SI: Delayed

S

SFXman

Damn, you beat me at the topic... I was writing it as this thread appeared :)

K

kr0n

|13:32:16| < Kemor> news coming up in a bit
|13:32:21| < Kemor> title:
|13:32:30| < Kemor> SI: delayed :)
|13:32:58| < Kemor> bloody storm over washington and Mythic guys can't come to office
|13:34:14| < Kemor> well, plan for now is to keep on patching procedure till 4pm or so
|13:34:19| < Kemor> contact Mythic (diff timezone)
|13:34:21| < Kemor> and work overnight
|13:34:23| < Kemor> to patch
|13:35:33| < Kemor> servers will be down till late in the night I think
|13:36:29| < Kemor> all servers affected

And for conclusion,

|13:36:42| < Kemor> yea, blame derric
|13:36:44| < Kemor> :)

:)

B

Belsameth

why?
on the herald they made a comment as well about the snowstorm.
some things can't be prevented, no use blaming/flaming GOA about the weather in the US.

R

Ragnarok1978

Ah well, won't affect me much anyways, as I won't have SI till tomorrow earliest, hehe :p

B

BrassMonkey

since the beginning of the week, a heavy snow storm is striking the area of Washington (where Mythic's office is located), preventing many members of their team to go to work and among them, the ones taking care of the patches.

Nerf the weather. It proves one thing...the washington mythic lot aren't midgardians.

T

Tharion

FFS give americans driving skillz.

Snow storm ??

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Did anyone here actually expect this to go smoothly?

Anyone?

P

Piper

I guess they -could- have sent the files a while ago instead of waiting until the last minute, then the weather wouldn't have mattered :-(

B

Belsameth

not as smoothly as hoped, better then this tho :)

T

Teh Fonz!!1

How long have Mythic had the Shrouded Isles patch on their hard drives? :D

M

mid_Efour

i know the real reason, cos my copy didnt arrive the whole world revolves arround me i knew it ! :p

B

Belsameth

they're most likely different for us tho, the always have been.

G

g0ldenbone

As long as its working on Friday when I get home from work, I dont give a monkeys :) .

Shame for all he students/slackers/skivvers/people with days off though..

R

Ragnarok1978

Originally posted by Piper
I guess they -could- have sent the files a while ago instead of waiting until the last minute, then the weather wouldn't have mattered :-(

Well they've had the snowstorm problems the last 4 days or so, so last minute was probably never the plan.

Anyways I am not that much into how they workd it out between GOA and Mythic, but I would guess the files could not be completed till GOA finished the networking maintainance to give IPs, etc. but you never know.

G

gengi

:rolleyes: Er how do the GOA translators and the testers translate and test the patches in Europe if they do not get them till patch day from Mythic in Washington ?

Or am I being unusualy thick :confused: :confused:

Later

Gengee

E

Esoteric

Derric you go and create another problem I mean geese do you ever give up destroying peoples fun.

I

ImLestat

I bet that "snow storm" isn't much worse than the weather we've got up here in northern Sweden just about every day during the winter. :p

M

mavericky

It's odd that they wait until the last day for some files, the US had SI months ago..... ah well, my copy hasnt arrived yet anyway, guess the prayer that everyone else couldnt play too worked :flame:

T

Tilda

im not too bothered, my SI will arrive tomorrow, that gives me today to sort out my new computer, it also means that my quest to be the first lvl 50 necromancer on alb excal may still be in with a chance

/em hopes the severs come up at 3pm tomorrow afternoon ;)

having said that, im sure that someone will get pissed off, but yes its mildly annoying that i wont be able to play tonight, but i can always do work etc so i have more time to play during the rest of the week.

Tilda

B

Belsameth

it's doubtfull each part of the patch has text that needs to be translated and such, on top of that it could be a part which contained server specific information, or fixes from later patches (like we had the Dam Add nerf a patch sooner then the US guys)

B

Blayke

<sniff sniff> Hmm whats that smell, pigs? sheep? no, its bullsheet!!

Sounds like Goa are reading the same book of excuses as British Rail. There's a leaf on the line, cancel everything!!

/sarcasm off

A

Apathy

I think a better analogy would be "There are no tracks! Cancel everything!".

a.

E

eynar

Had to laugh at goa's comment tho: We were supposed to receive the last files needed for the installation of Shrouded Isles on the production servers at the beginning of this week. These files are compiled and distributed by the Mythic's teams but, since the beginning of the week, a heavy snow storm is striking the area of Washington (where Mythic's office is located), preventing many members of their team to go to work and among them, the ones taking care of the patches. We did not receive some of the key elements yet and the launching process of Shrouded Isles is therefore delayed.

I wonder how communication between Mythic and Goa goes btw...goa makes it seem as if one of their employees gave a Mythic employee a call yesterday, asking him to send him those patch files quickly, cuz we're patching to SI tomorrow...?

They aren't completely clear in their statement btw, do they mean all servers will be down until late in the night now or?

A

Alrindel

These are presumably the last bug fixes based on the tests GOA has been doing for the past few weeks. Bear in mind that GOA is 100% dependent on Mythic to supply all the binary files that make the game go, and that they are not the same ones that Mythic uses themselves - they are specifically compiled for the european release. What a pain. :(
goa makes it seem as if one of their employees gave a Mythic employee a call yesterday, asking him to send him those patch files quickly, cuz we're patching to SI tomorrow...?
What it sounds like to me is that GOA asked Mythic, "are you sure you can provide us with everything we need to patch on the 19th?" and they said, "yeah, sure, no problem, we'll be ready." :doh:

G

gengi

wow lots of posts while I was typing mine:rolleyes:

I am teh slow typer :m00: :clap:

Gengee

And I do not get home from work till next Thursday so as long as the wife has the patches loaded by then I should be ok :D

M

mcirvine

Can't believe they cannot access their servers from home to send those frigging files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom