RvR Poll!

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Arnor
ehm, lets not forget one thing

cc is both the bane and the savior of cloth casters, for them cc is the best way to stop em from doing anything, but also the best tool(in most cases i think) to stop them from dying while still being able to do their job.

also, baod is getting nerfed, but you have NO right to whine, with bof+abl+spec af etc.

edit: if it wasnt for overpowered savages and previously overpowered zerkers, that shit is almost as bad as baod, but to a MUCH broader audience.
hmm BoF means I get hit by a savage for ~300 instead of ~600 every 1.5 sec. BaoD makes my lifetaps go from 150(-150) to 0(-300) I think there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in these two RA's and that there is absolutely no need for any realm to have BaoD. Its no fun to fight a group who uses it and casters suffer enough facing 50% magic resists, 100% just takes the piss.

I dunno what you mean about cc cus atm its only the bane of casters, they get mezzed and purge is down they are prolly gonna die without even getting to cast a spell. A tank gets mezzed they shake it off 5 seconds later and carry on fighting. I would be happy for all classes to be cc'd for the same amount of time, and imo this would be beneficial to all casters and hybrids and seer's and only a slight nerf to tanks.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by hotrat
I dunno what you mean about cc cus atm its only the bane of casters, they get mezzed and purge is down they are prolly gonna die without even getting to cast a spell. A tank gets mezzed they shake it off 5 seconds later and carry on fighting. I would be happy for all classes to be cc'd for the same amount of time, and imo this would be beneficial to all casters and hybrids and seer's and only a slight nerf to tanks.
agreed

and baod's upcoming nerf is well deserved

pity they cant fix savages properly.

C

ceix

hmm BoF means I get hit by a savage for ~300 instead of ~600 every 1.5 sec. BaoD makes my lifetaps go from 150(-150) to 0(-300)

gg talking about def vs mids, and off vs hibs

you should know that hib melee group is totally destroyed by bof, and doesnt have baod

so QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ more imo

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by ceix
gg talking about def vs mids, and off vs hibs

you should know that hib melee group is totally destroyed by bof, and doesnt have baod

so QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ more imo
totally destroyed by bof ?
really ? =D
maybe you meant sos and that happens only if group doesnt have decent guarder.

S

squalion

i hate bunker of faith :( makes albs so hard to kill

p.s i forgot what baod is ....... tell me :p

H

hotrat

baod is pretty much magic immunity, with the added bonus of debuff immunity, castable stun immunity, and huge mezz and root reduction times.

The difference between bof and baod is imo albs need bof (only really vs savages but still we need it :p ) but hibs don't need baod, it doesnt win them fights vs the hardest groups, it only makes fights vs caster groups that they can probably beat already even easier.

SoS is far worse for a melee group to face, however thats more compareable to GP, which is bad for any group to face :(

S

squalion

baod is pretty much magic immunity, with the added bonus of debuff immunity, castable stun immunity, and huge mezz and root reduction times.

The difference between bof and baod is imo albs need bof (only really vs savages but still we need it :p ) but hibs don't need baod, it doesnt win them fights vs the hardest groups, it only makes fights vs caster groups that they can probably beat already even easier.

SoS is far worse for a melee group to face, however thats more compareable to GP, which is bad for any group to face :(

V

vintervargen

but we need GP because we have only 1 demezzer in grp, only 1 ae insta on main Cc'r, and only 1500 castable mez. Our main CC'r got only 1 type of CC.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by vintervargen
but we need GP because we have only 1 demezzer in grp, only 1 ae insta on main Cc'r, and only 1500 castable mez. Our main CC'r got only 1 type of CC.
Nobody is forcing you to only roam with 1 demezzer in your group, and you have insta root on one of your druids normally, also single insta mezz can be more useful than ae in some situations. Having a secondary CC type on another class is sometimes an advantage, would you prefer if bards had root and ae root but druids lost theirs? I know the clerics in my groups would give their right arms for root in the smite line :)

You don't need GP but the fact you have it allows far more diverse group setups, consider yourself lucky imo :)

V

vintervargen

Nobody is forcing you to only roam with 1 demezzer in your group, and you have insta root on one of your druids normally, also single insta mezz can be more useful than ae in some situations. Having a secondary CC type on another class is sometimes an advantage, would you prefer if bards had root and ae root but druids lost theirs? I know the clerics in my groups would give their right arms for root in the smite line :)

You don't need GP but the fact you have it allows far more diverse group setups, consider yourself lucky imo :)

mincer - sorc?

insta stun?

SoS?

theurgists?

clerics are gimp imo, yes. but not albion. only on this server it seems

H

hotrat

mincer - sorc?

insta stun?

SoS?

theurgists?

clerics are gimp imo, yes. but not albion. only on this server it seems
Huh? mincer - sorc what does that mean?

Insta stun is nice, but then so is castable stun on a caster.

SoS nice only really strong vs melee groups, only up every 30 mins, not as useful as GP imo.

Theurgists might be nice next patch, atm they are ok, I still rate eld and chanter better than a theurg though. Recent group setups also make me prefer having 3 clerics than 2 clerics and a theurg.

The problem with hibs caster groups if they get the jump (at least vs albs) they insta gib the sorc, spam stuff on clerics to interupt, kill the tanks and win the fight pretty easily. If they get jumped they just hit GP, all their pets fly at the sorc which stops the ae interupt spam. Chanter also targets sorc and tries to kill it, meanwhile the elds pbae the tanks while the hero slams, bard and warden are free to handle the clerics. Also the albs are all vulnerable to mezz while all the hibs are immune, so even if you get the jump vs hibs you are at a dis-advantage right from the start. Its no wonder hib pbae groups win so easily sometimes, it all looks so easy on paper.

When facing a mid group I guess its different, if mids get jumped PR can get the pac healer up even if your interupted, insta ae mezz and insta ae stun are available to interupt, and shammy has ichor. Then of course you have at least 3 healers to spam amnesia, mids don't have to rely on any single char in order to win. Mids also get the benefit of 16% heat resist buff, and can spec a healer for the 16% energy and get ae disease (healers without the last rez is not so bad when you have PR).

V

vintervargen

im saying you got also a "single insta" and also 2 different chars with ae cc.

H

hotrat

im saying you got also a "single insta" and also 2 different chars with ae cc.
Ah i see, well nothing to stop your elds speccing light :) or using a 2nd bard if you want 2 ppl with ae mezz.
Remember our single insta is only 700 range, although it is on a 10 sec timer which rox :D

Almost every class in a typical alb group has something good and bad about them:

Cleric - strong healing, resist buffs but smite line sux.

Paladin - end regen, slam, guard but end regen only 1000 range and no determination.

Sorc - Excellent cc and stat debuffs but confuse sux, dot sux, damage output not great.

Minstrel - speed, backup mezz but a useless stealth line.

Merc - damage but special ability best used against other tanks.

Alb classes just don't support each other well enough. Giving minstrel end regen (chant version!) instead of paladins would have been nice, and then giving pala's determination. Giving friars conc based haste, pbt and decreasing their staff damage would make them a far better support class and give albs better access to the elemental resist buffs.

Even with just those 2 changes a typical alb group would be so much better, and would support each other a lot better. Then just revamp the smite line and alb is pretty much on par with mid and hib :)

D

DaoC.Jareth

IMO this post should be split up in classes / RA's / abilities / Spells. No use putting a class in with abilities, ofcourse a savage will get the highest ratings.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by DaoC.Jareth
IMO this post should be split up in classes / RA's / abilities / Spells. No use putting a class in with abilities, ofcourse a savage will get the highest ratings.

there are no other classes that are near the overpoweredness/annoyance as savages.

but how would you know since you are only on the dealing end of it.

H

hotrat

there are no other classes that are near the overpoweredness/annoyance as savages.
Except enchanters :)
ChantersAreBalanced.JPG

Another funny screen as well, related to druid pets :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ripple/Howards/PetsAfterMezzingHibZerg.jpg

The 225 heal is my wubly sidi robe :) and I was of course sprinting away but the pets could somehow move with speed buff even in combat :rolleyes:

F

fenderon

Savages 44.30%

Looks like all the albs on excal voted on Savages ..

I

iceflower

The /assist command in rvr. Hard to claim you are skilled rvr player if you use rails to play it. Nuff said.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Stallion-
harhar nice crits ;)
The sad thing is those crits are not that rare either, and 2 good ones in a row = me dead.
If Garb or Domain had str/con debuffed me I die in 2 nukes without any crits :rolleyes:

Its just sad that a chanter can nuke me for the exact same damage as they would a grey con mob (ie cap) and that because it is capped they don't get any variance which they should do for only speccing less than half the line.
Debuffing your own damage should have been capped at 15%, at least next patch I won't go into negative heat resists.

Atm I have ~30% heat resist, so after debuff thats ~-25% heat resist, its no wonder I get nuked so hard. Even with a friar in my group I get only 50% heat resist, thats still -5% after debuff which still leads to capped damage.
Capping the debuff to 15% would definately fix that, however if someone else assists you they should get the full 50%.

S

Stallion-

ye well its "kinda" sorted in upcomming patches.. did u read my reply on the dex affecting speed blabla thread?

O

old.Emma

Ah i see, well nothing to stop your elds speccing light :) or using a 2nd bard if you want 2 ppl with ae mezz.
Remember our single insta is only 700 range, although it is on a 10 sec timer which rox :D

Almost every class in a typical alb group has something good and bad about them:

Cleric - strong healing, resist buffs but smite line sux.

Paladin - end regen, slam, guard but end regen only 1000 range and no determination.

Sorc - Excellent cc and stat debuffs but confuse sux, dot sux, damage output not great.

Minstrel - speed, backup mezz but a useless stealth line.

Merc - damage but special ability best used against other tanks.

Alb classes just don't support each other well enough. Giving minstrel end regen (chant version!) instead of paladins would have been nice, and then giving pala's determination. Giving friars conc based haste, pbt and decreasing their staff damage would make them a far better support class and give albs better access to the elemental resist buffs.

Even with just those 2 changes a typical alb group would be so much better, and would support each other a lot better. Then just revamp the smite line and alb is pretty much on par with mid and hib :)

If you gave Minstrel's end regen as a chant they would be in exactly the same boat as Bards and Shaman's, "first to DIE"

H

hotrat

Originally posted by old.Emma
If you gave Minstrel's end regen as a chant they would be in exactly the same boat as Bards and Shaman's, "first to DIE"
Bard is only the first to die in a tank group, in a caster group its more important to go for the casters imo.

Shamans again are not the ideal first target, they fart on you and usually have 3 healers to heal them, just whack a pet on them or mezz them is far better.

Minstrel most likely would be on a higher target priority I agree, but chain armor and if needed BoF and at higher RR IP and AP3 will make them pretty hard to kill.
I still think a sorc would be the "first to DIE" in an alb group :(

Anyway it would open an extra spot in an alb group which tbh is just what we need, for a theurg (pbt and pets) or a spirit caba (disease and body debuff) or a dedicated guarder etc.

V

Vodor

Bard is only the first to die in a tank group, in a caster group its more important to go for the casters imo.

Bard might be best to take down but if he's good your gonna have to chase a while to catch him, go for the lead bm or the MA if you know who he is (if you wanna make life more easy then find out who MA's each gg you can tell after a few fights)

Poon

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Vodor
Bard might be best to take down but if he's good your gonna have to chase a while to catch him, go for the lead bm or the MA if you know who he is (if you wanna make life more easy then find out who MA's each gg you can tell after a few fights)

Poon

doesn't work with JH cos they don't assist ^^

Users who are viewing this thread