SI: Delayed

O

old.Tbird

I can just imagine what my company would say if I trashed every copy of Office 2000 then half way through the Office XP install told them 'Sorry, cant carry on because the files I knew were missing haven't turned up yet'

B

Belsameth

any good?
have the demo lying around but haven't bothered yet

P

PJS

GOA employee 1 : "Errm guys have you seen the weather in Washington lately, perhaps we ought to make an effort to get those files we still need before telling everyone all is well"

GOA employee 2 : "Nah"

2+ months to prepare and they are still putting untested (in Europe) files onto the servers at the last minute (or would be if they could actually get them)??????

/em shakes head vigorously

R

Reverant Mezz

Originally posted by Belsameth
any good?
have the demo lying around but haven't bothered yet

yeh one of the best games i've played :D

R

Roalith

Personally, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Gives all of us Brits time to get the game before all of the rest of europe buggers off and explores the SI zones without us.

:D

M

mib666

How many here who wont get there copy until Friday or later have a big Smirk on their face ;), I have

rofl
lmao

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Roalith
Personally, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Gives all of us Brits time to get the game before all of the rest of europe buggers off and explores the SI zones without us.

:D

the thought had crossed my mind :D

S

Sigurd

Yes but at this rate we won't actually be able to play the game at all until Friday... with or without the expansion :rolleyes:

B

Belsameth

try reading the threat, then type.
oh, and caps-lock is above the left shift. use it.

L

liste

Aussie is just a nickname on these forums Xtro. Not all aussies.

Hardly a nation, although, he cries loud enough :p

T

ttillub

They have actually had pretty bad weather there.

Should be ok now and all public services etc. back to normal.

So lets hope Mythic staff promptly compiles those missign binaries and GOA can continue patching.

L

Lurkalot

I can understand the problem with weather, and that there may be files that contain last minute fixes etc.

What I cant understand is, why shut down servers if you havent got the means to get them up and running again in as short a time as possible. It'd be like fromatting your hdrive without first making sure you had your O/S cd, and all your drivers to hand.

Then again we are only missing a day or so of play, I've spent longer (3 days) waiting for GOA to release my character from a mountain which he got stuck behind.

Time for some fresh air and sunlight :)

S

Sigurd

We'd better not miss a day or so of play... I can't survive outside...

N

nerve

Lol at lame explanation

Originally posted by SFXman

I quote myself and show you this:
"test server files don't have to be the same as live server files due to server specific settings"

Sorry, but coming out of the same kind of environment where live situations need to be patched with as low downtime as possible, I can only say to this:

BIG PHAT BULLSHIT!

If you're using different files on your testserver than the ones you're going live with, you are incompetent as a system administrator, sorry I must say this...

I have no problem with the fact that the patching will take way longer, and I think it's a good thing they're hanging in there and not rolling back, but this situation obviously shows that their 'testing' procedure is severely flawed.

I couldn't give a flying fuck though, I only get my copy tomorrow I think, LOL! So instead of DAoC-night it might become on-the-piss night :p

B, bye,

Nerve,

Shopkeeper of Nerve's House of Pain
[Legendary Weaponsmith]

E

Esoteric

"spent longer (3 days) waiting for GOA to release my character from a mountain which he got stuck behind"

LOL

T

Tiwaz

Re: Lol at lame explanation

Originally posted by nerve
If you're using different files on your testserver than the ones you're going live with, you are incompetent as a system administrator, sorry I must say this...
You're absolutely right! I sure hope a french guy or two has red ears:rolleyes:

A

Adralend

Originally posted by Aussie-
I CANNOT LOG IN???????

Reahehehealaaay?

anyway my copy didn't arrive yet anyway..

Soon you shall Fear the Bonedancer on Prydwen mwuahaha!!

M

mark-

Re: Lol at lame explanation

Originally posted by nerve

Right, so they should use the same patcher config? The one that let the testers download the whole of SI? mmkay

A

Adralend

Re: Re: Lol at lame explanation

Originally posted by mark-

Right, so they should use the same patcher config? The one that let the testers download the whole of SI? mmkay

Indeed givf the whole of SI free :)

F

fatgit

hmm
Mythic need to be shown how to use a little thing called "the internet", and how to use remote access such as VNC, PCAnywhere etc to allow their workers to work from home :eek:

Think I'll email em a link to VNC :p

A

aavarn

I am not too bothered about this - I dont have SI atm anyway and probably won't get it until Friday from Amazon.

However this is absolutely shocking project management if it is true and I hope they take sai dproject manager out and shoot him.

That someone else in the Washington office isn't able to access and send the required files sounds highly dubious to me too.

Sounds more like they just haven't finished working on it.

What I can't believe is that they started the patching process without having the necessary files to finish it. Very, very poor IS management and if you worked for my company and did that you'd be sacked :)

N

nerve

Re: Re: Lol at lame explanation

Originally posted by mark-

gladly taken from your own site:

'I just erased part of the forum by accident - so I've disabled it to save myself embarrassment :)'

Seems you know all about quality systems management...

0wned!

Nerve

C

calif101

When they posted this it would of been about 4 or 5 am in the US i bet thety got some guy ( who`s wife turned him down for a bit of u know what) saying get stuffed its 4 am i`ll be in the office at 9am

T

Tesla Monkor

Mythic Employee 1: "Know what, we're gonna have fun with those frogs!"
Mythic Employee 2: "Great idea. Know what, we'll give them the patch to 1.57, but 'forget' to include one file!"
Mythic Employee 1: (Drags all the needed files, minus one, into winzip) "There, done!"
Mythic Employee 2: (To GOA) "Here! I know we don't give you guys much choice in the programming (Insert evil little grin here), buuuut, he's 1.57."
Mythic Employee 1: "Put it aside until next wednesday and install then."
GOA Employee1: "Oui, merci, mon ami!"
Myth 1 + Myth 2: "Let's go home. I hear they expect some snow later today!"

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom