Servers For Subs Only

S

Starman

Good news :)

From BW News page:

Whilst we work towards moving all our stuff into our subscription area, we thought it would be nice to bring up some Battlefield 1942 MP demo servers just for our subscribers.

So, the 2 new servers are at:
213.221.160.50 14567 and 14568
Add them in manually to the ingame browser, but make sure your logged on via our website or BarryLogon first, and you`re away.
You can get the demo here if you havent already (subscribers get fast access to that, non subs, erm... dont)

M

Munro

Oooh.. I might aswell get an subscriber account just for them :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Then y u hanging round the forums and the channel like a bad smell :p

U

[UKLans]Khan

Moving Target "if you haven't got any thing nice to say..."

:p

Thanks for the servers guys!!

Khan

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Then y u hanging round the forums and the channel like a bad smell :p

wat u tlkin bout?

Moving Target "if you haven't got any thing nice to say..."

WHAAAAAAAAT??

S

Summo

Where is everyone? Just spent a quality three hours on that second server and there was a maximum of five people at any one time. :/

Loads of fun, though. :D This game is a lot less laggy on proper, quality servers.

Thanks, BW! God bless you!

S

Summo

I've got major vsync 'tearing' going on, though so if anyone of you know how to sort that...

;)

F

ferral

Major pain in the arse having to remove my refresh rate fix to play the game, but it's worth it :)

Get major tearing here, maybe vsync is off by default ?

S

Summo

Ferral! I was just playing you. :D

Yeah, vsync is off and I can't find anywhere to turn it on. Even looked through the .con files. :( Real bastid.

F

ferral

Yup, could of done with more players but was fun. I can't hit shit in a plane :)

What I don't understand is why everyone is going mad over bf1942, yet nobody plays code name eagle. It's the same game, made by the same company with different graphics.

It took then a year or two to sort it out last time and they weren't with EA (So it's not all their fault :) )

D

Deathwatch

gg tonight - really enjoyed it. We (Davross, Darkkarma and me) were playing from Davross' place with his ADSL and it wasnt laggy at all. Nice to actually be able to play with good ppl on a good server for a change :)

Codename Eagle had poor netcode if I recall, if it had netcode at all :)

Moving_Target - ppl used to pay loads to play games in the past, much more than £2/month - think of phonebills and all.

S

Summo

Yup. Top game. It was like a BW rolecall in there with yerself, Deathace, Yaka and so on.

Top game. You're right. It wasn't laggy at all.

O

old.Tezz

Most BF servers are pingable from ASE if setup correctly, but I presume the Barrys ones aren't, since the query ports 23000/23001 don't work.

I agree though, it's a fantastic game.

(what's with the old. bit in my name?)

U

[UKLans]Khan

I think there is a Refresh rate fix that works with BF1942, It turns the refresh fix on only when ur in the game. I'll ask my mate for a link to it. This also fixes the ripping problem with the gfx *i think*

Think this is the link:

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

Ta

Khan

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Deathwatch
Moving_Target - ppl used to pay loads to play games in the past, much more than £2/month - think of phonebills and all.

True, but I already pay £25 a month for my cable, so I can't invest in everything.

S

Summo

Originally posted by [UKLans]Khan
I think there is a Refresh rate fix that works with BF1942, It turns the refresh fix on only when ur in the game. I'll ask my mate for a link to it. This also fixes the ripping problem with the gfx *i think*

Think this is the link:

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

Ta

Khan
Ooh! Thanks! I'll give that a go. :)

K

killermarc

Originally posted by Summo
Where is everyone? Just spent a quality three hours on that second server and there was a maximum of five people at any one time. :/

Thats probably because ppl have to pay to play on them, and ppl arn't gonna pay when they can play elsewhere for free............only the diehard bw ppl like yourself and the other 4 on there with you, are paying

N

natrat

We've now got the two subs servers appearing in the in-game browser and the new GS3D. You'll need to be auth'd to join though. Very fast servers on excellent kit.

S

Summo

They are, natty. Lag-free. :D

Do you have query ports for them? I've put the BW server in All-Seeing Eye but I can't see whether they're full or who's playing presumably as there's no query port.

Maybe. I dunno about these things...

X

xane

Mr Lazy-Ass is asking where the Gamespy3D tab is for BW plz :)

N

natrat

if you're entering them manully in GS3D the query ports are 22000 and 22001. ASE i'm not sure about but try the same.

They show on the in-game master lsit and GS3D GS master now too.

S

Summo

Thanks, natty! Got them working in ASE now. ;)

/edit. Gah! Except it won't launch. :( At least I can see which servers are populated.

Z

Zarjazz

Try reading the instructions here.

I've got the BW and other UK servers in ASE working now though like Natrat said, the MP Demo seems to use 22000 and 22001 for the query ports (however the EA servers use 23000 onwards).

P

PR.

They were well populated when I was just playing on em.

Very nice, thanks BW :)

C

.Cask

Had some wicked games this evening.

Was gonna get another gold medal just now but I crashed out. Can't wait to see the full game on a 64 player server.

Exclusive servers are nice =p

A

adslrizla

Heh - they are indeed. It got a little bit jerky twice for me but wth - it was only a jeep and a zero anyway :D

Many thanks to the complete bastard who let me swim all the way from the sinking destroyer only to shoot me as I staggered onto the beach :p

Good fun guys - see you on there tomorrow :D

S

-sandy-

Pay 2 Play

I do agree with a yearly subscription to play games.

However, i wish barrysworld and jolt had taken this move together. I dont want to pay 2 lots of subs on a yearly basis.

Because of this, i am not subscribing until you guys get some universal scheme sorted between you.

I would pay up to £40 a year for fast access to both sets of game servers.

Users who are viewing this thread