Discussion on SB/Inf/Ns damage

G

Goryk

I tended to find that against similar sb's in similar armour and no buffs, I'd win with 40% ish left most times and only very rarely die. If you take into account 20% relic bonus, 10% armour bonus and the fact that I have enervating mroe often than not, it balanced out pretty well I think damage wise. I never wanted LA nerfed for sb's.. I've never had a problem in the bg's and with my main slash inf, the few equal level sb's he's met I've absolutely owned (although thats partly due to some awesome armour he's wearing :p) The whole reason I went slash was for the benefits vs sb's then they make them a bit of a joke :( I still thought honed used crit stlyes more than la styles anyway.. Certainly looked like garotte you sued anyways :) I took plenty of SS of our fight so I'll be ablet o look up the damage when I have some free time to confirm what I thought... that sb's didn't need to be nerfed as hard as they were :p

N

nerfdom

Honed?

Hi Goryk

Nah yu mistaken - Honed was full slash and 25 poison - only had bs 2 and no garote. Used slash moves and swapped axes in mid combo. Fecking hard work but effective. But can't agree with damage and if i could post the damage (take pic from game and post here ) that a similar speed weap in the hands of an inf as opposed to in the hands of a SB is doing at the moment you would be amazed i am sure. As for effective armour and that - well you see the minus damage in brackets and the armour does not take away too much - no way near the kind of damage difference we seeing now.

Am waiting for a reply from Mythic and hope to hell they verify the above after some testing of their own. Some SBs think that things are ok cos they hitting hard with a 2 hander - well they kidding themselves. All it means is that they haven't really met a good inf yet with sc stuff on and buffs. One or 2 evades and they won't touch the inf!!! For melee use the 2 hander is not at all suitable in my opinion - maybe later on but not at level 24 - get one or 2 hits off and swap back to faster weaps.

Maybe i played this class for too long but all we want really - all anyone wants i am sure - is to be able to meet an opposing similar player in kind of a balanced duel scenario. At the moment the scales are tilted badly in infs favour with regards to SBs in my opinion. If Mythic say otherwise then am not sure where to go. I for one could make a damn good inf up np - but make a inf killing SB? - eh no.

Entomb - Honed - Naive

Edit - Goryk - but lets face it you were never buffed!! - God help Honed if yu were!! - He was an out an out poisoner really with 750 hits to keep him going!

G

Goryk

Had a little look and my average garotte vs you in particular was about 100ish. Hamstrings upto 125ish. With the odd crit I'd hit for 150 I guess. Still with 1 in DW I swing most of the time at 4.1 spd, and rarely landed a dot due to offhand not swinging and missing when it did. You're 4.2 speed swung at 3.3 in realitiy assuming you used a 2.4 speed weapon in offhand. Your damage when debuffed was pretty bad and it was the poison which was killing me but thats what enerbating does. I see some big hits form you when you resisted the enervating too :p

Edit: I have found a few mroe screenies and the highest I hit non crit vs you was 148 on a hamstring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom