Savages

N

Namtih

Last saturday i was running about ganking lowbs in DF with my infil until i saw a 2h troll savage running towards me, thinking that he was a Zerker i ran up and PAed him. He then followed up and four hitted me with his 2H axe, and hitting almost as fast as me, when i was fully buffed using two long dirks. Personally i think that, that proves that Savages are incredibly overpowered

P

Pin

Originally posted by necrofill
savages cant 4x hit with 2h

nice job with comprehension there :rolleyes:

He killed him in 4 hits, not hit him 4 times in 1 round.

P

Pin

Originally posted by sigh
at least you can block/evade/parry 2h

you can evade h2h easier than evading 2h as the weaponskill is lower
you can parry h2h easier than parrying 2h as the weaponskill is lower, and parry is halved vs 2h weapons

you can block 2h easier than blocking h2h as block is halved vs dual-wielders

T

Tualatin

halved? I just thought it was a penalty of 10-15% orsmt...

I

iluvatur

you saw a 2hand troll and thought it was a zerker? ^^ hehe

B

belth

Originally posted by [AoP]Abra
^ thats funny why :confused:

Cause liek zerkers use LA (or atleast did anyway, ain't seen one for ages)

C

~Clarky~

but they can also use 2 handed weapons , no ?

with the L.A nerf etc , thought more may have respecced.

But i quit ages ago , so i aint seen much tbh ...

K

Kagato.

Your a leather armour wearing class and you got killed in 4 hits by someone with a two-handed weapon and this is unusual how?

Heck I can kill alot of leather wearers in 4 hits and there resistant to my damage type so its not exactly suprising someone with a two-handed axe can manage it.

Im not saying savages don't need a nerf, but theres nothing out of the ordinary here and alot of other classes could do exactly the same thing.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Kagato.
Your a leather armour wearing class and you got killed in 4 hits by someone with a two-handed weapon and this is unusual how?

Heck I can kill alot of leather wearers in 4 hits and there resistant to my damage type so its not exactly suprising someone with a two-handed axe can manage it.

Im not saying savages don't need a nerf, but theres nothing out of the ordinary here and alot of other classes could do exactly the same thing.

notice the speed? You swing your 4 hits in ~15seconds. He did his in 5

K

Kagato.

I'd like to see a troll swing a 2 handed axe 4 times in 5 seconds :)

F

Flimgoblin

find any 2h savage ;) do you see why people complain about them now? :)

(though technically it's 6s for 4 swings if the swing-speed cap is working)

G

gunner440

u never met a 2h savage or?

P

Puppetmistress

That is possible, I had a 2H troll savage kill my friar in 8~ seconds. If you think that's quite long: I IP'ed too.

I believe he was hitting me for 470 the pop.

And I dont think its balanced someone hitting that fast hits so hard, no matter if you're weak to his damage or whatever.

BTW Kagato: You're weak to crush too. Get a 2H hammer savage and let him hit you a few times :)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by sigh
at least you can block/evade/parry 2h

erm, 2h gives penalty vs parry. so you should be able to block but not parry ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Pin
you can evade h2h easier than evading 2h as the weaponskill is lower
you can parry h2h easier than parrying 2h as the weaponskill is lower, and parry is halved vs 2h weapons

you can block 2h easier than blocking h2h as block is halved vs dual-wielders

bleh, go home =P

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

(though technically it's 6s for 4 swings if the swing-speed cap is working)

tbh, it's possible to land the 4th swing after 4 secs. since the 1st hit is insta more or less and the clock starts counting from then ;)

00,0 secs - random2hsavage hits you for xxx dmg.

01,5 secs - random2hsavage hits you for xxx dmg.

03,0 secs - random2hsavage hits you for xxx dmg.

04,5 secs - random2hsavage hits you for xxx dmg.

P

Pin

Buffed Troll savage with 35 base qui typically has 238 qui at level 50.

Specced 44weapon/49savagery has a 39% haste shout. Then add a nice cast of Celerity from a healer and he can swing those stupid 5.9spd dragon weapons at cap speed.

4 swings in 4.5sec.

S

Silenzio

:fluffle:

O

old.Emma

I`d love to meet a savage using a 2h weapon swinging every 1.5-1.9 seconds that can 4 hit someone.

You do realise that for a Savage to swing a 2h weapon that fast they would need capped quickness, buffed quickness and Healer`s Celerity.

Average hit on my 2h Savage (who i no longer plat fyi) was 250-350 on armour targets (no casters mmkay) that was buffed with base quickness. ie i had ~150 quickness swinging a 5 spd 2H sword every 4.06 seconds. When i popped Haste it went down to 2.78 seconds.

So enough of the Blah Blah hit me for 700 damage every 1.5 seconds crap its total bullshit.

But then in some ways Savages do need a nurf ;p As it stands there is absolutly no reason at all to roll any other tank class in midgard because Savages simply > all.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Gahldir
tbh, it's possible to land the 4th swing after 4 secs. since the 1st hit is insta more or less and the clock starts counting from then ;)

good point :) forgot about the frontload...

nerf!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Emma
So enough of the Blah Blah hit me for 700 damage every 1.5 seconds crap its total bullshit.

noone said they were hitting for 700

however hitting for 400*4 in 5 seconds is pretty nasty...

and indeed will kill a hybrid

N

noaim

Originally posted by Pin
notice the speed? You swing your 4 hits in ~15seconds. He did his in 5

Either the threadstarter is a moron who PA´d the savage (or zerker as he thought) when there was a healer next to him, or there was no healer, and thus the savage had no celerity, and without celerity the savage did not swing a 2h weap 4 times in 5 secs.

O

old.Emma

hello did i miss or something or are savages the only class that can below the melee speed cap ?

4*400 in 5 seconds means a swing speed of 1.25 seconds.

Impossible to do on a 2H savage unless there buffed with 250 Quickness and have Healer Celetiry spell, even then its still going to be capped at 1.5 seconds.

250 Quickness with 32% Haste (self buff) brings that swing speed down to 2.11 seconds..

But the style damage on a Leather Wearing class with slash neutral armour unbuffed with 29% slash resist is 331 Damage bare in mind that is the cap vs that type of armour/resists you`ll be very lucky to hit that consistantly

Throw in Celerity as well and your swing speed will drop to 1.5 seconds but then your styled damage will also drop to around 250 ish.

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.Emma
4*400 in 5 seconds means a swing speed of 1.25 seconds.

You only swing 3 times in the 5 sec timeframe, the first swing is instant.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

Frankly no, in both buffed and unbuffed duels I have found I win/lose 50% of my duels with savages, and there even resistant to my damage type, and a 50/50 win ratio is about what I have with friars too so it seems quite even to me, it all depends on landing the stun or not.

Yes they need a nerf, but I don't think there as bad as everyone makes out, people just like to whine.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I always assumed it was the fact that they are almost unstoppable when they are /assisting eachother that people have a big problem with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom