Sanya, not the brightest of the bunch?

Gamah

Banned
GrabBag said:
Hey, speaking of the crafting changes, BG told me something I really want the crafters to see. We’ve been getting the same posts every patch, but guys? The crafting revamp isn’t over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Think someone failed History.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
no...i think she is just thick

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
sounds like she wasnt educated in the US.

otherwise shed know evereything in the world is down to the americans sorting it out.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
I can't laugh =< I suck at history.

Please tell me you know it was actually the Russians who bombed Pearl Harbour... otherwise shame on our education system...

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Think someone failed History.

with your spelling of brightest i think someone failed english :)

pot and kettle......

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
evzy said:
Please tell me you know it was actually the Russians who bombed Pearl Harbour... otherwise shame on our education system...

The school(s) I went to never covered Pearl Harbour; it was mainly World War/Plague. - Didn't stick around long enough to learn about Russians.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Overdriven said:
The school(s) I went to never covered Pearl Harbour; it was mainly World War/Plague. - Didn't stick around long enough to learn about Russians.
The japanese bombed pearl harbor ...

Gamah

Banned
rampant said:
with your spelling of brightest i think someone failed english :)

pot and kettle......

Got A/B actually, or have you never heard of a typo? Or are you going to tell me Sanya meant to say Japanese but she made a typo and put German?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Seriously anyone who didnt know who bombed Pearl Harbour but could tell you where Sword Of Teh Doom drops, or the stats on Shield of Pointless Knowledge needs to get out more and learn a bit about this big spinning rock we are sitting on and its history...

What is the world coming to :(

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
The school(s) I went to never covered Pearl Harbour; it was mainly World War/Plague. -.

If you covered the war - you should know about Pearl Harbour....

Gamah

Banned
evzy said:
If you covered the war - you should know about Pearl Harbour....

To be fair it's just fucking general knowledge.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:

I know but I didnt want to point that out. Otherwise we are in the realms of explaining the moon isnt made of cheese.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
What do they teach in schools about Soviet Union vs Finland in WW2 btw?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
What do they teach in schools about Soviet Union vs Finland in WW2 btw?

Depends on which schools tbh, in the UK - very little as it had less of a bearing on the UK, also less of an impact overall on the war than say Hiroshima. I would imagine where pertinent i.e Russian or Finnish schools then maybe a lil more.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Depends on which schools tbh, in the UK - very little as it had less of a bearing on the UK, also less of an impact overall on the war than say Hiroshima. I would imagine where pertinent i.e Russian or Finnish schools then maybe a lil more.
UK did declare war against Finland so kinda weird they dont explain that stuff in school :p Do they teach how the war started?

Overdriven

Gamah said:

*Shrug* - I never got taught it. (Well, if I did it was 4+ years ago and I've forgotten it)

What's general knowledge to you might not be to me... To me general knowledge is when DOS was brought from The Seattle Computer Company by Bill Gates, what QDOS stands for, how to cook pancakes, who the original composer of 'Adagio For Strings' was..... So what may be general to you, might not be to me. Pearl Harbour isn't general knowledge to me.

So, that comment is purely redundant.

Sure, things from the past were interesting, but I never really got into it; atleast not the whole war part of it. So, I don't consider it general knowledge... It's like saying "When is St. Patricks day"... Who?

:)

EDIT:

Also, my secondary school sucked.

Gamah

Banned
I know all of those things, so they are general knowledge :<

Overdriven

Gamah said:
I know all of those things, so they are general knowledge :<

*Cough*

If you do, you've been taught them and use the information alot - I don't go around talking about WW1/2/PH/The Hiroshima bombing (1.5 megatonnes or uranium (iirc) makes me cry) so I don't tend to remember the information. No one is perfect.

"ZOMG I know about war, it's general knowledge"
"I can do pie to 32 places, it's general knowledge"
"I can fly a plain"
"I can drive a car"
"I can do the alphabet backwards"

:)

See my point?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think DOS etc would be considered general knowledge - Pearl Harbour is no matter how you try to argue it...and we wont mention the multiple films about it or anything else...

And as far as I know the war didnt start because UK went to Finland and invaded...correct me if I am wrong..and correct this chart...2nd World War Dates...no England V Finland.

Overdriven

evzy said:
I dont think DOS etc would be considered general knowledge - Pearl Harbour is no matter how you try to argue it...and we wont mention the multiple films about it or anything else...

To you. All my friends know this, most of their friends know this; so it's general knowledge. - I've never seen any films with Pearl Harbour in it. (Wow, I didn't go and see the film with the actual name as the movie title, shoot me!) - War films (minus; Full Metal Jacket/Jarhead and 1-2 others) don't tend to sway me.... *Shrug*

Depends on what you were taught at school, who you talk to now, who you know, what other people know... If I don't know about N subject, I'll learn it.. If I have to.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
And as far as I know the war didnt start because UK went to Finland and invaded...correct me if I am wrong..and correct this chart...2nd World War Dates...no England V Finland.
1941:

December 5th - Germans halt attack on Moscow.
December 6th - The United Kingdom declare war on Finland.
December 7th - Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour.

Underlined part to correct that list :cool: The only war between two democratic countries up to date iirc. UK never participated actively on that war though :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
not everyone knows everything about everything but people should know about turning points in their countries history. nothing at all wrong with a non american not knowing about pearl harbour.

OT: just noticed "harbour" is yet another word amaricans cant spell :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
1941:

December 6th - The United Kingdom declare war on Finland.

Underlined part to correct that list :cool: The only war between two democratic countries up to date iirc. UK never participated actively on that war though :p

On the list I posted it just goes..
Nothing on the 6th.....

Have found one or two vague mentions of it though with searching... not really common knowledge or actually happened but learnt something new there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom