Scout spec

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Was thinking of specing my scout 30 stealth, 39 slash, 40 bow an 42 shield.. Would that be any good for a low rr scout ? :D or should i go 50 bow for mastery of leeching ?

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
45 Longbow
44 Thrust
39 Stealth
18 Shield

Or

35 Stealth
45 Longbow
44 Thrust
25 Shield

Personally I'd go for the first one. Half decent melee (yes no slam) and decent enough bow, not really sure how effective stealth for a scout is anymore but put it high in the hope it is. Haven't played a Scout for a long time. Least it's another couple of options ;>

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
Was thinking of specing my scout 30 stealth, 39 slash, 40 bow an 42 shield.. Would that be any good for a low rr scout ? :D or should i go 50 bow for mastery of leeching ?

Sorry, just noticed I didn't actually help with your question. In truth, I don't know ;D

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Played with this in OF, but as thrust, average at all excels in nothing, does everything, but lacks umph in dmg. Able to kill from range, and perform reasonable in melee, just don't expect anything too high. :p

I currently play the same spec but 41thrust 28stealth now, think its best suited to a higher rr, as no skills are very high and the +skill would really help, so I need to go get of my bum n get some rp grr. But tbh it didn't start to shine for me until rr5.

Average hit as bow is 430-530+crit.
Average hit as melee(thrust) is 180-330+crit (depending on debuffs)

Its ideal for those situations where you slam, go bow, then see that ever so often purge gfx. But even with some ok melee spec, always try to use bow. :p

I believe Stonypony and Roxen are trying it also, Roxen called it a hybrid spec.

50Bow would prob be easier to gain rp at a lower RR.

Best spec to how you prefer to play tho, try some specs out, abit expensive, but in the end you'll find the right thing for you. Believe 45bow 42shield 29melee one is still quite popular.

Take a visit down to www.critshot.com/forums/ pretty good for ideas and infomation.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:

For a low RR scout you might struggle with this template a bit as you need a fair few realm points to get the best from this spec imho. At low RR i think 45 bow, 42 shield, 34 stealth, 29 thrust/slash is a nice spec and doesnt require certain RA's to make it work.

The above spec you mentioned is what i will be once i get chance to sc my armors but i will miss my regular 1100+ crit shots from the 45 bow spec, as jaem says this is the jack of all trades master of none spec.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
not beeing rr5 and not knowing what that shield trip is about....

i'll stick to the classical for now: 42 shield 50 bow

i have been thinking about a spec , just to test it out.. that would fit in into my playstyle.

but i haven't received any decent answers to a couple of questions i still have.

Always the "stealth" question:

36 base stealth +14 : 50 in total
or
50 base stealth + imbued bonuses (if there is an added effect)

50 base stealth would be ..... 50 stealth, 50 bow rest melee if that shield trip is decent.

so what is the last speed increase at? In stealth line? MoS is a bonus to speed... but what does the base stealth value give as speed...

if i have the in-game cash to pay for two respeces , would love to try it.. till then, i'll stick with what i have. just to expensive in-game to test it

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
low rr i guess 45 bow 42 shield 29 slash rest stealth.

once past RR5 the best spec imo if you want to stay slash is : 40 bow 42 shield 39 slash 30 stealth. (and I did alot of testing to base my decission on.)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I would say it depends on your playstyle in the end.

do you want be sniper or melee scout

the scout is versatile to a certain extent bearing in mind, each spec is different & will require time to get use to it.

I would say most thrust specced scouts tend for 35/50/18/42 - the cookie cutter spec

slash scouts tend to spec 34/29/45/42.

I would agree with melee/bow hybrid spec would be 30/39/40/42 specially if you speccing slash. you get a great behind move & access to amy slash and at rr2, you get access to wyrdd's wierd composite spec of 51 melee. Bow dmg can still be neat if you using the right bow. currently Im specced hybrid & cap @ 999 for crit & 499 for regular using Fool's bow & my rr.

if you looking for bow dmg then I suggest the following: GSV, Braggerts, GotLM - should give you 9% bow dmg & spec full bow.

alternativly you can spec: 35/39/50/2x (shield) no slam but great melee & bow dmg

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
my plan was to go high bow so i will be fast rr5 an then go solo spec :D

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
not beeing rr5 and not knowing what that shield trip is about....

i'll stick to the classical for now: 42 shield 50 bow

i have been thinking about a spec , just to test it out.. that would fit in into my playstyle.

but i haven't received any decent answers to a couple of questions i still have.

Always the "stealth" question:

36 base stealth +14 : 50 in total
or
50 base stealth + imbued bonuses (if there is an added effect)

50 base stealth would be ..... 50 stealth, 50 bow rest melee if that shield trip is decent.

Anything over 50 stealh doesnt make a difference, most people spec stealth in the 30's and with items+rr have it around 48-50.

Red HATred said:
so what is the last speed increase at? In stealth line? MoS is a bonus to speed... but what does the base stealth value give as speed...

if i have the in-game cash to pay for two respeces , would love to try it.. till then, i'll stick with what i have. just to expensive in-game to test it

Not sure exactly how the base stealth value works but its very minimal, i personally wouldnt go below MoS4, the increase in stealth speed is just too useful.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
As for items, i personally wouldnt waste your sc on gem of lost memories, only real bonus it gives an archer is that 2% bow damage as you can cap range with gsv/braggarts/sharkskin gloves and it doesn't have bow speed either which is very important. Your better off replacing GoLM with something with higher utility and getting more out of your spellcraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom