Scenario = FUN

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
Nordland Watch was seriously good fun tonight. I usually prefer open field RVR but this was great. even in closed beta i didnt have this much fun.

If your still having trouble getting registered dont stress cos its worth it :D

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Nordland looks piss poor in comparison to the Elf scenario. :p

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, Nordland has much more tactics than Elves due to 3 capture points and multi lvls. Elves is just each sid eowns a cap point and one rushes the other, although my experience is limited in the elves.

Plus, as a WH, incognito and the multilevels of Nordland is made for each other :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
I like the High Elf one.. the big bomb that goes off when you capture all the points and the noobs keep yelling 'wtf why i die why die why die'

Horseman

Fledgling Freddie
the game isnt even released yet and ur talking alrdy about noobs

u must be a wow player(or a counterstrike player)

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I like the High Elf one.. the big bomb that goes off when you capture all the points and the noobs keep yelling 'wtf why i die why die why die'

Laugh, i was in a scenario with you.

/laughed at you, while you cried at people not to die.. "OMFGZ1111 NOOBS 1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Scenario = wow rvr. Don't like it... it's 70% 10 year olds running around like chickens without heads.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Laugh, i was in a scenario with you.

/laughed at you, while you cried at people not to die.. "OMFGZ1111 NOOBS 1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Scenario = wow rvr. Don't like it... it's 70% 10 year olds running around like chickens without heads.

i agree, felt like wow queueing for ages for a game anyway :)

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
omg invade my post with all your bullshit about wow and noobs lol......

Whats the problem with a que when you can wait anywhere you want, doing a pq or killing peeps in the rvr zone.

Sadly not many people in the rvr zones currently. Scenario is the only option for a good fight that last longer than "you kill them once so they don't come back" open field rvr.

Is the server pop that low ??

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
omg invade my post with all your bullshit about wow and noobs lol......

Whats the problem with a que when you can wait anywhere you want, doing a pq or killing peeps in the rvr zone.

Sadly not many people in the rvr zones currently. Scenario is the only option for a good fight that last longer than "you kill them once so they don't come back" open field rvr.

Is the server pop that low ??

/who all gave me 2 people.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It is the fuckin crack of dawn :p

Yeah i am lvl 12 in the Shadowlands got the zone to myself lol

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Or me who thinks I can risk touching the explosion at its max range.

-20000 dmg :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Haha Repped as its so true

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I liked the frontier system in daoc so I will nodoubt spend alot of my time there in Warhammer. However the BG's are so much better than any other games for one simple fact.

I can xp in an area, then click to join a BG. I can carry on questing till I am prompted to join the Scenario. After the Scenario I am back where I was leveling. It's a nice way to have a break from pve, also you do not have to go out your way for it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I liked the frontier system in daoc so I will nodoubt spend alot of my time there in Warhammer. However the BG's are so much better than any other games for one simple fact.

I can xp in an area, then click to join a BG. I can carry on questing till I am prompted to join the Scenario. After the Scenario I am back where I was leveling. It's a nice way to have a break from pve, also you do not have to go out your way for it.

yep i love that just a shame it can take hours to join one :0

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
yep i love that just a shame it can take hours to join one :0

Go to the Chaos/Empire zone, all afternoon the longest i had to wait for a scenario was 5 minutes, normal wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute :)

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah scenario is fun tonight..I been top dmg dealer on my BW last 5 nordenwatch - with around 25000 total dmg done and 8000+ exp each round is very very fast to level up :)

Crispin

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i was honestly abit dissapointed about the scenario, didnt seem much different from another game i wont mention here.

All in all it reminded me of trying lotro with pvp :x (i know i'll get some :flame: for saying that)

This is obviously first impressions, but that's usually what keeps me going at a game.

Btw does anyone know if this is the release graphics? textures are somewhat terrible with everything maxed out, i was hoping for a 2008 game to be looking abit more up to date, not asking for aoc stuff, but i'd dare to say that a unnamed game which is years old is pretty close in looks.

Anyways off to get some more "first impressions".

One good thing so far, witch hunter seems like a cool class for sure.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The graphics suck to be fair i've forced my card to do alot of things but there isn't much improvement.. shadows are a joke btw they might as well take them out completely :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The graphics suck to be fair i've forced my card to do alot of things but there isn't much improvement.. shadows are a joke btw they might as well take them out completely :p

I think the graphics are very "Warhammer" and in that, they are excellent.

They are better than some mmorpg's and good enough for their purpose, but not too highly detailed to cause unnecessary lag during pvp.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
All in all it reminded me of trying lotro with pvp :x (i know i'll get some :flame: for saying that)

I would disagree. LOTRO has much better graphics and having played both, i can't see any similarities except the obvious (orc, elf, fantasy setting etc).

LOTRO has pvp and it's nothing like Warhammer.

B

Benedictine

I love the scenarios - will prefer open rvr though. Scenarios feel alot like Guild Wars

Narly

Fledgling Freddie
I know it doesn't belong in this thread... But just need to ask... Are you supposed to start all over with a char every time? Cause mine doesn't seem to be saved...

Aada

Part of the furniture
I think the graphics are very "Warhammer" and in that, they are excellent.

They are better than some mmorpg's and good enough for their purpose, but not too highly detailed to cause unnecessary lag during pvp.

I honestly don't think the graphics are on par with wow atm.

Maybe that will change at release and they are holding things back.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The Graphics are excellent tbh, far far far better than WoW.
(the shadows seen great to me, they aren't 'blobs'

Love the scenarios, I'm still trying to work out as a DoK whether to go head first in or stand back and be a bit more careful! Thats part of the fun though.

The HE/Delf pairing seems a bit more in favour of HE from the few I've played, the Delfs don't really have a heavy tank like the SM.

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
Got to agree, loved the scenarios a lot more than I anticipated, so much fun and I even managed to stay alive the whole time! Great Xp, Great fun, what more could you ask for? To be fair I even liked the Public Quests, the rolling system can be a bit of a kick in the nuts at time but gameplay wise it's fun.

What server are you guys all playing on? (Order and Dest Chars)

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm lovin the scenarios but its startin to get miserable very quick as a WH before lvl 10. Tanks home in on you and everyone FFs you, its miserable compared to Sunday/Monday when I had a bit more freedom! Once you hit 10 and get incognito its easier...

Empire are also really strugglin without tanks. Chosen and even marauders just soak up the dmg and sorcs and magus droppin those AoE roots is insane, one game a magus/sorc combo locked our melee team down around the flag and the tanks walked round nuking each of us in turn :S

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
So far so good. Nice to swap in and out of BG's and xping. PQ's are good as well. Nice to see some original ideas. Looks like lots to explore in the game mechanics.

Gfx are better than WoW though similar in concept. Whilst i really liked the gfx in Lotro and Aoc, I don't think you can have mass rvr in those games without high end computer rigs. I have a good set up and throughout numerous battles with lots of other players did not get one sniff of lag running high settings on my 30" monitor. The same set up coped with AOC but it wasn't always smooth.

My first impressions are that this is a good game. It may not be a stunning and immersive roleplaying experience (well not for me at any rate) but as something to have fun playing the omens are very good indeed.

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
U wont be complaining about the graphics when u see a 100 man zerg running at you through the streets of Praag.......try and run that on full with all the aoe effects, makes the daoc aoe effects look simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom