Sidi raid WEDNESDAY 20th Aug

F

Falcor

Raid rules:
-Anon off please.
-Im increasingly fed up with ppl messing about in sidi raids, so a new punishment system, if u do something wrong u get -10 in lotto this means that if some1 does something wrong they can only do /random 90, keep doing things wrong and the number gets lower. This will apply some discipline, but not harm people who make an honest mistake or suffer a lag pull.
-Going afk for long periods of time will be penalised
-Patience is needed. Certain parts of the raid are simple zergs. Others require a little more time and technique, the more patient and cooperative people are, the quicker these bits go.
-Drops should be given to me as soon as they are dropped. Sooner I have them, sooner raid progresses. I am SICK of ppl not handing in drops because they are afk or prancing about wielding or apssing round stats, with over 100 items in loot now, if each person takes 5mins to hand in each bit (which is has been often) that is a hell of a long time, and this is why ppl are slow, if ppl are slow giving in drops i will penalise them with -10 in lotto
-I reserve right to ask to keep warlord sword(1h) should one drop.
-I expect people to do as told precisely, simply to avoid unecessary dificulty and possible wipes.

Lotto rules:

-Lotto for respec stones will be first, if u roll for a stone u cannot roll for other drops, this is so all stones get used and not sold on.
-One item per person, need before greed, expect to see no one selling stuff straight after raid on trade forums....
-No lottoing for items if u already have one from lotto, exlcuding rings bracers and dual wield weapons.
-Where possible items will go to ppl who have most suitable spec.
-Min lvl for entering lotto is 50.
-Players may only bid on an item if their class and spec can use it. There is one exception to this rule, and that is Sidi Armour. Since the goal is to gather a full suit of this armour. Having said this, armour which is not part of the full Sidi suit depends on spec.
-If you desperately(MUST BE DESPERATE NEED, A LOT OF PPL NOW LEAVING CUZ THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO STAY FOR ONE ITEM, NOT AN EXCUSE) need to leave before the lotto, you may get someone else to represent you in the lotto. However, he will only be able to bid on drops which dropped before you left, and you must pm me when you leave saying who shall be bidding for you.
-U may only lotto for weapon dye IF u have a Sidi weapon
-Group friendly classes may bring their group friendly class and roll for a lvl50 alt. Current list of group friendly classes....
-Clerics(ABOVE ALL)
-Ice wizards
-Theurgists(pet spam important)
-Necromancers
-Paladins
From now im relaxing rules on alts they still must be 50, however, i would much prefer an armsman over an infil for example, so if u can bring a more useful class u can lotto for the alt(think most ppl know what classes r not much use)
If ppl wish to do this they MUST pm and tell me BEFORE we enter SIDI
-Apocalypse weapons, will now be realm rank lotto dependant, this is because of there effectiveness especially in rvr due to there speed, so now these will be lootoed by rr5+ ppl, this only applies to apoc weapons all others with be only limited to lvl 50, this is one or non weapons per raid.

DO NOT BIND AT GWYNTELL LOTTO WILL BE AT GOTHWAITE HARBOUR

will start at 7pm PPL MUST BE THERE ON TIME or raid will be late finishing

S

skile

When does the stone lotto start? what time and where if it's before the raid? :p

F

Falcor

u say before raid if u want a stone, then lotto is after raid, if u roll for stone u cant roll for drops

F

Falcor

hopefully it should be more quiet i hope at least enough ppl to kill apoc tho, maybe 120 would be nice, get roughtly 45 drops i think so thats not too bad

M

Mage

Pity lotto not for lvl48+ Seems you need 120 lvl 50s to do apoc or else use lower lvls with no reward ??

O

old.Spanjab

So does that mean everyone who isn't RR5 should log before Apoc? Seems reasonable to me.........

F

Falcor

well i woudlnt cuz lotto is after apoc, and if u dont fight u out of lotto

if u dont like it u dont need to come, but it is only one or non weapons

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by dimerian
Kewl wednesday - no sauna to interrupt my daoc :m00:

ps.seems like in this raid no rr5+ rule,good as mine pala is only few levels from it :E

-Apocalypse weapons, will now be realm rank lotto dependant, this is because of there effectiveness especially in rvr due to there speed, so now these will be lootoed by rr5+ ppl, this only applies to apoc weapons all others with be only limited to lvl 50, this is one or non weapons per raid.

F

Fagane

Originally posted by Falcor

This the only reason I will not attend this raid. Rules like this is BS, and only causes elitism. This rule makes absolutely no sense, and this raid can not be done with only RR5, lvl 50 persons. 1 Theurg less from now on your raids.

Fagane

F

Falcor

fagane if one(or non) weapon is gonna stop u coming then so be it

F

Fagane

Its not about the weapon, its about your claims a few months ago, and my view about fair.

Now you claim that a RR5 tank does more then a theurg or a cleric. And I seriously doubt you can do this raid if no tank or theurg shows up, while I think you can come prity far (and prob win) without an armsman, mercenary or paladin.

S

seeaira

On the US servers we never do this.. People who lotto for an alt change the last name of thier char to like "Lotto4thruster" or something.. you get the idea so there is no confusion and people know why you are there.. and you dont have to be rr5 to lotto for Apoc. They also do random 150.

I think making the rules like the rr5 bit is going to change the raides and push them into guild/alliance raids..
Im not saying this because im not rr5.. but i see how smooth the raids work on the US server and I think we can do the same.. Just a thought.

F

Falcor

i think random 150 for rr5 for all weapons would be more unpoular tho

F

Flimgoblin

i think random 150 for rr5 for all weapons would be more unpoular tho

for all weapons most certainly :)

If you just did it for the apoc only ones (which only drop for a few classes I believe?) there'd be slightly less anger than at the current one.

At the end of the day it's a compromise of a compromise.

It's down to how many non-RR5+ you piss off compared to the number of RR5+ you appease on the rule and on how much you care for either side ;)

If enough non-RR5+ don't give a damn and turn up anyway the rule will be fine, if too many decide "screw you" it's no more (open) Falcor raids ;) or at least no more killing apoc on them. So the whole RR5 drop issue goes away... so more people turn up... so the issue comes back... and everyone goes away again... and then I get dizzy and my . key breaks from too many ellipses...

F

Falcor

lol its one drop i aint gonna worry about it, however i will say one more thing, if ppl come to raid, and i see u not trying to kill apoc, i will ban u from lotto, no warning cuz tbh i find if ppl do that disgusting....

P

Puppetmistress

lol its one drop i aint gonna worry about it, however i will say one more thing, if ppl come to raid, and i see u not trying to kill apoc, i will ban u from lotto, no warning cuz tbh i find if ppl do that disgusting....

'Only' 1 weapon you can't lotto for RR5-
'only' 1 mob you didn't fight as RR5-
I am starting to see a pattern.

I wish you best of luck with the raid.

P

Puppetmistress

BTW if I a bring a REALLY useful support-class RR5 can I still lotto for Apoc-weapon for an alt <RR5- ?

Or is that not allowed too ?

Just asking

F

Falcor

no but i will allow other way round, if u have an alt rr5 and bring a non rvr cleric, u can lotto with rr5+ alt say an infil for example

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
'Only' 1 weapon you can't lotto for RR5-
'only' 1 mob you didn't fight as RR5-
I am starting to see a pattern.

I wish you best of luck with the raid.

Whats that ment to mean?

P

Puppetmistress

no but i will allow other way round, if u have an alt rr5 and bring a non rvr cleric, u can lotto with rr5+ alt say an infil for example

OK clear.

Whats that ment to mean?

On the one hand you say 'do not worry, it is only possible one drop'. On the other hand you ban people immediatly from lotto when they dont fight 1 mob (Apoc).

What I said about the lotto (it is not about the one drop, it's about the principle) goes also for the fighting off Apoc imo.

If I would go I would never be as low as not fighting Apoc as RR5-. Even if it is only 1 mob.

The same way it is about the drop of Apoc. If I would make rules I would never be as low as not allowing to lotto for Apoc-drops as RR5-. Even if it is only 1 drop.

The cases are very similiar:

* One mob (Apoc)

* One drop (Apoc-weapon)

Yet in the one case you say 'dont whine, it is only 1 drop' where in the other case you ban people from lotto because they dont fight 1 mob.

You see what I mean? It is measuring with 2 standards in my opinion.

The ' best of luck' was a genuine wish that your raids may be successfull. I for one dont hold grudges because you make rules I dont agree with it. I just decide for myselves if I go or not

(probably not, because the only thing I like at the moment is stuff for my friar and he's not RR5 yet. My theurgist is RR5+ but has all she needs, except viable reason to go into RvR with 50+ % resists :/)

F

Falcor

theres a difference puppet, the "only" weapon is a compromise to the rr5 ppl out there, however if u sit down and watch ppl die to apoc that is low, especially as u agree to rules if u come, also apoc drops 3 other items and 2 respec stones too, so u r doing other ppl out of it....other non rr5 ppl

P

Puppetmistress

theres a difference puppet, the "only" weapon is a compromise to the rr5 ppl out there, however if u sit down and watch ppl die to apoc that is low, especially as u agree to rules if u come, also apoc drops 3 other items and 2 respec stones too, so u r doing other ppl out of it....other non rr5 ppl

I personally said I would never do that because when you attend you agree to the rules (more or less: Not much people are organizing raids at the moment so your rules or the highway).

But dont forget you're cutting out RR5- with one drop, no matter how you turn and twist it. It's irrelevant how many drops Apoc gives, it's about the principle for me.

The principle of giving all attendants a fair chance as the principle of giving your best shot on Apoc, regardless your RR and your chance on an Apoc weapondrop.

If you dont fight Apoc you're unfair to others, I agree. If you're not allowing RR5- to lotto for Apoc his weapon you're unfair to them.

Nothing about 'this counts heavier' or what. Principle. Easy as that.

F

Fagane

Much better told by Puppetmistress then I did, but it hits exactly my point. I totaly agre on what she says, and I am in the same position as she is. This is the reason I will not come, its the principle.

Fagane

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by Fagane
Now you claim that a RR5 tank does more then a theurg or a cleric.

Be fair.

What he is claiming is that the 1.8% additional increase to frontloaded damage that an RR5 player gets on the first swing only over what an RR4 would get on that same first swing (with no additional advantage on later swings) will turn around the fortunes of alb in RvR.

;)

As said previously, I'm somewhat neutral on this issue, since I don't actually want a cleric warlord weapon, and don't do rvr melee, so I can't comment on whether the 1.8% will indeed provide 6 relics and 21 keeps in rapid order.

So either way, good luck everyone.

PS. Actually this does bring up an interesting point, does the warlord rule apply to caster weapons (if there are any warlord staves?)? Since casters don't melee, even the 1.8% advantage from weapon speed doesn't exist, and so RR2 or RR10 actually makes no difference to the effectiveness of the item.

F

Fagane

What do you think of armor, and then the sidi set with the special neckies? Becouse only RR5+ can fully util a Sidi armor, they only can get the neckies?

Fagane

E

--Eraser--

hm.
i still cant see why you see this new RR5+ rule as a compromise, falcor.
99% of the moaning here is against this rule, even from people who are RR5+ and still dont agree with that. i would like to know if there really where so many complains about low-lvl-RR-chars winning "uber items". i mean beside the usual whine from kids who re just frustrated cause they didnt get something. i cant get rid of the feeling that this idea was simply born in your own head, sorry.
and about your warning to ban everyone who refuses to help on apoc: thats just pathetic imo.

dont get me wrong mate. i try to keep my words in a non-flaming way cause i still think of you as a reasonable guy. i just think your idea really goes into a wrong direction. i see your point that "its only 1 drop!!!", but a part of the community takes it personally and insists on principles. and they might be right on this one.

O

old.Ramas

i mean beside the usual whine from kids who re just frustrated cause they didnt get something. i cant get rid of the feeling that this idea was simply born in your own head, sorry.

I agree that there are far more people against the RR5 rule than in favour of it, but there have always been people asking for more and more restriction on who can lotto.

When the '50 only' compromise was introduced they just upped their demands to rr5 as well.

In terms of in-game whine rate, I suspect the number of comments in game (not counting Falcors pms that I can't see, natch) has been pretty even, despite the fact the volume of *people* on either side of the argument has always been much more decisive.

So I don't think it's entirely fair to say Falcor dreamed this up himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom