Good spec for thid valk

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Im thinking of giving valk a shot in thid. What are the best spec options for s/s or spear? I messed around with charplan and found 18 shield, 15 sword, 17 OW, 16 mend. Looks like a nice survivability spec. Any suggestions? (Corn?)

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
there are so many specs that you can roll a valk tbh.

Imo for thid i'd prefer a pure spear, ow spec or something

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Spear and OW is nice, but I want some combat healing to survive if I get jumped by more than one. I figure s/s probably better for soloing, since I can wear my opponent down eventually.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
ma rvr valk (50 lvl - s/s mend spec - a bit OW for interrupts) is specced on the way that you prefer to go for thid.

Ye its ok i agree that with shield and mend you'll be more balanced etc but with spear, ow you will do almost double dmg.

Valk imo is like sb. It depends what player likes to play.

If you ask 10 players who play Valk to tell you the best spec that they think about, i bet that they'll tell you 10 different specs :p

I hope that you will find a proper spec to roll, cause Valk is really Op :clap:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'm not at home, so don't have my charplan right here, but I'll look into, aswell as a template once I get home :)

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Cool, thanks Corn. I found 16 spear, 19 OW, 22 Mend for a spec with more damage and big combat heals. I won't go all out on damage, with such op heals available, but Im open to ideas. Regarding temp, can you make it level 31 armor, with melee Ill wear 51 gear out too fast to wanna re-SC.

cheers

CorNokZ

I'll make it lvl31, no worries, but it won't be today and possibly not until Friday. I'm very busy with school, GF's new apartment and my brother returning from Afghanistan in two days, so I have a lot on my mind atm :)

Promise you I'll look into once I get some spare time

So do you wanna be spear or s/s? The last option seems to be what most people want

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
I think Xomer convinced me to go spear. I figure with 22 mend, 19 OW and 15 spear, Ill do good damage and have the wooping pbaoe heal to make up for lack of shield.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
About the gear level I just realized I wont need repair on 51 gear unless its +skill, so go ahead with the high level items, and just do +skills on one or two level 31 items. Cheers!

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
I havent been to molvik or leirvik lately, but from keep-take spams I reckon they are pretty busy. I play thidranki mostly and theres always action. Mids usually hold ck, but many are x-realmers so now and then a lot of albs or hibs log in and fight for dominion.

Btw Corn, how do you calculate the bonuslevel on the SCed items?

CorNokZ

About the gear level I just realized I wont need repair on 51 gear unless its +skill, so go ahead with the high level items, and just do +skills on one or two level 31 items. Cheers!
Haven't had time yet.. Will see if I can do it tonight
Btw Corn, how do you calculate the bonuslevel on the SCed items?
GearBunny Classic does the lvl calculations

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
This post was about the spec, and I havent got a single reply with a spec suggestion. Im considering 16 spear, 19 OW, 22 mend, but Im not sure 16 spear will be enough. Theres also 21 spear, 19 OW, 16 mend, 7 parry, with more damage, but missing the best HOT and pbaoe heal.

CorNokZ

Just test it out yourself..

I'd first try out 15spear, 22mend, 19OW and 6parry. If the damage was too low I'd go 18spear, 22mend and 17OW

If neither of those were any good to me, I'd probably go S/S

CorNokZ

Just test it out yourself..

I'd first try out 15spear, 22mend, 19OW and 6parry. If the damage was too low I'd go 18spear, 22mend and 17OW

If neither of those were any good to me, I'd probably go S/S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom