SB spec for B1

F

frogster

Save all 633 spec points till later then come and fight me :D

T

thegreatest

no matter what you spec you will be wtfpwned by infils :p. Nah, I'm sure certifiable/wtfla has some good suggestions for good sb specs as he's the best sb I fought till now (but you need a fully sc'ed equipment and a full aug specced buffbot to be as uber as him tho :p)

O

ormorof

well ive played SB 4 times now in bg, with 4 different specs :D

19 sword (specced 19 sword instead of 19 stealth accidentally :( )
21 CS
15 stealth (autotrained) :p
13 envenom

as you can see its pretty sucky :p

second CB template wasnt bad, still no SC, just full set of cavelurkers and a mourning rage :)

15 axe
21 CS
19 stealth (auto)
15 envenom

third CB is going to be
17 axe
21 CS
19 stealth (no auto)
10 envenom

oh if you are intrested in SZ template (even though its not as good as it used to be :p )

15 axe
21 LA
19 stealth
15 envenom

could 2-3 shot infils with ravager, atrophy, scathing blade combo, but its nerfed so its more on par with infil damage now :D

N

nerfdom

Spec?

All the above specs are fine. But to be a bit different you need to practise things that a lot don't do:

Swapping weapons mid combo so that a heavy weap is used for the 2nd hit - great damage and end lasts much longer.

Swapping weapons mid crit attack combo - bs with 2 weapons and thigh cut with a slow one.

Swapping weapons out of the bag when fighting and hitting with new weapon fast so no style is lost and fresh poison takes effect.

Hitting and running through to spin and get on their back instantly - again with no style loss.

Sticking to an opponent when your end is gone and spinning whilst putting fresh weapons that have poison on in your hands - they miss and hopefully poison takes em out.

Using different poisons to kill 2 at the same time - imbalance and lethal on one to freeze/weaken him, then running and killing 2nd with fresh poisoned weap - returning to 2nd to finish off - armsman and caster combo!

Loads of other tactics that are spec dependant.

You can rely on just heavy damage to kill opponents for sure - 2 handed weapon use - but in my opinion tis sadly lacking - as you will find out when faced with infs that can hit you as hard with a bleeding dagger!! hehe. Use your noggin at all times - eh unless drunk - which has been my downfall on more than one occasion!

Have created umpteen sbs and i still love playing the class - and every time i return to Thid i learn something.

Have fun.

Certifiable
Wtfla
Honed
Peaceful
Jones
Franky
Useless
etc

Edit: A good tip - and one i use all the time - is to create your sb and practise killing red mobs without requiring healing. If you can do this consistently then you have a good chance of dropping a buffed inf; as i consider a red mob to be the equivalent of a buffed inf!

Obviously you have to have a buffbot and good gear/weaps!

O

old.tuppe

well, self today get my sb to 24, /lvl so no auto :/
laxe 13+5
axe 16+5
crit 21
st 18+5
env 3+2

still trying find some items to rise env some.
wanted try crit spec and so far (those copple hours) enjoyed alott.
no sc armour or crafted, only drops, same whit weapons.
btw name is Ilmarinen.

H

Hargh

I remember seeing some bloke did 0 weapon spec and went all into staff, which was an intruiging idea. using cbuilder im guessing:
Kobbie 10con 10dex 10qui, at L24 u are Dex99 Qui90
Staff is a dex weapon altho 0 spec.
Stealth 19+5
Envenom 20 (+5)
CS 21+5

thoughts? would be interesting to see what WSkill u have.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Hargh
I remember seeing some bloke did 0 weapon spec and went all into staff, which was an intruiging idea. using cbuilder im guessing:
Kobbie 10con 10dex 10qui, at L24 u are Dex99 Qui90
Staff is a dex weapon altho 0 spec.
Stealth 19+5
Envenom 20 (+5)
CS 21+5

thoughts? would be interesting to see what WSkill u have.
I did similar spec longtime ago, have a new sb in thid with same spec, 22 cs, 22 stealth 15 envenom i think it is, really fun spec, many infils dont see you until its too late. Ohhh forgot i put every point into dex.

G

Groborthir

I've done quite a few Thid SB's and been tweaking the spec for each of them.

I think I found the spec I'm most comfortable with, and I think the all-round purpose of this spec is really great.

21 CS
15 LA
12 Axe/sword
19 stealth
5 env

I use a 2h great axe for PA or BS+thigh cut for massive damage (if I'm buffed, few casters survive PA), then switch to dual wielding for decent melee.

E

-ElemenT-

21 CS
18 Axe
19 Stealth
10 Envenom

Get 6.0 SPD Axe and own.

L

Lord-Pelu

well i only see La user around...

i was spec :

22 stealth

21 Cstrike

12 Sword

11 Enven

Of course dont forget a Sc suit(+4)and if u get a bb or a friend buff , u can own easy any class solo , and get really nice fight against infils and shades full buffed too , unffufeds soloers , free walking realms points

L

Lord-Pelu

well :p

ur right , but that +1 dont save ur life , hehe , perhaps only usefull on stealh and enven.

E

-ElemenT-

Yus :)
There's a difference between 24 and 23 stealth :)

G

Gunnr_hunter

I got my SB to

Stealth 24+5
CS 21+5
Envenom 15+5

(i think thats right)

She is not a damage dealer but the high stealth allows me to disrupt the enemy back lines and then escape nicely.

I tend to die only when I get to close to the CK and the Bowman get me, or I have finger trouble. Funny as f*ck when you die and look down to see "you say '111122256711111' to Someone")

Suits my style of play as I don't want to cap out fast.

G

Groborthir

You can't go above your level in stealth, so having 24+5 will not give you an advantage over an enemy with 19+5. Going above 19 stealth for a BG stealther is pointless and a waste of specs that would otherwise be very useful elsewhere.

S

Skullly

LA nerf :p

imo LA is so nerfed you shouldnt use it any more :p
i find that i never use LA styles anymore and use axe instead cos they have higher bonuses and dmg.

My SZ atm is specced:

21+5 LA
18+5 Axe
20+5 Stealth
2+2 CS
7+5 envenom

It is a good spec for taking out infils cos you can find them in stealth b4 they land a PA on someone, the only problem that infils are so gimped they all stealth zerg now instead of solo, so imo SZ is not good for BG1 on prydwen. just go something with 21 CS and 20 stealth imo with high envenom (hit and run basically)

E

eynar

Made several Thidranki sb's, and my current one is specced like this:

21+4 CS
18+5 stealth
13+5 axe
13+5 la
10+5 envenom

T

Thug

Spec and LA

LA is still useable but you gotta have high str!!

Certifiable (Norse SB) - the last sb i put in here - lost 2 fights only (one on one against infs) - once after being perfed by Grimily - other a great fight against Kiminee (not much left of him) - both buffed slash infs.

Buffed str was 212 - debuff never dropped me lower than 170 str - hardly made any difference to my damage output! Also the 3 la chain has some interesting side effects - hinderance and slowing!

LA is hard work though - you gotta move about more and be far more careful who you take on cos you have to stand and fight - so they gotta be away from others!

Get it in your head you gonna die a lot from zerging - but even so i really enjoyed using la!

Certifiable (Norse SB - nearly 43)

C

Crashtje

Originally posted by Gunnr_hunter

I tend to die only when I get to close to the CK and the Bowman get me, or I have finger trouble. Funny as f*ck when you die and look down to see "you say '111122256711111' to Someone")

Suits my style of play as I don't want to cap out fast.

that is so true especially when u try running off and u bound the key, *you say ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffwtfwhy cant isprint* or your twatting numlock to auto run and the / is up !

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Bannana

Bannana is...

Axe 16 (+5)
Crit 21 (+5)
Stealth 19 (+5)
Envenom 12 (+5)

After 3 or 4 days in thid i am very happy with this spec tbh.

Using Mourning Rage or Njessis axe and a shield.

Results so far...

- I have yet to fail to one hit a caster with 'Rage (best so far was 512 + 240 crit on a sitting Yellowcon - though most PA's with 'Rage are in the region of 400

- Generally No problem 2 shotting soft targets, 1handed PA, switch to 'rage for hard hitting 2nd style, then either let poison finish, or switch back to 1hander to deliver another blow.

- Currently standing at about 50/50 vs other assasins. If i land a CS style (normally with 1hander and shield) then switch to 'rage for quick hard hitting second style, its normally enough to fall back and let DOT tick away, or finish by switching back to 1hander and shield and finishing quickly. If i dont land a PA then its a case of style with 1hander, switch to rage to style for hard hitting garrote and 2nd poison, then back to 1hander for rest of fight. I always come close on these fights (not duel wielding hurts me here - but i can live with it) sometimes i win, sometimes i loose. If i am Critted i usually loose so hey ho, need to improve my reflexes i guess.

- Vs tanks i have had some success in kiting. Allthough only yellow cons have a chance tbh - the few blue cons i have come up against simply cant deal with a PA then a follow up garrote for 150damage with 'rage.

Thouroughly enjoying bannana this time round, and having more success than when she had LA.

O

old.tuppe

Ilmarinen
13 laxe
16 axe
21 crit
18 st
2 env
+5 all

trying sorrow dropped 6 sec delay 2h axe (PA 600 +500dmg to one caster, and suddenly against scout ~150+ 200)
but love more my 4.2spd and 2.4spd axes (99%)

how i am doing? well, need ask from albs.
maybe more fun what whit my sz long time ago in thidraki, and this do alott more dmg whit cs styles.

C

Carnalito

i got 19+5 stealth
13 sword
22+5 CS
10+5 Env

im pretty happy with it.. just havent been arsed to sc ma sword for +4 sword and some other stuff.

(buffs from mate's account helps too ;))

Users who are viewing this thread