SI: Delayed

S

SFXman

Now I began thinking... no wonder it is delayed due to some "snow storm" when you think Americans have... tihihihih.... ehehe.... hahahaha.... "snow days"... tihihihahaha....
Poor sods can't drive when it snows :rolleyes:
Wonder how some Mythic guy feels when the entire Europe is waiting for his ass to get to work ;)

T

ttillub

http://www.weather.com/weather/print/22030

Looks like weather won't be problem anymore.

Today
Feb 19 Cloudy 42°/28° 20 %
Thu
Feb 20 Partly Cloudy 44°/25° 0 %
Fri
Feb 21 Cloudy 46°/39° 0 %
Sat
Feb 22 Rain 58°/30° 80 %
Sun
Feb 23 Snow 36°/22° 50 %
Mon
Feb 24 Light Snow 32°/19° 60 %
Tue
Feb 25 Partly Cloudy 35°/16° 0 %
Wed
Feb 26 Mostly Cloudy 40°/26° 20 %
Thu
Feb 27 Rain / Snow 47°/31° 60 %
Fri
Feb 28 Partly Cloudy 46°/26° 0 %

I think Mythic could give their staff internet connections so they could do some work from home too :)

R

razorboy

It can only mean one thing.....

it was Derric!!1

P

Pempulla

The whole procedure has been heavily tested on our test servers and everything should go smooth on the live servers.

lol

Just wondering how they tested it 'heavily' if they even didn't have all the necessary files ;)?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Pempulla
Just wondering how they tested it 'heavily' if they even didn't have all the necessary files ;)?
Yeah it is kind of odd isn't it...
Wonder what the files they are missing actually do.

T

Tiwaz

Originally posted by SFXman
Wonder how some Mythic guy feels when the entire Europe is waiting for his ass to get to work ;)

Hehe, my guess is he doen't care a bit. You know Americans - "Finland, isn't that a town in Scandinavia"

B

Belsameth

test server files don't have to be the same as live server files due to server specific settings (as pointed out before)
and, as Alrindel said, it could be a file with last moment fixes

A

Aussie-

HAaaaAaaaaaaaaahahAHa blame the snowstorm for a game that exists for more then 3 months

:great: (middlefinger etc)

O

old.Maronan

Blame Bush!

In reality, we can blame the Bush administration for this incident. I knew that the war drums across the world would interfere with my DAoC playing! :)

So, Bush decides in his hybris to play god. God gets really annoyed with the twit and decides to punish USA. So, he throws a blizzard at the fledgeling terroist nation... And, that prevents the Mythic employee to get to work and us from getting Shrouded Isles!

I knew it! This is the proof! :eek:

B

belth

They propably had 2mm of snow on one day in US and took the week off, just to be safe... You never know, you might get your shoes wet.

O

old.Normengast

Originally posted by Tiwaz

Hehe, my guess is he doen't care a bit. You know Americans - "Finland, isn't that a town in Scandinavia"

lol

K

Kaah-Venom

Winter Storm and CS
from Jeff Hickman
2003-02-16 19:47:56

Hello everyone! I wanted to give you all a quick heads-up on our current in-game support levels. There is a major snowstorm currently affecting the Fairfax, VA area, and in order to keep our CS staff safe we have decreased our staffing levels for the near future. We are taking care of in-game appeals as quickly as we can, though we are definately experiencing severe delays. We will keep you updated with any changes to this over the next couple of days.

B

belth

Wish they'd put the CS in US on hold for 5 minutes to send the files, instead of going thru the "/appeal my sword lost 1% con, it's not working as intended"...

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by belth
They propably had 2mm of snow on one day in US and took the week off, just to be safe... You never know, you might get your shoes wet.

Someone probably described the snow as 'unknown biological powder-like substance, Anthrax spores suspected...' Now the whole east coast has been quarantined and declared a federal biohazard area.... Mythic workers are receiving their Small Pox/Anthrax/xxxxx vaccines at the time with military personnel poking at their private parts...

D

Draigo

Hey Mr snowbound Mythic worker FTP those files into work you numpty :rolleyes:

Nice attempt GOA, does Anyone really believe the snowbound workers, last minute file story

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Belsameth
why?
on the herald they made a comment as well about the snowstorm.
some things can't be prevented, no use blaming/flaming GOA about the weather in the US.

amen, now back to making a SC template for my sm :)

ooh, maybe do some work too, naah :p

A

agraucred

Originally posted by mcirvine
Can't believe they cannot access their servers from home to send those frigging files?

i was thinking that, although i guess some kind of VPN setup is too much of an arse if you can simply drive/walk/ski to work.

A

Alrindel

Tell us a better story, then.

With pirates and ninjas and bears.

And space aliens.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by belth
LOL!
Just what I was thinking :D

A

agraucred

oh, and since they now have nothing better to do:

subscription team.. GIFV SUBSCRIPTION PASSWORD!!!

P

PJS

We were supposed to receive the last files needed for the installation of Shrouded Isles on the production servers at the beginning of this week. These files are compiled and distributed by the Mythic's teams but, since the beginning of the week, a heavy snow storm is striking the area of Washington (where Mythic's office is located), preventing many members of their team to go to work and among them, the ones taking care of the patches. We did not receive some of the key elements yet and the launching process of Shrouded Isles is therefore delayed.

SOOOO What the hell have they been closed testing with then?

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Alrindel
Tell us a better story, then.

With pirates and ninjas and bears.

And space aliens.

Pirates invaded Mythic HQ, allowing the Ninja's to escape and assasinate GOA's patching team.

in all this Chaos Bears and Space Aliens formed an alliance and ate the floppies containing the update, both at Mythic and here at GOA.

R

Reverant Mezz

woot guess i can stop moaning about gameplay.com changing their release date now :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by SFXman

Someone already explained this.
I quote myself and show you this:
"test server files don't have to be the same as live server files due to server specific settings (as pointed out before)
and, as Alrindel said, it could be a file with last moment fixes"

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Originally posted by Belsameth
Pirates invaded Mythic HQ, allowing the Ninja's to escape and assasinate GOA's patching team.

in all this Chaos Bears and Space Aliens formed an alliance and ate the floppies containing the update, both at Mythic and here at GOA.

FFS GOA, installing simple laser cannons on your HQ would have prevented Aliens from invading Earth.

GOA can't do anything right. :(

B

belth

Originally posted by PJS
SOOOO What the hell have they been closed testing with then?

A server specific file with the content

"Lothian"

instead of

"Excalibur"

:p

M

Mr TNT

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
Did anyone here actually expect this to go smoothly?

Anyone?

so ture :p when u know there going to be a patch done no point ever trying to load up daoc.. :D

R

Reverant Mezz

goddamn it i just completed splinter cell too :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom