Sfiv - sonic boom!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone got the PC version? is it crossplatform with the 360?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Linkies not working. What's with dissing T.Hawk ? :eek:
the page is down it seems. It's the only place where they've released screens, so you'll probably have to wait a little before capcom decides that we should see them :)

as for SSFIV, i'm pretty sure we'll see a whole new roster, with the old peeps included. Expect characters like Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Cody, and Makoto to show up.

as for T. Hawk... Jab > Cyclone - Nuff' said :eek:

/edit: half of the screenies I've posted above, includes a evil lady called Juri never seen before in the SF universe ;) good stuff.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Juri = meh
T. Hawk = meh

Where's DJay... "hoooooooooVAR!"

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
cool. this better be DLC though.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
cool. this better be DLC though.

I think they can justify a new game with the 8 new characters, new moves to the excisting ones, improved online play and lots of tweaks.

I've read that those who has SFIV already, may get it cheaper though :) They may release two different editions or something.

from the link I posted above
blablabla... Which begs the question: why an all-new title, and not just a range of DLC? Ono says the changes are so extensive that they couldn't just be tacked on, so a disc release was necessary. Those crying "RIP OFF" should know that the game "won't be sold at full price", and that those owning both the original and Super will are in store for an as-yet-unspecified treat.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
or let me just copy a post I found on another forum. I totally agree with him :)

Why is it DLC!!?!one?! WHINE WHINE ETC

Let's run down the rumours again (bearing in mind that everything that has so far been revealed was included in these rumours initially):

Ten new characters:
- Dee Jay
- T Hawk
- Dudley
- Makoto
- Ibuki
- Adon
- Cody
- Guy
- Hakan
- Juri

I'm listing these out to emphasise how much work designing, animating and balancing will be involved for each of these characters (not to mention all the new design, animation and balancing for the current cast, that includes re-balancing etc the arcade cast and the polishing the the majority of console cast so that they are 'viable' competitively) (and not to mention the amount of loke testing that will be required to get the game half as balanced as the most balanced Street Fighter to date: vanilla SFIV). Not to mention voice work.

SRK.com's SFIV: Dash thread ran to over 100 pages, I'm pretty sure and the precis list of changes submitted by experts to Capcom ran to about a page and half of bullet points for each character.

Street Fighter IV was released in July 2008 (pretty well balanced) in the arcades and February 2009 (on consoles, still pretty well balanced despite the fact that the console cast never really had much going for them). SSFIV looks set to release in February 2010 in the arcades (with a simultaneous console release still being mooted.) That's a full year since I paid for it (and played 700 hours) and more than a year and a half since it's original outing. Why do people think that this is a rip-off? £3.50 for a skin already on the disc is a rip-off. A completely new game and the work that it entails, released at a BUDGET PRICE doesn't sound like a rip-off to me.

- All characters now have two Ultras. This isn't just a case of sticking in new animations. It's a very fine process which requires lots of work to get them balanced.
- Air ultras.
- Bonus stages.
- The game takes place a year after SFIV: all the story needs to be written and 2D cut-scenes drawn and animated.
- NEW GAMEPLAY SYSTEM. I put this one in all caps for you. Tadan Saving. This in itself, if we're to believe it and as if everything else above wasn't enough, makes the game a completely new game.

This is before we even get into the (confirmed) re-written netcode and online features and potential lobbies.

So... what? 4000 MS points sound fair? For a completely new game, sounds about fair. Fuck it. Let's just use SFIV as a base for all fighting games from now on and we can have BlazBlue: Continuum Shift as DLC for it. Tekken 7 can just be DLC for SFIV. Maybe we can even change the game engine with DLC and Forza 4 could just be DLC for SFIV?

--

Reasons why DLC sucks:
- limited HD space
- consumer unfriendly (yay supermarkets)
- can't take it round to mates
- shrinks your balls
- can't sell on when your blood pressure starts rising.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think they can justify a new game with the 8 new characters, new moves to the excisting ones, improved online play and lots of tweaks.
Not really. Back in the day, sure, the game had to come on a new cart after all.

With this I'd very much like the options to be:
  1. Purchase full game
  2. Have existing SF4 and purchase "Super" as DLC (even if full hard disc install is necessary)
I also don't think any of this is outside Capcom's ability.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

What's that clip actually from? The turkmenistan version of Strictly come dancing?

Not really. Back in the day, sure, the game had to come on a new cart after all.

With this I'd very much like the options to be:
  1. Purchase full game
  2. Have existing SF4 and purchase "Super" as DLC (even if full hard disc install is necessary)
I also don't think any of this is outside Capcom's ability.

Eh they are gonna release it at £15/20 price point, and pre-existing SF4 owners will get some bonuns stuff.

One thing I always hated about the SF Franchise was the SF2 alpha extreme super championship edition type stuff though >.>

Wij

I am a FH squatter
um - he can't do that consistently can he ? if he can then he should be winning all tournaments :/

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
um - he can't do that consistently can he ? if he can then he should be winning all tournaments :/

he does the same combos in some of his other vids.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Awesome Dictator. Wish I had reactions like that :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Even better

"Additionally, as Super Street Fighter IV will not be a full-priced retail disc, going to the store to pick up a copy won't be that hard on your purse or wallet."

:D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bizzare - Zero 2 was the best tho. Spent months on my Saturn with that :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nice, makes me motivated to play my sak more :p

The issue w/ the slightly more random console characters isn't necessarily that the person playing them is better than the player they beat - it's that everyone knows every piece of Ryu's frame data and nobody knows Saks - so the person playing the unknown character has a big advantage for the first bunch of matches.

This is a great match:

YouTube- Shine (Gouken) vs Sanford Kelly (Akuma) @ Battlefield Arcadia #9 #sf4

Unfortunately Sanford just switched to Sagat and won the whole thing anyway but still :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom