Shadowblade petition.

O

old.Elrond

Fact of the matter is I dont give a flying fuck if scouts are overpowered or not, unlike you I dont hold petty grudges and go around trying to get people nerfed.

If your rr5+ tanks buffed lose to shadowblades then I can assure you they are the ones who suck. Any shadowblade will tell you its foolish to attack rr6+ tanks when they are fully buffed, but I guess you wouldn't know about that would you.

Point is, you are a clueless noob as you haven't played an assasin to level 50 rr5...until then, cry more! halfwit.

O

old.[BF]MaD

i have played several not that its any of ur business and i dont need to explain myself to u.

go on irc #celticfist , ask Madeleine what he thinks of killing rr6+ buffed tanks ok ? (rr7+ sb on exca)
u have never tried , nor will u ever as u prolly are scared shitless of them. my last post on the matter as its impossible to get something into your thick skull about your precious little sb class.

FACT is that they ARE overpowered in this patch , twist it any way u want to. 90% of daoc players will tell u that if not more.

ps : ur little screeny of ur sb reminded me of another fact that sbs have 2000+ hps when buffed -> almost as much as buffed tanks.
In fact madeleine also has a rr7+ skald which has less hps then her sb. that doesnt strike u ass odd hmm ?

O

old.Elrond

fact is you have NOT played one and have no clue if they are hard or not, all you hear about is the freak occurences when sb's win, well let me tell you its not like that 95% of the time. I think you are just on a crusade as your precious merc got killed once or twice and you think it should be against the rules, sorry buddy, if you or your rr6+ tank friends on excal are dumb enough to die to shadowblades on a regular basis there is nothing I can do to help.

O

old.[BF]MaD

FACT is u have NOT played a tank (tho sbs have tank hps)

and u are wrong there matey

u already helped me by killing other tanks on prydwen
and now u are getting nerfed , cya

S

Solid

personally dont see a problem with a FULLY BUFFED RR7 char killign a FULLY BUFFED RR6 char, whats yur beef?

if you had Purge and IP and all the free nice RA's that pure melee classes get there is no way a Merc with 2000hp (+2000 more with IP) and 1800 weaponskill (you did say you were buffed, there is no way a Str/Con debuff can take 1800 weaponskill down to 1200 whatever bullshit you claim) can lose to a RR7 SB if said merc had even a small clue how to play their class.

There is noway any person should be advocating OVERnerfing a class, your just plain cuntish (cant think of a better word to descrivbe your attitude)

Not that the SB nerf will end there, post 1.62 SB will be visibly the worst assasin of all 3, the other two will get as many "NERF!!!11" threads dedicated to them and your precious overpowered Infils will b next for the nerf bat (meanwhile the oh so clever devs at Mythic will beef up their beloved manachanters a leedle beet more)

Word up to Mythic CLass balance, we salute you, you rock!!!11

O

old.Elrond

I have played a tank :) go home to vn boards please we don't want your sort here!

O

old.[BF]MaD

more clueless whiners please ! we need more !

O

old.Elrond

oh oh I must get the last word etc ;) get off my boards troll!

A

Astraad

I have both a tank and an SB and i can tell u that my thane gets his ass handed to him on a plate 80% of the time i fight an inf. My SB will get his ass handed to him on a plate 100% of the time he takes on an Armsman or a Paladin (and hes Crit specced not LA). My SB will lose 75% of duels with other stealth classes buffed or otherwise. The only targets i can PA for more than 300 are casters and even then its for about 380 (with 2h TG SB sword). When i try to duel wield i get a huge dmg penalty, when i go toe-to-toe with an Infil or a Nightshade my 2h will almost always be evaded (then comes DragonFang).
Ppl whine so much about nerfing classes taht eventually they become almost pointless to roll in the first place. The BD Sup nerf and the savage nerf will be soon coming i guess. How the hell u can whine about being on the recieving end of the nerf bat with a minstrel is anyones guess. I've seen them solo tanks in emain on a few occasions recently, u get stealth, speed, stun, ablative chants ( have i missed anything ?).

buy a clue b4 whining more plz

Z

zapzap

Iam RR 7l1 SB and I see a merc Not even worth trying friar yes but merc baaaaaa suicede. But can get lucky, hi even mange to staff kill an infil with my sm so all is possible and yes u might get lucky and evade 20 in a row and have end potion second wind ROH 3 and still loose to a merc.

Can kill tanks rr6 or 7 yes not like it use to be , the evade nerf hit hard.

Debuff on a merc thrust = dex+str dont see his weapskill drop much and taking 4000 hp is just a joke then.

O

old.[BF]MaD

Originally posted by Astraad
I have both a tank and an SB and i can tell u that my thane gets his ass handed to him on a plate 80% of the time i fight an inf. My SB will get his ass handed to him on a plate 100% of the time he takes on an Armsman or a Paladin (and hes Crit specced not LA).

My SB will lose 75% of duels with other stealth classes buffed or otherwise.
buy a clue b4 whining more plz

- this nerf is about LA , critblades dont get nerfed
- if ur sb loses 75% of duels vs stealthers , look at ur own char befor reaching out and crying to others

A

Astraad

- this nerf ia about LA, critblades dont get nerfed

Congratulations, what happens when LA gets nerfed? .... more critblades....

- if ur sb loses 75% of duels vs stealthers , look at ur own char before reaching out and crying to others

Crying to whom? reaching out???? my char is a critblade u idiot, try rolling one to a decent level and hitting an infil or a shade... oh wait thats right u dont know wtf ur talking about.

Like I said... buy a clue

C

Caeli

So SBs gets LA nerfed but we can just spec crit instead. But that line sucks aswell so then we should fight with 2H since that's so uber? But wait, we should use LA since both weapons swing at the same time and we can land 2 poisons in the first round then. But wait, LA sucks so we specced crit instead... Umm, maybe we can... umm... dunno. Delete and get a refund?

O

oldtimer

>FACT is that they ARE overpowered in this patch , twist it any way u want to. 90% of daoc players will tell u that if not more.

Gosh you dont even know the difference between a fact and an opinion. What you are campaigning for is purly based on your opinion not FACTS. To get to an objective situation you have to compare the shadowzerker's abilities to what the other realms' assassins are able to accomplish. When you have done that come back and show us the result of your research. Until then you simply dont have a case. Period.

J

Jenna.

<Black Falcons>
Exca
Madtank - RR6+ - Mercenary Master (inactive til people learn how not to zerg)
Madnuts - RR3+ - Minstrel Virtuoso (inactive til people learn how not to zerg)
Mad - RR5L3 - Minstrel Virtuoso (retired november 2002)

Pryd
Madtank - RR1L5 - Savage FotM lvl 40+

What did you expect from an alb from excal? Prolly some jajaja-xDD who got pwned irl

F

Farnis

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD

- if ur sb loses 75% of duels vs stealthers , look at ur own char befor reaching out and crying to others

erm - aint that what you are doing?
tbh Id just ignore this guy - he sounds like a bit of a cunt...typical vnboard x-realm troll.

Sorry for the profanity.

B

Berz Blackburn

FACT is u have NOT played a tank (tho sbs have tank hps)

Hhaha nice facts indeed, SB's are on rogue hp table so are Skalds, thats why SB's can get the same hp as Skalds.

I usually go for any classes with my SB cauz i like the challenge even if i know i'm gonna loose silly. Been landing PA+CD+debuffs+dots etc i still lost big time the merc still having 50%hp.

Plus i'm playing a merc also i know pretty well how strong they are.

I keep seeing infils taking lots of tanks down, thats warrior, berzerker, thanes whatever.

May be i should let u play my SB, then come back to me claiming u killed one tank, i think i wont see for a long time :)

And also :

Only 2 sbs have killed me ONCE in true 1vs1. i am not the only tank that has been killed by sbs over and over again ?

Use your brain before you post?

In fact madeleine also has a rr7+ skald which has less hps then her sb. that doesnt strike u ass odd hmm ?

Read above...

ps : ur little screeny of ur sb reminded me of another fact that sbs have 2000+ hps when buffed -> almost as much as buffed tanks.

Only the Norse SB can get over the 2000hp because they have the highest CON so they can get as much as Thanes/Skalds HP as these are on the rogue hp table. Warriors fully buffed go over 2400 for your information.
My SB is a kobold and fully buffed with aug shaman i barely reach more than 1800hp.

if ur sb loses 75% of duels vs stealthers , look at ur own char befor reaching out and crying to others

May be you should play an SB vs an infil with dragonfang ?
You call SB DF spamming chars, but infil's got spam dragonfang4tehwin, u know that style that only requiere a simple evade to stun your target for 9seconds? SB got a stun style IN LEFT AXE LINE that requieres you 1) to evade 2) to hit a chain style AND then if your lucky to land that one then your enemy will be stunned FOR 6 SECONDS. Plus infils got 2.5x spec pts so they can get the same spec as an SB but they can put more pts in envenom and such thus they can get high weapon spec with Lifebane while SBs has got to reach rr5+ to get lifebane.

All these ARE FACTS. Dont claim u got facts as u never got a clue.

S

Solid

to the Excal JAJA boy, all I can say is

"Doink!"

O

old.Emma

to be honest it doesn't supprise me one bit that alb excal tanks are getting owned by SB`s 99.9% of you dont have a flippin clue about what to do. Wish my SB was uber like all those excal though i can`t seem to kill tanks that are higher than rr4 unless there afk or unbuffed :(

funny how you say mercs cant beat an SB Fadeh kinda nearly 4 shot my SB the other day and i barely scratched him. i guess tanks must really suck then :(

T

Tranquil-

I take it Prydwen Shadowblades suck majorly compared to the fucking meatgrinders on Excal then, in the same fashion that alb/excal tanks suck majorly compared to pryd tanks. :rolleyes:

Nah, but seriously. The point is that buffed SB's fullspecced in LA did far too much damage, that's unquestionable. You guys claiming to do low damage means that you must be unbuffed or have a low LA spec. LA is what is getting nerfed, what good is there to put out 'evidence', when that evidence is LA melee damage done by a critblade? Heh.

The LA change can also mean that Mythic wants to remove the all out stealther wars that go on these days. If they take away one assassin from the stealthwar equation, that assassin needs to attack other targets, like casters or supportclasses.

Shadowzerkers are the ones who do the most physical damage, through their LA styles. Nerf that and lookie, they removed the subclass with the greatest disrepancy from what MYTHIC perhaps thinks the assassin class should perform like. Obviously they didn't want rogues doing tank melee damage in normal melee. Remember that this nerf doesn't mean they won't make other changes for the better to Shadowblades in later patches.

Originally posted by old.Elrond
what about those damn scouts, i got hit for 550 then 640 yesterday (non crit shots)...is that overpowered? ;) who know's, I don't object to it anyway, u guys shoot hard, i get over it etc, seems some ppl seem to hold a lasting grudge though.

How do you know it wasn't a CritShot?

If that was normalshots, you were unbuffed or you have fuck all of resistances AND they got a crit. A 550 dmg normalshot means a 1100 CritShot and that is impossible unless you have some RR10 Scout with 50 bowspec hidden away on Prydwen. AND he capped on you on the first shot and got a crit on the second.

What's more likely is that he got a crit on both shots and you didn't have any AF buffs.

B

Berz Blackburn

Originally posted by Tranquil-

Shadowzerkers are the ones who do the most physical damage, through their LA styles. Nerf that and lookie, they removed the subclass with the greatest disrepancy from what MYTHIC perhaps thinks the assassin class should perform like. Obviously they didn't want rogues doing tank melee damage in normal melee. Remember that this nerf doesn't mean they won't make other changes for the better to Shadowblades in later patches.

If u had more clues about shadowzerkers u would have noticed that to make one you need to drop some other spec like CS for example thus you can't PA+CD etc and thus deal alot less dmg.

PA+CD is very important for an assassin, i remember beeing PA'ed for 900ish on my skald to a buffed infil and my gf who's playing a shaman (wish SC'ed gear etc) beeing PA'ed by Rambo for 1350 dmg , ye its a crit but still u got my point with the PA dmg beeing important? Shadowzerker can't PA and can't CD thus can't stun unless they evade+hit the chain style. The only good spec is the 5spec sb and u got to spec LA to 39~ to be able to get PA+CD and some decent envenom along with 35~ stealth....
SBs are suffering allready about the spec pts (like the NS) against the infils having 2.5x, even if LA dmg is greater than DW i think its fair considering the spec pts....

Plus i gotta love the ppl that got no clues.

I have been playing since december 2001 and played most of the characters in the game and i can tell u SB's are NOT overpowered and are still struggling against other assassins.

Look at the assassins RA's, Infil : Vanish, PA+CD+vanish+PA+CD tell u something?
Nightshade : Viper, double the envenom effectiveness, a ns with lifebane can double the dot dmg..
Shadowblade : Shadowrun lol tell me in what it increases the SB dmg output ? Cool we can run away faster from other assassins w000t.

O

old.Elrond

Anything is possible with those scout hits, I wasn't buffed correct, I dont have a buffbot etc, my armour is fine and dandy though check my sig link if u want :) Don't get me wrong I'm not whining about scouts I just used it to illustrate the point that some classes can hit very hard, but I don't hold a grudge. I assume they weren't critshots as the second hit harder than the first and they came in fast, now I'm not an archer expect but I thought a critshot took a while to fire off and did like 700-800 damage or so...but please enlighten me if I'm wrong. (normal shots with a normal crit on both maybe?)

Tranquil, full LA spec shadowblades did lots of damage yes, but I don't think that is unreasonable considering they have to give up their whole critstrike line to achieve it. I also think it is unreasonable that ALL the shadowblades who use left axe have to suffer because of a few people who had an extreme spec. As a 5 spec shadowblade I'm going to suffer a lot as I never had the big hits in the first place...I've done numerous tests and compared to rogue damage posted by infil/ns and it is approximately the same, maybe a little more? it depends, but shadowblades have other drawbacks which justify that imo. I doublefrost casters with good armour for about 180 mainhand and decreasing from there as the targets get better armour, there is no way I'll ever rip up a rr6 tank putting out those figures.

Oh btw...with regards to shadowblades having 2000+ hp buffed, I get 1997 but also remember I had to buy aug con 2 toughness 2 so I guess a skald/thane with the same ra's would have more hp.

O

old.Elrond

Oh and also, mid AF buff don't do anything when you have capped AF from armour.

A

Astraad

Originally posted by Farnis

tbh Id just ignore this guy - he sounds like a bit of a cunt...typical vnboard x-realm troll.

I wouldnt usually bother Famis but i've read so many nerf threads recently about how SB's are overpowered and how much ppl will enjoy watching them being nerfed (usually from ppl who have been killed once by them or have no f*cking clue) that i thought i'd give my 2p's worth

O

old.[BF]MaD

Originally posted by old.Elrond
Tranquil, full LA spec shadowblades did lots of damage yes,

THANK YOU - FINALLY

as i was always talking about THIS spec , but u had to come put ur nose and ur 5-spec sb in it.
Critblades will still be viable option, and shadowzerks that have NO cs-line whatsoever will be nerfed beyond repair.
And all these posts that defend sbs are either about people who dont have high LA spec or they come talk about how overpowered Infils are. The discussion was always about buffed high LA spec sbs vs ANY other char in this game, not just vs infils.

-that- needs a nerf , i never said otherwise ?
and yes the meatgrinders on exca i mentioned are both 50 LA 50 Axe. why need PA if u can be a mini-zerker ?

A

Astraad

Critblades will still be viable option, and shadowzerks that have NO cs-line whatsoever will be nerfed beyond repair.

OMG u still dont get it do you? try rolling a critblade and see how viable it is, you clearly don't know the first thing about sb's and you continue at display this complete lack of knowledge here on the Midgard forum... are you hoping for support here?
Hopefully u will understand this; because SZ's dont get 2.5 spec points like ur infil friends they have to sacrifice the CS line ( u with me so far ?) and tbh who can blame them for wanting to do more dmg as 2h critblades are not a viable option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom