Scenario = FUN

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
They had the balls to copy wow, down to the login "handshaking".

"QQ, you copied WoW, QQ"....the unintelligable cry of the Lesser Wanted QQ Monkey often accompanied by the mating call "QQ, Why is it not DAOC2, QQ" which often attracts likeminded chimps so they can pick fleas off each other while swinging from a tree trying not to spontaneously combust with rage often bought-on by over-excessive consumption of Tantrumite, the common food of the LWQQ Monkey.

Incredibly enough, the LWQQM has an evolutionary self-preservation ability, it has absolutely no ears and has no method of comprehending any other creature other than it's own species. As such they have no concept of the surrounding world, choosing instead to exist in ignorant bliss they spend their entire lives in a self-induced self-opinionation-bubble. Because they are always right, they have evolved to this point whereby they no longer need to prove they are right by means of debate, conversation, argument or justification, thanks to Darwinian-like evolution they can simply receed into their bubble safe in the knowledge the world agrees with them. Because they can hear no opposition, there can be no opposition, QED.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
"QQ, you copied WoW, QQ"....the unintelligable cry of the Lesser Wanted QQ Monkey often accompanied by the mating call "QQ, Why is it not DAOC2, QQ" which often attracts likeminded chimps so they can pick fleas off each other while swinging from a tree trying not to spontaneously combust with rage often bought-on by over-excessive consumption of Tantrumite, the common food of the LWQQ Monkey.

Incredibly enough, the LWQQM has an evolutionary self-preservation ability, it has absolutely no ears and has no method of comprehending any other creature other than it's own species. As such they have no concept of the surrounding world, choosing instead to exist in ignorant bliss they spend their entire lives in a self-induced self-opinionation-bubble. Because they are always right, they have evolved to this point whereby they no longer need to prove they are right by means of debate, conversation, argument or justification, thanks to Darwinian-like evolution they can simply receed into their bubble safe in the knowledge the world agrees with them. Because they can hear no opposition, there can be no opposition, QED.

Gloves are off =) LET THE FLAME WAR START! :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Loxelyhood, ego is a wonderful thing. If I recall correctly, FH offered a place for the DAOC forums to reside when BarrysWorld was closed down.

And for the record I was under a lot of pressure from non-DAOCer's to not host you. You didn't create it, DAOC had its own little area away from the rest of the forums. Obviously they were not as busy as DAOC.

Anyway, back on topic. If your opinion of the game doesn't violate any of the CoC then it will not be deleted. Simple.

You can't deny 90% of the barryworld users were daoc'ers - am i wrong in assuming that?

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Gloves are off =) LET THE FLAME WAR START! :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Let the kid be alone, it took him 5 hours and 2 dictionaries to post that reply. Go back to playing WAR and defending it from all the evil ones on forums that are not liking it!

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
Im lvl 11, you gimp. RR8 or whatever it's called. I got into the game right on the first day... AAAND ....

The rvr still suck! Go roleplay.

Sorry who are you? Someone with an ego problem it seems as I have never found it worth noticing your name prior to you calling me a gimp. Obviosuly though had i been refering to you specificaly I would have not made any comment removed War from my HD and sat patiently as you have gotten to the hallowed heights of lvl 11 and are thus obviously correct in all your assumptions as the game makes no changes between lvl 11 and max lvl.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
wow invented everything on earth, possibly even the world itself who knows :)

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
yeah WoW may have made everything but it didn't make RvR, that was solely DaoC.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
On topic: Scenarios are great fun - though some are more appealing that others (I enjoy Nordenwatch alot more than Khaine's Embrace for example). But I love you fact you can queue and carry on enjoying the rest of the game - they give you a good way to get to know what your class can do without being in the open rvr which can sometimes be a bit too dominated by one side or the other (though also fun).

My only gripe with scenarios is that they give too much xp leading me to outlevel my tier long before I wanted to :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
On topic: Scenarios are great fun - though some are more appealing that others (I enjoy Nordenwatch alot more than Khaine's Embrace for example). But I love you fact you can queue and carry on enjoying the rest of the game - they give you a good way to get to know what your class can do without being in the open rvr which can sometimes be a bit too dominated by one side or the other (though also fun).

My only gripe with scenarios is that they give too much xp leading me to outlevel my tier long before I wanted to :p

xp off function would be nice to keep characters in level range for a certain scenario.

my engineer just dinged level 12 in a scenario i almost feel like deleting it and creating it anew. oh well, time to roll another class i guess :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I for one hope they will never give us an xp off command.
Game gets ruined by twinks that just spend insane amount of time pimpin' their char(s) for the t1 Scenario, we already had that with t2 gear in t1 when that was still possible but with exp off they will just farm all level 11 PQ/infuence rewards instead.

And I am pretty sure they stated in the CB forums that they wont ever implent an exp off for that same reason.
It's not fun for new players to get owned over and over not because of skill but because of gear, let WoW be the game where gear matters and leave WAR be a skill based game imo.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Game gets ruined by twinks that just spend insane amount of time pimpin' their char(s) for the t1 Scenario, we already had that with t2 gear in t1 when that was still possible but with exp off they will just farm all level 11 PQ/infuence rewards instead.

And I am pretty sure they stated in the CB forums that they wont ever implent an exp off for that same reason.
It's not fun for new players to get owned over and over not because of skill but because of gear, let WoW be the game where gear matters and leave WAR be a skill based game imo.

Was about to post something to this effect.
:cheers:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie

I agree I wouldn't want /xp off but the xp gained at the end of a scenario could be toned down as it doesn't relate to any kind of active contribution you could level up by sitting afk in scenarios all day :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Dont understand people who keep on with the, omg they copied this they copied that. If it works why break it?

Would you rather have a developer say, hey we made a totally game breaking way to controll your chars, you need 4 hands two feet and your nose. Press 11 keys to run forward to turn around smash your keyboard onto your computer. Ohh and when you get a new quest we will mail you the quest info after two weeks.

Most use the same "system" cause we are used to it they use "similar" ui cause its easy to handle.

Yes the scenarios are "similar" to WoW battlegrounds, and they are fun. :)
Even more fun when you as a melee get good healing backup.

The only thing i hate, That tome of knowlegde so god dam much info to read :) I think its cool it keeps track of everything. Ding 500 greenskins killed. By level 10, 30k xp from tome of knowledge :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I agree I wouldn't want /xp off but the xp gained at the end of a scenario could be toned down as it doesn't relate to any kind of active contribution you could level up by sitting afk in scenarios all day :)

i think i`ve seen enough people who just enter scenarios and then go afk for 15 mins, then join the next scenario and go afk again :/

it`s kinda funny to ding 12 in a scenario, get chickened and get one shotted :lol:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
i think i`ve seen enough people who just enter scenarios and then go afk for 15 mins, then join the next scenario and go afk again :/

it`s kinda funny to ding 12 in a scenario, get chickened and get one shotted :lol:

Gah, thats very annoying and has started happening a lot recently. Almost every scenario has 1/2 players who are just afk the entire time, next round they are back and afk again. Anyone know if there is a mechanic that removes players if they sit in the "safe zone" of scenarios for too long? If not i wonder why not :)

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
The Sun rises and Sets, the tide comes in and goes out, Loxley is a retard.. some things never change tbh :p

Mythic need to implement something that boots you outta a Scenario if your afk for more than a couple of mins or something....

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Even if they introduced a timer, it would be easy to bot your way around it, as so many did in WoW.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Ok then make it so if your a habitual afk'er in scenarios, a Mythic Deathsquad turns up and your living abode and terminates you... voila.. no more afk'ers!

Seriously though there must be a way to punish these people, slap some kinda ban on them entering scenarios for 1hr or something if they get booted from being afk in scenario for more than xx minutes, something... anything!

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I guess best thing to do would be to work it on dmg dealt/healed maybe?

Gotta deal x amount to gain secnario xp boost, or maybe just report someone for afk and they have 10 second sto leave the start zone?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I guess best thing to do would be to work it on dmg dealt/healed maybe?

Gotta deal x amount to gain secnario xp boost, or maybe just report someone for afk and they have 10 second sto leave the start zone?

i think it would be fair if you don`t heal or haven`t done any damage that you get no xp or renown.

or else they could have a GM spawn some unfriendly mobs to kill those characters to discourage this sort of anti social behaviour.:lol:

/hides.

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe have two start/spawn places, and alternate them ever few minutes, with the non used one teleporting them outside the instance

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
as far as i can tell, there is no way of actually leaving the scenario, so a lot of people who need an afk or anything just can`t leave the scenario to leave their spot for someone else joining late...

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a big glowing rune behind where you enter, run into that and you get the option to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom