Scout Questions

Snorlig

Fledgling Freddie
I have some questions I need to ask about Scouts.. please don't spam and go on about rubbish.

1./ Which is a better artifact to use as the weapon, Golden Spear, Traitors Dagger or Sun Weapon

2./ Which shield is best to use for a Scout?

3./ GSV or GoV for a Scout?

4./ Why Winged Helm? not really very good.

5./ Finally, Which bow.. Fools bow or Braggarts bow?

Regards, Snorlig.

:flame: /No Flaming Permitted!!!\ :flame:

Nibbles

Fledgling Freddie
Snorlig said:
1./ Which is a better artifact to use as the weapon, Golden Spear, Traitors Dagger or Sun Weapon
The lvl 10 offensive proc of traitors even can be used when you have the weapon equipped at your back. So maybe get traitors and another weapon of your choice.

Snorlig said:
Tbh, I would say get a crafted shield and put some stats on it that fit into the melee part of your sc-config i.e. shield skill and melee skill/stat or some melee resists.

Snorlig said:
Again I would say a crafted piece of armor to fill the stat/resist gap some artefacts might cause.

Snorlig said:
I think main reason for it is the speed-ability but it is not worth it as the utility is bad all in all for that piece of armor.

Snorlig said:
Braggarts Bow seemed to be the better choice, but I am using fools bow and I am very pleased with it. Advantage is that fools bow levels damn fast on realm points. Plus you can get that artefact solo quite easy.

One last thing, I suggest you to get mariashas sharkskin gloves as that ones have a very good utility for an artefact.

After all, you have to build up your sc config by yourself. That is only my view of things, some peeps might have other opinions. So, best is, get yourself a sc-calculator and play a bit with the stats of some artefacts found at the VoS-Homepage:
http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Snorlig said:
I have some questions I need to ask about Scouts.. please don't spam and go on about rubbish.

Thrust: Golden spear main hand, traitors dagger 2handed slot for shapechange etc.. switch to traitors in certain cases where it might come in handy. Imo ofcourse.

Slash: Battler or Malice. Have Battler myself and like the absorb debuff/buff. It gives me 19% extra absorb every 15 mins while debuffing my target an equal ammount. The accuracy boost also noticably increases dmg. Malice axe's proc is nasty, haven't got it so can't comment on it other than that, but it has killed me earlier, like the battler ability has killed some of my targets. Getting hit for 22dmg by a ns made me smile, alot.

A playercrafted shield with stats to fit your template and a healproc, or some other shield with a healproc, avoid con/hp on shield or weapon since you'll lose them when switching to bow.

GSV if you want the archery bonuses or GoV if you're more into melee.(or just can't stand xping gsv.)

Winged helm has a speedspell like hunters and rangers have except it lasts 10 mins. The -75% styledamage ability is also good. It's a PA killer. Also works nicely in normal combat..

Fools bow on keepdoors and in fg vs fg, braggarts for sniping since the rangebonus on the bow and the arrows summoned by the bow is good. Fools bow is also a piece of cake to level compared to braggarts so nice to just have.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
You know that braggarts has a higher dps(not talking about the 16.5dps) than bullhorn aussie? ;)

Braggarts is only 5.4spd, hitting harder than bullhorn. And you get to have as much archery dmg % as poss.

And further range with the arrows. Harder to sc around tho.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Braggarts: 16.5*5.4= 89.1*1.09= 97.119
Bullhorn: 16.5*5.6= 92.4*1.05= 97.02
Immolated 16.3*5.8= 94.54*1.05= 99.267

This is with the 1.70 arti gem of lost memories which give 2% dmg. Take away 2% and you have this patch. The reason is the 4% dmg on the braggarts which add to cap.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=13552

lvl 6: Bonus to archery damage 3%

http://www.cairdeas.net/daoc/toa/artifacts/braggart.shtml

6 Bonus to archery damage 3%

Braggarts: 16.5*5.4= 89.1*1.08= 96.2
Bullhorn: 16.5*5.6= 92.4*1.05= 97.02

add the +13 dexcap and the 5% slash decrease proc from Bullhorn to it and I think we know whois the winner :m00:

It's 16.5*5.4= 89.1*1.09= 97.119
and 16.5*5.6= 92.4*1.06= 97.944

The archery %dmg items still add up to 9%.. 4%gsv, 3braggarts and 2 gem.. bullhorn can get use of 4% and 2%..

http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/artifacts/braggart.html this link says that it's 4% on braggarts too tho, and that's the one I looked at for the calcs, still got 3% in my temp I see.. I've seen both 4% and 3% version's listed, so dunno which is right.. atm it seems like 3% is more used on templates, so that might be right and vos wrong.

Keep in mind that the 5% slash debuff is infact a 2.5% debuff against targets not slash resistance buffed, so no great value in that. :p When using braggarts you also get 5% more range, NOT counting the arrows with the range bonus, so it adds up to a few 100 locs in total.. more in elevated positions.. And braggarts is ofc firing at more than 0.2s faster. Dex and archery haste makes the speed diff. greater than that aswell. And there's 6 dex cap on braggarts, so there's only 7 cap diff.

And last but not least, if you're after the max hits, why not go for immolated? :p

Aussie

Banned
new jewel + gloves + gsv = 9% range
brag bow +5 range = useless ktnx

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH

Traitors, SoM shade + lifetaping pets is kinda nice when you won't be dealing any melee dmg.

PC. Buckler, its 2.8spd, you'll need spd more then dmg with slam if your a slam bow scout.

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
new jewel + gloves + gsv = 9% range
brag bow +5 range = useless ktnx

lol, show me a template with that jewel, that's better than the one I made already with Braggart's, MSG and GSV.

using LongBow:

+11 LongBow
+11 Stealth
+26 Dexcap
+10% Speed
+10% Range
+7% Damage
+10 Fatigue (2 more regular shots)
+100 Dex
+68 Quickness

kthx :p

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Snorlig said:

Regards, Snorlig.

1. First choice would be a legendary heat weapon, then maybe sun weapon. Golden Spear is a pain in the arse to level, stear well clear unless you plan on grouping up to farm gorgons a lot.

2. Best shield is a crafted buckler.

3. Reactive on the GSV is an insta win - it may be a bitch to level but its worth it.

4. Winged helm, only for extreme dandy boys imo ;)

5. Bow wise, its still hard to beat an MP Heavy Longbow, but if you must have something fancy, try an Immolated Bow, or Fools for faster firing and the easiest leveling artifact you'll ever find.

Aussie

Banned
Greenfingers said:
lol, show me a template with that jewel, that's better than the one I made already with Braggart's, MSG and GSV.

using LongBow:

+11 LongBow
+11 Stealth
+26 Dexcap
+10% Speed
+10% Range
+7% Damage
+10 Fatigue (2 more regular shots)
+100 Dex
+68 Quickness

kthx :p

show me your balanced template :m00:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Balanced? Green doesnt do balanced.
Looking at his item wish-list he'll probably have that lot completed sometime in 2007 ;)

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
If you can afford to wait a bit (or just use a similar one in the meanwhile...) :

Patch 1.70.x:

- The Belt of the Sun now summons bow versions of the sun weapons.

Stats:
Spd 5.5 Dps 16.5
Longbow 6
Dex 27

Bonus vs All
Archery Damage 2%
Archery Speed 2%
Archery Range 2%

Proc: Energy dmg w/resist decrease

Damage 60
Resist decrease (Energy) 35%
Range 350
Duration 15 secs

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Nerve said:
- The Belt of the Sun now summons bow versions of the sun weapons.
Dont bet on having it in 1.70. Currently on US servers belt of sun bows are disabled again: they were bugged. It will be fixed but whether or not thats in the version of 1.70 we get is anyones guess at this stage.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
True, but they will arrive at some point, a matter of time really...

Draylor said:
Dont bet on having it in 1.70. Currently on US servers belt of sun bows are disabled again: they were bugged. It will be fixed but whether or not thats in the version of 1.70 we get is anyones guess at this stage.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
with a scouts average life expectancy i wouldn't count on sun bow being available too often :p

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
I don't post it for everyone to see it, as I haven't finished the work on it, it has been posted on HB forums already, for members only ofc :p

ask Dray how it looks ... or Tranquil (enigma) ... or Illienwyn .. he spams here alot :m00:

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Snorlig said:

Regards, Snorlig.

1) All pretty much the same, but as i was told if we get into melee we are doing something wrong.

2) I use cyclops shield but ill be switching to the ML9 shield (enchanted runed something or other)

3) GSV all the way, the lev 10 proc is very nice for dealing with pesky SB's and the added 3% to melee resists is nice for us.

4) Ill be switching to winged helm, a little extra speed is always very helpful for running away from the pesky SB's above

5) Only 1 bow to go with until NF. Bullhorn bow all the way, no other bow comes close. I have tested pretty much every bow in the game and Bullhorn is the best while we have MOA. In NF ill be switching to braggarts as i will lose the 2 sec non crit on bullhorn.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Greenfingers said:
I don't post it for everyone to see it, as I haven't finished the work on it, it has been posted on HB forums already, for members only ofc :p

ask Dray how it looks ... or Tranquil (enigma) ... or Illienwyn .. he spams here alot :m00:

this ?

Greenfingers said:
Config Report

LongBow

Stats

Str: 64 Int: 0 Hits: 232
Con: 74 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 100 Cha: 0
Qui: 68 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 27 Energy: 32 Crush: 18
Cold: 27 Matter: 25 Thrust: 13
Heat: 27 Spirit: 11 Slash: 18

Skills

11 Longbow
11 Stealth

Focus

Cap Increases

16 Qui
25 Dex
40 Hits
10 AF

Other Bonuses

11 Archery Speed Bonus
7 Archery Damage Bonus
12 Archery Range Bonus
10 Fatigue
5 Melee Speed Bonus

Melee

Stats

Str: 79 Int: 0 Hits: 232
Con: 74 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 99 Cha: 0
Qui: 52 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 27 Energy: 32 Crush: 24
Cold: 27 Matter: 25 Thrust: 27
Heat: 27 Spirit: 11 Slash: 27

Skills

9 Longbow
11 Stealth
8 Shield
10 Slash

Focus

Cap Increases

16 Qui
25 Dex
40 Hits
10 AF

Other Bonuses

7 Archery Damage Bonus
4 Melee Damage Bonus
8 Melee Speed Bonus
11 Archery Speed Bonus
12 Archery Range Bonus
10 AF Bonus
10 Fatigue

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
cmon tranquil don't give up :m00:

Give up? I just have other things to do but forums once in a while. ;)

As I said, if you want max cap, why not go immolated? And don't forget the braggarts rangebonus arrows. Besides, braggarts 2 sec normal shot > bullhorn in nf.

Aussie

Banned
enigma said:
Give up? I just have other things to do but forums once in a while. ;)

As I said, if you want max cap, why not go immolated? And don't forget the braggarts rangebonus arrows. Besides, braggarts 2 sec normal shot > bullhorn in nf.
MSG has +dmg +range arrows =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom