Scenario = FUN

Crispin

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if done right, people could adjust their graphic settings to thoose 100vs100 fights, I dont see why there's a need to force everyone down on an extremely low level of gfx imo.

Atm wow looks better than what i'm seeing, looks to be mainly textures that are messed up, I doubt it'll be like this at release, just saying that it's a huuge turn off incase it is.

The "similarity" to lotro was merely based on the first view i got on their beta, buildings characters and nametags remind me alot of it, never did get very far in lotro so can't comment on it gameplay wise, although it was as expected, kill 3of this and 5 of that etc.

The pvp xp is however a very nice change.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh im not impressed at all with WaR, the game sure has some cool features but from rvr point of view DAOC was 10 times better.

So still waiting for the origins server mythic is putting up, old frontiers no toa,ml's,champ levels etc all set back to 2001/2002....that WILL be pure pwnage

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
I think its great, loving most things about the game, the rvr is very good enjoying that a lot, i've a squig herder which is so fun to play.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
well so far im loving it, the scenarios are great fun and its especially fab that you can jump in and out without upsetting your questing location

the graphics imo are fine, they do the job they need to do, and tbh i would rather have a game i can play than uber graphics (guess what game i played last)

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh im not impressed at all with WaR, the game sure has some cool features but from rvr point of view DAOC was 10 times better.

So still waiting for the origins server mythic is putting up, old frontiers no toa,ml's,champ levels etc all set back to 2001/2002....that WILL be pure pwnage

Totally agree with you. I am not impressed either. Mythic didn't have the balls to make their own game, and it's not so hard to see what game they have been looking at which is a shame since that game is the one game I hate more than any other on this planet.

DAoC Origins now please...

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
This game is NOT daoc2, and yes people have said numerous times that it is similar to WOW.

Also to say RVR was better on daoc is quite an assumption when I imagine most of the players are not even in T2 yet. When below level 10 did you even think about doing rvr in daoc on release??

My issue with RVR was in t4. The zones feel quite narrow and not so free to roam.

I think the future of WAR will be much like daoc in that Mythic will constantly adjust/tweak and add content. daoc on its release didn't hardly resemble the daoc we see now.

chaostheory

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i like it been playing a zealot and enjoy it alot.
They have done a nice job with it tbh and cant wait to get home from work tonight.

I do like the quest that involved everyone on the main area than then leads to a box dropping for everyone to random on very nice added bonus tbh.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Like people said, it aint daoc2, far from.
So stop the whine and play smth else, we can do w/o people who aint happy playing this game.

The rvr from rank 1-40 is very refreshing, plus all kinds of rvr. Grinding mobs and as a break do a scenario :)

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Like people said, it aint daoc2, far from.
So stop the whine and play smth else, we can do w/o people who aint happy playing this game.

The rvr from rank 1-40 is very refreshing, plus all kinds of rvr. Grinding mobs and as a break do a scenario :)
We have the right to whine as much as we want to, don't like it? You know where the door is. No one said DAoC 2, but we didn't want WoW 1.5 either.

Sloand:
Yea you're right about the content we'll see what happens.

chaostheory

Fledgling Freddie
We have the right to whine as much as we want to, don't like it? You know where the door is. No one said DAoC 2, but we didn't want WoW 1.5 either.

Sloand:
Yea you're right about the content we'll see what happens.

Sorry m8 but you must be blind if you could not tell it looked like wow from screen shots.
That said it's down to the people if they like it or not but wow must have something going for it to have that many Subs.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's a crossover between Daoc and Wow with some new flavor and some original fresh ideas; get over it, the horse got beaten to oblivion.
If you really are so keen to only play Daoc, wait for Origins, it's simple as that.
I did tested up to Tier 3 and i had fun, for me it's all that counts.

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
Early DAOC rvr on excal consisted of riding a horse to the port, waiting 5 minutes at the port, running to the mile gate where a huge laggy zerge would be nuking anything foolish enough to approach the enemy. Back in the days when moving about a game was used to pad out content (unfortunately AoC hadn't moved on from that). As it was my first mmorpd, they could have served shit on a stick (indeed I vaguely remember an event reward that looked remarkably like it) and I'd have been happy. WAR looks like they have learnt lessons from other games and added some new stuff. Doesn't mean the game is perfect at launch but it does imply that some people who created an excellent game with DAOC are still firing on all cylinders and we have lots to look forward too.

It may be that the game lacks content later, the RvR is too one dimensional (wow) or I just get bored, I don't know. Maybe I will join the unlucky people who after three years of waiting have found a game they don't like. But today, I think Mythic have done a great job.

One hint that may help those who dont like the first look, having played loads of MMorpgs I always play to level 20 (say 15-17 in this cos of the low level cap) to get a real feel for a game. Until you have some real choices in abilities that allow skill in character play it is hard to truly judge a game. Of course if you reach for the sick bucket every time you see the loading screen that may not work .)

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Nordland Watch was seriously good fun tonight. I usually prefer open field RVR but this was great. even in closed beta i didnt have this much fun.

If your still having trouble getting registered dont stress cos its worth it :D

Agreed, me and a few lads from my guild managed to get two groups into the same scenario twice in a row, all on vent, most fun i've had in a while.

Loving WAR atm, have to say it was well worth the wait.

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
I loved neocron just for the pvp but really it just looked shit, i didnt know any better.... I think after nearly 10 years of online gaming everyones standards are jumping beyond the limits of designers imaginations......

We should all form up a games company and design a game thats the best yet. we could get about 20000 people on the dev team. See if its possible to keep everyone happy :)

In the meantime im happy to play WAR.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Tried Nord scenario on my lvl 10 chosen and had loads of fun but without some sort of charge I was constantly raped by ranged chars by the time I was close enough to do damage. Do tanks get some kind of charge later on?

Created a Sorc now to try out. Certainly quicker solo lvl'in than my chosen. Two bolts and most mobs same lvl die.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
hawkwind you just need a healer to back you up ;)

but yea, think they do, saw a movie of sword master doing a leap atleast, that is, he would for sure break the record in long jump

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
Ranged does matter a lot at lower levels but in a 12 v 12 scenario a good group will just dominate, so tank+healer combos are pretty fearsome.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree with you. I am not impressed either. Mythic didn't have the balls to make their own game, and it's not so hard to see what game they have been looking at which is a shame since that game is the one game I hate more than any other on this planet.

DAoC Origins now please...

They had the balls to ignore the DAoC QQ-monkeys and make a game which will appeal to a lot more than the 1337 crowd who I really don't think any online game really wants in their player base.

Thousands will love this game for being Warhammer and not DAoC 2, enjoy Origins :)

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
They had the balls to ignore the DAoC QQ-monkeys and make a game which will appeal to a lot more than the 1337 crowd who I really don't think any online game really wants in their player base.

Thousands will love this game for being Warhammer and not DAoC 2, enjoy Origins :)

For this comment sir you deserve rep...have some.

So long as there is no stealth r*pe in this game then its much better than daoc. People need to get over that or move back to the origins servers and play with the other 5 stealthers there.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
The scenarios was hillarious =) Made a run with my DoK last night and even thou I'm a healer it was intense =) Ppl havn't run them for so long yet but the quality of the BG is showing... Was very impressed.. But then again I had expected something like wow... 4 hours WSG or something like that :p

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie

Hard to compare the 2 games, however i do belive as i said daoc has had the best rvr experience up to date on any mmorpg.

That mythic do WaR i can understand, cause the drove daoc down the dirt with bad expansion packs etc..but overall Daoc is and i think will remain the best mmorpg in the market that is built on pvp.To me WaR is a mix of Wow,daoc,War nothing really new and fresh in it.

Also bottom line is that they need about 2-3k on the server and i will be happy...im quite sure there number will be alot greater than that and "maybe" they will even have to put up another server..But that is all up to mythic but the facts they have left for ppl I do belive the game will be great once more and will attract alot of former and current daoc players.

For my own part i very mutch hope so due to that i love daoc, that is why i played it for long time, not the WoW wannabe pvp where you MUST have all in BG to do win and from experience 10% of the alliance can play in the BG meaning alot of losses in Daoc i could solo,duo,trio,group etc with ppl i chose not ones i just got random in grp with.

Anyways for you going to WaR GL with your gaming and ppl that like me wait for origins SEE YOU THERE:flame:

ps! btw they have not done daoc 2 yet, who know's what they are hiding in the closet..also they have been working on the US origins server for 6 months or so...not to bad considering they use and old platform etc

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie

rep2u :)

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
Makes me laugh that people who can't even have got to lvl 10 are saying RvR in war is rubbish compared to DaoC. If i remember rightly you dont even see any pvp in DaoC till lvl 20 or so and you get 3 RvR ranks at the castle game, which i will admit was hugely fun. Then you have to spend hours queing for the camping spots, oh those days i miss so much, just to get lvl 40 and go RvR and lag to hell and die from people who have been sat there for ages with huge RvR ranks. You know i enjoyed the old pre BG's zerging of the mill to the mahority of PvP on DaoC, but thats my choice. I personaly dont like BG's but will go into them to practice my pvp skills ready to go RvR later on.
I can't help feel that some of the people who are craying oh DaoC is soo much better, are probably the ones who didn't get in too quickly and are angry and taking it out on the game. yes it has some issues it still needs to fix, but when stability is sorted and they add 4 more, YES 4 more factional capitals it could be a hell of a laugh rampaing through altdorf, and then the HE place and then to go lay the smack down on the stunties.
I think the only thing to say is if you dont like it, go elsewhere. I am really looking forward too the RvR in War and totaly dont get what your complaints are. But gl too you in whatever you play:fluffle:

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Makes me laugh that people who can't even have got to lvl 10 are saying RvR in war is rubbish compared to DaoC. If i remember rightly you dont even see any pvp in DaoC till lvl 20 or so and you get 3 RvR ranks at the castle game, which i will admit was hugely fun. Then you have to spend hours queing for the camping spots, oh those days i miss so much, just to get lvl 40 and go RvR and lag to hell and die from people who have been sat there for ages with huge RvR ranks. You know i enjoyed the old pre BG's zerging of the mill to the mahority of PvP on DaoC, but thats my choice. I personaly dont like BG's but will go into them to practice my pvp skills ready to go RvR later on.
I can't help feel that some of the people who are craying oh DaoC is soo much better, are probably the ones who didn't get in too quickly and are angry and taking it out on the game. yes it has some issues it still needs to fix, but when stability is sorted and they add 4 more, YES 4 more factional capitals it could be a hell of a laugh rampaing through altdorf, and then the HE place and then to go lay the smack down on the stunties.
I think the only thing to say is if you dont like it, go elsewhere. I am really looking forward too the RvR in War and totaly dont get what your complaints are. But gl too you in whatever you play:fluffle:

Im lvl 11, you gimp. RR8 or whatever it's called. I got into the game right on the first day... AAAND ....

The rvr still suck! Go roleplay.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
And before you get all "you are teasing me" - you started out flaming the daoc'ers. Thx.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie

They had the balls to copy wow, down to the login "handshaking".

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm having a blast in the nordland scenario as my zealot - great class - some scenarios i pure heal but am having fun mix n matching - the insta is great for low life folks.

It seems pretty balanced to me - at some points a bunch of ranged fry someone - other points a melee char forces a whole mob to flee - great job mythic :)

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I love that our oppenion of the game is being deleted by moderators.

FH sure has changed since we (the daocers) created it back in 2002+ on barrysworld.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I love that our oppenion of the game is being deleted by moderators.

FH sure has changed since we (the daocers) created it back in 2002+ on barrysworld.

Loxelyhood, ego is a wonderful thing. If I recall correctly, FH offered a place for the DAOC forums to reside when BarrysWorld was closed down.

And for the record I was under a lot of pressure from non-DAOCer's to not host you. You didn't create it, DAOC had its own little area away from the rest of the forums. Obviously they were not as busy as DAOC.

Anyway, back on topic. If your opinion of the game doesn't violate any of the CoC then it will not be deleted. Simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom