Servers are up

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie
You would think they would put something like this on their website.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
I manage to create a character then the game crashes ;p

Nymph

Fledgling Freddie
Bah lucky you even got that far, im still trying to register a damn account.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Wow. I could even walk around a bit in Nordland before the server went down. Progress! ;)

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
just waiting on them to get the auth servers up then will go from there. Hopefully will be able to get into the game tonight.

Mumia

Fledgling Freddie
I got to lvl 3 as a sorc dark elf, logged out because lag was to bad, couldnt see other players, couldnt kill mobs, if I accidently did get a kill, couldnt loot cus corpse wasnt there. I hope Goa adds some more 56k modems till tomorrow, cus running the game on a single modem is a bit laggy.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
We currently have over 5000 players on the European servers. Account registration and key authentication is unavailable now though. This is done in order to process queued applications more efficiently. We are working hard to bring these servers back online as soon as possible.

-Magnus

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
We currently have over 5000 players on the European servers. Account registration and key authentication is unavailable now though. This is done in order to process queued applications more efficiently. We are working hard to bring these servers back online as soon as possible.

-Magnus

Don't understand. If the problem is too many people 'swamping' starter areas, how are you thinking of clearing that?

Throw them out, teleport them elsewhere, disconnect them? Otherwise, there's not a lot you can do by "bringing servers back online", the areas will still be 'swamped' until those players go elsewhere - which is NOT in GOA's control, really....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think that by "these servers" he means the account/auth ones mentioned in his post...? nothing to do with the game servers.

Aada

Part of the furniture

-Magnus

What?

I doubt anyone on thus forum has even registered a key the accounts that you are processing are likely duplicate accounts people have created because you told us that we had to make a new account!!!!!!!!

When in actual fact we didn't.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I think that by "these servers" he means the account/auth ones mentioned in his post...? nothing to do with the game servers.

Well, what he's said so far was ;

"As you've noticed, account registration and Open Beta key authentication is currently unavailable. We took down the servers in order to be able to process the queues more efficiently and will bring them back online as soon we're finished with this work.

We are currently letting people in wave after wave. At the time of this post we have 5154 players on the European servers. As you surely understand and as has been explained by Mark Jacobs and other developer earlier, it is important not to swamp the starting zones completely.

-Magnus "

Perhaps he means those were seperate issues, but it's less than clear....

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
What?

I doubt anyone on thus forum has even registered a key the accounts that you are processing are likely duplicate accounts people have created because you told us that we had to make a new account!!!!!!!!

When in actual fact we didn't.

QFT!!

Its depressing that we all got up fresh and early to make new accounts which GOA couldnt handle only to be told we could use our old accounts. And then, once we find that out they take the servers down to process the accounts we all amde as duplicates cos we were not to use our originals. So noone is getting anywhere except those who got free beta keys yesterday or whatever, not ppl who have had CE for months and missed out on CB.

Complete failure.

Been patient with GOA and I supported them, I heard loads of good stuff about them from CB testers which I hope I will find in game but this is pretty useless.

Poor funtionality in the website, confusion in account creation from the accounts team which has made all this mess, not us hamering the site.
At least its all getting outta the way now in OB, I guess I'm just really excited bout playin and am realising that today aint gonna happen, although I might get authentication from my duplicate account if I'm lucky...woot...

Judder

Loyal Freddie

-Magnus

5pm and you have got 5000 players registered and online.

50000 CE boxes, 50000 free keys given away for open beta and then the boxes you have sold via EA and D2D, lets call it 150000 people waiting to get on for open beta.

So only 145000 to go, well done !

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie

-Magnus

So hundreds maybe thousands of people who have collectors edition codes that are garunteed access are being blocked access because too many people who have just had their codes thrown at them are overloading the system, really damned good job there eh?

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
5pm and you have got 5000 players registered and online.

50000 CE boxes, 50000 free keys given away for open beta and then the boxes you have sold via EA and D2D, lets call it 150000 people waiting to get on for open beta.

So only 145000 to go, well done !

Made me laugh :D

Mipi

Fledgling Freddie
Are they really so unaware how many keys THEY handed out?

As far as Im concerned, I was invited to a party & treated like sh*t.

Imcompetance of this level is inexcusable.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
So GOA can only handle 5000 people woehoe, how much it they spent on those new servers? 8 mil or so? What a crap, lucky i got a closed beta account, but all of my friends are not getting in cause they cant make a crap account.

How come mythic has no problems atm? All yanks are playing atm, and they got alot more people then we in europe.

If you guys fock up the headstart next sunday also like this, then im moving to the us servers from mythic.

What a crap!!

vnp1jk.jpg

Bluetribal

Fledgling Freddie
MagnusK forgot to mention all those 5k testers that are on the servers atm come from pre-existing closed beta accounts, meaning anyone who made a new account hasn't been able to complete open beta access and will just have to wait even more to enter "in waves" because they must spare the lowbie zones, while all but 2 servers are empty.
I really wanted to give GOA a fair chance, but this is just disappointing.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
some confusion in the message there - it's clearer on the official info:

The account/auth server is down while they improve things and process the queue of people registering (e.g. registration emails) and with registered keys, then they turn it back on and process some more.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I knew this would happen. GOA completely fucked up their job, once again.

They could barely handle the 10k players in daoc, so how on earth should they ever handle 150k?
Totally rubbish. If they didnt see this comming, something is just plain wrong. And all information we get is that everything is fine and happy days on their site (when its up). :wanker:

So i guess this is why there wasnt much adding for DAoC back then.. They didnt want anymore subscribers, becouse they simply couldnt handle them..
I just hope someone in there looses their job tomorrow..

This is just not right.
And now they say they had to big a queue of account registrations, becouse they told people to create new ones.. Their solution? They crashes their own auth server.. BRAVO GOA! You overdid it this time!

Xeel

Fledgling Freddie
At least in DAoC I could play on US servers and thus avoided the hassle that is GOA... This is just sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom