Sidi raid WEDNESDAY 20th Aug

F

Fagane

Originally posted by old.Ramas
So the gain for alb to front loaded damage is 0.21/11.55 = 1.81% in the particular case of the anchor.

Do not forget thats, 1.81% more ELITISM for the people like Glottis!

You know how important that is!

L

loxleyhood

Erm...... except for the fact that gladius is thrust and anchor is slash, so nobody would be going from a gladius to anchor.

Anyways, anchor is much, much slower than any crafted weapon a scout can equip and does much, much more damage. I don't know how much of a difference RR makes to it, and if you read my post you'll notice I wasn't even talking about RR.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Ialkarn
You forgot to mention some weapons got factors making them unic and better than crafted gears (6.0 speed for apoc sword, 4,2 fateslayer mandible,a v slow speed for mincer/scout weapon) unic procs and aloot of interesting things I 'm sure would make the difference in every battle.

'alot of interesting things' ? Hmmm, it all boils down to speed of the weapon and the proc it has.

Funny thing is that both RR2 and RR8 benefit EXACTLY the same of a speed decrease/increase and proc.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Anyways, anchor is much, much slower than any crafted weapon a scout can equip and does much, much more damage. I don't know how much of a difference RR makes to it, and if you read my post you'll notice I wasn't even talking about RR.

It doesn't do much, much more damage. It is all in your head. Yeah you do more dmg/swing but you swing much slower.

There are alot of scenario's where you like frontload damage (slow swingspeed, more dmg / swing) but in an 1-on-1 situation as scout a fast weapon is better

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
It doesn't do much, much more damage. It is all in your head. Yeah you do more dmg/swing but you swing much slower.

There are alot of scenario's where you like frontload damage (slow swingspeed, more dmg / swing) but in an 1-on-1 situation as scout a fast weapon is better

WRONG! Slower > faster. The only possible time a faster weapon is better is against an assasin, but the difference is negligable. Oh, and if you duel a warden 1v1 ofc. Yeah. Do that all the time.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by loxleyhood
WRONG! Slower > faster. The only possible time a faster weapon is better is against an assasin, but the difference is negligable. Oh, and if you duel a warden 1v1 ofc. Yeah. Do that all the time.

Or trying to land a slam to get a new crit-shot off.

Can you not get a bastard sword? Or not available as 16.5 dps weapons in Albion?

Edit: Faster weapon also makes it harder for the enemy to use reactionaries and you might be able to squeeze a style more out of your endurance-bar.

O

old.Ramas

You didn't mention realm rank, but that was the point being made in the posts you were answering.

And I guess if it's slash the better comparison is the sabre. Which is 3.6 spd instead of the 3.7 spd used in the calculation above.

/shrug

Point is, the effect of speed difference (espeicially when reduced by your QUI and any haste buff, unless you don't open with a style?) is small. The effect of realm rank on that difference is almost zero.

I appreciate you weren't commenting either way on the rr5 debate - but it does make for a good example.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom