Sanya, not the brightest of the bunch?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
The Finland/Soviet Union war started with the Soviets faking an artillery strike on their own village and claiming Finland did it, thus giving them reason to attack Finland.

Sound familiar to something happening recently? ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Isunder said:
Going back to the orignal topic about Sanya - she was joking. Her original quote should be:

Hey, speaking of the crafting changes, BG told me something I really want the crafters to see. We’ve been getting the same posts every patch, but guys? The crafting revamp isn’t over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Sorry, sorry, my frat house days getting through the filter again.

Which is a reference to Animal House:
http://www.whysanity.net/monos/ahouse.html

edit: Just thought I'd add - apparently she's brighter than Gamah.

pretty darn bad joke tbh :)

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
The Finland/Soviet Union war started with the Soviets faking an artillery strike on their own village and claiming Finland did it, thus giving them reason to attack Finland.

Sound familiar to something happening recently? ;)

Same old,same old.............. ;)

The German radio station at Gliewitz on the German-Polish border is "attacked" by Polish troops. However, all is not what it seems as these soldiers were actually concentration camp inmates, dressed in Polish uniforms and organised by the SS to give Hitler a pretext for invading Poland that he could show the world.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Pempula said:
In any case: pearls can be cultured in so many places, so why would anyone care about Pearl Harbour? :)

because, aparently it was a important part of the war... i mean, americans died fgs! :p

Isunder

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
pretty darn bad joke tbh :)

I recommend you watch Animal House to see the joke in it's original context. You never know you might like it. :p

Gamah

Banned
Yeah 'cos everyone in the world has seen some shit film.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Additionaly, America is the whole western continent (Including South America, Mexico etc.). USA is not America.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
And this is why game companies don't often try and pull funnies. Every time we do a large percentage of the player base won't get it and will assume that you are:
A) Stupid
B) Trying to be offensive
C) Not taking a situation seriously
D) All of the above

The very next time anyone criticises the dry and humour-free style that we write the News in, I'll point them at this thread.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
UK did declare war against Finland so kinda weird they dont explain that stuff in school :p Do they teach how the war started?

and iceland...

:m00:

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Overdriven said:
The school(s) I went to never covered Pearl Harbour; it was mainly World War/Plague. - Didn't stick around long enough to learn about Russians.
Owned.

Gamah

Banned
Requiel said:
And this is why game companies don't often try and pull funnies. Every time we do a large percentage of the player base won't get it and will assume that you are:
A) Stupid
D) All of the above

The very next time anyone criticises the dry and humour-free style that we write the News in, I'll point them at this thread.

Alright Calm down, was fun to see the Scottish get owned in the World Poker Cup! :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Gamah said:
Alright Calm down, was fun to see the Scottish get owned in the World Poker Cup! :D
Not as much fun as when Scotland beat France last week. Ah that was a good day to be in the office....

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Im pretty positive she means it as a joke, if not she needs to brush up on her history :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Requiel said:
Ah that was a good day to be in the office....
Everyday must be a good day to be in the office for you, the amount of work you don't do; it must be a breeze getting payed that sort of money.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
So, if anything, Gamah did a selfpowerowned? >_<

Or it was just an attempt at a funneh?

/Dracus

Sanya 1 - Gamah 0?

:D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
A) Stupid
D) All of the above

Yeah, you game company guys are uber at pulling funnies. I mean.. .this one was tremendous.

Gamah

Banned
Yeah Ok requiel you can remove it but I still know the truth D:

Edit: I wont tell anyone but you better ban gimmly ^^

Gamah

Banned
Bugz said:
Gamah tries to pwn Sanya but gets pwned himself.

What a great lesson to be learnt here.

That I wasn't trying to "pwn" anyone, why would I try and "pwn" someone that doesn't read the forums?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Gamah said:
Yeah Ok requiel you can remove it but I still know the truth D:

Edit: I wont tell anyone but you better ban gimmly ^^

I know :]

Pempula

Fledgling Freddie
Wilburn said:
dude.. doubt the "historians" here know the true meaning of that phrase

If even one of them bothers to look it up, it was worth the effort though ;).

Bahumat

FH is my second home
General Knowledge is General Knowledge because its Knowledge known by the General public.

If overdriven dont know it then nevermind, but trying to say its not General Knowledge is incorrect.

yeah i only read up to the 4th page but nobodys perfect.....except the hoff.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
UK did declare war against Finland so kinda weird they dont explain that stuff in school :p Do they teach how the war started?

Yeah, it started off with my dads harder than your dad, I fink?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
ian_heaps said:
Yeah, it started off with my dads harder than your dad, I fink?

am scared to ask which part of your dad is harder!

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom