Shammy spec

living

Fledgling Freddie
Can't figure this one out, some say 50aug for buff shearing is todays rvr and others say go max cave. One thing that i want is decent buffs tho so i soent alot of points on that, just cant pick a final spec .. something along 16mend 37aug 36cave sounds interresting (2nd best aoe dot and yellow buffs) but i dont know :>

Please come with some advises on what works best for getting grps in rvr today :)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
living said:
Can't figure this one out, some say 50aug for buff shearing is todays rvr and others say go max cave. One thing that i want is decent buffs tho so i soent alot of points on that, just cant pick a final spec .. something along 16mend 37aug 36cave sounds interresting (2nd best aoe dot and yellow buffs) but i dont know :>

Please come with some advises on what works best for getting grps in rvr today :)

44aug/31cave/4mend

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Out of curiosity: who says you should go 50 aug, and who says you should go max cave? :p

Listen to Sigel imo - he's a kobbie shammy irl.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
44aug/31cave/4mend
sounds decent, little mend but can be replased with some +'s. The cave tips came from shamans level 40-50 and the buffshears people was mostly level50 tanks reply :)

Think that spec will hold in NF too?

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
living said:
sounds decent, little mend but can be replased with some +'s. The cave tips came from shamans level 40-50 and the buffshears people was mostly level50 tanks reply :)

Think that spec will hold in NF too?

yea it will hold, you have cave needed to the spells you need, and you get Mastery of Focus in NF, so the specc will hold even better in nf...

and about the little mend, you dont need more, you get group cure dissease in ml perfector line. 50 aug is overkill. full cave is overkill... if you absolutly dont want 44/31/4 you can go 37/39/4. but i would go (i am) 44/31/4.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
-44 Aug = Last AE Con shear and nice resists
also makes u more grp friendly

-27 cave = all the interupting tweaks (pb disease, ae dot etc)
Note u will be shit solo but great in grps as ur ae dot is just a tickle and ae root is short duration, but since ur main function is interupt that isnt important. And u will never use ae dot when u are in a grp

-15 mend = Better than the baseline, 25% rez (i.e 25% power 25% hp)
Alot better to be able to rez a healer on 25% power when ur the last one able to do so, specially with nf round the corner and the end/hp/pow regen

Works great for me, and very versatile (means u can be a buffbot too with 25% buff)
Spec courtesy of hellsraiser

living

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like there is no "fotm" spec in shamans, they all got their own reasons for how they specced and it is just about finding the one u like, my only must is around 37-44aug for some good buffs. Shame respecs are 7p in houseing on excal tho, but none the less i can try one of em out and respec when nf will be here :)

So far im 18mend 37aug and 15cave at level 43, the mend jumped too high due to lag reasons.. *curses* but it dosen't bother me too much tho, the level 18 spec heal is quite efficient compared to my baseline one. :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
27 cave is minimum you can go
fortunately u can still go 43 aug and only miss the ae con debuff

living

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
27 cave is minimum you can go
fortunately u can still go 43 aug and only miss the ae con debuff

oki so 18mend 43aug and 27cave is what i will try until NF is out i think, most of my time will be getting items and such as i dont have any other characters on the server :) And that will work best for this case i belive :) Just need to figure out 1-3 artis that a shaman has good use for and dont need a lifetime to level (hence i tried to level the ring that gives AE pulses on camlann, i reeeealy regrettet that as a solo 48bd)

Himse

FH is my second home
Roteca said:
44aug/31cave/4mend

agree, at 44 aug u get aoe con shear which is real handy :)

you also get nice dot and root to help interupt casters

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
living said:
oki so 18mend 43aug and 27cave is what i will try until NF is out i think, most of my time will be getting items and such as i dont have any other characters on the server :) And that will work best for this case i belive :) Just need to figure out 1-3 artis that a shaman has good use for and dont need a lifetime to level (hence i tried to level the ring that gives AE pulses on camlann, i reeeealy regrettet that as a solo 48bd)

there is many diffrent artis you can get and have a decent template. it mostly depends on what abilitys you want. 1 thing i can recomend to get is ceremonial bracer. i didnt get it, and now i cba to redo template, so i regret i didnt take it in the start. So thats 1 arti.

another 1 is Cloudsong, gives 5% cast speed. and its easy to level.
Scorp ring is nice (thou you need to get some other pretty high UT items) as you dont need to level it, and gives you 4% cast speed.

the problem if you want to get your cast speed from thoose 2 artis is that they are both low UT, scorp ring gives 0 stats/resist/skill. Cloudsong dont give so much either, 8 Ut pts on that. so if you want good stats and high resist and maybe some +skill you need decently good items on the rest.

also you prolly want a shapeshift item. dream sphere is pretty easy to level. (levels in moderna, were its not so hard to get a grp as a shammi i think)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
there is many diffrent artis you can get and have a decent template. it mostly depends on what abilitys you want. 1 thing i can recomend to get is ceremonial bracer. i didnt get it, and now i cba to redo template, so i regret i didnt take it in the start. So thats 1 arti.

another 1 is Cloudsong, gives 5% cast speed. and its easy to level.
Scorp ring is nice (thou you need to get some other pretty high UT items) as you dont need to level it, and gives you 4% cast speed.

the problem if you want to get your cast speed from thoose 2 artis is that they are both low UT, scorp ring gives 0 stats/resist/skill. Cloudsong dont give so much either, 8 Ut pts on that. so if you want good stats and high resist and maybe some +skill you need decently good items on the rest.

also you prolly want a shapeshift item. dream sphere is pretty easy to level. (levels in moderna, were its not so hard to get a grp as a shammi i think)

And so does cloudsong i was just told, so ill definately get Cloudsong and dreamsphere (a m8 of mine got it for me + scrool 1 and 2) but hes banned for another 2 weeks.. gah ;>

Isen't cloudsong very hard to get (drops very rare?) If so will it be very expensive in houseing ya think? got 10p now.. hehe

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
living said:
And so does cloudsong i was just told, so ill definately get Cloudsong and dreamsphere (a m8 of mine got it for me + scrool 1 and 2) but hes banned for another 2 weeks.. gah ;>

Isen't cloudsong very hard to get (drops very rare?) If so will it be very expensive in houseing ya think? got 10p now.. hehe

well, i dont rmbr droprate for sure, but i recall its like 30% or if it was 15%. not that high, and mob has annoying spawn rate. but, its very easy to kill if you know how to, takes 3 ppl approx. maybe 4.

I couldnt be arsed to wait for it to drop myself, and back in the beggining of toa it costed me 30p if i dont rmbr wrong, but it shouldnt cost that much now. but still much. but money is easy farmed. both from DF, but what makes even more profit is when you can enter ml7 dungeon. some scrolls there sell for way to much depending on server you are on. but atleast on excal they sell for sick amounts.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
well, i dont rmbr droprate for sure, but i recall its like 30% or if it was 15%. not that high, and mob has annoying spawn rate. but, its very easy to kill if you know how to, takes 3 ppl approx. maybe 4.

I couldnt be arsed to wait for it to drop myself, and back in the beggining of toa it costed me 30p if i dont rmbr wrong, but it shouldnt cost that much now. but still much. but money is easy farmed. both from DF, but what makes even more profit is when you can enter ml7 dungeon. some scrolls there sell for way to much depending on server you are on. but atleast on excal they sell for sick amounts.

It is for 60p on excal, no wonder tho :> I helped to kill it before but after 4 trys we gave up and logged, no cloak :)

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
or you can go 1337 style ;D

50 cave /20 mend and have a buff bot for buffs ;D

/mr.kinky

Hakansson

Fledgling Freddie
It's fully doable with 2 ppl ^^ , used to do it often , but still the twat mob didn't drop cloak for like 10+ tries so i got tired

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Wow those prices make me glad I'm hib, where things are cheap (<3 animists).

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Cloudsong - all you need is a good shammy and a warrior. Droprate can suck.. and poprate can be a bitch.

Yesterday I took Eramai(cloudsong) 2 times in 1 hour and cloak dropped both times :)

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
living said:

44 aug, rest cave.. Found that spec most useful in rvr on lancelot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom