Say good bye to stealther RvR

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3676

- Buffbot limits on all servers ;

Stealthers have no "groupability" factor.
Stealthers use BB's so they can attack those in groups who are buffed.

Visuals can afford to drag along their BB's along with them (Albs and Hibs do this now with DI bots) stealthers can't do that.

Remove BB from stealthers, stealthers will loose more often than not against buffed group players and Cata classes become even more overpowered....

Discuss....

Corran

Part of the furniture
Xajorkith said:
http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3676

- Buffbot limits on all servers ;

Stealthers have no "groupability" factor.
Stealthers use BB's so they can attack those in groups who are buffed.

Visuals can afford to drag along their BB's along with them (Albs and Hibs do this now with DI bots) stealthers can't do that.

Remove BB from stealthers, stealthers will loose more often than not against buffed group players and Cata classes become even more overpowered....

Discuss....

I seen stealthers boating to a bridge area with their bot.. using spymaster group stealth and having both buffs and DI provided...

If you want to leech on a group fight then it up to you if you want to risk it :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
its in the 'most voted for' section, dosent mean it will be implemented

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
"Meanwhile, here are the ten most requested changes from the earlier consultation by European players :"

Doesn't mean it will all happen though. ;)

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
if they do the bb thing i would quit and never come back, better to remove buffing all the way then

living

Fledgling Freddie
well, they never claimed they will go ahead with it, they jsut said it is between the top10 requested changes, from PLAYERS.. Not a word in there about them doing it..

Afran

Part of the furniture
haoth said:
if they do the bb thing i would quit and never come back, better to remove buffing all the way then
Agree :e

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Mythic is more stupid than i thought. This will create a major unbalance. Like the previous poster said, if you want to remove buffbots, remove buffs. Its so stupid, they will just loose all the stealther comunity. Good job you egocentric tards, who asked for this.

Tilda

Sauruman said:
Mythic is more stupid than i thought. This will create a major unbalance. Like the previous poster said, if you want to remove buffbots, remove buffs. Its so stupid, they will just loose all the stealther comunity. Good job you egocentric tards, who asked for this.
Stealther vs stealther = unbuffed vs unbuffed?
Perhaps it will encourage less adding on fg fights.

illu

Part of the furniture
Yep - thankfully it is only a requested item, but if they ever go through with it, every stealther may as well just quit, as even buffed up, it is pretty damn hard to kill some casters / other stealthers / players.

It would make all the servers like the Classic Servers, I imagine only FG's would roam being buffed, and then all the stealthers would stay camped near a keep where their BB's were.

The only classes that would rule would be the FOTM Warlocks and Vamp types with self-buffs, and every soloer, or small group without a healer or shammy type would be at a huge disadvantage.

And without buffs, fights would last longer I imagine (against similarly unbuffed people), which again is rubbish for stealthers as the longer you are unstealthed, the more chance you get steamrolled by a passing FG.

Then all that would happen is stealthers would zerg even more to try and kill visibles, casters would drag DI and BG bots around with them even more and be even harder to kill.....

Anyway - absolutely ridiculous idea :>

Oli - Illu

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
finaly some changes in the right direction imo.
IMPLEMENT for the win. stealthers only fuck up rvr for everyone else.
^^

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Tilda said:

Tho stealthers don't attack only stealthers. If that happened, stealther rr's would be much lower than they are atm, and no, its not the adding on fg's. Adding on some fg's is just for fun (Hiya Mastard xd ).

judas said:
finaly some changes in the right direction imo.
IMPLEMENT for the win. stealthers only fuck up rvr for everyone else.
^^

Hope you're being sarcastic, or else u're just another egocentric retard that voted for the BB changes.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I doubt they would put a range on buffs on normal servers. They would lose too many customers/accounts.

Wouldn't be any fun either, when everyone rerolls vamps.

illu

Part of the furniture
Also the whole point of DAOC was the paper-scissors-rock thing.

Assassins would kill casters. Casters would kill tanks. Tanks kill assassins. Type of thing. (Even though it is now Everything kills assassins, unless they are tooled up / many)

Getting rid of buffbots would make stealthers mainly target stealthers (yawn) and visibles in small groups and the FOTM specs would walk around trouncing all stealthers. It would be an absolute joke and the game would become ultra boring.

The whole reason DAOC is still alive is because assassins hate FG's and FG's hate assassins. If you nerf the whole stealther and solo community, you can say bye bye to lots of subscription money.

And if I wanted to play buffless - I'd go to a craptastic classic server where its all the same rubbish - but just slightly slower.

Oli - Illu

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

and when non-stealthers adding on stealther vs stealther fights? What's in place to discourage them? I hate being PAed/Crit-shotted as much as the next mug, but there's another side to it. This game isnt just for full groups and larger, is it?

illu

Part of the furniture
Nah - I think Tilda is wrong :>

And what kind of survey is done over 2 days? And those days not even being the weekend days? Maybe a better indication would have been to do it over a week?

And I hit like a girl now WITH buffs, what is it going to be like without? Stealthers would respec viper3, NS's would rule the stealther wars with remedy even more, you would have to try and fit in items that have str/con and dex/qui charges in them in between all the other items like AF, SoM, MS.

I don't want to have to swap my whole character's equipment after every death to get ready to fight again, and then have to recharge all the bloody items every 10 goes (I already die a hell of a lot and have to swap out 3 items after every death and before each fight :/)

Grrrrrr.

Oli - Illu

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
they should do "riots" like they did in SWG if this buff shit goes live! :p

and the no buffs thingy won't go live anyway , they will lose money from it ;)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Would be forced to roll a Vamp if that was introduced :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom