Perfect Infiltrator Spec.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
So, i've been wondering about it for a while now.
And i figured that 50 thrust/slash and 50 critical strike would offer the highest damage output. (without the use of poison)

Afterall, 50 thrust/slash means higher Weapskill and more damage with thrust/slash weapons and styles. = You hit harder, and more often.

And 50 critical stike means more damage with crit styles.

PA, garote and hamstring etc.

Now we could easely lower crit to 39, because you don't always get PA in.
The only problem here, is that most people don't really use thrust or slash styles, not even after a successful PA chain. So your damage with crit styles would be lowered. However on the bright side, we have higher growth rate on crit styles than slash/thrust, so it might just even up.

With all this in mind, the spec i ended up with is:
39 Envenom, 39 Stealth, 39 Critical Strike, 13 Dual Wield, and 50 Thrust/Slash. At Realm Rank 1 ofc.

At higher realm ranks, the player should lower envenom and maybe stealth to get more DW instead.

Now, i know that this is the spec most people already use, and its with good reason.

I just wanna look at other possibilities.

If you got a special spec, please share.

:worthy:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
you dont need 50 slash/thrust if you use styles from another line.
a rr2 spec should be 44 cs 35 stealth 38-39 weapon 35 env and rest DW

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
you dont need 50 slash/thrust if you use styles from another line.
a rr2 spec should be 44 cs 35 stealth 38-39 weapon 35 env and rest DW

Yeah, its not needed but higher spec in main weapon skill will increase your weaponskill, and damage with those weapons.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
no its not :) It will increase WS, but this increase has nothing to do if you use cs styles.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
no its not :) It will increase WS, but this increase has nothing to do if you use cs styles.

Afterall, 50 thrust/slash means higher Weapskill and more damage with thrust/slash weapons and styles. = You hit harder, and more often.
This i know.

Tested it myself :D

And with 39 cs, you will style for less damage.

I know that if a rr1 infil with 50 cs and 50 thrust/slash duels another rr1 infil with 44 cs and 39 thrust/slash.
Then the first one will win. (same temp, skills and hit rate etc ofc)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
With 50 CS you will one shot casters pretty much and if you get the evade chain in you will deal the best damage to any class due to the armor debuffs.

At RR5 I am running 35 Stealth, 35 Evenveom, 35 Slash, 34 Dualwield and 50 CS.

Anytime snare from CS means you can sometimes kill one and snare the other and leg it without using vanish.

I was 50 Slash/50 Dualwield before, not comparable really, and I think Dualwield and Slash got stealthnerfed.

With the new styles common specs seem to be 44 CS or 50 DW, rest wyrdish, most style lines should have armor debuffs then.

Triac

Fledgling Freddie
Just a small question what shall u go for as infil. is it more dex. or str. or quick. ?

Just I dont c many Innou infils around, and was thinking about making an infil my self as well using Innou, but talk me out of it if Briton or Saracan is better.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Just a small question what shall u go for as infil. is it more dex. or str. or quick. ?

Just I dont c many Innou infils around, and was thinking about making an infil my self as well using Innou, but talk me out of it if Briton or Saracan is better.

Well if you want to use slash weapons, britons would be fit for the job because they have a reasonable amount of all the stats needed.

Saracen however is what i would recomend any day because of the high base dex. And we all know that evade rate is based on dex.

A saracen should be thrust, as thrust damage is based on 50% str and 50% dex. And with the already high dex, the only thing you would have to worry about is str.

About inconnu's. They lose alot of points into intelligence iirc.
Otherwise, they would prolly be quite effective.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

It doesn't make any difference really for the end game.

I'd do an Inconnu Infi for the look & feel, even considered to roll a 2nd one :).

Lethul

FH is my second home
*ponder* i thought wyrdmath would be standard learning in the Guild of Shadows by now :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
This i know.

Tested it myself :D

And with 39 cs, you will style for less damage.

I know that if a rr1 infil with 50 cs and 50 thrust/slash duels another rr1 infil with 44 cs and 39 thrust/slash.
Then the first one will win. (same temp, skills and hit rate etc ofc)

duh

Now try it with a 39 weapon spec 50 CS vs 50 weapon 50 CS and only use garotte. Then you will get better results. And i'm betting Aikas right arm you will get different results :p

Most infs use 50/50? Omg something has changed since i played fo sho :p

aika

Can't get enough of FH
why my right arm :( bet yours!, but yeah wyrdspec all the way!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
It's nice to know that even in this day and age there's still newbs about..

And hi2u Twinnie and Mani!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
hey dej :) come to EU ! :>

I'm too busy with work shizzle to play anywhere atm and I promised togzy that i'd go zerg the yanks with him when i'm free. :(

He's useless and needs my help to kill anything tbh!

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, its not needed but higher spec in main weapon skill will increase your weaponskill, and damage with those weapons.

As far as i know it has been proved and even confirmed by mythic that weapon damage output from wepon skills is capped at 50 (including +'s) up till RR5 and 51 (including +'s) RR5 and above, so any skill trained after 39 in slash or thrust would be just for the styles in a fully templated inf and would not increase your damage.

Also as far as i knew, critial strike does not raise your weapon damage, it just increases your chance to hit for extra damage when you get a critical hit.

I went a bit of an odd spec on Ashash, he is 39 slash (caps with +11 before rr5), 39 crit (gives last in the chain for PA and a some critical chance), 50 duel wield (with a decent pair of fairly equal speed weapons and +14 i tend to hit with both weapons almost all the time), 36 stealth and no envenom (i chose no envenom because i am lazy and 99% of the time i forget to apply them anyway so they weren't really helping boost my damage anway).

aika

Can't get enough of FH
As far as i know it has been proved and even confirmed by mythic that weapon damage output from wepon skills is capped at 50 (including +'s) up till RR5 and 51 (including +'s) RR5 and above, so any skill trained after 39 in slash or thrust would be just for the styles in a fully templated inf and would not increase your damage.

Also as far as i knew, critial strike does not raise your weapon damage, it just increases your chance to hit for extra damage when you get a critical hit.

I went a bit of an odd spec on Ashash, he is 39 slash (caps with +11 before rr5), 39 crit (gives last in the chain for PA and a some critical chance), 50 duel wield (with a decent pair of fairly equal speed weapons and +14 i tend to hit with both weapons almost all the time), 36 stealth and no envenom (i chose no envenom because i am lazy and 99% of the time i forget to apply them anyway so they weren't really helping boost my damage anway).

Very misleading information here. Weapon damage is capped at 51 combined skill if you use slyles from another line. If you just use slash styles and you have 39+15 slash you will make less dmg than with 50+15 slash. If you use styles from the cs/dw line your dmg will be the same. (although Dual Shadows was bugged so it used your slash weapon skill, but think it was fixed).

Critical Strike increases your damage with critical strike styles(PA,BS,garotte etc). So if you plan to use them, get it at least to 44. Trust me, PA with 50+18 cs on a caster can oneshot him.

Envenom is VERY important, you dont even realise how much that str/con debuff fucks up tanks, even their blockrate is lowered when they are debuffed cause its dependant on their WS, which gets lowered. (and they lose like 900 hp instantly).
When you get some RR's and can get Viper3, the poison ticks for ~120 dmg and eats players very fast if you reapply. You can literally hit a caster unstyled twice, run away and the poison will finish him.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Nice input lads.

But lets not forget that stealth does not cap at 50
Like Roaken told me, 50+13 is better than 37+13.

So a new question rises.

Is 39+11 really enough stealth?

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
36+12 is enough, just get mos2

Sure, you'l be able to detect other assasination classes, exactly when they detect you.

But thats not good enough for me.

We're looking for the perfect spec remember?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
you will detect them at the same with 50+20 stealth as well...

Genedril

Part of the furniture
The bubble increase above 50 modified stealth was negligible iirc & when compared to 50 modified envenom it really wasn't worth it. Though remember you don't need the +11 or whatever actually in suit for envenom. Have multiple weapons & remember to swap stuff to poison them.

Aika is on the button with the weapon spec stuff. Wyrd tested this forever & a day ago. Just hit 51 modified slash/thrust & dump the rest into CS. Don't use anything other than CS styles (why would you with the GR's of CS styles) & your good.

When you say what's the perfect spec do you mean at rr1 or rr11? As you get more rr's you can drop your slash/thrust & raise the other skills along the way.

Does MoS on assassins still not apply the detection bonus to archers btw?

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Aika is on the button with the weapon spec stuff. Wyrd tested this forever & a day ago. Just hit 51 modified slash/thrust & dump the rest into CS. Don't use anything other than CS styles (why would you with the GR's of CS styles) & your good.

I don't doubt that wyrd got a point.
I also know that you will be okay with 39 or even less in your mainskill as long as you have high CS.
My problem is that your WS will be lower, hence you chance to hit will be lower aswell.

When you say what's the perfect spec do you mean at rr1 or rr11? As you get more rr's you can drop your slash/thrust & raise the other skills along the way.

Both

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Not only Wyrd proved it to work, others did too with similar tests.

Albion needs to double spec, but only to a 51 composite.

Above 50 stealth works, that has been confirmed in a grab bag too, but the difference is minimal.

In 1.93 we will get a new stealth detection system anyway, from what I have heard Archers will not longer be able to pop Assas so easily.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't doubt that wyrd got a point.
I also know that you will be okay with 39 or even less in your mainskill as long as you have high CS.
My problem is that your WS will be lower, hence you chance to hit will be lower aswell.

There are several WS, the WS for CS or DW is actually never shown. The WS from 2H or Pole is, you should check it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
your chance to hit wont be lower if you use cs styles.... trust me, my inf was specced 44+18 thurst at one point and there was no difference at all in dmg and hit chance between it and my current spec at 33+18...

my only question was what happens when you get WS debuffed by assasins, but it didnt seem to affect it, at least not that I noticed.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
All right.. i'm fine with going down to 39 with thrust/slash.
But CS should remain at 44 or 50.

However i really insist on higher stealth.
Atleast 40+modifiers.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
All right.. i'm fine with going down to 39 with thrust/slash.
But CS should remain at 44 or 50.

However i really insist on higher stealth.
Atleast 40+modifiers.

But the you lose envenom or DW which then makes it a waste of time. Envenom increases your dps & lowers the opponents while DW is just a sure fire way to increase dps. I'm sure that DW doesn't use the same mechanics as LA so therefore if you're going to bother envenoming both weapons you need your CS to be as high as possible.

As you want both I'd start with the cookie cutter of:

50 CS (though it's common enough to have 44) - modified = 61
39 slash/thrust - @rr2 that's modified 51
34 envenom - modified 45 with swapouts.
21 DW - you'll probably not be able to get +11 in your suit (been a while since I did my ns).
39 stealth with whatever you can fit in your suit.

@rr5
50 CS
36 slash/thrust - still hitting 51
35 envenom - you're at modified 50 with swapouts now.
29 dw
39 stealth (if you really want to have 50+ stealth....)

@rr11
50 CS
30 slash/thrust
29 envenom
41 dw
39 stealth

Though a lot of the above depends on what you can actually fit in your suit ofc... It may make sense to not drop slash/thrust so you don't have to imbue your suit with it meaning you can stick whatever you like in there that gives you something else.

Personally don't see the point in having more than 50 stealth, the detection isn't going to help you do anything other than avoid an enemy stealther. By the time you get to attack range then they'll see you too (if they remember to pan & gubbins like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom