Sfiv - sonic boom!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Pull blanka out of your cave tris :) I want a fight.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
alright, I've got 40 minutes or so.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
bah, let's do it later/some other day instead :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Oops forgot :D

I am back from Hapkido later and can start from about 2045 onwards (its 1625 for me now).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right. Having been broken by the £15 price tag, it arrived (sexbox690) yesterday. Played through one bout of the arcade mode last night not having read the manual or paid any attention to anything. Did it with Ken to see if I could dragon punch on anything that wasn't a megadrive 6 button pad. Pleasantly surprised that it's ok to play on the 360 pad.

Did that, god seth is an annoying bastard (never fought him before). Much to my frustration my first fight against him went: Lose (Didn't know he was a move theif), Perfect Win (100 odd low power dragon punches), Double Knock Out (Was up for a dragon to finish but botched it into an uppercut, DOH!). Then he kinda bitched me around for a while. Figured out that you kinda have to keep constantly peppering the **** and that was that.

So, I don't really wanna read all the guides and spoil shit but:

Me want unlock Cammy now. Where she at?

Any of you feel like giving me a "simple way to play online so that you don't get battered constantly as your new" intro to the game?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
See my above posts. Online play will bring you nothing but misery unless you really stick it out with the patience of a saint for quite some time, the pros outnumber any other players on xbox live.
I'm surprised you're not having any trouble with the xbox pad, every review I've read for xbox states how bad the pad is at inputing the moves. I think I might have damaged mine in frustration playing streetfighter.

Sold mine on ebay in the end by the way, good riddance to the worst console game I ever bought.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have my 6 button megadrive pad back. It's not the worst console game anyway.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah - it's ace and most of the players are NOT pros. When you get to 10,000 RP or G1 (this changes over time, may not be current) then you are getting into tournament players. Before that they are just better than you :) There are plenty of awful players in the sub 1,000 bracket and in G3 that anyone should be able to own until you rank out beyond them.

(and I'm speaking from PSN. I bet LIVE has an even bigger n00b ratio)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It does now I have it :)

Cammy???

00dave

(and I'm speaking from PSN. I bet LIVE has an even bigger n00b ratio)

That last sentence there voids you're entire posts Wij, for a start how can there be a bigger noob ratio on xbox live than PSN when you have to pay for xbox live. You don't pay for something that kicks your ass and you don't play something that kicks your ass that you're paying for.
My very first ever game I played on xbox live was agaist someone playing as Akuma (unlocked character so not new to the game) who was wearing some really weird costume I'd never seen before (unlocked costume I'm guessing, definately not new to the game) who then proceeded to perfect me. This guy was a pro who really needed a life. The match system on xbox live either doesn't work or simply doesn't have enough inexperienced players still playing these days to work properly. I'm sure if it were free like PSN then the poor to average players would still be playing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That last sentence there voids you're entire posts Wij, for a start how can there be a bigger noob ratio on xbox live than PSN when you have to pay for xbox live. You don't pay for something that kicks your ass and you don't play something that kicks your ass that you're paying for.
My very first ever game I played on xbox live was agaist someone playing as Akuma (unlocked character so not new to the game) who was wearing some really weird costume I'd never seen before (unlocked costume I'm guessing, definately not new to the game) who then proceeded to perfect me. This guy was a pro who really needed a life. The match system on xbox live either doesn't work or simply doesn't have enough inexperienced players still playing these days to work properly. I'm sure if it were free like PSN then the poor to average players would still be playing.

Twaddle.

You pay for XBox Live for ALL games, not just for SF4. Most US and European kids already have Live subs. They pick up SF4 and noob around on it using the Live account they already have. No extra commitment is required for SF4.

Gears/Halo/CoD kids make crap SF players.

Akuma's extra costume (like all alt-costumes) is a paid for add-on, not an earnt one. Sure you have to have beaten Arcade mode a few times to get him but that doesn't require pro-level play by an e-FUCKING-normous margin.

Simple way to unlock chars:

Set difficulty to easiest.
Set rounds to 1.
Beat arcade mode with all the chars.

(I think it's Bison that unlocks Cammy)

You have to do a few extra things then to get Akuma, Gouken and Seth but nothing too taxing.

00dave

My point is that those gears/halo/CoD kids of today won't like failing at SF and so will quickly go back to gears/halo/CoD because of short attention spans and growing up in a world that doesn't want them to think they've failed at anything. Xbox live is full of wankers, spend a week on it and you'll end up with negative rep because you died to soon, or beat the other player too easily, or your connection dropped and you got 'left early' rep. I've let my sub drop down to silver now because most of the games I play are inhabited by American kids who take it too seriously. In short xbox live is not for the casual player.

But I do understand what you're getting at and I freely admit it, I'm crap at SF, it's been said before and I didnt deny it then. I used to be good in the arcades when I was a kid, but generally I'm shit at it these days and on a crap control pad. But this game doesn't offer a chance for the crap player like me to get better without raised blood pressure, which is why I despise it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bison eh? Cool. I won't be putting down the old difficulty though, that would be pants and ruin the SF experience :)

I heard the Gouken one was a pain in the arse, involving numerous perfects. I hope that's not true cos I always end up taking more hits when I try to avoid losing a perfect than at any other time :(

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
heh, imagine what will happen when tekken 6 gets released.

"OMG, I used to be the shit with Eddy!"

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bison eh? Cool. I won't be putting down the old difficulty though, that would be pants and ruin the SF experience :)

I heard the Gouken one was a pain in the arse, involving numerous perfects. I hope that's not true cos I always end up taking more hits when I try to avoid losing a perfect than at any other time :(

To get perfects, use Zangief and spam Lariats.

tris-

Akuma is easy to own. All he does is fire that stupid ball shit and jump diagonally. I thought everyone was pro too, until I started being able to play it. Which only took about a week or so.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Akuma is easy to own. All he does is fire that stupid ball shit and jump diagonally. I thought everyone was pro too, until I started being able to play it. Which only took about a week or so.

Nah - that's how n00bs play Akuma. Although that tactic can still work quite well in certain match-ups. Good Akumas mix it up a bit more. :)

Akuma is my fave match-up when playing as Honda though :D

tris-

Nah - that's how n00bs play Akuma. Although that tactic can still work quite well in certain match-ups. Good Akumas mix it up a bit more. :)

Akuma is my fave match-up when playing as Honda though :D

Thats my point though, dave and I would be playing noobs because thats how the system matches you - noob v noob.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well I'm not that far above n00b :)

Honda vs Akuma is great fun for me though. I beat a 10,000 RP Akuma a couple of months ago. My best win ever :D

/edit: In fact if you're a Blanka mainer you should do even better with the EX roll as an option.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Did SP with bison, got some spanish chick. Desire for Cammy rose so I checked out online, it said use chun-li. Did that, got some other new wanker...

FFS GIVE CAMMY STUPID **** GAME!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You need to complete it with all chars anyway. Get on with it :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I know but I wanna see if I can still use Cammy like a complete bastard like I used to on SSFII

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's C.Viper you need to finish it with.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gak, new characters :(

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
C vilper and hgen are the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom