SidiRaids: Falcor vs. Aligro

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Actually, before you get too upset about me being a racist... I do speak Spanish, lived in Barcelona for 5 years.
And yes, people playing an English based language game without being able to speak English are retards.

So why don't you cut the insults directed towards Spanish people then?

O

old.Ramas

To be fair to Glottis - he tends to insult everyone, which is why most people ignore him.

D

DeaD GuRu

I just wonder what mythic would say about this type of dicriminating rules :)

P

Puppetmistress

Re: Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

Actually, rr5+ do more on a raid than a lower lvl rr player would. They will do more damage, hit more often, die less often.
So yes, they do...

And besides just the sidi raid, they do more for Albion also.
Regards, Glottis

LOL.

A RR2 theurgist does FAR more dmg, hits for FAR more and adds FAR more to the Raid then your gimpy RR5 scout.

I hit (when I was air) for 480 on some keylords. Yes, I am RR5 with my theurgist but a RR2 would hit for the same, because I was using XP-gear with only 45+7 air. A RR2 theurgist can also get that.

A RR2 theurgist can add easily 15 attackers to Apoc if he wants. That's abit more then you with your arrows (do you use arrows or your crappy melee which hits for shit?)

A RR2 theurgist can put on PBT as well and potentially block (depending on his spec) up to 2000 damage EASILY every 10 seconds.

But no, lets exclude him from the lotto and let that RR5 scout roll, he does FAR more.

B

bult

anyone is free to lead raids when they feel like it why vote? If you dont like aligros rules dont come to his raids, if you dont like falcors rules dont come to his raids! simple

D

DeaD GuRu

can we pls cut the crap on claiming and who does what??

everybody is entitled to every piece in this game........

if you organize and forbid others in beeing able to abtain this certain piece, you are unfair and a possible cause why ppl stop playing or joining your organized raid....

it is not about who does what, It is pure discrimination and narrowing the margins in obtaining that specific thing him/themselves.

2800 ppl playing
-1500 not lvl 50
-700 not rr 5
-100 penalised
-200 not even interested

300 possible kanidates: of wich 20 are on raid
one "uber" drop >>> 1/20 chance still not good enough.... i'll claim it..and i'll hide behind a wall in doing so....(that wall beeing: i love organizing, i love helping)

There are ppl that don't mind , there are that do mind ....

this is just a pointless discussion...

farm APOC, get tons of drops, get a bunch off ppl that love doing sidi, challenge the odds, lower the number of attending ppl..
then sell the items you farm...

the organizers only motivation is :

he want those drops in his vault.... nothing more nothing less... and he does it at all cost....

to prove this point...
let "Mr organizing talent" get al the APOC items, give him the full armour set...
and LOOK
will he organize more raids??? will he spend his time on organizing???

har har...

my two cents

roger out

S

skile

I have said it before. I said it in Falcor's Raid-thread. If only rr5 people deserve the weapons from apoc. THEN KILL HIM YOURSELF? What makes your effort worth more when in sidi? Nothing, nada.

Are the 30 rr5+ able to kill apoc with their 1337 1.8% more damage? o_O

S

skile

Lets see how many people turn up this saturday. It seems, either keep your rr5+ rule and never ever kill apoc again falcor, or allow those none rr5:ers to get apocweapons. This will get apoc killed.

Alternative 1: No chance of a apoc-weapon at all.
Alternative 2: Chance of a apoc-weapon, must be better than none?

I advice everyone not rr5+ to not show to the raid this saturday. Make yourself count, fuck elitism. And if you do show, sit down when facing apoc and let the rr5+ do their thing, cause it seems theyr effort down at sidi is worth more than yours.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by skile
I advice everyone not rr5+ to not show to the raid this saturday. Make yourself count, fuck elitism. And if you do show, sit down when facing apoc and let the rr5+ do their thing, cause it seems theyr effort down at sidi is worth more than yours.

I don't think its fair to come but sit down at Apoc. Think the best way to let your voice getting heard is just not come at all if you dont agree with the RR5-rule.

It's not fair towards Falcor if you come but dont help with Apoc imo, we all can know the rules by now and now the restriction on Apoc-weapons.

Just decide for yourselves: Do you think it's ok that RR5- cannot get Apoc-weapon: Do not come at all. Otherwise have fun and attend to Falcor his raids which he has been leading quite well in the past (gotta give him credit for that).

I just do not come. Cannot give a clearer signal out imo. And it is fair towards the rest of the raid.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
LOL.

A RR2 theurgist does FAR more dmg, hits for FAR more and adds FAR more to the Raid then your gimpy RR5 scout.

Before you get too simple minded, you might have informed which character I bring on the sidi raids...
Do I bring my scout?
Do I bring my armsman?
Do I bring my sorc?
Do I bring my necro?

But please, keep on making stupid remarks like that Puppet, and grow a brain while your at it...

At Skile, you should stay away (I believe you were banned at the raid anyway) if you plan on not hitting Apoc if the raid gets there.

At Gordonax, I'm not being racist, I will call a Dutch kid who cannot speak English and still plays this game retarded also.
If you cannot speak English, stop playing DaoC, or atleast never come on a public event. It is just the name Spanish have built up for themselves on the server. Did you read the (very funny) thread were people were planning to go to possible Spanish server and do the crap numerous Spanish players have pulled off on Excal (logging after getting a drop, claiming every drop in the group, not speaking the official server language). But I guess you don't find that funny either :(
Regards, Glottis

F

Fagane

For all people who are not RR5+ I would suggest do not come, for all people who do not agre on the rule I also would say do not come, for people who would go for the drops, do not come becouse Sidi will be creamed down before Falcor can start Suterday.

Fagane

T

thorwyntf

But I guess you don't find that funny either

Bashing people on a spanish server and destroying the game for a good percentage of people who deliberately stayed away from english servers because they don´t speak english (and dont´want to be called retards) is not funny, it´s just an immature act of revenge. "They" have done that crap to me, so I´m gonna do the same to "them". Btw´.. that´s one definition of racist argumentation.

P

Puppetmistress

Re: Re: Re: Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

Before you get too simple minded, you might have informed which character I bring on the sidi raids...
Do I bring my scout?
Do I bring my armsman?
Do I bring my sorc?
Do I bring my necro?

But please, keep on making stupid remarks like that Puppet, and grow a brain while your at it...

OK, I stand corrected, you might bring another toon. Doesn't change the fact a RR2 theurgist does more then a RR5 scout. Or a RR5 armsman.

That is what makes your statement so idiotic 'A RR5 will hit more often and miss less, does more dmg' is NOT true.

I know a certain RR6 friar which has a lower weaponskill and a lower staff-spec then my friar. It is already a very low % between RR4 and RR5 if you take same gear/spec etc and specs can change so much that your statement 'A RR5 does more' simply don't hold grounds.

But believe what you want Glottis, I dont really care (anymore). I 've decided to boycot the raids because of it. One theurgist or friar (whatever the group needed) less wont make a change. I know that. But if enough people do it we might get heard and Falcor might decide to change the rule back. Time will tell.

T

thorwyntf

Fagane, don´t you think that you´re acting like a 10 year old?

You´re trying to ruin a raid for a bunch of people who´re not sharing your POV, nothing else. That´s like leeching somebodys mob because you don´t like the colour scheme of his armour. Or like telling Mids about an upcoming RR because you don´t like the guy who´s leading the RR.
What statement you think you´re making by doing this? That everybody who´s running a Sidi raid has to ask you for permission about the lotto rules, or else you´re gonna spoil his raid? This is the lowest form of protest. If they´re not doing as I say and as I want, I´m gonna ruin their fun.

B

Bellona

falcors rules > aligros rules

If I knew the sidi layout, and such, i would try running a raid, have to do some reading about how to do it successfully, or spam falcor with questions :D

F

Fagane

This Sidi Raid is not about his RR5 rule, this is about his attitude to claim every sat from now till ever for his Sidi Raids. And then we should ask "him" for a Sidi Raid on Sat?

And even the fact that the admins of Barry allow this. No respect for barry, no respect for Falcor. So now I feel fre to do what I always wanted to do, thats small sidi raids, to get a few easy drops, do it several times with 3FG till all memebrs got a desent drop. Time we would need is abot 4 to 7 Sat, with 1 hour for each Sat, maybe 2 if we try a bit deeper.

Fagane

E

Eleasias

Dreads 50 Ice wiz
National 50 Revuje Cleric
Oozy 4x Painworking Necro
Shadowlord's - Excalaliber

hahahahahaha :D

you albs are retarded btw

G

Gordonax

Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

At Gordonax, I'm not being racist, I will call a Dutch kid who cannot speak English and still plays this game retarded also.

Sorry Glottis, that doesn't wash as an excuse. You didn't just say "retard" you called them "Spanish retards". If I called a black person a "black bastard" that would be regarded as racist language, and rightly so. Saying "Spanish retard" is just the same. When you tie a race to an insult ("Spanish retard", "black bastard") THAT'S when you cross the line into racism.

T

thorwyntf

Fangane... re-read my post pls:

Are you aware of the fact, that you´re actively spoiling the fun/gamne/raid for like 100 people?

N

noaim

Re: Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

Originally posted by Gordonax
Sorry Glottis, that doesn't wash as an excuse. You didn't just say "retard" you called them "Spanish retards". If I called a black person a "black bastard" that would be regarded as racist language, and rightly so. Saying "Spanish retard" is just the same. When you tie a race to an insult ("Spanish retard", "black bastard") THAT'S when you cross the line into racism.

Sorry to butt in on your cuddly albish discussions, but when did spaniards become a "race"?

Furthermore, he wasnt saying that all spaniards is retarded, just a selective few ones, the ones that cant speak english. If disliking non-english speaking Spaniards qualifies for being a racist, i dont know , but i highly doubt it.

F

Fagane

re-read my post, I do not accept a claim for ever, and I need to ask a person (player) as if he has exclusive Sidi Rights. That would be saying Avalon City is claimed from now on, becouse I want to xp whenever I want.

If you want to keep a raid, fine, even if I do not agre with the rules. But claiming a spot for ever is illigitate. And even by GOA rules and standards, its the first person there gets the spot/raid. So bad luck for Falcor, I am there before him.

In case I do not accept this claim (in case there is no end date to it). I do not need to follow it.

I will not do this raid, if his raid gets unsticked and Falcor claims Sidi just like normal, 1 week in advance.

The argument thats to much work, give me a break. Its a straight copy/paste, and most likely from a word document he made already.

The argument that I ruin the fun for 100 people? Falcor already does that with his private raid of RR5+ only, its also private, his raid his rules, this is mine raid, so mine rules.

Fagane

C

Coim-

Re: Re: Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

Originally posted by noaim
Furthermore, he wasnt saying that all spaniards is retarded, just a selective few ones, the ones that cant speak english. If disliking non-english speaking Spaniards qualifies for being a racist, i dont know , but i highly doubt it.
If it isn't already (which i'm sure it is), it should be.

G

Gordonax

Re: RR5+ loot rule is lame utterly lame aswell

Originally posted by noaim
Sorry to butt in on your cuddly albish discussions, but when did spaniards become a "race"?

OK, this is a long long long discussion and one that's probably way beyond what I'm prepared to get into (I want to go play DAoC!!!), but...
In UK law, a racial or ethnic group is defined as a group of people having a long-shared common history and cultural tracition, geographic origin, and lots more (details at http://www.employment-solicitors.co.uk/race2.htm if you want to know more). Spanish clearly falls into that category. This is different to the way most people commonly think of race, which is as the taxonomic grouping of different human sub-species - but that definition has fallen out of favour both with biologists and historians (who tend to use the non-genetic based "populations" when looking at human migration patterns). There's a good piece on what race is at http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race if you want to know more about the whys and wherefores.

Actually, he wasn't that distinctive at first - check back in his posts. It's a common excuse for racist language that "I don't mean all of them, just the ones that don't speak English. They're just thick." The fact is that as soon as you start saying "black bastard", "Spanish bastard", "British bastard" you're being racist, rather than just insulting an individual.

B

bracken_woodman

If you dont like the rules don't go. Personally I only attend guild based raids. Oh, and the rr5 rule is a bag of shite - if you need people to kill Apoc then you cannot justify excluding them from the lotto for his drops.

Users who are viewing this thread