No forced grouping
+ Lots of Quests that actually progress and force you to explore the world
+ Some quests actually require you to use your brain and dont always tell you everything you need to know and as such force you to go find out things for yourself.
+ Instanced Dungeons
+ Pretty much bug-free for such a new mmog
+ Many, many hidden bits and pieces that are a joy to discover.
+ It will evolve rapidly, the biggest + for this game is that its created by a superb company with a great reputation.

- It's repetitive
- PvP is pointless and hopelessly uninspired.
- Grouping dynamics are flawed
- The basic game is unorigional, uninspired and essentially no different from any other mmorpg
- Server Queue's
- The community is overrun by b-net kiddies.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I don't see why people post that "PvP is pointless". You do it because it's fun ... not the DAoC pattern of repetitive actions rewarded by realm points and new abilities. Having a reward for something doesn't make it interesting or fun of itself.

If you want to PvP do it because it's fun and it's a test of skill. Not because you want to look down on people who are beneath you in a spreadsheet.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
I don't see why people post that "PvP is pointless". You do it because it's fun ... not the DAoC pattern of repetitive actions rewarded by realm points and new abilities. Having a reward for something doesn't make it interesting or fun of itself.

That's not true,some people like to get something from it some dont. It's really an unique opinion everyone has it so let's not start fighting over this.

And yup i support the "Reward for PvP!" movement

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
That's not true,some people like to get something from it some dont. It's really an unique opinion everyone has it so let's not start fighting over this.

And yup i support the "Reward for PvP!" movement

Rewards are good as long as they dont make it alot easier to win the next fight, leading to an ever increasing rift between those that win alot and those that dont. I think Bliz is on the right track though since it seems their rewards will be mostly "fluff" :)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
i think generally fluff rewards would be best, altho some kind of daoc RA clone would be good too but in no way as powerful as daoc's RAs. Just little things, and ofc main fluff being titles/names :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:

If you want to PvP do it because it's fun and it's a test of skill. Not because you want to look down on people who are beneath you in a spreadsheet.

PvP in WoW is nothing different from PvP in DAoC, they are both "repetitive actions" except that at least DAoC had some kind of aim and some kind of reward. Now the probelm here is that not everyone is comparing WoW PvP to the PvP of DAoC, and indeed my post had nothing to do with daoc whatsoever. Claiming that im comparing DAoC to WoW is just untrue.

It has nothing to do with lack of stats, and nothing to do with lack of ranks, once again that isnt the point.

PvP in WoW has no aim, no direction and as such has no point, hence is pointless. This, again, was not even the main point of the comment :)

The main point i was trying to make is that WoW PvP seems tacked-on, demonstrates zero imagination or invention and appears to be there just for those who want to "pwn" each other, hence the attraction for b-net types.

Meh, either way, it's just my opinion.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
They said they would give rewards for pvp eventually (at Blizz's pace ofcourse...) but i remember they mentioned somewhere that these would be things you would have to constantly upkeep. What i understood to make an analogy with daoc, is that if you were something like rr9 for example and stop pvp'ing for quite a while you would lose your 'rp's'. Dunno how it would really work out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
fionnel said:
They said they would give rewards for pvp eventually (at Blizz's pace ofcourse...) but i remember they mentioned somewhere that these would be things you would have to constantly upkeep. What i understood to make an analogy with daoc, is that if you were something like rr9 for example and stop pvp'ing for quite a while you would lose your 'rp's'. Dunno how it would really work out.

think u are reffering to the battlegrounds here mate :) there u gotta have a constant upkeep of ore to have ur guards at the top in equipment and levels...

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
Bare in mind that when daoc was first released there where no frontiers at all, it was all PvEing at the time, and that is the same for most games, at least here there is a chance to PvP and have some fun while they add the honour system. Yes the game has some kiddies init but then again so does daoc.. aussie etc. In daoc PvPing took so little skill it was unbelieveable.. in WoW u cant just stick u actually have to control your character, its harder and its more fun, reminds me of UO in many ways and i very much look forward to BG's.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
um there were frontiers from day 1 of daoc release o_O
there wasn't realm abilities

knockout

Fledgling Freddie
like some guys have pointed out

when DAOC started there was no rewards in RvR.
it was all about having fun killing the other side

WoW is doing that right now too.
and it came out a much more finished product than
DAoc can say. I know cause i was at both retail starts.

if battlegrounds can be as fun as capturing thidraki was in
the DAOC bgs. We that have moved to WoW wont have
anything to complain about.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
+ World feels "alive" full and rich
- Kids, game is full of them :/

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Asha said:
buy the book in desolace? iirc
Ye ye, I know that know, but... I get wtfpwned everytime I try to get there ;)

I need the book in Ogrimmar, not some neutral city (I think it is)...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
+ posted before
- you can see enemy players name, class, level... i would rather have rank / race like in daoc, aka the fluffy new titles after gathering x - realmpoints. Same would be cool here too.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
knockout said:
like some guys have pointed out

when DAOC started there was no rewards in RvR.
it was all about having fun killing the other side

WoW is doing that right now too.
and it came out a much more finished product than
DAoc can say. I know cause i was at both retail starts.

if battlegrounds can be as fun as capturing thidraki was in
the DAOC bgs. We that have moved to WoW wont have
anything to complain about.

Demands on a MMORPG is way way way higher now though compared to when Daoc was released. And capturing thidraki was fun? erm...

Agree on what Dorin says though, gimme "Night Elf ****" instead of class and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom