Savages

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Pin
Errr no. It gets changed to something which is useful in RvR.

Which does't change what I said, my duel winning styles get screwed over to make dueling impossible, and just adds another option to an already perfectly fine and viable RvR group chain we had before. Argue all you wish but I don't see any justification for this nerf to an Armsmans versitility, we could duel and be group friendly, now all we can do is the latter. Thats a nerf in my book.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Pin

In particular you are a polearmsman. You duel-winning-styles are useless in RvR.

What matters when comparing offensive tanks basically comes down to how fast can you shred support. In this area, you lose.

^ thats right :x

this was the initial problem with polearms line (unable to cause a stun effect effectively in grp rvr) which led to the hybrid specs

now mythic have addressed this and changed styles..

sure duels are maybe ur preference in the game but it has to be accepted that the "official by mythic" target for this game is group rvr and this is what they are working towards

and dont worry im also pissed at style changes :p

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by Pin
This 'melee realm' discussion is another VNism. The only reason Midgard was dubbed the 'melee realm' is due to them having more classes which are focused on melee, and fewer focused on magic. There is NO reason those classes should be 2x as powerful as melee chars from other realms.

Just as Hibernia has more magic-focused chars than the other realms. They don't have spells hitting for 2x the damage of other realms.

mmm 2x as powerful no but certainly midgard should have better fighter classes than any other realm, it does state so in the manual on page 51

G

gwal

Originally posted by Namtih
Last saturday i was running about ganking lowbs in DF with my infil until i saw a 2h troll savage running towards me, thinking that he was a Zerker i ran up and PAed him. He then followed up and four hitted me with his 2H axe, and hitting almost as fast as me, when i was fully buffed using two long dirks. Personally i think that, that proves that Savages are incredibly overpowered

I´m not sure whether u truly are trying to prove that savages are overpowered, or if ur trying to prove infils are overpowered - I thought he was a zerker...... so ur saying u´ll happily take on a zerker, which doesnt make U overpowered, but a savage beating u makes HIM overpowered.

Originally posted by behatch
shadowblades are far from crap,arse bandit.zerkers aint to bad either-or zzang seems to do well

in case u havnt noticed, any high RR person can do well, no matter what class they are - if I point out that a thane with 11 million RP´s is doing quite well, are u convinced thanes are actually good on rvr then? dont use high RR players as examples...

Originally posted by necrofill
unless mystic líes u rigth but else.. plz look at this links (the links dont work coz im not supose from BW to post URLs :/, just copy paste them and delete the space betwen the letters)

scroll down to NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES and read!! Mysticsaid self it was a BUG they should have been fixed now but as i know (i have talk with some lvl 50 h2h savages) r the bug still here!!

...ofc i can be wrong and plz dont flame me if im!!

And btw dont rolleyes of ppl if they r wrong, it only shows u think u r better then other coz u maybe r rigth and if u can a little bit of latin u maybe have heard this b4 "errare humanum est", think a little bit over it + some of u other there think u better then others!! (and plz dont say i flame coz i dont i just want ppl to think a little bit over that they say b4 typing)

maybee he did that cause of ur attitude in the first post, pretty much yelling out that mythic are twats who have made this huge bug that enables savages to quad on an anytime.
u just keep reading all about savages and styles till u get it right - not that hard, hitting multiple targets, and hitting a target miltiple times.

be a bit more calm, and know what u talk about, then maybee ppl will respond more nicely to u (the bug is that they quad more often than intended, but triple less).

P

Pin

Well, Gwalmar basically answered this already, but...

unless mystic líes u rigth but else.. plz look at this links (the links dont work coz im not supose from BW to post URLs :/, just copy paste them and delete the space betwen the letters)

www.camelotherald.com/styles/line.php?line=124

the style there hits 4 targets prerequisite 2 other style to be done first!!

and the other...

support.darkageofcamelot.com/cgi-bin/support.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=9DEXoUUg&p_lva=&p_refno=030603-000001&p_created=1054679798&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTM1JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9NzAmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

(..sorry for the long link but blame mystic then)

scroll down to NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES and read!! Mysticsaid self it was a BUG they should have been fixed now but as i know (i have talk with some lvl 50 h2h savages) r the bug still here!!

You mean this bug?

- There was a bug where Savage combat styles that hit more than one target were hitting multiple targets even when the opening for that particular style was not performed correctly. Now, you'll have to get the style off successfully (i.e. meet the opening criteria) in order to hit multiple targets.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with quad-hitting! Quad-hitting is hitting a single person 4 times in 1 round. Using these styles means they can hit 4 different people in 1 round. See the difference? The bug you liked was a bug where those styles would hit multiple targets even if the Savage failed the style.

...ofc i can be wrong and plz dont flame me if im!!

And btw dont rolleyes of ppl if they r wrong, it only shows u think u r better then other coz u maybe r rigth and if u can a little bit of latin u maybe have heard this b4 "errare humanum est", think a little bit over it + some of u other there think u better then others!! (and plz dont say i flame coz i dont i just want ppl to think a little bit over that they say b4 typing)

When you make a polite post, which contains errors in it's content, or reasoning you are likely to get a polite reply from people like myself correcting you.

When you make a random post, containing nothing except ranting and swearing and cursing Mythic for irrelevant bugs, and even have the gaul to open your post accusing others of flaming and hining (lol), then your post (and thus the anonymous poster behind it) is not going to be treated quite as well.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Pandemic
mmm 2x as powerful no but certainly midgard should have better fighter classes than any other realm, it does state so in the manual on page 51

No actually, it does not.

Maybe you are referring to this:

Races of Midgard
The Norse inhabitants of Midgard are a hardy mix of human and creature, but all are rough, tough, and love battle. As such, the Norse are the best fighters, but have the weakest magic, which is mostly limited to the priests of their different gods.

And this paragraph is referring to Midgard's races, not classes. It means that you have the race with the highest Strength, the highest Constitution, but lack one with a high casting stat (all 60 base Piety).

So yes, if you take a Troll, Firbolg and Highlander and put them all in the same class, the Troll will hit hardest, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom