Scouts,are they staying as they are?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I don't want a shield, I'm just fine as I am. I think scouts are quite a balanced class also. They get what they spec for and quite frankly they're not overpowered at all.

Tilda

Lorra said:
I find it quite funny that scouts run around with there shield out while stealthed, when all other ranged classes run around with there bow :m00
If I ever rolled a scout or other archer class i'd do the same. If you get attacked in melee, bow is useless, you'll want your weapons out and fast, whereas if you're going to kill something or leech or whatever, you're likley to have more time to switch to your bow.
Thats my logic anyway :p

Tilda

Also, if your getting shot, couldn't you fire phase shift, run to the scout, then when PS drops, fire FZ, pet and kill him with either bow or spear?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
blame nf not scouts on this one, nobody cared about their shield till you could engage them in melee + mos wasnt ingame. Dont expect any changes, in keep fights they are a lot better (always been though) then other archers, alot deadly with mos - fz - slam - rr5 on openfield then before though, but as i said this wouldnt be an issue without nf anyways .:.p

Aussie

Banned
Raven said:
simple thing to do would be remove engage from scouts
lol and you think thats gonna make a difference? 9 out of 10 arrows are blocked without engage too :eek:
and you're a hero, lol.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
what is funny though is the random PL'd scouts that have suddenly popped up and think they know everything there is to know about everything.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts use shield, FZ , slam etc.
Hunters and rangers use the Invite button.
Pretty balanced imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aussie said:
lol and you think thats gonna make a difference? 9 out of 10 arrows are blocked without engage too :eek:
and you're a hero, lol.

yes but mr.dockcamper, with rapid fire you can go through the block so the scout cant just shoot and stealth, with engage the block rate is near 100%

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Balthus said:
Now pls b4 we start ive not just beeb PWND and im not a NOOB or any of the other crap that usually gets thrown at any1 asking a question here.
Are scouts getting any form of nerf in the near future does any1 know.
Im now so fed up ive stopped playing the game with my hunter as ill run round solo lookingfor ppl and spot either a scout with poor stealth or a scout firing or just finished firing.I open up on said scout and all i get is "youre arrow is blocked" on every fkin shot,i then have to turn to leg it as im unbuffed as i dont have a BB and know that theres never just 1 scout on his own and if i stand there hoping 1 shot will get past im gonna get a inf in my face.The second i turn to run i get 3 arrows in my back for more dmg than my crits usualy do (k well almost) and hey presto im dead.
This is getting really stupid now an archer class being able to block other archer classes then drop them in 3shots.
Now i know A LOT of other hunters i know feel the same way and have quit or are close to quitting as they are sick of this,just wondered if there was any light at the end of the tunnel in the near future?Tho i doubt it as Mythic/Goa are when it comes to reducing anything overpowered in albland.
Oki Q the albs all defending their scouts and trying to pursuade every1 they aint fotm/overpowered and how hunters get pets(that can do fook all as we have to spec so damm high in bow/spear to even have a fighting chance) and how we get self buffs (which again dont do a fat lot as we dont have the points left to spec high beastcraft).
You can take ALL of that lot from me if igot a shield that could block other archers.

So what is it your after, removing shield spec?

Then I'm guessing you'll whine again about scouts able to spec 50weapon 50bow 29stealth and doing silleh dmg output on both range and melee?

If its a case of your not being able to compete unbuffed, spec high beast with some +buff bonus, and you've got some nice dex, been a ranger on Critshot.com doing well with 50bow and rest mainly in path having over 2k ws. Thought I'd me ntion this as you seem pretty annoyed about scouts doig more then your critshot, yes higher bows, but buffed scout will have higher dex then yourself without.

I find hunters pretty tough 1v1 in close up, Hellghost has beaten me pretty much every time I've met him. Pet is not so useless, its a great interupt tool, counts as another attacker helping the hunter land his/her large 2hit hits.

Scouts are strong in dmg and defence, but whats worse is high numbers, no scout can say their gimp and need love, if they do then they need slap.

PS. Zerg like the rest of them, you'll win and maybe learn how to defeat other classes quicker and easier for when you gain higher a few RR.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Votan said:
:fluffle:

Fyi i really did have an encounter similar to the one described above.

As for stealther vs stealther.. you whine about MoS but you seem to have forgotten about all the other anti stealth measures introduced with to which are available to both stealthers and non-stealthers.
Generalizations are so easy to make aren't they... :puke:

I know there are butloads off anti-stealth abilities now wich quite frankly dont bother me because it is obvious when used and is easily avoided.

The problem with MoS is scouts being able to slam all stealthers out off stealth and get a free kill. Either it is from the back or the front. The latter makes it even more unfair against assassins who are still willing to play critspec thus rely on their PA. This needs to be looked at. It renders a perfectly fine class useless against there primary enemies. Namely other stealthers.
Now I dont wanna be unfair so i will admit that rangers get an advantage aswell as they can just aswell interrupt with a melee hit, DD, javaline whatever you got to throw at em..shoes, shit, lurikeens, it all works fine.

But i can suggest on mighty FH that MoS should be removed and stealth should go back to how it was pre- see hidden and TS. But we all know this wont do any good ...

/shrug

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
The problem with MoS is scouts being able to slam all stealthers out off stealth and get a free kill.

Well not all scouts have/use slam and FZ. Also even if a scout does have the above mentioned skills its still up to the player if and how he uses them; experience still counts.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Theseus said:
interrupt with a melee hit, DD, javaline whatever you got to throw at em..shoes, shit, lurikeens, it all works fine.

hah, Throwing lurikeens hurt more then you'd expect. ;D

Tilda said:
Also, if your getting shot, couldn't you fire phase shift, run to the scout, then when PS drops, fire FZ, pet and kill him with either bow or spear?

Yes, can even cancel the PS buff when you get in range, attack straight away.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
"Scouts,are they staying as they are?"

Nope, scouts, rangers and hunters will be replaced by "hunters", a class accessable by both realms.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the first poster.

Things need to be further balanced. Tho my hunter is only 44 atm, I am facing the same problems in leirvik, and tbh its pissing me off.

Guess I'll just delete my hunter that I solo'd from 1-44 and PL a scout with my necro to 50 in 3 days played :puke:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I didnt say ALL scouts , i said scouts, however if they dont have slam they are st00pid.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
I didnt say ALL scouts , i said scouts, however if they dont have slam they are st00pid.
I don't have slam, and from the duel's i had with you, it was IP etc that saved your ass, as you didn't like my cold falchion :sex:

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts get a small shield that his halved vs dual wield,
Hunters get a second mini dot , in the form of the pet + buffs
Rangers get dual wield, and self speed and buffs.

Nothing has changed as the other posters have said

Ranger >> Scout in melee

(Dual wield drops the block rate, one weapon will hit if it doesn't miss, scout with high block rate will have gimped melee weapon skill)

Hunter >> Scout in melee

Stick the pet on the scout and close for melee, the scout has to slam you and the pet if he wants to draw the bow again, cutting the (non ip'ed) slam stun time in half, then melee him down.

Scout bow = ranger bow = hunter bow , unless your stupid enough to stand at max range for the scouts bow and fight arrow duels.

Since NF, one thing needs to be changed for all archers.

Level 10 towers, you can't actually hit anyone on the top floor from the ground without a lot of toa+range bonuses, and even then your well within the range to be blasted by casters, and be killed by multiple arrows.
Scouts can't do this, so I'm sure that the small -range on hunter and ranger bows won't either.

Volley was range nerfed when it was taken off the ra list, this needs to go back in, say about 3000 units (it's currently 2300units)

This will allow both defenders and attackers to disrupt healers on both sides, without being cannon fodder for the casters on the walls, but still be in range of the opposing archers, at the moment to even think of volleying you have to stand right against the wall, which is not the intended use of volley.

if the playing field is equal, ie unbuffed scout vs unbuffed hunter / ranger
the scout will loose every time,
if both sides have equal buffs, the scout will loose every time.

+buffs vs unbuffed , unbuffed will loose.
+time spent playing the character vs powerleveld char , pl char will loose.

DS.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
StonyPony said:
I don't have slam, and from the duel's i had with you, it was IP etc that saved your ass, as you didn't like my cold falchion :sex:

you wish :wanker:

/respect though... you are one off the few i can actually do a 1vs1 with :cheers:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest mate, i don't think scouts having shield skill is that overpowered, as they have nothing else particularly special (spells or dual wield) like rangers and hunters do.

In melee i'll take most scouts out without much of a problem (fz, slam, ra dependant ofc) I remember just a few days ago i took a rr7 scout even though we both got fz in, he slammed and shield tripped and i still killed him
However i run buffed to the teeth with reasonably decent equip, facing a buffed scout unbuffed without having fz would be impossible though.

On the other hand, if a scout slams you and then crit shots you it hurts (even with 30% melee resists) and a lot of the time they will kill me easily by doing this unless i zephyr fast and backstyle them to death or even run.

We all get annoyed when we get beat by scouts due to slam/blocking arrows.

Scout weakness is melee, your a hunter, so stick to zephyring and backstyling them to death :D However hard that is without buffs...

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know about noobness, but I'm sure you do get pwned if you fight anyone unbuffed these days. Fix your gear, get a buffbot and then find a scout and don't keep shooting at him. Then you can see what you are doing wrong now.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Rangers have the advantage with dual wielding vs scouts. Hunters have pet, but gimme a break at the buffs part. Thats not an advantage...what kind of hunter uses his buffs in rvr these days? None cause of bbs...sigh.

Later patch, hunter buffs will stack with normal buffs thou...but thats prolly in a few years or smt.
Only thing hunters can gain usable in BC for rvr, is the pet and speed buff...nothing else.

Scouts is the anti archer class atm, but tbh they always been with shield. They can hardly be beaten in keep/tower fights due to range. If you really can´t take on em...go somewhere else or wait for em to come down.

Im speccing more spear than bow on my hunter, mainly as melee is the best option on scouts, when you have the pet.

Himse

FH is my second home
Glottis said:
To the topicstarter.
Your an unbuffed QQ'ing noob.
Regards, Glottis

To this poster
Your a retard
Regards, Himse

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and contrary to popular belief scouts don't have godmode at keeps, i've killed scouts both attacking and defending keeps lots of times, with a slow bow crit shot + 2 other shots usually kills them.

For example a scout trying to shoot a caster from the tower/keep, as soon as they uncover get a crit shot in and that usually halves their hp i find (hits for 700-1100 dependant on resists and what speed bow is being used)

Or defending a keep, scouts usually try to help pick off casters on the battlements, so again as soon as they unstealth to shoot a caster, crit shot goes in and they are pretty much dead unless being healed / bladeturned by other attackers.

The above is just from personal experience...

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
scouts aint op'd because of shield .....

its a combination of different things that make scouts POWERFULL . BUT NOT overpowered..

kinad was correct above when he said NOTHING has changed in scouts hardly at all apart from new ra's (which aint much diffeent at all) apart from cost of them (which all archers can get).

people whine about scout range . only way u can see full effectiveness of that is on keep raids. whereas if your sat in the open with "shoot me please" above your head. thats your own fault. in open battles scout range doesnt often come into it. because targets are mostly moving in open battle. scouts dont hav e time to get max range to shoot arrows. hence max range isnt viable.

scout melee rocks!! yea we are awesome in melee we can dish out huge aounts of dmge. a lot more dmge than hunters/rangers (yes thats sarcasm)
if a hunter/ranger gets us in melee then high % of tiem ranger/hunter will beat a scout.

people say hunter pets are useless . those blue pets hit for 100% dmge. if not more. hence they are damn usefull lil fookers.

always gettin blocked by scouts shield? try crit shot them from BEHIND they wont block much then.

as for bow dmge iirc the bow dmge throughout the 3 realms ISNT much of a diference maybe 50-100dmge on crits and not much differene either with normal shots (when we talking caps that is) also bear in mind most scouts go 50bow sec. whereas most hunters/rangers spec 45bow . so as to higher there melee skills. hence another reason they whine about our dmge

nobody hardly ever whined about scouts preNF now we got relics . tons of peeps whinng about em.

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Dont forget atlantis.
With NF comming half of server were rolling archers and people had enough time for the FOTM artifacts. Combined with NF environment and new RAs, scouts can do sick melee damage with their low melee spec, and their ranged improved as much as enemies to keep advantage.

The new kind of MoS gives many atlantis items a new power for archers who can always see their only "predators" first.

And 2fg scouts have been seen moving around together lol (theres a new scout guild?). powerfull classes attract more people meaning enemies get swarmed with filth they cant do much about.

Assassins was what kept scouts in FG or inside walls, but in NF theres nothing to fear from assassins (if you made a mistake its not the attackers fault).

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Unfair like assasins/rangers halving our block rate and evade rate? oh you mean unfair for you....righhhhtttt.

hunter pet cuts ur evade/blocking by 50% to.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
hunter pet cuts ur evade/blocking by 50% to.

Aye should have included that but since you need to spec for it i didn't, as i know some mids would whine about having to spec a line to lower scout defence.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Radix said:
Dont forget atlantis.
With NF comming half of server were rolling archers and people had enough time for the FOTM artifacts. Combined with NF environment and new RAs, scouts can do sick melee damage with their low melee spec, and their ranged improved as much as enemies to keep advantage.

The new kind of MoS gives many atlantis items a new power for archers who can always see their only "predators" first.

And 2fg scouts have been seen moving around together lol (theres a new scout guild?). powerfull classes attract more people meaning enemies get swarmed with filth they cant do much about.

Assassins was what kept scouts in FG or inside walls, but in NF theres nothing to fear from assassins (if you made a mistake its not the attackers fault).

Yes 1/2 the server rolled archers, and they come out to own the old scouts
played since beta and guess what, they dont have what it takes.

Mid and hib archers did reroll ns's, sbs, chanters, savages, healers......, while
a good deal of the scouts PLAYED on. Dont expect to beat the best and most experienced archers on the server just because you have a new toon.

I dont expect to beat some of the good hib casters with me lowbie casters,
they are simply that much better in terms of ras and experience.

The other day i was looking at Sopan and Marrow doing dropoff camping, when Hellghost stunned me in the back, fz me and shot me. I was very hurt when fz ended and his pet was on me while he was pumping arrows in me, mistake 1. Now i had limit choices, altho ras up, but to my joy i saw
hunter mistake 2, grey pet. I started killing that silly pet and he
decided to move into melee, ofc i fired a FZ at him inc but it missed, i should maybe have waited but as i said i was very hurt. Now me at 20 % and FZ fired one might think he had a decent chance to win, but the 2 mistakes
from before and the one upcomming cost him his victory. I slam he purges which was mistake 3 since my FZ allready used and not likely i could level
fight in melee in 9 sec, i fire IP and then ST and Purge and then moves away and rest up.

Once again, scout blocking nice in NF keepfights, but the real problem is new
hunters and rangers making mistakes and blame it on class balance.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
you wish :wanker:

/respect though... you are one off the few i can actually do a 1vs1 with :cheers:

IP saved you the first time, or i would have gotten you. 2nd and 3th time, well i messed up horribly :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom