Scouts,are they staying as they are?

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
when Hellghost stunned me in the back,

but the real problem is new hunters and rangers making mistakes and blame it on class balance.
You are mixing up stuff :)

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
You are mixing up stuff :)

No, most hunters do perform worse than Hellghost, just pointing out what
not to do. You dont use the tools and play without mistakes dont expect
to win 1on1 fights.

Xxx mid was killed by high rr scout close by.
Now its time to check camo, see if a good tree close by, maybe move area.
Most enemy stealthers wont do that since they think they are yber.
And when they find out they dont have what it takes, whine starts here.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
No, most hunters do perform worse than Hellghost, just pointing out what
not to do. You dont use the tools and play without mistakes dont expect
to win 1on1 fights.

Xxx mid was killed by high rr scout close by.
Now its time to check camo, see if a good tree close by, maybe move area.
Most enemy stealthers wont do that since they think they are yber.
And when they find out they dont have what it takes, whine starts here.
Nail on the head.
(tho i do go out in the open, 65 modified slash owns :) )

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Some days ago i was found, or i found him, by a rr6 ns, dont recall his name since not well known. Now we exchanged a few hits and then he ran out of melee, standing a little away. Using his ns spells on me we circled around eachother while he stayed in safe distance so able to avoid fz. I could have used me bow with uniterruptabel shots, but since i was not really in any eminent danger and ra's up i just waited letting him hurt me a little to see what he wanted. I recon he had vanish so he was probaly not in a losing position too. At some point he decided to take the chance, charged me
and got killed with cc+fz.

Im sure he knew just how risky it was to get close, but atleast he showed me the respect an old scout should have as an opponent and used his skills and brain. He took a chance, so do i sometimes, but thats part of the game.

A long time ago cg's where put into game, but i discovered altho good for
running with zerg it made me sloopy. So since then i dont join em, im solo
or maybe with a friend like lath or aches, listening to enemy death spam
and making my choice from that. I dont need a cg to find enemies i will move
and hunt from my own experience, so im awake and not thrusting some inacurrate information.

Whats the point of these stories, well everyone make mistakes, sometimes you face better players, sometimes their class better than urs in a situation,
but no reason to blame other players for you own mistakes. I had me arse
handed to me by both mids and hibs often, simply because they played better, i made mistakes or maybe just bad luck.

Certain classes not performing very well in ranged NF, but to claim hunters
and rangers cannot be played well and with fun is plain stupid, they are excellent classes, just requires a bit of experience and patience.

I dont shot at bds, chanters, tanks.... unless i think i have a chance or an
advantage, but new rangers and hunters shot away at rr5 sorcs all day
then come here complaining they should be able to kill one.
In fact its quite BALANCED, you chose when to strike, but cannot win unless opponent at a disadvantage, thats called BALANCE, not like when i hunted
gorge after beta 1-shoting any caster who came out.

Skidlee

Fledgling Freddie
Heh noone has mentioned how a block doesnt count as being in combat and if you just get lucky (ok not that lucky) and block 3 normal shots you can just stealth :) sorry new scout here just summin i noticed :)

GL and HF

DistantShadow

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Ok to summarize kinads last 2 posts have stated that the nightshade just happens to be the wrong class to face scouts with, and if any stealthers see a scout killing in the area they just need to move far away?

Or did I read those posts wrong?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Scouts are not more difficult to kill than other classes. Play right, know your weaknesses and your strenghts and you can make it. Not that hard really.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Rage said:
The blockrate of all shields is very high (seems like 100% when I play my warrior) against arrows. Perhaps make scouts only have a 25% blockrate on ranged attacks and keep their normal blockrate in melee (which might be alot less than 25%).
Not got a high lvl scout just a level 44 in BG (Leirvik). I would agree that block rate does need a nerf. But standard 25% would mean no point in specing that line except for slam (which rox!). So why not make it similar to evade say 25% + 0.5% per lvl spec'd in shield, so max 50%? There could be some additional negative points for the spec Bow the guy shooting at you has.

One question, how do you think scouts feel when Rangers get withing melee range and are hitting them for 300+ with your spear? Or a blue con buffed pet is taking them down.

I'm not trying to knock you here honestly. But surely this has a lot to do with where you hunt, Spec, Realm Rank, choice of RA's and play style.

Happy New Year

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
I think people have to start visiting www.critshot.com and ask about archery issues there.
So few actualy visit those boards, which is a shame as the TL's frequently read there also.

Hawkwind said:
Not got a high lvl scout just a level 44 in BG (Leirvik). I would agree that block rate does need a nerf. But standard 25% would mean no point in specing that line except for slam (which rox!). So why not make it similar to evade say 25% + 0.5% per lvl spec'd in shield, so max 50%? There could be some additional negative points for the spec Bow the guy shooting at you has.
There is no cap on blocking as far as I know, and dex really boosts its rating, I'm not sure about weapon skill tho.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
So few actualy visit those boards, which is a shame as the TL's frequently read there also.
nah its good, the ones whos there is the one who actually is interested in archer classes, all whiners stayed at VN

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
So all you guys saying everythings fine,im playing my class wrong,scouts aint overpowered etc etc are also saying that an archer class doesnt have a major advantage over the other realms archer classes when during keep takes they can stand and pick off a target on a keep wall and as soon as a arrow hits them from a hunter/ranger then just block every other arrow that hunter/ranger then fires at them until they can stealth straight back up.When you turn that around the hunter/ranger is now dead because they have to take all the scouts arrows full on with no means of blocking them like the scout can,cmon you cant in all honesty tell me that isnt a MAJOR advantage.
Like it or not non of you can deny 95% of NF is now keep takes/defence and having that blocking ability is sooo much better than having a pet (and btw mines green con as im 50 bow spec/44spear/35stealth and so am only 12 in bc).

having a pet does oh so much in most the fights your going to be involved in,even if on defensive the pets mezzed,dotted and dead b4 its halfway to the target.

The rangers duel wield is sod all use again froma keep wall,or from the base of a keep firing upwards so yes i would class an archer class thats got the aility to block other archers from firing at it as slightly overpowered.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
So all you guys saying everythings fine,im playing my class wrong,scouts aint overpowered etc etc are also saying that an archer class doesnt have a major advantage over the other realms archer classes when during keep takes they can stand and pick off a target on a keep wall and as soon as a arrow hits them from a hunter/ranger then just block every other arrow that hunter/ranger then fires at them until they can stealth straight back up.When you turn that around the hunter/ranger is now dead because they have to take all the scouts arrows full on with no means of blocking them like the scout can,cmon you cant in all honesty tell me that isnt a MAJOR advantage.
Like it or not non of you can deny 95% of NF is now keep takes/defence and having that blocking ability is sooo much better than having a pet (and btw mines green con as im 50 bow spec/44spear/35stealth and so am only 12 in bc).

having a pet does oh so much in most the fights your going to be involved in,even if on defensive the pets mezzed,dotted and dead b4 its halfway to the target.

The rangers duel wield is sod all use again froma keep wall,or from the base of a keep firing upwards so yes i would class an archer class thats got the aility to block other archers from firing at it as slightly overpowered.

32 BC is your friend, a well specced, a well played hunter is evil, there are a few very good hunters who use their class abilities to the max.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I feel that stealthers need to be altered - but not to balance them against other stealthers, but to balance them against the non-stealth classes. Currently I find a lot of stealthers in RvR - so much that they are making it boring and less enjoyable. Yes the odd stealther here and there is fun but when more than 50% of people in frontiers are stealthers it gets a bit old.

So basically I think that Scouts and other stealthers need to be fixed so they appeal as a class to ~~5% of the players rather than 50%.

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
Now pls b4 we start ive not just beeb PWND and im not a NOOB or any of the other crap that usually gets thrown at any1 asking a question here.
Are scouts getting any form of nerf in the near future does any1 know.
Im now so fed up ive stopped playing the game with my hunter as ill run round solo lookingfor ppl and spot either a scout with poor stealth or a scout firing or just finished firing.I open up on said scout and all i get is "youre arrow is blocked" on every fkin shot,i then have to turn to leg it as im unbuffed as i dont have a BB and know that theres never just 1 scout on his own and if i stand there hoping 1 shot will get past im gonna get a inf in my face.The second i turn to run i get 3 arrows in my back for more dmg than my crits usualy do (k well almost) and hey presto im dead.
This is getting really stupid now an archer class being able to block other archer classes then drop them in 3shots.
Now i know A LOT of other hunters i know feel the same way and have quit or are close to quitting as they are sick of this,just wondered if there was any light at the end of the tunnel in the near future?Tho i doubt it as Mythic/Goa are :wanker: when it comes to reducing anything overpowered in albland.
Oki Q the albs all defending their scouts and trying to pursuade every1 they aint fotm/overpowered and how hunters get pets(that can do fook all as we have to spec so damm high in bow/spear to even have a fighting chance) and how we get self buffs (which again dont do a fat lot as we dont have the points left to spec high beastcraft).
You can take ALL of that lot from me if igot a shield that could block other archers.

1 word -> Engage

blocks every arrow you shoot :twak:

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Scouts are not more difficult to kill than other classes. Play right, know your weaknesses and your strenghts and you can make it. Not that hard really.

you stand on a tower whit 2 ranger friends, you spot a scout and you all fire at him. The scout got his shield out and you all get blocked, Or you get spoted by 2-3 scouts, thay start shoting at you, and you die. I might be a bad ranger (gomle) but this is hove it usualy happens to me.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
so...how does a hunter or ranger engage?

Why would a hunter need to - set pet on enemy archer and they're interupted.

Ranger - well rangers advantage comes in the form of mellee offense. With cd halving block and evade they can pretty much tear any other archer a new one in mellee, and once they havea few RAs under their belt can give a lot of assassins an ass whooping too.

So don't wajn about scouts having shield spec - its the only toy they've got, and its halved in effectiveness against all stealthers except hunters.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Ranger - well rangers advantage comes in the form of mellee offense. With cd halving block and evade they can pretty much tear any other archer a new one in mellee said:
Hm mellee offense, so hove do i use that in a keep/towre fight where 90% of the fighting is done.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Why would a hunter need to - set pet on enemy archer and they're interupted.

Ranger - well rangers advantage comes in the form of mellee offense. With cd halving block and evade they can pretty much tear any other archer a new one in mellee, and once they havea few RAs under their belt can give a lot of assassins an ass whooping too.

So don't wajn about scouts having shield spec - its the only toy they've got, and its halved in effectiveness against all stealthers except hunters.

Yes because a pet that has shorter range and takes ~5-10 seconds to get to the target is just as usefull as blocking every shot from you enemy, oh and CD really pwns when you are getting shot at from a tower, where 99% of scouts live
:wanker:

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Yes because a pet that has shorter range and takes ~5-10 seconds to get to the target is just as usefull as blocking every shot from you enemy, oh and CD really pwns when you are getting shot at from a tower, where 99% of scouts live
:wanker:
if ranger is dumb enough to stand there tring to finish off who he shooting without running out of LOS or ou of range and he dies its his fault.

not as if a scout can kill anybody whilst he is engaging you archers.. hence all your whine is about your not getting your rp's . plain n simple.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
if ranger is dumb enough to stand there tring to finish off who he shooting without running out of LOS or ou of range and he dies its his fault.

not as if a scout can kill anybody whilst he is engaging you archers.. hence all your whine is about your not getting your rp's . plain n simple.

ofc it is, hi gets his i dont get mine. Me and 2 other rangers was on a tower shoting on a scout who started to dance while we was shoting. Non hit him.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
im in a tower in alb land, where a scout named nerfalot is shoting at the tower door, i shot him for 1161, hi only got a few % hp left but gets his shield and block my next tree shots befor hi stealths. A ranger whod have died there

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
you stand on a tower whit 2 ranger friends, you spot a scout and you all fire at him. The scout got his shield out and you all get blocked, Or you get spoted by 2-3 scouts, thay start shoting at you, and you die. I might be a bad ranger (gomle) but this is hove it usualy happens to me.
If you can't kill him with 2 ranger friends you should try finding a new tactic, coz obviously you are doing something wrong.

evial bloodstone said:
im in a tower in alb land, where a scout named nerfalot is shoting at the tower door, i shot him for 1161, hi only got a few % hp left but gets his shield and block my next tree shots befor hi stealths. A ranger whod have died there
Same goes for you.

In General
Try to move out of the tower and learn your class, you won't have problems anymore with scout shields.
And if you won't, i'll keep shooting you down from the keep, it ain't hard shooting you down with +10% toa range, then pop out shield engage walk back, stealth and repeat.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
im nob then, couls i have no clue what to do. Running down and melee is not wery usfull as the other albs gone tear me appart.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
instead of trying to kill the scout with ur shitty bow, sneak up and wtfpwn him with your 200dmg doggy and 500dmg spear... just a thought. :twak:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Or maybe rangers and hunters play archers...because...you know...they like playing archers, not assasins.
The point is scouts have more get out of jail free cards than any other archer, they can stand anywhere and fire without fear of getting shot back, if you can't see that as over powered then you really are clueless.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Jpeg[LOD] said:

actually i binned my ranger before toa, i find them way to boring.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
instead of trying to kill the scout with ur shitty bow, sneak up and wtfpwn him with your 200dmg doggy and 500dmg spear... just a thought. :twak:

so i sneak up to him, and my doggy starts to... dam where are you doggy come to pappa, i get my spear, grr where did i put that dam spear. i get my 2 piercers and hit him for 150 and 75 damage. if his solo his gone slam shot shot shot. im dead. if his not solo then im dead to....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom