Scouts,are they staying as they are?

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
Hmm oki tried that and the pet got shield slammed and stunned(while still blocking my arrows btw)

While my pet was stunned the scout still fired back at me despite me shooting at him dropped me b4 the stun had even wore off the pet,isnt there supposed to be an interupt in there somewhere when being shot at,unless he had a uninteruptable bow shot which i think may exist in 1 of the ras.

Again you prove you know very little about your own class and archers in general, its called sureshot.

Balthus said:
So what Edaemos is saying is that i now can only fire at albs with no shields,hmm thats going to be great fun seeings as a lot of albclasses get shields.And while shooting at these targets all the scouts that will have nobody shooting at them because theres no point are going to be picking us off?

I don't fire at warriors or hero's, simply because they block, why on earth would you as an unbuffed hunter fire against a class that is buffed and with 400 dex and a shield from the top of your keep? choose the cleric, the casters, god knows albion has plenty of casters about.

Balthus said:
Well see how many of these names in the thread come on an whine for nerfs of the warlocks when they arrive cause its the 1st time a realm has a better class than alb ;)

Yeah, i agree, now lets talk about that intercepting nuking pet for a hunter.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
Deerstalker said:
Dump dex3 .....QUOTE]
I spec dex for higer damage on crit and regular shot, i did read on critshot that dex was bether then FE. And your wrong about my ra, mos4 is wery nice to see assasins close to keep and get a crit shot on them, if i was higer rr i whod have goten mos5. Im rr5l6 btw. TS is handy if a enemi gets out of range whit wery low hp.

Scout is the only artcher that can block arrows and slam, and pleas dont talk about skills, i have not read eny thing that tells hove to beat shield so far. Forget solo artchers and deal whit the ide that its all tower/keep fights.

In a keep fight.

1. Falcons eye is your friend, + extra crit is better than average damage.
2. Don't try and kill stealthers, they live by avoiding other stealthers, look for people who can't stealth away from you, casters , as a non alb anyone with Avalonian on thier head is a pretty good bet, harder to pick for us albs.. (watch out for plate wearing avalonians though, there are a very few..)

TS (longshot), is your opening shot, not the final shot, if it pops the bubble critshot then rapid fire. longshot has an anoying problem where you can't switch to it, unlike volley, you have to move / jump to cancel the previous shot. Most of the time they will be well out of range before you get the longshot off.

FEIII + TSII (Longshot II , stupid mythic ) + a little aug quick = Keep fights
Stealth + Aug Dex = group / solo fights.

When running in a guild group, I'm constantly on RF, and spamming anything that moves its arms around, esp pbaoe classes. Here aug dex would have a better use, as more shots at higer average damage= more damage.

Deerstalker.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
angrysquirrel said:
if scouts only get small shield and a small shield can only block one attacker, how come if they are in melee and i shoot them , i get blocked? hmmzz?!

stealth is a defensive tool, leave at that and rework the styles with scout shield (or give rangers and hunters a slam type melee style to even it up so no one actually loses..or let rangers/hunters parry arrows and give pbaoe and mez), slam, fz, crit crit crit crit crit with extra long range longbows is just a tad silly.

my tuppence.

This is a misconception of most non scouts,
Block is 1 attack per attacker per round.
DW , you only get to block 1 attack.

vs 1000 grey cons, you still block every single hit.
vs 1000 dw grey cons, you /release in a moment.

you can block any number of archers pulling standard shots.
you block 1 arrow from a rapid firing archer per round.

Deerstalker.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I would have thought a mix of FE and Aug Dex would have been more effective...

FE to crit on norm/rf shots.
Aug Dex to raise your dmg nearer to your cap.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I would have thought a mix of FE and Aug Dex would have been more effective...

FE to crit on norm/rf shots.
Aug Dex to raise your dmg nearer to your cap.

I retried everything when we had the week of free ra respecs,
with what I have to play with, and my play style
FEIII + TSII + Aug quick 1 + mos 1 (for moving around with) , saving up with the rest for one of the 5pt ones.

I tried, Purge / IP , Aug dex, Aug quick, in a keep fight I got more RP's / kills with my current set, I certanly will get aug dex when I have the basic ra's as the repeated damage output is very nice, but for keep fights, it's usually just one hit or two hits / multiple volley shots, before they move out of the ring or hide behind the walls. Group battles I would go Aug Dex, some FE and Aug quick and dump TS, but group fights aren't my thing and it's usually over in moments as you can only shoot non mezzed players.
For sniping ( which I'm crap at ) I would probably go FE, MoS , Purge , IP and get one of those debuffing bows on arrow type damage.

DS.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, gotta love these "Scouts are Overpowered" threads. There are way to many clueless "I should be able to click 1 button to win" FotM's playing archer classes these days.

/Pray I wish all of these clueless FotM's would FO to WoW.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Framfall said:
And midgard got nerfed after albs saying so, ironic isnt it.

Really? did they get nerfed or did some of the stupidly overpowered classes get brought into line with the other realms?

:m00:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Deerstalker said:
I retried everything when we had the week of free ra respecs,
with what I have to play with, and my play style
FEIII + TSII + Aug quick 1 + mos 1 (for moving around with) , saving up with the rest for one of the 5pt ones.

I tried, Purge / IP , Aug dex, Aug quick, in a keep fight I got more RP's / kills with my current set, I certanly will get aug dex when I have the basic ra's as the repeated damage output is very nice, but for keep fights, it's usually just one hit or two hits / multiple volley shots, before they move out of the ring or hide behind the walls. Group battles I would go Aug Dex, some FE and Aug quick and dump TS, but group fights aren't my thing and it's usually over in moments as you can only shoot non mezzed players.
For sniping ( which I'm crap at ) I would probably go FE, MoS , Purge , IP and get one of those debuffing bows on arrow type damage.

DS.

Hmm ok, so Aug Dex wasn't that good? Tho I've noticed 25dex cap raises your dmg to near or hit cap alot more, wouldn't more be nicer to do this on tougher armor types?

Could do like 5xx+200 or something with a mix of Aug Dex and FE, but without more like 4xx+150, as the hitting higher would give you more room for a larger crit.

But I'm not much of a bow person, dunno.

Framfall

Banned
Edaemos said:
Really? did they get nerfed or did some of the stupidly overpowered classes get brought into line with the other realms?

:m00:

There you go, Ironic isn't it.

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Learn your char, specc right, have right equipment, play alot of rvr so you get the "feeling" /experience and you see how pointless this damn whining is.

Noting has changed really with the scouts (as many peeps already stated). The different archer classes are good at different things and those who realize this and adapt can pawn scouts easy. Buff vs unbuff, 3 vs 1 etc has nothing to do with class balancing - only 1 vs 1 should be considered with same conditions. As for this, I think the archer classes are fairly balanced (if specced/played right). There are ofc other issues that needs to be looked into one being MoS and the other FZ. Imo, MoS should be removed from the game. It's an expensive unfair skill that you must have in order to make your stealther class playable. Imo, no stealther should be able to see other stealters for more range then spec points in the stealth line allows - with detect hidden advantage for assassins as they dont have the range, PD or IP. With this im not saying that archers should be open for PA - assassins should be seen just before PA range so you can react and counter if they are awake - nothing more. (but ofc keep the +25% bonus movement speed in stealth)

Furthermore I think FZ is an idiotic skill and should also be removed from the game. Even on a 15 min timer it's a "I-WIN" skill which i think i wrong to have in a "balanced" PvP-game. As you see, Im more for the idea that every action should have a possible counter-action. It's very wrong when in certain situations you can't do ANYTHING to change the outcome of the fight.

While we are on the "nerf" subject, maybe it's time to discuss Purge+Moc+Lifetab+4 nukes/3 sec combination. In it's current form it's equally idiotic as FZ and should also be nerfed!

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
I bet it has been said several times in this thread, but any buffed class would have killed the unbuffed hunter.

Oh, and to Deerstalker, I can't count the number of times I've blocked both blows from a dual wielding class. It's most likely just a penalty to the blocker if more than one target attacks.

And wether a target is rapid firing or not doesn't matter since rapidfire is just the same as a standard shot, except that it has been released earlier. The only reason RF seems to get through more often is that you simply fire more shots and the % chance to block stays the same. Thus increase number of hits that have a chance to get through.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
scouts have always been the best arrow slingers, in compensation for this they are weaker at dick swinging. Hence most scouts are skilled terrain traversers when you jump them.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
This is true, allthough I feel the need to point out that the ranger carries a spare strapon in the offhand for more traction in the mud, and quite a few rangers I know are quite capable at waylaying terrain even with this clear advantage. :wub:

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Dathcald said:
And it's been said before, you really don't kill much of anything going around without buffs, gear and proper ra's. Don't see how you used to kill scouts in OF without these.

Oki i feel a little defence needs to brought up here.

1)Im not a fotm rolled archer for NF,my hunter was my 1st 50 and ive had him since i started the game 2-2.5 yrs ago.It took a long time to get him to50 as i refused to powerlvl and didnt have a BB nad i had a habit of playing around in thid a lot and didnt concentrate on just xp 1 char straight to 50,so all these ppl claiming ive rolled a archer char just for NF thinking id get a fotm archer class are wrong.

2)I know what my class can do but ive very recently rerolled him to a totaly different spec from the spec i knew so well 45bow/32bc/35stealth/39spear on advice from others claiming i would need the 50 bow to compete in the keep warfare as solo roaming would be as dead as a dodo thx to teleporting.

3)This thread isnt about being buffed/unbuffed good/bad skills,it's about the fact that during keep attacks/defence scouts get HUGE advantages over hunters/rangers due to being able to stand out in the open,kill a target and unless hit by spells they know they will survive any hunter shooting back at them thx to the blocking,hunters and rangers cannot do this as the second they fire arrow 1 at a target they get3 arrows 1 after the other drop them,that is the heart and soul of what i was getting at.

4)Although my hunter has been around a long time ive never really gone out for hours at a time rvring him and his rr of 3l7 shows this ,i enjoyed playing diff chars in thid and pve.In answer to Dathcalds question of how did i beat scouts even back in OF i used to once finding the scout i would set pet on it and speed off using my nice spd boost (remember i was bc32 back then so very good boost and pet) and turn and fire on the scout.The scout always paused for a second or 2 trying to decide to get the the pet off or try and shoot at me or charge an after a second they always decided to charge at me as they knew that by running away the pet would still be taking small chunks of hp of them and if trying to fire the pet would interupt.Bearing in mind i had boosted to max bow range i got a good few arrows in b4 the scout reached me and they were low enough hp now that once they reached me my spear/pet combo finished them off.Thats how i killed scouts pre NF Dath.

5)Oh and all these posts saying use purge2+mos3+FZ+PS are useless to me at rr3l7 and being ML3 and being a Battlemaster.

Despite the few posts of ppl being pricks those of you who have been constructive with your critism or just plainhelpful i thank you,you have shown me that just because your a lvl 50 it dont mean your going to stand a chance out there.It looks like im going to have to poss change my ML line,poss respec again back to my original spec and purely pick on casters for a while until my RR is better allowing me access to more groovy toys to play with to help me out there.Maybe once i try all this then other classes may not seem so overpowered to me?

But with regards to the blocking,i still say its a very big advantage scouts have there despite my str/weaknesses,its given them the ability to stop one more class from killing them in keep sieges,only ppl they have to worry about now is casters whereas hunter/rangers have to watch for scouts/casters but ahh well lets get out an get some more rps and see how we do with some nw tricks up my sleeve.

Oh btw any1 doing a ml3 in the near future?cause i need my ML's raising ;) :clap:

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
Oh and all these posts saying use purge2+mos3+FZ+PS are useless to me at rr3l7 and being ML3 and being a Battlemaster.

what thay realy are saying is that a ranger/hunter need higer rr to be abel to take down a rr1 scout who has no cluse, as long as hi got a shield and can use slam.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
what thay realy are saying is that a ranger/hunter need higer rr to be abel to take down a rr1 scout who has no cluse, as long as hi got a shield and can use slam.

What they are saying is he needs to get more from his spec/template/ra's and more importantly get buffs.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
5)Oh and all these posts saying use purge2+mos3+FZ+PS are useless to me at rr3l7 and being ML3 and being a Battlemaster.

Wrong choice of Ml line and rr3l7 u can buy purge 2 and mos3 and have 2 points left over, why do you keep trying to shift the blame of why you struggle, you have a poor spec, poor choice of ml line, no buffs and you choose to shoot shield classes from the top of keeps.

goto critshot.com and get advice from people or pm fatbelly.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Or ask Brutalos how he plays his Hunter.

I say get purge2,mos3 & go RvR more often

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
What they are saying is he needs to get more from his spec/template/ra's and more importantly get buffs.

Hi realy need buffs thats true, but hi still need higer rr to be abel to take down a low rr scout.

I have killed many scouts as a ranger, just cous thay thay stand in the open and thrust that if thay get shot thay get there shield and get away. If my crit shot is hige i can 2-3 shot a scout, usualy the third shot is blocked by his shield. But if i played like many of thos scouts i whod be dead 90% of the times. So i shot max 3 shots, most of the times i only shot 2, 1 crit and a regular. If hib attac a tower and i try and shot at them, no mather what target, i can never get more then 2 shots befor i need to run, even then i die alot. No shield no protection. So in defence and attac scout got advantage.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
StonyPony said:
Scouts use shield, FZ , slam etc.
Hunters and rangers use the Invite button.
Pretty balanced imo.

I don't play anymore so cannot comment. I'm pretty sure you posted a screenie with you in the frontier being the GL of a group, and stood next to a scout not in your group.

Are you attracted to glottis? :(

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
Hi realy need buffs thats true, but hi still need higer rr to be abel to take down a low rr scout.

I have killed many scouts as a ranger, just cous thay thay stand in the open and thrust that if thay get shot thay get there shield and get away. If my crit shot is hige i can 2-3 shot a scout, usualy the third shot is blocked by his shield. But if i played like many of thos scouts i whod be dead 90% of the times. So i shot max 3 shots, most of the times i only shot 2, 1 crit and a regular. If hib attac a tower and i try and shot at them, no mather what target, i can never get more then 2 shots befor i need to run, even then i die alot. No shield no protection. So in defence and attac scout got advantage.

Different classes have different strengths, rangers while being able to hit as hard as scouts with a bow can also do far superior damage in melee, there only drawback is they have little defence. Hunters are a mixture of both, they have great melee (ive been hit for 600+ by fatbelly) and the pet helps in range also to interupt, drawbacks are they only have 5.3 speed bows and evade2, scouts while having very good defence don't have the melee output the other 2 realms archers have.

The archer classes are different and you have to play to your class strengths, i don't attack a ranger or hunter in melee, ill wait and follow them waiting for them to reveal themselves or if they don't see me get 1-2 shots of because of MoS. If i get caught in melee they have a huge advantage.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
The archer classes are different and you have to play to your class strengths, i don't attack a ranger or hunter in melee, ill wait and follow them waiting for them to reveal themselves or if they don't see me get 1-2 shots of because of MoS. If i get caught in melee they have a huge advantage.

All of this looked ok pre NF, where fights was in the open and keeps. At nf there is 90% tower/keep fights so my melee advantage dont meen mutch eny more, and scout defence and long range is uber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom