RVR tonight

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I was in the group taking one of the keeps at late night and also towers for port. Was driving the very same war ram trough half of Emain and I enjoyed it, was a cool tour.

Jollz, you ran a set group PvE'ing Brehons and Warders for how long now on dieing Dyvet until you moved to Avalon (as challenging as taking an undefended keep or tower if you ask me, running in circles around bridges and docks...)?

And yeah, someone took a keep, doom doom!!!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Blow said:
Albs just paying back what you done aswell, last week it was mids, seems time for hibs to feel that. Dont wine accept it and do what you want. If you dont wanna logon then dont.

Your personal hatred vs some virtual enemy/realm knows no boundry's i guess. First you AC hib relics for a year, cause bainshee's are to overpowered (yeah right the dmg is insane considering firewizzy's/air theur's) in your imagination, now because you feel the realm of Ablion have undergone injustice. Think as shown lastnight that albion has more then enough to compete with 2 realms on this server.
The choice is yours really.

Note. Find it quite funny that CM runs during the day now ^^ and only when something is sieged. Also noted that yesterday you run up the bridge tower on inc with a full tank group vs a hib caster group in the open, gw.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Blow said:
Albs just paying back what you done aswell, last week it was mids, seems time for hibs to feel that. Dont wine accept it and do what you want. If you dont wanna logon then dont.

I agree with blow for once, just leave the freaking server, and go Avalon leave blow and his moron friends alone on the server...

Im ALMOST feeling like giving all people leaving english cluster a free char pled on Avalon as long as they dont have any Alb chars...(drunk now so have to think about it but its close I promise you!:)

Anyway, id atleast be prepared to give any non alb alot of help on Avalon alb IF they agree to leave english server so that the morons are alone there!:)

/Charmangle

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
I agree with blow for once, just leave the freaking server, and go Avalon leave blow and his moron friends alone on the server...

Im ALMOST feeling like giving all people leaving english cluster a free char pled on Avalon as long as they dont have any Alb chars...(drunk now so have to think about it but its close I promise you!:)

Anyway, id atleast be prepared to give any non alb alot of help on Avalon alb IF they agree to leave english server so that the morons are alone there!:)

/Charmangle

Hmm, I'd reckon a better plan would be to pl them if they only have Alb characters, that way the population numbers would even out rather than the balance getting worse.

Or I guess you just want to help make sure the server dies ?

Darzil

Jollz

Loyal Freddie
LOL here we go again. We are still running a set Team Conclave grp on Mid. We only take tower's to get some sort of inc we also have a rule not to kill soloer's and if we do it has to be in a seige area.

If your moaning about us killing lowbie's wut are we meant to do? sit down if we see a rr3-4 grp? also what do you expect us to do if there is no action out and you lot are camping bridge's we go to were the action is.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Jollz said:
LOL here we go again. We are still running a set Team Conclave grp on Mid. We only take tower's to get some sort of inc we also have a rule not to kill soloer's and if we do it has to be in a seige area.

If your moaning about us killing lowbie's wut are we meant to do? sit down if we see a rr3-4 grp? also what do you expect us to do if there is no action out and you lot are camping bridge's we go to were the action is.

See, you answered my question perfectly.

What are the few Albs supposed to do when there is nothing out but to take keeps and towers?

Hibs got wiped at Bolg and a went to bed and a few Albs didn't, that's just it.

But hey, it's FH, let's QQ.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Jollz said:

Let everyone reroll to rr1 chars for kicks? Also mebbe make pug's instead of gg on vent etc (yes very frustraiting at times). Though play what you want, how you want, whenever you want :/

There's a huge differance in beeing on vent and not, also a differance in beeing rr11 or 3/4. Anyways guess its a, choice between whats fun for you or seeing whats goin on. Though i dunno for how long this server could be fun for a set group beeing high rr anyway.

Manisch Depressive said:

What are the few Albs supposed to do when there is nothing out but to take keeps and towers?

This is a totally differant story though. Remind yourself you're playing with and against human players. Other realms cant help it beeing outnumbered and how would you feel if albion whas and outnumbered and playing against 20% melee/casting dmg and 20% healing power (which again, might be equal to beeing rr11 or rr3/4).

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:

And again just use your brains for example, instead of doing what you find is fun. Think about the other players aswell.
Let's take a couple of examples.
- Take a keep in albion randomly. Out of nowhere, cm logs a fg and hits the besieged keep. Good fun indeed.
- Try to take bold lastnight. Hardly any defence at all at crim. Come near Bolg and everything dies with 2 firebolts with 6 bolts to spare. Every alb and his dog logged his firewizz/sorc for that defense. What annoys me aswell is that you see certain players (and a guild, hi CM!), only and just only on a towers/keeps/bridge's. This counts (yes again) for a lot of albions players only.

By all means, win DaoC for me pryd/excal albs and just kill the server and get it over with fgs.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
Let everyone reroll to rr1 chars for kicks? Also mebbe make pug's instead of gg on vent etc (yes very frustraiting at times). Though play what you want, how you want, whenever you want :/

There's a huge differance in beeing on vent and not, also a differance in beeing rr11 or 3/4. Anyways guess its a, choice between whats fun for you or seeing whats goin on. Though i dunno for how long this server could be fun for a set group beeing high rr anyway..

fear my friar who dinged level 50 last week. now can you all take a ticket and stand in a queue to come pawn me while solo ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
And again just use your brains for example, instead of doing what you find is fun. Think about the other players aswell.
Let's take a couple of examples.
- Take a keep in albion randomly. Out of nowhere, cm logs a fg and hits the besieged keep. Good fun indeed.
- Try to take bold lastnight. Hardly any defence at all at crim. Come near Bolg and everything dies with 2 firebolts with 6 bolts to spare. Every alb and his dog logged his firewizz/sorc for that defense. What annoys me aswell is that you see certain players (and a guild, hi CM!), only and just only on a towers/keeps/bridge's. This counts (yes again) for a lot of albions players only.

By all means, win DaoC for me pryd/excal albs and just kill the server and get it over with fgs.

say, you have 150 albs in the fronteer, 50 mids and 30 hibs...

ofc 10% of those albs will run around wild and do illogical stuff and so...

if you have too many bored albs (say, albs who haven`t seen any enemie in 30 mins), they will start take towers and keeps...

it`s still more fun to pve a tower and hope some defenders will show up (at prime time!!!!) than it is to retreat into a task dungeon and kill mobs.

i find absolute no more joy in truely pveing someing than i do in running taskdungeons.

a natural decline in player numbers, realm hopping, fotm realms, no longer nesc time to change between realm have made the diff between the `winning` realm and the `loseing` realm soo much bigger than it was in earlier years.

i`m but a stupid alb and i want to kill middies and hibbies. where should i go ? how much am i stilled allowed to do that is not considered griefing, or before it is called griefing ?

middies don`t want to defend their fronteer as they have no relics.

hibbies threaten to go on strike if we take a third keep.

our own fronteer is red.

where do i go to now if i don`t want to upset you (mids and hibs that is) ?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:

if you have too many bored albs (say, albs who haven`t seen any enemie in 30 mins), they will start take towers and keeps...

it`s still more fun to pve a tower and hope some defenders will show up (at prime time!!!!) than it is to retreat into a task dungeon and kill mobs.

i find absolute no more joy in truely pveing someing than i do in running taskdungeons.

a natural decline in player numbers, realm hopping, fotm realms, no longer nesc time to change between realm have made the diff between the `winning` realm and the `loseing` realm soo much bigger than it was in earlier years.

i`m but a stupid alb and i want to kill middies and hibbies. where should i go ? how much am i stilled allowed to do that is not considered griefing, or before it is called griefing ?

middies don`t want to defend their fronteer as they have no relics.

hibbies threaten to go on strike if we take a third keep.

our own fronteer is red.

where do i go to now if i don`t want to upset you (mids and hibs that is) ?

What caused the dramatic server decline in the first place? As Crom pointed out, NFD has well over 30 players on avalon primetime. Thats atleast 20-30 hibs not playing the cluster anymore. This is even not counting other hibs/mids/albs from the cluster aswell that went too either the US servers or other european or just quitted.
Let's leave the bs about the game getting old or whatever. Think its shown if a game is good in general, it will always have a player base. At the end of the day, its the players who make or brake the game. This is exactly what is goin on atm with this cluster.
It's the choice you have as a player to make the game work, not if you can be l33t, bugabuse, play lame, or whatever.

You wanne take keeps/relics because its more fun then td's for you fine. For a hib/mid it might be more fun to either log or PvE, then go against a shitload of more albs with 20% bonus. Your choice really.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
was still pretty early when we started on bolg... not "start of the evening" or anything but given the BG had just retaken erasleigh and it wasn't that late where else should it have gone?

Or are keeps and towers not allowed to be taken at all now?

If by early you mean 10:30 then yes, albs did their attempt on rr early. they took bolg, crim then lost crim then between 1:30 and 8 am they took crauc and crim bk so wd i guess?

asyveth

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus said:
If by early you mean 10:30 then yes, albs did their attempt on rr early. they took bolg, crim then lost crim then between 1:30 and 8 am they took crauc and crim bk so wd i guess?

can i ask why u think it was even a RR?

After retaking eras the bg wanted to move onwards to hibland so i thought why not get irvr so after looking at warmap i decided bolg was the best option.
I took bolg to get irvr in hib no other reason believe it if u will but thats the truth.

Upon getting bolg crim was being sieged so i took the bg to the alrdy 1-2fga at crim and preceded to help them then i logged.

I apologise if trying to get things active in RvR isnt allowed but i wont sit back and be continually farmed when something can and will be done about it.

Flame if you will but my intention the whole time was just to get IRVR plain and simple.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
asyveth said:

After retaking eras the bg wanted to move onwards to hibland so i thought why not get irvr so after looking at warmap i decided bolg was the best option.
I took bolg to get irvr in hib no other reason believe it if u will but thats the truth.

Upon getting bolg crim was being sieged so i took the bg to the alrdy 1-2fga at crim and preceded to help them then i logged.

I apologise if trying to get things active in RvR isnt allowed but i wont sit back and be continually farmed when something can and will be done about it.

Flame if you will but my intention the whole time was just to get IRVR plain and simple.

Yeah let's take bolg for irvr. O w8, some albs on crim, lets go there aswell. Let's not forget crau port whas cut, but i guess thats something that whas on the way. The 30 or so albs that took a look at crau, where just looking for some fun. Anyways, still doesnt matter, cause when hibs retook crim (and tried bolg) it whas retaken the same night + crau (just for fun aswell).

Imho, if its for fun, why not go Midgard, since its got no relics at all atm or do you want something else?

Moriane

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
What annoys me aswell is that you see certain players (and a guild, hi CM!), only and just only on a towers/keeps/bridge's.

Don´t really see the problem here tbh.

Some people like fg vs fg, some r into 1 vs 1 and still others get their kicks out of whatever.

Don´t see any1 whine about people that only wanna play for the fg vs fg or 1 vs 1 really - so what makes people that likes to play for siege different?

And no I don´t play alb. Only play mid and don´t have any alts on other realms so when we lose relics ect. I just suck it up and go out there trying to have some fun.

/Mori

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
asyveth said:

What makes me thing it was a RR was the following:

1 alb cup at crim with crim on fire, 2 LARGE alb cups at bolg bolg on fire, and CM + pug grp at crauc keep ramming crauc doors with crauc on fire. no your right not a RR attempt at all.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Moriane said:
Don´t really see the problem here tbh.

Some people like fg vs fg, some r into 1 vs 1 and still others get their kicks out of whatever.

Don´t see any1 whine about people that only wanna play for the fg vs fg or 1 vs 1 really - so what makes people that likes to play for siege different?

And no I don´t play alb. Only play mid and don´t have any alts on other realms so when we lose relics ect. I just suck it up and go out there trying to have some fun.

/Mori

I agree with you 100%, dont get me wrong (yeye defend your realm by all means). However there is a problem with it atm. It's that a certain players only show their faces during siege warfare (where they've got an edge). So basically there's no action at all, untill you besiege a keep and then 1000 players (hi CM!) show up from out of nowhere!
So next time you think about taking keep, you think boooooooooooring, let's not go there. Though if you roam around somewhere and you find nothing but the casual solo'r you think, boooooooooooooring.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
What caused the dramatic server decline in the first place? As Crom pointed out, NFD has well over 30 players on avalon primetime. Thats atleast 20-30 hibs not playing the cluster anymore. This is even not counting other hibs/mids/albs from the cluster aswell that went too either the US servers or other european or just quitted.

Tuthmes said:
Let's leave the bs about the game getting old or whatever. Think its shown if a game is good in general, it will always have a player base. At the end of the day, its the players who make or brake the game. This is exactly what is goin on atm with this cluster.
It's the choice you have as a player to make the game work, not if you can be l33t, bugabuse, play lame, or whatever.

i can only agree on this part.

Tuthmes said:
You wanne take keeps/relics because its more fun then td's for you fine. For a hib/mid it might be more fun to either log or PvE, then go against a shitload of more albs with 20% bonus. Your choice really.

sigh.

i don`t want to take keeps/relics because it is more fun than td`s. it`s because if i do td`s, i know it will be pve, if i end up taking towers/camp bridges/...(disclaimer : when not working on a strategical level) it`s because there is fuck else to do and i hope my online time might still result in some RP due to defenders showing up.

if there is noone to fight but guards, people will fight guards.

if albion controled 21 keeps, 84 towers, 6 relics, ... we`d probably be trebbing svasud and look if we can ...

killing guards is more fun than killing goblins. and it earns rp where goblins don`t.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Hmm, I'd reckon a better plan would be to pl them if they only have Alb characters, that way the population numbers would even out rather than the balance getting worse.

Or I guess you just want to help make sure the server dies ?

Darzil

Hmm...well the post was made in a drunken stupor...(im atm in the end of that stupor), but atleast more coherent...

But it was inteneded as a disruptive post towrards the late night keep/relic takers...so no it was not meant to even out numbers or something liket that, but only to make the late nighters lonely on an emtpy servers and effectivly making their gimply achived rr10+ chars worthless...

/Charmangle

cmr

Banned
Muylaetrix said:

so... how about you stop playing the easymode ive got 50 mates to back me up when moc is down realm and play hib/mid and fight somthing which might actually be a fair fight

and i agree with what tuthmes said, you roam around and find nothing to fight whatsoever, but when there is seige, FG after FG of albs appear to defend and you get zerged down in minutes, but you think hey atleast we have somthing to fight now :) seige ends.... back to square one

what i want to know is a) where the fuck do they come from and b) where the fuck do they go?

You may think you are stopping the decline of the server with your "primetime" 1am relic raids while still whineing over mids taking a relic at 11:30pm and that your constant seiging of other realms is doing some kind of good.

But for the past few days i cant be arsed to log on because all thats avalible is seige vs 50 wiz/sorcs waiting to nuke whatever comes into F8 range who all magically disappear when there no seige happening. Now seriously seige is the most boreing part of the game, hell pve can be more fun at times...... i struggle to see how you appear for that shit and then disppear once its gone...... i fail to come to any conclusion why you do this shit other than that your fucking stupid OR for some strange reason you give a shit about RPs.

Wake up and smell the shit, 1.65 has been and gone, you dinged rr11 now? wow i dont give a shit, the time for having a reputation for anything decent on this server has been and gone and if your a wizard or a sorc that time will never come my friend so go and eat your own ass, i will provide the spoon.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
so... how about you stop playing the easymode ive got 50 mates to back me up when moc is down realm and play hib/mid and fight somthing which might actually be a fair fight

and i agree with what tuthmes said, you roam around and find nothing to fight whatsoever, but when there is seige, FG after FG of albs appear to defend and you get zerged down in minutes, but you think hey atleast we have somthing to fight now :) seige ends.... back to square one

what i want to know is a) where the fuck do they come from and b) where the fuck do they go?

You may think you are stopping the decline of the server with your "primetime" 1am relic raids while still whineing over mids taking a relic at 11:30pm and that your constant seiging of other realms is doing some kind of good.

But for the past few days i cant be arsed to log on because all thats avalible is seige vs 50 wiz/sorcs waiting to nuke whatever comes into F8 range who all magically disappear when there no seige happening. Now seriously seige is the most boreing part of the game, hell pve can be more fun at times...... i struggle to see how you appear for that shit and then disppear once its gone...... i fail to come to any conclusion why you do this shit other than that your fucking stupid OR for some strange reason you give a shit about RPs.

Wake up and smell the shit, 1.65 has been and gone, you dinged rr11 now? wow i dont give a shit, the time for having a reputation for anything decent on this server has been and gone and if your a wizard or a sorc that time will never come my friend so go and eat your own ass, i will provide the spoon.

Reroll Avalon... oOo i said the forbidden word:twak: :twak:

Moggit

One of Freddy's beloved
I think one of the main problems is who plays now compaired to who played a year/ 2 years ago.
1am gmt all that time ago would still be classed as prime time as there were so many on the server, but all those studants, people who didnt work and people who didnt have to be up early have left to play something else/ moved server. I remember back then if i did rvr on avarage i was not alowed to log till 12/1am but now when i rvr the server starts to die of enemys around 10/11pm.

I think everyone has a time in there head that is there personal feeling on prime time. for some one who has school in the morning or has a really important job then prime time is going to be diffrent then the person who can sleep in the next day or the insomniac.

I cant see how you can change the prime time thing unless you came up with a multi realm aggreement about a prime time i dont know if that would work but hay ho there is more to life then moaning.

some one before said that as the people defending logged alb should have stopped instead of trying to take keeps and towers to get you to come out.
does this mean that if your ever attacking alb and all the albs log then you will just stop and go do something else?

im not trying to flame or anything i just wondered

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:

If I can just slightly amend this quote?

say, you have 100 albs and 50 di bots stuck to them in the fronteer, 50 mids and 30 hibs...

You albs have any idea how lame you are having your di bots perma stuck up your arse? Your just a bunch of horner wannabe's.

I'm sick to death of it tbh. Sure, i could do the same, my druids got Di3 also but he never leaves the Keep. I could run around bg'ing it but i choose not to, you want to know why?...because i believe in a fair fight in this game and in real life. You Tossers with your di bots up your arse? your a sad bunch of twats who need an advantage over any type of opponent in this game and I bet in real life.

it would be really interesting to see the result if say..Goa changed Di not to work in rvr, i bet there would suddenly be a lot less Albs running in rvr.

You know what? It would be good riddence to them from me. thats a fact.

asyveth

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus said:
What makes me thing it was a RR was the following:

1 alb cup at crim with crim on fire, 2 LARGE alb cups at bolg bolg on fire, and CM + pug grp at crauc keep ramming crauc doors with crauc on fire. no your right not a RR attempt at all.

Crim port was cut we cut crauch port then moved to bolg took t4 then went to main keep in the mean time CM were on crauch to keep u up there simple as that u wanna read more into it fair enuff but it wasnt wot u think.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:
sigh.

i don`t want to take keeps/relics because it is more fun than td`s. it`s because if i do td`s, i know it will be pve,

And killing guards is exactly what, RvR in your eye's? Killing guards is as much as PvE then td's. But then again, if killing a redcon on your rr11 wizz is too hard for you.....

Muylaetrix said:
if i end up taking towers/camp bridges/...(disclaimer : when not working on a strategical level) it`s because there is fuck else to do and i hope my online time might still result in some RP due to defenders showing up.

Yes taking every keep/tower/relic is gonne drag the enemie out into rvr :touch:

Muylaetrix said:
if there is noone to fight but guards, people will fight guards.

if albion controled 21 keeps, 84 towers, 6 relics, ... we`d probably be trebbing svasud and look if we can ...

killing guards is more fun than killing goblins. and it earns rp where goblins don`t.

Ye its all about rps isnt it. Anyways, if there's noone to fight but guards, you might want to ask yourself why this happend.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Your personal hatred vs some virtual enemy/realm knows no boundry's i guess. First you AC hib relics for a year, cause bainshee's are to overpowered (yeah right the dmg is insane considering firewizzy's/air theur's) in your imagination, now because you feel the realm of Ablion have undergone injustice. Think as shown lastnight that albion has more then enough to compete with 2 realms on this server.
The choice is yours really.

Note. Find it quite funny that CM runs during the day now ^^ and only when something is sieged. Also noted that yesterday you run up the bridge tower on inc with a full tank group vs a hib caster group in the open, gw.

I dont care that hib/mid painted our frontier green/blue, just saying that you can expect it back.

And we running earlier thats because the hours we work are not always the same hours. Has been always like that, maybe cause the frontier is more quite you notice us faster.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Hmm...well the post was made in a drunken stupor...(im atm in the end of that stupor), but atleast more coherent...

But it was inteneded as a disruptive post towrards the late night keep/relic takers...so no it was not meant to even out numbers or something liket that, but only to make the late nighters lonely on an emtpy servers and effectivly making their gimply achived rr10+ chars worthless...

/Charmangle

so no free pl:ing for me then? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom