RvR Poll!

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Xaldrick
yes please add cure mezz, ablative chant, spec af buffs and determination selfbuff + chant to mana line then :rolleyes:
Cure mezz would be a pretty nice exchange, ablative chant again ok, bearing in mind you have to use run speed or ablative so your pets would lose speed, spec af buffs on a caster class? never gonna work, determination self buff and chant thats not really group utility, the 10% group reduction does nothing and the self reduction I wouldn't call utility.

A

Arnor

yes please add cure mezz, ablative chant, spec af buffs and determination selfbuff + chant to mana line then :rolleyes:

are you a dumbass, or just trying to look like one?

S

Stallion-

thats a nice ide about a lower delve dd.. id like that.. or root as hotrats mentioned.. but that stil aint anything that improves chanters grp abilities rly.. you wont bring a chanter c0z his root... ;) and lowering the delve dd will stop the whine maybe, but wont improve chanters in any way ;) maybe time to rethink something new that havent been seen b4?

H

hotrat

Well the decrease dd is basically the same as changing the heat baseline spell damage type of a chanter from heat to say energy. Leave the spec light nuke as heat damage, and leave eld's baseline as heat.

Then a chanter can still debuff ranged damage for the eld's and have pbae. A void eld can debuff ranged and pbae damage but loses pbae, and a mana eld can only pbae + disease and cant debuff at all. Still very powerful compared to alb pbae groups, but thats what you get with 2 pbae classes in one realm I suppose. A chanter would still be very worthwhile having in a group and so far is the best solution I have seen.

Also just met a hib group with druids but no speed in combat (no chanters), druid pet hit me, I sprint away, I actually gained some distance and turned and rooted it easily. It suddenly became very clear to me how crap most pets would be if mythic fixed the stupid speed bug, especially druid pets. Its also a major factor the instant hibs use GP, pets come literally flying toward a sorc with no time to root them, on normal speed you get plenty of time.

V

vintervargen

take a light tank in midgard and add dualwield or 2h spec, option to have thrust dmg, 360 & advanced evade, insta interrupt shout, 2 different position based stun styles, evade/parry/haste/dps/melee resists buffs, tank ra's then :rolleyes:

.................. hm

P

phule_gubben

yeyeye.. we know they are too powerful and they will get nerfed.

When will DF get nerfed?

When will Chanter debuffs/pbaoe get nerfed?

and so on!!!

G

Gold-i2

Originally posted by phule_gubben
yeyeye.. we know they are too powerful and they will get nerfed.

When will DF get nerfed?

and so on!!!

Never...Mids can't whine like the hibs (and the albs). :(

That's our downfall...

WE NEED WHINEPOWER!

"Oh, boohooo, I was killed...someone hit me hard...they stopped me from killing 4 people at once with my pbaoe while my group is totally impossible to mezz or stun thx to gp. They must be nerfed so I can kill them without them actually hitting me once!"

See...I tried to mimic it, and I wasn't even close. I admit it, when it comes to whining, I can't even begin to challenge a hib. Since I am not very talented at l33t-sp3@k, I don't really understand what the albs say when they whine...but obviously Mythic does.

O

old.Bubble

Insta disease or savages :(

I'm probley gunna have to go with a 3FG's of albion stealthers at AMG on prydwen (A Guild event...) and the 3FG's of Buffbots in APK

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Gold-i2
Never...Mids can't whine like the hibs (and the albs). :(

That's our downfall...

WE NEED WHINEPOWER!

"Oh, boohooo, I was killed...someone hit me hard...they stopped me from killing 4 people at once with my pbaoe while my group is totally impossible to mezz or stun thx to gp. They must be nerfed so I can kill them without them actually hitting me once!"

See...I tried to mimic it, and I wasn't even close. I admit it, when it comes to whining, I can't even begin to challenge a hib. Since I am not very talented at l33t-sp3@k, I don't really understand what the albs say when they whine...but obviously Mythic does.

Mids can't whine because they don't have a leg to stand on tbh. Every whine mids come up with, albs/hibs can easily come back with counter replaies. Tbh mids shouldn't be whining at all considering their setups. I'm not gonna bother to point out to you why because if you don't already know, you aren't likely to see the truth of it.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by kirennia
Mids can't whine because they don't have a leg to stand on tbh. Every whine mids come up with, albs/hibs can easily come back with counter replaies. Tbh mids shouldn't be whining at all considering their setups. I'm not gonna bother to point out to you why because if you don't already know, you aren't likely to see the truth of it.

well FYI not all mids have a savage but u seem to think that all mids run in rvr with a Savage and wtfpwnj00 all the time.

afaik there's like 35-50 that regularely is seen in emain and how the hell u get that figure to fit a whole realm in rvr i don't see. I've been running with my runemaster in rvr lately and I've had a blast.

A

Amadon

end of january

and what's so amazing about chanter pbaoe?

p.s. get a clue

G

Ged

Originally posted by Amadon
end of january

and what's so amazing about chanter pbaoe?

p.s. get a clue

Will they nerf the entire debuff system, or only dem chanters?

p.s. give me a clue ;)

N

necrofill

Originally posted by Ged
Will they nerf the entire debuff system, or only dem chanters?

p.s. give me a clue ;)

only heat for chanters, body for cabbys and cold for RMs!! from 15 sec to 8 sec

A

Amadon

Originally posted by necrofill
only heat for chanters, body for cabbys and cold for RMs!! from 15 sec to 8 sec
the effectiveness of all debuffs is also nerfed not just the duration, so very rarely will you get debuffed into 'negative' resists - ie. you will hardly ever see xxx(+yyy) for spell damage after the nerf
the debuffs pretty much counter the resist buffs, but with the nerf they all become marginal at best.

K

kirennia

well FYI not all mids have a savage but u seem to think that all mids run in rvr with a Savage and wtfpwnj00 all the time.

afaik there's like 35-50 that regularely is seen in emain and how the hell u get that figure to fit a whole realm in rvr i don't see. I've been running with my runemaster in rvr lately and I've had a blast.

I'm just saying theres always something to whine about, not just savages, compare healer to cleric etc etc. The only mids who should really be whining are the SBs and my God are they making up for it.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Amadon
the effectiveness of all debuffs is also nerfed not just the duration, so very rarely will you get debuffed into 'negative' resists - ie. you will hardly ever see xxx(+yyy) for spell damage after the nerf
the debuffs pretty much counter the resist buffs, but with the nerf they all become marginal at best.

if the debuff is reduced to 8 sec, and resists affect duration so it only lasts 4 sec, you can stun and nuke once

it will really be something like

debuff
stun
300/400(-50/100)
150(-150)

have to reapply the debuff every 3 spells or something :p yay

debuff is gone before the assist thingy has updated the target :bore:

O

old.Ramas

The problem you have in midgard (imo) is that while healers and savages remain overpowered, the realm remains balanced as a whole. And as a result Mythic won't boost the underpowered classes.

Unfortunately this means it sucks to be a thane, and too many battles are determined by what proportion of the midgard contingent are healers or savages.

/shrug

H

Herbal Remedy

id like to change my vote to

whats is the worst : mids raiding relics at 7 am

pls

V

vintervargen

:p
_____________________________$$$____$$_________________$$$__________
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$__________$$$__$$$$_______________$$$$$$$$_______
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$$$_$$$$$$$$$$_____
$$_$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$____
__$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$$$__$$$$_$$$$$$___
_$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$$$__$$$$___$$$$$__
_$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$__
_$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$___$$$_____$$$$__
$$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$___$$$$_____$$$$__
$$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$___$$$$____$$$$___
$$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$_____$$$$____$$$___$$$____$$$$___$$$___$$$$$$___
_$$$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$$____$$$__________$$$____$$$$$$$$$$_____
_$$$_____$$$$$___$$$$__$$$$$$____$$$__________$$$___$$$$$$$_________
_$$$____$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$__________$$$__$$$$_____________
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$_$$$$___$$$__________$$$____$$$_____________
$$$$$$$$$$$________$$$___$$$$___$$$__________$$_____$$$$____________
$$$$$$$_____________________________________________$$$$____________
_$$_________________________________________________$$$_____________

A

Auriel

Long duration CC & Determination.

Det is an overpowered counter to an overpowered set of spells, and it's created a whole underclass of non-det chars. Taking a hybrid out of a fight for 40 - 50s is insane, and purge every 30 mins just doesn't cut it.

There's a few well connected, high RR hybrids out there that do great, but a newbie L50 hybrid looking for pickup groups isn't going to have a fun time. All too often 'no det = no grp', unless you do something critical like CC, end regen etc.

Resists are getting nerfed soon, which is ok, but det and cc need a nerf to make some classes more appealing and not just a deadweight as soon as the first aoe mezz hits. CC should buy *some* time, but the number of times I've still been mezzed after the fight is over is beyond a joke. :puke:

Purge every 5 mins would make me very happy (once per battle) :)

F

- Fedaykin -

maybe purge should be reduced to a 15min timer on non det tanks?

seems reasonable to me

K

Kallio

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
maybe purge should be reduced to a 15min timer on non det tanks?

seems reasonable to me

I agree ^^

C

chronictank

made my zerk obselete.

I also would vote for zergs :p

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Auriel
Long duration CC & Determination.

Det is an overpowered counter to an overpowered set of spells, and it's created a whole underclass of non-det chars. Taking a hybrid out of a fight for 40 - 50s is insane, and purge every 30 mins just doesn't cut it.
Yep cc is clearly way too long to be practical in rvr, nobody wants to be mezzed for 1 min+. So mythic factor in resists and add purge but thats still not enough for tanks who suffer almost the same effects from mezz and root. In comes Determination and the pendulum swings totally the other way.

The best and easiest fix would just be to cap mezz and root times to around 10-15 seconds. Make ae mezz/root about 10 seconds tops, and single mezz/roots more like 20 seconds. Leave stun at the same duration but put ae stun down to around 4 secs (or just remove ae stun).

Also I change my vote to baod, a lot of us ignore this RA because mids/albs run almost 100% tank groups but if you try to run a caster groups and you face baod its on a par with a SB facing dragonfang :(

A

Arnor

Originally posted by hotrat
Yep cc is clearly way too long to be practical in rvr, nobody wants to be mezzed for 1 min+. So mythic factor in resists and add purge but thats still not enough for tanks who suffer almost the same effects from mezz and root. In comes Determination and the pendulum swings totally the other way.

The best and easiest fix would just be to cap mezz and root times to around 10-15 seconds. Make ae mezz/root about 10 seconds tops, and single mezz/roots more like 20 seconds. Leave stun at the same duration but put ae stun down to around 4 secs (or just remove ae stun).

Also I change my vote to baod, a lot of us ignore this RA because mids/albs run almost 100% tank groups but if you try to run a caster groups and you face baod its on a par with a SB facing dragonfang :(

ehm, lets not forget one thing

cc is both the bane and the savior of cloth casters, for them cc is the best way to stop em from doing anything, but also the best tool(in most cases i think) to stop them from dying while still being able to do their job.

also, baod is getting nerfed, but you have NO right to whine, with bof+abl+spec af etc.

edit: if it wasnt for overpowered savages and previously overpowered zerkers, that shit is almost as bad as baod, but to a MUCH broader audience.

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Arnor
ehm, lets not forget one thing

cc is both the bane and the savior of cloth casters, for them cc is the best way to stop em from doing anything, but also the best tool(in most cases i think) to stop them from dying while still being able to do their job.

also, baod is getting nerfed, but you have NO right to whine, with bof+abl+spec af etc.

edit: if it wasnt for overpowered savages and previously overpowered zerkers, that shit is almost as bad as baod, but to a MUCH broader audience.

If BoF is making an overpowered difference to the game then why has it only got 3.89% of the total votes here?

edit:Don't mean you are saying it's overpowered but you do imply you think albs haven't the right to whine because they have it, draw conclusions from that what you will :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread